Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader (11552 Views)

Arewa Leaders Want North, South West Political Alliance To Grow / 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere / Lyon's Victory And An Imaginary Political Alliance Between The SS/SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by SoNature(m): 6:18am On Dec 25, 2018
rexwalters:
No one is strategizing anything it was an opinion he gave,if igbos want to be President in 2023 they should go and battle their Brothers from the south west, any further resistance against President Buhari is a waste of time,Ngige warned you people in 2014.

Just like they turned their backs on the wise words of Nnamdi Azikiwe and followed the deranged words of a mad man ojukwu,so our best advice for you peeps better get with the program and support APC to give yourself a chance in 2023,no one will beg someone to come and eat.

The way you people go about shouting Igbo presidency every now and then makes the whole thing sound fraudulent
The north has been in power for donkey's years, has it reduced the population of beggars from that part of the country?
OBJ was president for 8 years, did it end poverty in Yoruba land?
What Nigeria needs is restructuring not Igbo presidency
A president can come from anywhere
Kindly tell APC to do the right thing for once and implement the restructuring they held public hearings for, which is boldly captured in their manifesto

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by RTSC: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Dude,
Do you know how party politics work? Look across Nigeria and tell me which region has delivered for APC. APC has a Northern President but the voice of APC is already in SW.

SW speaks for APC, not North. What happens in APC in 2023 will be determined by SW, not North, not ACF. Dont let Umar lie to you. grin

You can turn your region to APC if you want the ticket or put all your strength in and make sure Atiku wins 2019.

When you talk of APC going forward you talk of Yorubaland. Not North, not ACF. grin
Yoruba are opposition.

You don't know how to play mainstream politics. Even the north knows.

Allowing you control of the apc is not feasible in the long run.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by ImperialYoruba: 6:58am On Dec 25, 2018
RTSC:

Yoruba are opposition.

You don't know how to play mainstream politics. Even the north knows.

Allowing you control of the apc is not feasible in the long run.

You must misstake opposition to be something other than mainstream politics. Either that or your understanding of "political mainstream" needs a polish.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by RTSC: 7:08am On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

You must misstake opposition to be something other than mainstream politics. Either that or your understanding of "political mainstream" needs a polish.
Umar a notable northerner says the north prefers igbos.

We have done it for much longer.

Look at the way the apc is ostracised by the rest of the south. The south west did that.

Tinubu is trying to turn it to an egbe-omo-oduduwa show that is not feasible in the long run.

Look at how igbos supported Jonathan even we would have been justified to fight for an igbo presidency under pdp then. We understand mainstream politics.
We don't need to always claim the spoils of war just because we deserve it.

Only a Yoruba man with opposition mentality can believe tinubu will ever be president or the south west will keep representing southern Nigeria in the apc political architecture in the long run.

It is not feasible.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by RTSC: 7:11am On Dec 25, 2018
Because the south west contributed to buhari, they want to claim everything.

Contrast that to how igbos have been voting for non igbo southern presidents under the pdp even when we would be justified to fight for the presidency ourselves.

There is opposition mentality and there is mainstream mentality.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by KillTheZombies: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2018
yorubas have campaigned against Igbo presidency for decades, Igbo still held their heads high. Igbo online just started permutating against Yoruba presidency just last week, yorubas are everywhere lamenting furiously.

Wonderful.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Chukazu: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2018
Is an obvious truth that the North actually trust the South East more than any other region in the South.

But Buhari doesn't respect that affinity from all indication, going by the appointment he has made to manipulate South East interest
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by chrisluci: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2018
Merry Christmas everyone!

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Allenken225588: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2018
see let me warn u guyz
better leave us out of ur hausa/fulani/belerebe jagon...if nt ehh
d kinda thunder dat wil blast ur faces ehh ndi ala
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by AmeLonRo(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2018
The North has advantage. They may continue. If party A says the south will rule in 2023 party B will field a northerner and they will all go their. Its not about party for the north.

Check how to get a scholarships abroad by sending me a private message or at https://newkokoro.com/2018/12/25/the-major-difference-between-winners-of-scholarships-grants-or-fellowships-and-those-who-dont-is-applying/

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by fk001(m): 9:25am On Dec 25, 2018
See me see wahala pls, Igbo's doesn't like APC, they wont vote for APC but still they want APC to give them Presidential ticket come 2023? Sorry it doesn't work that way you guys have to earn it, it won't be given to you on a platter of gold.

I am a Northerner we are not blind we know our Allies

See them they have even lost hope on PDP, they know vividly that PDP will fail but yet they are still supporting failure.

That's why I kept on saying that politics is not meant for Igbo's.

Tayaya za a basu ticket na shugaban kasa idan basa party din?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Ayobami7(m): 9:31am On Dec 25, 2018
我什么都
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Deepthoughts: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2018
KillTheZombies:
Alhaji Kabiru Umar is an ally of President Muhammadu Buhari and leader of the pro-North Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF). He has been with the president from their days in the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and currently a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

In this interview conducted by NOAH EBIJE, the businessman cum politician gave an idea of what awaits ex-military Generals opposed to Buhari’s re-election if he wins a second term in February 2019. He also said the North will rather back Igbo as Buhari’s successor in 2023 because Southeast is regarded as a natural ally of the North in the nation’s political history.

You were in the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and today you are an APC chieftain. How has the transition been?

I’m in APC because I believe in it. APC is an amalgamation of three parties – ANPP, CPC, ACN and part of APGA; all of these parties are now in power at the centre. I belonged to an opposition party in the past, and I’m proud to say that. So, we’re an opposition bridge that came together and chased the party in power out of governance and I think that is a feat that one can be proud of. I didn’t join PDP when it was quite thick in performing, I did not join PDP, then why should I join it now when for the period they run the country, not that they did positive things, the negative things outweigh the positive things. So what is there for one to follow? I have never been a PDP man ever since the creation of that party. I have never been in PDP and I don’t hope to be.

Why do you say so?

You see, I’m a Northerner and we are backward in terms of money and education and the only thing we have that we are boastful of is political power, either during the first, second or whatever republic because politics is a game of number. And then during the 1999 political activity, the military made it a point that Obasanjo must be elected and I felt I was too small to change that but I could prevent myself from following PDP because I did not support Obasanjo presidency in 1999 simply because politics is a game of number. Why should we subjugate our right simply because some few individuals made it a point that one of them must be the president because of their personal arrangement. Why should I, Kabiru follow them?

From the picture you painted of retired Generals, it appears you are now more bitter by the current alleged gang-up by the ex-military chiefs against Buhari’s re-election in 2019. How bitter are you?

The issue of the gang up is selfish, why did they support Buhari in the first place? They supported him because they wanted him to do their bidding. The issue is simple, some of them have oil wells here and there, they don’t want to pay royalty, they don’t do anything. I mean they are supposed to be ashamed of what they are doing. If not that Buhari is even tolerant, he would have exposed them. See what General TY Danjuma said some months ago, he has unfettered access to Buhari or anybody in this country but see the statement he made and where he made it. It was disappointing and then nobody tells him anything. See what happened, late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua mentioned it when a minister visited him and the minister complained about electricity, I remember very well when Yar’adua told the minister that Obasanjo government spent over $600m, and yet there was no electricity, the minister couldn’t talk, never talked again. It was during Obasanjo period that we had the highest top ranking security officers and minister of justice killed in his own domain and nothing happened. I do remember there was one occasion that took place where Wole Soyinka said the killers of Bola Ige were in their midst. He did mention that the killers of Bola Ige were in the gathering, nobody challenged him because those who matter knew it. I think I have to mention names because it happened. Why was Audu Ogbe removed as chairman of PDP because he challenged Obasanjo, Omisore was in prison and he was made the senatorial candidate, Ogbe challenged it, and that was the beginning of his problem, not to talk of the issue between him and Atiku, something of that nature. Anybody in the same group wants their party to win, so there is nothing wrong. But Omisore was in prison and he became a senatorial candidate of PDP and eventually became the senator. You know for Obasanjo to begin to talk to people, I’ve been wondering why people should listen to him. I mean it is disappointing that people are listening to Obasanjo. I think it is disappointing. He said all unprintable things and lots of people are saying that. See what he did to the father of former Speaker of House of Reps, Hon. Dimeji Bankole, Alhaji Alani Bankole when he wanted to contest as governor of Ogun state. The same thing with Ajimobi, Amosun what did he do to them? What did he do to AD then? He made sure that all the governors were removed, when AD said they have no presidential candidate, they voted for Obasanjo but it was only Tinubu that survived. Is he somebody that can be trusted? You understand, he can’t be trusted by whatever yardstick.

Some Nigerians are saying that the northern numerical strength you mentioned is a fluke because of the allegation that the region often hire people from neighboring countries like Niger Republic to vote in the north. What is your reaction to this?

Those who are saying this don’t know what they are saying. The north does not need to bring anybody from anywhere to vote. We don’t have that kind of culture. We don’t have that culture of paying Peter to go and write exams for Gabriel. We don’t have that culture. That culture is alien to the north, that is the truth. How can somebody say northern population is a fluke? As a northerner, I feel bad because it is blackmail. From the first and second republics till date, the north does not have that culture of hiring political supporters from neighbouring countries.

One thing is that you cannot differentiate somebody from Maradi in Niger Republic from somebody in the neighbouring communities in Nigeria because they speak the same dialect, use same dresses, and what have you. But to say that we bring people from Niger Republic to come and vote in Nigeria, I think it is an insult to the north.

What is your view on the struggle between Igbo and Yoruba for the 2023 presidency?

I think that is their own issue, I am just a passenger. However, it depends on the time and the situation. The north has a long political alliance with Igbo. In the first and second republics, there was an alliance between the NPP and NPN, they called it Accord before it was broken. So it all depends on the situation and issues on the ground. Issues on the ground are very important, as well as the quality of the candidate. Whether such candidate comes from South-south or South-east or wherever, quality of the candidate and the prevailing situation will determine whatever… For now, nobody can predict the situation because saying it is one thing and actualising it is another thing. You never can tell what will happen before 2023, I stand to be corrected.

https://sunnewsonline.com/2023-presidency-north-will-prefer-igbo-to-yoruba-umar-acf-leader/amp/

The south had better find a way sorting out their differences n forging a common front or just forget it as they shall continue to be toss around by the hausa/fulani of the north,the bitter acrimony amongst the Southerners is not even giving confidence to the northern minorities n this suit perfectly well with the hauy/fulani agenda, reading in between the the lines of the interviewee above shows the north believe it has got the numerical strength to determine the political direction of the country,come 2023 the south may realized bitterly they had been played for fools all along, igbos should now realized why it's important for them to always make sacrifices n go back home to participate in any activity that is population inclined such as census,voter registration, elections etc.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by legba1(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2018
Who here is indeed a Fulani/hausa ass licker...... Awon olori pelebe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by legba1(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2018
KillTheZombies:
yorubas have campaigned against Igbo presidency for decades, Igbo still held their heads high. Igbo online just started permutating against Yoruba presidency just last week, yorubas are everywhere lamenting furiously.

Wonderful.

U guys luv to deceive ursefs...u called yorubas hausa-fulanis ass lickers while in actual facts u lots had been licking their ass from time immemorial...we played opposition well all along and worked our way through....you won't get presidency just like that...not with your hateful stance...These pathetic lots sabotaged Ngige in the Senate...he would have been senate president and yet they will blackmail you into helping their political ideologies....and once you don't, they called you names....awon ode

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Shikena(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2018
Chukazu:
Is an obvious truth that the North actually trust the South East more than any other region in the South.

But Buhari doesn't respect that affinity from all indication, going by the appointment he has made to manipulate South East interest
That is typical master-slave relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Yoshy: 10:59am On Dec 25, 2018
Oshigun:

You guys are so sentimental that laughing at your gibberish is the only thing one can do sometimes. Go back and read the nonsense you wrote above and inspect it for sense. This is why the world drinks Garri with Igbo mumuism.

Yes the Northerners in the APC will reject the Yorubas who formed an effective merger with them plus contributed electoral strenght, political might/machinery, dominating SW win in 2015, grassroot mobilisation and the finance to see the region gain 8 years in power to select a candidate from an ethnic group that humiliated Buhari in the SE(5% lot) and have insulted the "terrorist Jihadist" North for the past decade and generally sworn to always undermine Northerners any chance they get. That makes a lot of sense to normal folks. Shior.

There is no day that "sentimental" does not get used in relation to you guys at least 2,000 times on Nairaland and deservedly so. The way you reason and talk is just something else.

I thought you will bring up good reasons, how come your entire statement is full of sentiments?

Oh! Because you lick the Norths ass they are now your brothers and won't betray you or look out for their interests? Lol

Read your post again, unless you don't know the meaning of sentiment.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by RTSC: 11:02am On Dec 25, 2018
legba1:
Who here is indeed a Fulani/hausa ass licker...... Awon olori pelebe
There is a difference between an alliance and a master -slave relationship.

Cone head.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by jude79(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2018
rexwalters:
No one is strategizing anything it was an opinion he gave,if igbos want to be President in 2023 they should go and battle their Brothers from the south west, any further resistance against President Buhari is a waste of time,Ngige warned you people in 2014.

Just like they turned their backs on the wise words of Nnamdi Azikiwe and followed the deranged words of a mad man ojukwu,so our best advice for you peeps better get with the program and support APC to give yourself a chance in 2023,no one will beg someone to come and eat.

i don't blame u, cos if our yoruba brothers had not fallen for ur divide and rule tactics, u wouldn't in ur dreams been lording over the southerners and middle belterners. but let me make it succintly clear to u, just like the middlebelterners they will continue to mature politically, until the time they will see what both southeast/southsouth saw in u criminals. ur foolish bigotry had ran this country aground. yet ur foolishly gloating over a dead giant carcass, rubbish
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 25, 2018
I agree.
Igbos have been servants to the North from time immemorial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Kellibae(f): 11:30am On Dec 25, 2018
deboysben:
Noo our VP assured us that presidency is surely coming to our region after buhari whether buhari is a dead vegetable or is killing all of us.

Pls when uake this kind of comment make u specify who u are referring to, else foreingers will think u are talking about IGBOS.
Because this topic is about igbos undecided

To whomever sense is given diplomacy is angryexpected,

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by deboysben(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2018
Kellibae:

Pls when uake this kind of comment make u specify who u are referring to, else foreingers will think u are talking about IGBOS.
Because this topic is about igbos undecided

To whomever sense is given diplomacy is angryexpected,
so you don't know buhari will hand us the presidency in 2023 cos the belong to everybody and belong to nobody
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2018
Restructure or divide Nigeria. If not, tribalism will always destroy us
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Kellibae(f): 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2018
deboysben:
so you don't know buhari will hand us the presidency in 2023 cos the belong to everybody and belong to nobody
What is this one saying undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by 35824L: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2018
RTSC:
That is the fact I have been saying.

The fulani owners of the apc want an igbo presidency because they forsee the hand writing on the wall.
They know an apc without igbos is an opposition in the long run, and the pdp will capitalize.
It is not feasible.

And it is no wonder, the SGF have publicly called for igbo presidency in 2023.

It is the Yoruba in the apc that are running faster than their shadows, without any recourse to long term political realities.

2023 is going to be interesting. Nothing is set in stone yet as far as the apc is concerned.

There are still sensible people in that party that do not answer to tinubu.
You don't know when you are being baited. No wonder uwazorike said you people are very foolish. When the time comes, even PMB will not be able to withstand the opposition from the northern power brokers to any ibo presidential aspiration in APC. Iboes will be told plain and simple that they cannot reap from where they did not sow

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Dpharisee: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2018
RTSC:
And just like that man said, the igbos and the north have been in alliance for much longer.

Unlike what obtains now between the west and north, the alliance was not condescending.

We didn't stoop to conquer. Our alliance was based on mutual respect.

The dealings between the North and SE is based on mutual respect right from the days of Zik to Ekwueme and now Obi
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by KillTheZombies: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2018
35824L:
You don't know when you are being baited. No wonder uwazorike said you people are very foolish. When the time comes, even PMB will not be able to withstand the opposition from the northern power brokers to any ibo presidential aspiration in APC. Iboes will be told plain and simple that they cannot reap from where they did not sow

Yoruba mentality: 'The north hate IBO, IBOs hate the north, so the IBO will vote for Yoruba president while we yorubas will never vote Ibo. We yorubas get sense other southerners no get.'

grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Ziggylady(f): 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2018
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Ziggylady(f): 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2018
Alhaji Kabiru Umar has said it all....

I pity Yorumgbas fooling themselves that they will produce the President in 2023 via North voting for them against anyone much less a Northern candidate

It will be a cold day in hell before that happens.

The general consensus is that SWs must be very greedy and selfish to ever imagine such abomination.

E go do una like film-truck

Anyway Merry Christmas to all my peeps in the house....Anti-buharists,,Anti-APC and Anti-Yoruba Presidency in 2023!! kiss..Keep the Fire burning.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by jude79(m): 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2018
Deepthoughts:
The south had better find a way sorting out their differences n forging a common front or just forget it as they shall continue to be toss around by the hausa/fulani of the north,the bitter acrimony amongst the Southerners is not even giving confidence to the northern minorities n this suit perfectly well with the hauy/fulani agenda, reading in between the the lines of the interviewee above shows the north believe it has got the numerical strength to determine the political direction of the country,come 2023 the south may realized bitterly they had been played for fools all along, igbos should now realized why it's important for them to always make sacrifices n go back home to participate in any activity that is population inclined such as census,voter registration, elections etc.

chei, na only get sense
Re: 2023 Presidency: North Has A Long Political Alliance With Igbo– Umar, ACF Leader by Ziggylady(f): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2018
fk001:
See me see wahala pls, Igbo's doesn't like APC, they wont vote for APC but still they want APC to give them Presidential ticket come 2023? Sorry it doesn't work that way you guys have to earn it, it won't be given to you on a platter of gold.

I am a Northerner we are not blind we know our Allies

See them they have even lost hope on PDP, they know vividly that PDP will fail but yet they are still supporting failure.

That's why I kept on saying that politics is not meant for Igbo's.

Tayaya za a basu ticket na shugaban kasa idan basa party din?

Look at this circus jester! Who are you in the scheme of things?...Umar Kabiru an ACF chieftain has spoken while talakawas like you opprtuned to own a phone is ranting here to deceive your gullible SW side-kicks.

You better go collect your daily ration of meals from folks like Umar before making noise here..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News:: PMB Flags-off N22.7b Jada Town Road, Leads To Atiku's Hometown. / You Can’t Find Any Evidence Of Corruption Against Me, Fayose Tells Fayemi / 2022: Buhari’s New Year Message (Full Text)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.