Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It - Food (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It (30066 Views)

What Is One Food You Could Not Live Without? Why? / Lady Buys Fish But Is Afraid Of Eating It For Not Knowing Its Name (Photos) / Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Probz(m): 9:52am On Apr 03, 2019
Boiled eggs should be banned from consumption.
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Efostick(m): 11:01am On Apr 05, 2019
Anything with onions in it.

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Probz(m): 11:33am On Apr 05, 2019
Efostick:
Anything with onions in it.

Onions are the base of most dishes.
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Noblefirstlady: 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
Mine is fruit : guava I don't even know if I spelt it right, gush I hate that fruit
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by JBoss25(m): 4:15am On Jun 20, 2019
Coco Yam
Watermelon
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by ArcToyin(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mariangeles:
We'll take your case to Shiloh ! angry
Lol
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by ArcToyin(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
[quote author=omoadeleye post=74149554]still searching[g/quote] lol
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Fucktensei: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2019
As for me what I hate;

Anything swallow(this includes soups and the likes, i.e I don't eat swallow and soups)

Anything unripe plantain (Trust me you won't find it funny with me)

Anything noodles (I don't like noodles)

Anything beans and Yam(I'd simply remove the yam from the beans and eat it like that)

Fish(I hate this more than anything)

Abacha

Ukwa

.. I think that's all. But swallow is my most hated! To me, that stuff is like poison!

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Probz(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
How could anyone hate ukwa?

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Oshokalo: 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
IamPlato:
I Hate Yam Porriage
Fish Stew
Fish Pepper Soup
Garden Egg
Bitter Leaf Soup
Roasted Corn
Fried Yam
Potato
Amala
Coconut
and I eat all listed this life no really balance
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Oshokalo: 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
I hate pork and cat meat,but I like 404

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by brain54(m): 6:19am On Dec 20, 2020
only two foods I can reject eating 1. okro soup 2. spaghetti
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by eminent91: 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
I hate okro soup,egusi cooked with ugu leaves,beans and yam
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by AlphaTaikun: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2022
ibkayee:
Peanuts and that demonic concoction of milk and garri
Lol.
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by AlphaTaikun: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2022
sisisioge:
Ikokore and Ebiripo... delicacies native to Ijebu people. You can't throw a party without both dishes making appearance...but I just find them disgusting angry
How can an Ijebu babe not love
some tasty Ikokore?! Keep it real, is it a subconcious thing or you got ditched by a badass Ijebu man? Lol.
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Veryfied: 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2022
Amala.

I throw up 90% of the time when I eat it.
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by sisisioge: 5:20am On Sep 21, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

How can an Ijebu babe not love
some tasty Ikokore?! Keep it real, is it a subconcious thing or you got ditched by a badass Ijebu man? Lol.

I just abhor the sight of them...Ikokore be looking like a child's poo grin

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by AlphaTaikun: 10:09am On Sep 21, 2022
sisisioge:

I just abhor the sight of them... Ikokore be looking like a child's poo grin
Whaaaaaat?! @Sisioge, you didn't just say that. You have to be sent to the "naughty corner" as a punishment. Lol.

It's all about you re-programming your mind. Did you know that what you are today is the total sum of all your experiences in life?... [i.e., right from childhood].

Next time, you can imagine yourself eating boiled plantains and fried eggs (or yams and fried sardine stew) when next you eat some well-garnished Ikokore, until you begin to like it. Also, you can spray lavender oil or any fragrance that you like so that it triggers you to associate those Ijebu delicacies with positivity.wink

I've tasted Ikokore twice or more and it looked eye-catching and very tasty. In the U.S., Nigerian food outlets offer these delicacies such as Ikokore and Ebiripo, and White folks even come to eat.

By the way, does it mean "Mirales Kitchen" doesn't offer Ikokore? I'm just pondering.

Nice thread.
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by sisisioge: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Whaaaaaat?! @Sisioge, you didn't just say that. You have to be sent to the "naughty corner" as a punishment. Lol.

It's all about you re-programming your mind. Did you know that what you are today is the total sum of all your experiences in life?... [i.e., right from childhood].

Next time, you can imagine yourself eating boiled plantains and fried eggs (or yams and fried sardine stew) when next you eat some well-garnished Ikokore, until you begin to like it. Also, you can spray lavender oil or any fragrance that you like so that it triggers you to associate those Ijebu delicacies with positivity.wink

I've tasted Ikokore twice or more and it looked eye-catching and very tasty. In the U.S., Nigerian food outlets offer these delicacies such as Ikokore and Ebiripo, and White folks even come to eat.

By the way, does it mean "Mirales Kitchen" doesn't offer Ikokore? I'm just pondering.

Nice thread.

Hmmmm....so I eat with my eyes and love to savor a new food. I can't imagine imagining something else when I eat fa. No thank you.

As for Milares, we make every food including the ones being discussed grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by AlphaTaikun: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2022
sisisioge:

Hmmmm....so I eat with my eyes and love to savor a new food. I can't imagine imagining something else when I eat fa. No thank you.

As for Milares, we make every food including the ones being discussed grin.
*Draws @Sisioge back into the thread convo*

How's it going omoge?

Okay, so you are a highly visual person... To each his own. Lol.

If you don't like the IJebu foods being discussed here, then it means you won't be able to cook them properly at Milares with the much needed passion. How can you make or cook something that you don't eat or taste? *shaking the table*

At least you do love Ayamase stew which originally has it's culinary roots from a woman in Ikenne,
Ogun State.

P.S. I wanted to ask you this a
couple of years back with my older NL moniker: WHY did you use "Si(x3)
oge" in your moniker? Was that an error or you just wanted to stand out?
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by sisisioge: 2:45am On Sep 22, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

*Draws @Sisioge back into the thread convo*

How's it going omoge?

Okay, so you are a highly visual person... To each his own. Lol.

If you don't like the IJebu foods being discussed here, then it means you won't be able to cook them properly at Milares with the much needed passion. How can you make or cook something that you don't eat or taste? *shaking the table*

At least you do love Ayamase stew which originally has it's culinary roots from a woman in Ikenne,
Ogun State.

P.S. I wanted to ask you this a
couple of years back with my older NL moniker: WHY did you use "Si(x3)
oge" in your moniker? Was that an error or you just wanted to stand out?

Lol at the bolded.

Meanwhile, Milares is a kitchen ran by my uncle who resides in Ireland. He is a great cook and extremely gifted with food ingredients. I was just helping him push it in naija before ni. Believe me, I cook Ikokore well without eating it.... you know all the condiments go into the prepping before the grated yam goes in. I just find water yam and cocoyam weird. Would rather just use cocoyam as a soup thickener and avoid water yam completely. Geskia.

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by AlphaTaikun: 3:37am On Sep 22, 2022
sisisioge:

Lol at the bolded. I choose the 3si because I wanted to match my IG and email handles. While the later had been taken in 2si, the former was available. So I thought why not match all on 3si.

Meanwhile, Milares is a kitchen ran by my uncle who resides in Ireland. He is a great cook and extremely gifted with food ingredients. I was just helping him push it in naija before ni. Believe me, I cook Ikokore well without eating it.... you know all the condiments go into the prepping before the grated yam goes in. I just find water yam and cocoyam weird. Would rather just use cocoyam as a soup thickener and avoid water yam completely. Geskia.
A-ha! Sisioge... The mystery of the "3si" has been solved after all these years.

Oh, I thought Milares was based in
Lagos. So it's in Ireland... I get it.

Some of the top restaurants are run by Nigerian men.

Buka 1 and Buka 2 in the U.S. are owned by a Nigerian man of Yoruba descent and his outlets were voted the fastest growing restaurants in the U.S. before 2020. When he first relocated from the
UK to the U.S., he got funding from the U.S. Government and that's how he became big in America.

Last but not least, I believe you can cook that dish... no doubt. Funnily, I read within the last 3 years of an
Ijebu guy (who is a professional) who said he doesn't like Ikokore and he gave the exact quirky reason of physical appearance.

I've learned something from you about the way the human mind works.

I've had fun chatting with you and would love to chat with you some other time.

Take care and Stay safe. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by sisisioge: 3:42am On Sep 22, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

A-ha! Sisioge... The mystery of the "3si" has been solved after all these years.

Oh, I thought Milares was based in
Lagos. So it's in Ireland... I get it.

Some of the top restaurants are run by Nigerian men.

Buka 1 and Buka 2 in the U.S. are owned by a Nigerian man of Yoruba descent and his outlets were voted the fastest growing restaurants in the U.S. before 2020. When he first relocated from the
UK to the U.S., he got funding from the U.S. Government and that how he became big in America.

Last but not least, I believe you can cook that dish... no doubt. Funnily, I read within the last 3 years of an
Ijebu guy (who is a professiona)l who said he doesn't like Ikokore and he gave the exact quirky reason of physical appearance.

I've learned something from you about the way the human mind works.

I've had fun chatting with you and would love to chat with you some other time.

Take care and Stay safe. wink

Thank you grin

1 Like

Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by newoffer: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2022
You are not a human being. You are Alien
yarimo:
I hate rice and beans with chicken. undecided sad angry
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by Sweetvie: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
I hate anything semo
I hate wheat ( i hate all swallow but I can still cope with eba,amala and pounded yam)
I hate indomies
I hate bread
I hate goldenmorn
I hate beans ( but I love rice and beans, can you imagine?)
I hate gala
Re: Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It by shantti(m): 1:01am On Sep 25, 2022
Ewedu and gbegiri.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos) / Why Do Nigerians Cook Their Stew So Much? / Nigerian State Bans Consumption Of Coke, Fanta, Sprite At Its Events

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.