Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian (7506 Views)

CAN Says Nigerians Should Celebrate Easter With Fasting, Prayer / Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:03am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
ignorance or should I say obstinance at its peak.. grin

It became clear to many people that the church had lied all through decades and abandoned fraudulent celebrations instituted by fake humans and not Jesus himself.. impostors who wanted to enjoy them selves but had to tag Jesus along..

Church lied? and you guys suddenly know the truth.??

Like seriously

grin
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Elnino4ladies: 9:05am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

Capital YES
Then answer my question now!
Is your birthday cerebration biblical? Yes or No

Yes Biblical proof please
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 25, 2018
Jesus, bible, Christmas and Christianity were all formulated by the old Greeks.

Take your time and read the history of Christianity beyond what the Bible say about it.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
who or what is the catholic church?. Is the church Jesus ??

Without the catholic church there is no bible for bible belivers.
We produced the bible and Christmas.

So if you accept the bible and reject the church that produced it then I have no problem with you rejecting Christmas.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
marching on to where... may i remind you of how Jesys will say " get away from me you workers of iniquity" xmas celebration is one of those iniquities.. out right commands by Jesus are being infringed on by you lots.. but the sugar coated pagan celebration is what is upheld universally just for self pleasure...

You know your problem? You have never celebrated Christmas. You don't even know what the celebration is all about. cheesy

Jesus remains the reason for the season. cool
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Ayobami7(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2018
:湥 潴昣昸.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by bayelsaowei(m): 9:09am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

You know your problem? You have never celebrated Christmas. You don't even know what the celebration is all about. cheesy

Jesus remains the reason for the season. cool
who told you i have never celebrated xmas.. ,??.. i once was immersed in it.. but as a person open to facts and history I decided to dump the fraudulent celebration.. it's all fraud.. how does Santa claus relate to our lord and saviour Jesus?? Think of that and realize you're still thinking like a child who just wants to eat sweet and chewing gum..

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2018
Elnino4ladies:

The bible is not a complete history book, but the church that lived before the bible recorded it and have more history material than the bible.

Then show me where in the bible you got your birthday cerebration from.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

So if you accept the bible and reject the church that produced it then I have no problem with you rejecting Christmas.

I'm not a Catholic. It's not only Catholic that celebrate Christmas. All reasonable Christians do. cool
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by bayelsaowei(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

number one lie.. we can go through history together and discuss this..

Let us assume you're correct where in the catholic bible is xmas even mentioned?? Oya let's start from there before we go into the other issue..

I report to Jesus and not to a church moulded by a pagan priest who embraced everything wrong and even down to killing people who refused to be indoctrinated..
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by bayelsaowei(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

Church lied? and you guys suddenly know the truth.??

Like seriously

grin

oh yes .. they lied.. and even killed people who refused to ingest the lie.. remember ??
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

Ode! Where did Jesus or the apostles approved ring for you to be used in weddings??

grin
Mumu where did Jesus or the apostles approved Shirt and Trouser for you has cloth? didirin
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:14am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
who told you i have never celebrated xmas.. ,??.. i once was immersed in it.. [s]but as a person open to facts and history I decided to dump the fraudulent celebration.. it's all fraud[/s].. how does Santa claus relate to our lord and saviour Jesus?? Think of that and realize you're still thinking like a child who just wants to eat sweet and chewing gum..

I bet you will soon change your religion completely. Because somebody just need to come and tell you that Christianity as a whole is fraud. And I'm sure you will believe.

Dumbass! cheesy
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:15am On Dec 25, 2018
Elnino4ladies:

Oya sharpaly quote the verse that says ''Celebrate Christmas on December 25th because it is the birthday of your Lord Jesus Christ" mumu
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

I bet you will soon change your religion completely. Because somebody just need to come and tell you that Christianity as a whole is fraud. And I'm sure you will believe.

Dumbass! cheesy

So you don't know yet? undecided grin
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:20am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

I'm not a Catholic. It's not only Catholic that celebrate Christmas. All reasonable Christians do. cool
And all Reasonable Christian do knew that Jesus never Prophesied anything about His Birthday right?
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:20am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

Oya sharpaly quote the verse that says ''Celebrate Christmas on December 25th because it is the birthday of your Lord Jesus Christ" mumu

hahahaha..... All these children self. cheesy
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by oloyede90(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2018
Are you a Christian because u were born into it or because u read and believe its the way? With your write up, u are making us believe u met ur fathers celebrating Christmas ,that's why you have to celebrate. U didn't give us any concrete evidence from d scripture u believe in that Christmas should be celebrated.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:23am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

And all Reasonable Christian do knew that Jesus never Prophesied anything about His Birthday right?

Oga I'm going out to celebrate my Lord Jesus... I will come back later to see your ranting here grin
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Alexis11: 9:24am On Dec 25, 2018
oloyede90:
Are you a Christian because u were born into it or because u read and believe its the way? With your write up, u are making us believe u met ur fathers celebrating Christmas ,that's why you have to celebrate. U didn't give us any concrete evidence from d scripture u believe in that Christmas should be celebrated.

No part also said it should not be celebrated. cool
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:27am On Dec 25, 2018
oloyede90:
Abi o i am just fed up with these false celebration that even Jesus never mentioned it in the scripture any where, Just sorry for the Chickens
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by omohdesmond(m): 9:28am On Dec 25, 2018
For me oo Merry Christmas Nairaland family
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:28am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

Oga I'm going out to celebrate my Lord Jesus... I will come back later to see your ranting here grin
As in you want to go and Light up Bangers? wink A substitute to AK 47 grin
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:31am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
number one lie.. we can go through history together and discuss this..

Let us assume you're correct where in the catholic bible is xmas even mentioned?? Oya let's start from there before we go into the other issue..

I report to Jesus and not to a church moulded by a pagan priest who embraced everything wrong and even down to killing people who refused to be indoctrinated..

From my first post, your question is answered already.
Christmas means CHRIST + MASS ie Mass for christ. Whichis done even in the bible multiple times.(Acts: 20:7 Acts 2:46; 2:42wink

If you Are you still looking for Christmas get your english dictionary.

Which church did you mould,lets know if they are better, so I can join you there.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

Christmas means CHRIST + MASS ie Mass for christ. Whichis done even in the bible multiple times.(Acts: 20:7 Acts 2:46; 2:42wink

If you Are you still looking for Christmas get your english dictionary
Hey see Junks of Combination.... Abeg waka comot
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

Hey see Junks of Combination.... Abeg waka comot

Please do not run, you have the evidence you are looking for backed up by the bible you believe in.

Do yo not believe the bible again?
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ItsTime4me(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
when anybody puts on rings who attributes it to Jesus ??..olodo..

The ring you are wearing did you tag Jesus to it??

We are talking about a celebration that concerns Jesus and you're shifting the goal post to a metal worn to beautify our fingers..

Come and prove Jesus told any freaking person to celebrate his birth.. the other things Jesus commanded should be done has been abandoned by fake Christian's like you.. it is the one that doesn't concern him and that will bring self pleasure to you that you cling to..
If you continue to argue with this guy, you would be wasting your precious time. I am sorry to say that the guy has a very low IQ. I wonder how old he is. I don't argue with toddlers.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

Which church did you mould,lets know if they are better, so I can join you there.

oya show us where it is written here as "They are celebrating Jesus Birthday" don't confuse people with these propaganda

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:

Even the moslems cerebrate it and are happy we have Christmas.
But when we start talking about history, the oldest surviving institution have a say on the topic.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

Please do not run, you have the evidence you are looking for backed up by the bible you believe in.

Do yo not believe the bible again?
No i don't believe in the bible that do not verse out Christmas as a celebration of Jesus Christ. simple, just show me the Bible verse that mention the word Christmas in it and Truthfully i will believe that Bible
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by bayelsaowei(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

Acts 2:46
Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts

Acts 20:7
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.

Mr man how does this tie into December 25th, Santa clause , and all the attachments to xmas.. ??

If these scriptures are the basis for xmas then you must be smoking something cheap.. cool cool.. Christians gathering to break bread everyday is now christ mass?? Rubbish
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Etuagievin(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2018
IntrovertedK:
Well, in as much as we know the evil done to christianity, like the way it was heavily corrupted by the Italians i think we should also take our time once a while to Thank God for if not them maybe christianity would have died even before it was born.. That story for another year.

Now back to the christmas and pagan story.. It was true that it was recorded that 17th to 25th december in the olden days used to be days set aside for the pagans to celebrate their god of agriculture or so god whose name is surltan or something like that.

We don't know which day Jesus Christ was born, Jesus never celebrate any birthday while here on earth neither did his disciples did. Buh see why you should celebrate this christmas as a christian.

This date was purposely choosen by the then roman empire in other to abolish the pagan celebration, instead of celebrating a god during this time then let's organize a celebration for our Jesus instead so we can celebrate him rather than celebrating the pagan god which will help abolish the pagans celebration at the long run and it was a success, so every 25th instead of pagans celebrating their god, we took the day from them and lift our saviour over their god and celebrate Him instead, it's that simple.

Typical example are people from the traditional belief background, when you are chanced to meet Jesus and you wish to resist the day your family do worship whatever they belive in, you might choose this very day to worship God and lift our saviour instead of you joining them, and you'd be surprised that as time goes by, this very day would surely be turn around someday as your family might end up accepting Jesus through you and this day becoming a yearly festival in which your family would choose to worship God just like the way you were doing before they joined you in serving God..

That's the origin of Christmas, so as a christian won't you rather exalt and praise God while appreciating Jesus on such day making sure the gods worshipper are put to shame? Once the celebration is from your heart and it's unto God, you can never miss road.
. Your reasons are not tenable . you don't add to what does not exist in the bible. Was Christ a small boy not to celebrate his own birthday if he deems it necessary? Even if he forgot to do so , at the point of his death he would have informed his apostles to observe his birth as they do for his death. Saying that a group of people agreed to fix it on 25th is not even valid, since birthday celebration right from origin is unchristian. Let's not merge Christianity with paganism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Share Our Testimonies / An Admonition For Young People / Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.