Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian (7510 Views)

CAN Says Nigerians Should Celebrate Easter With Fasting, Prayer / Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

oya show us where it is written here as "They are celebrating Jesus Birthday" don't confuse people with these propaganda

I clearly answered that question with bible backing.

I mentioned english dictionary because birthday is english and christmas is not english, but with a good english dictionary, I think my answer need no further explanation.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:53am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

Even the moslems cerebrate it and are happy we have Christmas.
But when we start talking about history, the oldest surviving institution have a say.
don't deceive yourself Muslims don't believe in shit like that, they see the day as a normal day and month nothing special. They just eat your food like any other day lol grin. or have you ever heard of A Muslim Leader talks about it on the Media? or Announce it out for the Muslims to Celebrate Christmas. Ignorant is a true disease

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Etuagievin(m): 9:56am On Dec 25, 2018
Alexis11:
It is normal for a person of other religions to be salty because of Christmas especially because of the way it was being celebrated in the past. The whole world literarily stand still for Christmas. This is enough to cause envy. For example, an Islamic writer once write on "what is special about Christmas season?" grin

But what is funny to me is when I see some confused Christians and Jehovah false witnesses fighting tooth and nail against CHRISTmas. cheesy
Whats there to be envious about. Something that's not scriptural? A lot of people will get a clearer picture of this stuff as time unfolds

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 9:57am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

I clearly answered that question with bible backing.

I mentioned english dictionary because birthday is english and christmas
is not english
, but with a good english dictionary, I think my answer need no further explanation.
Me ayam not understanding this mutumua anymore.... COOOOOOURTH!!! I rest my Case!!!
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:

Acts 2:46
Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts

Acts 20:7
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.

Mr man how does this tie into December 25th, Santa clause , and all the attachments to xmas.. ??

If these scriptures are the basis for xmas then you must be smoking something cheap.. cool cool.. Christians gathering to break bread everyday is now christ mass?? Rubbish

They are all ChristMas or are they devillMas
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 10:01am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

Me ayam not understanding this mutumua anymore.... COOOOOOURTH!!! I rest my Case!!!

You can chicken out my dear
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

They are all ChristMas or are they devillMas
\
smh i am truly sorry for you...
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

don't deceive yourself Muslims don't believe in shit like that, they see the day as a normal day and month nothing special. They just eat your food like any other day lol grin. or have you ever heard of A Muslim Leader talks about it on the Media? or Announce it out for the Muslims to Celebrate Christmas. Ignorant is a true disease

My moslem brothers cerebrate it better than I do.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

You can chicken out my dear
lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 10:05am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:
\
smh i am truly sorry for you...

Have a merry christmas and a friutful new year ahead.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by ZTEN(m): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2018
Kamxin:

My moslem brothers cerebrate it better than I do.
quantinueeee, those are not your brothers if truly they are moslem. be sincere to yoursef as in talk true you don buy chicken for your pastor abi? wink
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Kamxin(m): 10:11am On Dec 25, 2018
ZTEN:

quantinueeee, those are not your brothers if truly they are moslem. be sincere to yoursef as in talk true you don buy chicken for your pastor abi? wink

I out-do most of them during sallah cerebration. My dear life is fun!
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by AleAirHub(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2018
Trash and rubbish copy and paste post. undecided
Op can you validate any Bible verse were Christmas celebration was mentioned.
I'm Christian and I don't believe on anything that is not backing with Bible verse. cool
Kamxin:
First of all MERRY CHRISTMAS to all .

If I don't cerebrate the Lord's birthday, how sure am I that I will live long enough to see mine, talk more of cerebrating it.

I expectation a complement of rice and chicken everywhere I go today, please don't disappoint God.

EXCERPT FROM UBENEDICTUS POST ON TODAY'S CEREBRATION

Now ask yourself: Would the Blessed Virgin Mary ever forget the birth of her Son Jesus Christ who was conceived without human seed, proclaimed by angels, born in a miraculous way, and visited by Magi? She knew from the moment of His incarnation in her stainless womb that He wasthe Son of God and Messiah. Would she ever forgetthat day?Next, ask yourself: Would the Apostles be interested in hearing Mary tell the story?Of course they would. Do you think the holy Apostle who wrote, “And the Word was made flesh,” was not interested in the minute details of His birth? Even when we walk aroundwith our kids son, people always ask “Howold is he?” or “When was he born?”Don’t you think people asked thisquestion of Mary?So the exact birth date (December 25) and the time (midnight) would have been known in the first century.Moreover, the Apostles would have asked about it and would have, no doubt, commemorated the blessed event that both Saint Matthew and Saint Luke chronicle for us. In summary, it is completely reasonable to state that the early Christians both knew and commemorated the birth of Christ.Their source would have been His Immaculate Mother.Further testimony reveals that theChurch Fathers claimed December 25 as the Birthday of Christ prior to the conversion of Constantine and the Roman Empire. The earliest record of this is that Pope Saint Telesphorus (reigned A.D. 126-137) instituted the tradition ofMidnight Mass on ChristmasEve. Although the Liber Pontificalis does not give us the date of Christmas, it assumes that the Pope was already celebrating Christmas and that a Mass atmidnight was added. During this time, we also read the following words of Theophilus (A.D. 115-181), Catholic bishop of Caesarea in Palestine: “We ought to celebrate the birthday of OurLord on what day soever the 25th of December shall happen.”[vi]Shortly thereafter in the second century, Saint Hippolytus (A.D. 170-240) wrote in passing that the birth of Christ occurredon December 25:"The First Advent of our Lord in the flesh occurred when He was born in Bethlehem, was December 25th, a Wednesday, while Augustus was in his forty-second year, which is five thousand and five hundred years from Adam. He suffered in the thirty-third year, March 25th, Friday, the eighteenthyear of Tiberius Caesar, while Rufus and Roubellion were Consuls.Also note in the quote above the special significance of March 25, which marks the death of Christ (March 25 was assumed to corresponded to the Hebrew month Nisan 14 – the traditionaldate of crucifixion). Christ, as theperfect man, was believed to have been conceived and died on the same day— March 25. In his Chronicon, Saint Hippolytus states that the earth was created on March 25, 5500 B.C. Thus,March 25 was identified by the Church Fathers as the Creation date of the universe, as the date of the Annunciation and Incarnation of Christ, and also as the date of the Death ofChrist our Savior.In the Syrian Church, March 25 or the Feast of the Annunciation was seen as one of the most important feasts of the entire year. It denoted the day that God took up his abode in the womb of the Virgin. In fact, if the Annunciationand Good Friday came into conflict on the calendar, the Annunciation trumped it, so important was the day in Syrian tradition. It goes without saying that the Syrian Church preserved some of the most ancient Christian traditions and had a sweet and profound devotion for the Incarnation of Christ.Now then, March 25 was enshrined in the early Christian tradition, and from this date it is easy to discern the date of Christ’s birth. March 25 (Christ conceivedby the Holy Ghost) plus nine months brings us to December 25 (the birth of Christ at Bethlehem).Saint Augustine confirms this tradition of March 25 as the Messianic conception and December 25 as His birth:"For Christ is believed to have been conceived on the 25th ofMarch, upon which day also he suffered; so the womb of the Virgin, in which he was conceived, where no one of mortals was begotten, corresponds to the new grave in which he was buried, wherein was never man laid, neither before him nor since. But he was born, according to tradition, upon December the 25th."

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/2060260/yes-christ-really-born-december?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5166558126

Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Jerryembassy91(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2018
You dont understand d true context of the chapter u quoted
zenith4biz:
Colossians 2:16

New International Version

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

New Living Translation

So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 25, 2018
that i s sensible wink
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by writeprof(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2018
sotall:
The begging question should be " Is it righteous to celebrate Christmas?"

The obvious answer is No

Throughout the Bible, none of God's children celebrated their birthday. There are only two records of birthday celebration in the Bible and it was done by unbelievers. In one of the scenario, John the Baptist (a righteous man) was beheaded.

Christians should think deep and ask for God's guidance

God has spoken to people through the Holy Spirit to confirm that celebrating birthdays is not WRONG. As a child of God one's celebration is expected to be made up of Gratitude & Thanksgiving to God and used as an opportunity to expand God's kingdom. Let's not use Unbelievers actions & atttitudes to question the genuineness of Godly things. The devil will always use his agents-humans inclusive- to want to rubbish Godly things.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by writeprof(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2018
God has spoken to people through the Holy Spirit to confirm that celebrating birthdays is not WRONG. As a child of God one's celebration is expected to be made up of Gratitude & Thanksgiving to God and used as an opportunity to expand God's kingdom. Let's not use Unbelievers actions & atttitudes to question the genuineness of Godly things. The devil will always use his agents-humans inclusive- to want to rubbish Godly things.
The date is immaterial. The essence is what is most important: JESUS CHRIST IS BORN TO RESTORE MAN'S RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND HE ACCEPTED THE SACRIFICE.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by sotall(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2018
writeprof:

"To question the genuineness of godly things"

How is the birthday celebration a Godly thing?

"God has spoken through the holy Spirit to people about birthday"
Another trash you wrote up there. So the holy Spirit didn't speak to the apostles to celebrate birthdays during Bible times. None of them wrote about celebrating their birthday or that of Jesus.
Remember a sin against the holy Spirit can't be forgiven.

In other words , stop lying especially against the holy Spirit.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by writeprof(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2018
sotall:

"To question the genuineness of godly things"

How is the birthday celebration a Godly thing?

"God has spoken through the holy Spirit to people about birthday"
Another trash you wrote up there. So the holy Spirit didn't speak to the apostles to celebrate birthdays during Bible times. None of them wrote about celebrating their birthday or that of Jesus.
Remember a sin against the holy Spirit can't be forgiven.

In other words , stop lying especially against the holy Spirit.

There is a place for personal and close walk with God for every individuals. The fact that the disciples or Jesus did not celebrate birthdays does not in any way make it a sin sir! If this thing is bothering so much, and you have a relationship with God/Jesus, then ask the Holy Spirit to tell you the truth, stop using your natural mind to say/judge things of Godly nature. Shalom!
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by sotall(m): 12:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
writeprof:

There is a place for personal and close walk with God for every individuals. The fact that the disciples or Jesus did not celebrate birthdays does not in any way make it a sin sir! If this thing is bothering so much, and you have a relationship with God/Jesus, then ask the Holy Spirit to tell you the truth, stop using your natural mind to say/judge things of Godly nature. Shalom!
Oga stop mentioning the holy Spirit if you don't have proofs of what you are saying.

There is only one book to guide your lifestyle as a Christian, which is the Bible. By the time you go out of the Bible and start adding your own knowledge, just know satan is already using your brain.

From Genesis to Revelation, there were hundreds of prophets. There were thousands of children of God yet no record they celebrated birthday even when it is recorded in the Bible that unbelievers actually celebrated birthdays in those times.
If you were alive in Bible days, I guess you will be in the birthday party where John the Baptist's head was cut off.

You will be there with the unbelievers wining and dining saying it's not a sin
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by writeprof(m): 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2018
sotall:

Oga stop mentioning the holy Spirit if you don't have proofs of what you are saying.

There is only one book to guide your lifestyle as a Christian, which is the Bible. By the time you go out of the Bible and start adding your own knowledge, just know satan is already using your brain.

From Genesis to Revelation, there were hundreds of prophets. There were thousands of children of God yet no record they celebrated birthday even when it is recorded in the Bible that unbelievers actually celebrated birthdays in those times.
If you were alive in Bible days, I guess you will be in the birthday party where John the Baptist's head was cut off.

You will be there with the unbelievers wining and dining saying it's not a sin

You need to go and read your bible very well again. Without the Holy Spirit you're not a follower of Jesus Christ. It's not about following the bible as a legal book, this the Jews also do which Jesus clearly exposed as deception. Read Acts very well. Without the baptism and empowerment of the Holy Spirit, your christianity is WORK/DRUDGERY/FOLLOWING OF LAWS. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will teach you all things- open your understanding to see the inspirations behind the printed words.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
in all this hogwash no scriptural backing .. just folk tales with endless words.. if the apostles commemorated christs birth as you assert from your copied link kindly point it in the bible and stop this dribbling.. why is it so hard to just prove from the scriptures Jesus approved his birth celebration and that his apostles did same.. where is Santa clause in the scriptures??.. where is that date in the Jewish calendar that corresponds with our modern day calendar to bolster the basis for xmas celebration.. ??
Jesus approved his birth celebration because the bible tells us that angels came down to earth just to celebrate that birth, if the celebration of the birth is wrong why where the angels celebrating it?

The Bible doesn't record all things, do you know if Jesus pooed? No, but we can assume he did because he was a man like us in all things. Did the apostles celebrate easter? It is not written in the Bible but the writings of the early Christians are instructive that it is an ancient celebration from the apostles so too Christmas, in fact from as early as the year 150 we know in writing that Christian who were themselves taught by the apostles were celebrating it. So I have all the certainty I need.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2018
bayelsaowei:
who told you i have never celebrated xmas.. ,??.. i once was immersed in it.. but as a person open to facts and history I decided to dump the fraudulent celebration.. it's all fraud.. how does Santa claus relate to our lord and saviour Jesus?? Think of that and realize you're still thinking like a child who just wants to eat sweet and chewing gum..
Santa Claus is a abrevation of Santa Nicklaus or Nickolas, he was a Christian bishop of modern day Turkey and was instrumental in freeing slaves and providing generously but secretly for the poor, he is commemorated on my December 6 that is where the idea of giving gifts around December comes from.
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
Elnino4ladies:

Was Jesus born on December 25th simple Yes/No
yes.

://www.nairaland.com/2060260/yes-christ-really-born-december
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
Good for you.. I prefer celebrating his death,because his death made us have hope and it is more symbolic...
how did he die if he was not born?
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by bayelsaowei(m): 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Santa Claus is a abrevation of Santa Nicklaus or Nickolas, he was a Christian bishop of modern day Turkey and was instrumental in freeing slaves and providing generously but secretly for the poor, he is commemorated on my December 6 that is where the idea of giving gifts around December comes from.
how does that connect to Jesus if I may ask ??.. can we find that guy in the scriptures
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by bayelsaowei(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ubenedictus:
Jesus approved his birth celebration because the bible tells us that angels came down to earth just to celebrate that birth, if the celebration of the birth is wrong why where the angels celebrating it?

The Bible doesn't record all things, do you know if Jesus pooed? No, but we can assume he did because he was a man like us in all things. Did the apostles celebrate easter? It is not written in the Bible but the writings of the early Christians are instructive that it is an ancient celebration from the apostles so too Christmas, in fact from as early as the year 150 we know in writing that Christian who were themselves taught by the apostles were celebrating it. So I have all the certainty I need.
approved??.how does the Angel's being happy for the birth of christ attest to xmas approval.. ok kindly tell the forum if that birth was commemorated yearly by the same Angel's and if it happened during dec 25th.. so a one off joyous moment now turned into a yearly commemoration , Please find another basis for xmas my freind..
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by charlsecy(m): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
I will only celebrate Christmas if it is biblical
Is it Biblical to own a phone?
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by Ubenedictus(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2018
bayelsaowei:
who or what is the catholic church?. Is the church Jesus ??
it is the church established by Jesus and his apostles
Re: Why You Should Celebrate Christmas As A Christian by oloyede90(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2018
Then what is d meaning of religion
Alexis11:

No part also said it should not be celebrated. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Admonition For Young People / @speech #speech Speech* Hindi Diwas Speech For School / Basic Biblical Truth You Need To Know About Tithe Or Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.