Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 (29216 Views)

Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2019
PrecisionFx:

So u mean Jesus was collecting every Israelites first salary every year ?
Where did I say so?
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 9:15am On Jan 01, 2019
babeosisi:

No.The church won't take care of me.or anyone like they took care of them back then
The poor are more important to me than building wealth and buildings and maintaining jets
The apostles of old believed so too

So we read in Acts

All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

You are obviously in the wrong church which has scammed you into foolishness. grin

Find a Baptist Church and abandon all these Pentecostal churches who are the ones that have abused the gospel.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by babeosisi: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You are obviously in the wrong church which has scammed you into foolishness. grin

Find a Baptist Church and abandon all these Pentecostal churches who are the ones that have abused the gospel.

Who is your daddy?

Don't let Oyedepoites, Oyakhilomeans and Adeboyeans catch you
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by BotafogoJunior(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Your firstfruits/tithe is different from giving. Free will offerings is giving but firstfruits/tithes is paying. You pay because it is a debt you power God. That's why he said you are robbing him. It's the second thing as paying house rent. You can't say you have free will to your landlord. No, you paid it cos you owed it
which yama yama you come dey yarn for mouth.say we go pay God to stay on earth and you come dey use illustration of your landlord alBHAGDADI,you can never and will never be intelligent.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 01, 2019
Nosaghae:

Proverbs 3:9
Honor the LORD from your wealth And from the first of all your produce;

Exodus 34:26
"You shall bring the very first of the first fruits of your soil into the house of the LORD your God. "You shall not boil a young goat in its mother's milk."
Where did Jesus Christ teach this please? I need to know this cause it's very important. A lot of practices about the old testament are horrible and Christ came to change all that when he died for us.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Kusetic(m): 9:27am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

God cares about that same heart that can't support his business? You have no love for God in your heart that's why you feel comfortable giving dirty N100 to him.

Now you are admitting that Church is a business, at least the one you attend. Good to know

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by postemail: 10:05am On Jan 01, 2019
In my perspective, I think there have been efforts at aggrandizement by many church owners in Nigeria using the bible which is really not fair on the people. And the most painful aspect of all is these wealthy church owners are not really giving back to the people.

If all these church owners with wealthy establishment have free clinics / hospital in the areas they operate, life would be a lot easier for those earning minimum wages or insufficient incomes.

The old Anglican and Catholic Churchs opened many free missionary schools and hospitals in rural Africa. They were very helpful, and they didn't demand so much offerings from the people. Although there were misgivings about western missionary in Africa, but the fact remains that they helped.

I have benefitted from free hospitals run by Catholic Church in Asan. Late Pastor lee had a soup kitchen and shelter for many undocumented workers.

The feeling I get from the churches here in Nigeria is that they just want your money, not caring about your welfare.

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Where did I say so?

Re-read ur post
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by castro316: 10:30am On Jan 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Is the ten commandments still effective till now?
Is it part of the law?
Was it abandoned?

Bros you haven't answered my questionn. You guys don't know that the ten commandments were just 10 out of the 729 laws issued to the isrealites. To follow are you still under the law?

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 01, 2019
castro316:

Bros you haven't answered my questionn. You guys don't know that the ten commandments were just 10 out of the 729 laws issued to the isrealites. To follow are you still under the law?
You still beating around the bush why not answer simple question
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by castro316: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

You still beating around the bush why not answer simple question

But I asked you a question first na. Your answers will give you the answer you ask of me
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by abbeyty(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2019
So how do you survive the month after giving your first salary of the year to the church?is either you are a theief or mentally unstable. Another question, who the pastors give their own first fruit to ? Wake up guys

3 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Zoroaster: 10:41am On Jan 01, 2019
Some people love their chains

1 Like

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Your firstfruits/tithe is different from giving. Free will offerings is giving but firstfruits/tithes is paying. You pay because it is a debt you power God. That's why he said you are robbing him. It's the second thing as paying house rent. You can't say you have free will to your landlord. No, you paid it cos you owed it
God never said you owe him. A Christian owes God?! Our new covenant is not based on what we can do but what God has done. We can only but respond in Love. Give freely. have you not wondered why the Disciples never practiced tithings and first fruits if it was that grievous as owing God? In fact, Malachi was talking about the priests. Christianity is not Judaism. There's only one Thing you owe God. Believe on His Son. Jesus is the total law of God. Be led by the spirit and you become a Son of God. Try to be open to more study. Please. Christianity is Christ centered. if after Christ's death, we still owe God tithe and first fruit, then His death is so useless and the new convenant becomes a Joke. We can give, pay tithe or your supposed first fruit, but its not as a law but a personal conviction of the spirit. God bless us with understanding.

2 Likes

Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by abbeyty(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2019
lunaticfringe:
Do not say what you dont know op. Giving is an act of tapping blessings from God. I pray you experience Lords blessings as you give. if not for giving nobody will be calling Abraham father of all nations. Enough said.

Giving to your overfed pastor? Abraham gave to those that in needs during his time not those who had more than enough.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 01, 2019
castro316:

But I asked you a question first na. Your answers will give you the answer you ask of me
I ask first but reply by asking question.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by sirjoe1124(m): 10:59am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Which job did Jesus, Peter John, James and the rest do? They didn't collect anything yet Judas was their treasurer.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 9 explained why he chose to get a job and fend for himself. He in nope wise slam those apostles who were full time workers in the church.
Pater,John and James were fishermen..... Jesus was a carpenter; in every union there must be a purse from the contributions of its members e.g NASU, SSANU, rotary club etc and there must be a treasurer to account for the monies...
It was not clear in the scripture that Peter and John lived off the church because the church was constantly persecuted making its members scatter abroad, at DAT time the apostles didn't stay hungry.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Habeyy(m): 11:06am On Jan 01, 2019
smiley wink

Qudos bro...just what I wanted to state
Boss13:
Sometimes I wonder what blessings people who give to pastors are really seeking. What I have come to realize is that many Nigerians like to buy their way out of things. They want to buy God’s Grace with material wealth (laughs). They want to seek Favour from God via bribing pastors.

Money is for this earth (material world). It has no significance to spiritual things. It cannot get you into heaven, even your pastor too. If you must give, then do so because you want your pastor to keep looking good. However, if you think you’re doing it to seek God’s Grace - then you are getting it wrong.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Onyi22(f): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Mumuism is allowed, God blesses me and I don't even go to any church. I pray inside my crib.

Mumuism is allowed. Keep paying, maga must pay grin
If I no pay, watin I gain?
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 11:32am On Jan 01, 2019
don4real18:

Point of correction- you were never under the law. You are a Nigerian and not an Isrealite

We are Israelites. Spiritual Israelite if ever you've heard that before.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 11:32am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

you contradict yourself. You muddled Solon and Mosaic law as what Jesus came to establish, yet you say we are no longer under them. Confusion for you

Typical Nigerian.... They hardly read.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by TruthHurts100: 11:35am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Which job did Jesus, Peter John, James and the rest do? They didn't collect anything yet Judas was their treasurer.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 9 explained why he chose to get a job and fend for himself. He in nope wise slam those apostles who were full time workers in the church.

Show me where dey collected firstfruits and tithe sir.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by JSMB: 11:36am On Jan 01, 2019
babeosisi:

Thanks for making our point that first fruit is neither money nor first month's salary.
So far not even you has been able to dispute that
Hopefully those who have been deceived in previous years by thieving pastors will receive biblical sense

Proverbs 3:9,10
9. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits OF ALL THY INCREASE.

10. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

Firstfruit of your increase means the first part of any increase you obtain. Might be the first salary on a job, or the first salary after a promotion to another level. For Hannah, it was her first born Samuel.
What you believe is what returns to you as a testimony. You don't have to believe in it but you also do not need to attack those who do. It is optional just as tithing is. Giving firstfruit or giving tithes is not a requirement to enter heaven SALVATION is.
Having said that, giving of any kind is a kingdom mystery and a mystery cannot be explained in a lay man's term because it is a MYSTERY!
Nobody has become richer by holding on to what he has but rather by "scattering" what he has got.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Evercurious(f): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Who has paid January salary to you. Liar.

Which happy new year, with empty stomach hahahahaha?

Agent of false pastors. grin grin grin grin

Listen to what i wrote.. I VE PAID MINE IN ADVANCE.. GOD HAS AND LL NEVER UNDERPAY NOR DISSAPPOINT ME.. I VE TESTED HIM AND HE HAS BEEN AND LL STILL REMAIN FAITHFUL...

EOD
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Evercurious(f): 11:51am On Jan 01, 2019
solomon201:

Another one spotted. Already transferred yours? paying before earning yea? scammer

Yea cos i trust GOD... Go get what works for you and follow.. FIRST FRUIT HAS BEEN WORKING FOR ME AND I WONT FORFEIT IT... HENCE MY ADVANCE PAYMENT...
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nosaghae(m): 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
Lippy101:

Here is the closest answer to what the OP asked.
.The question now is how many of us are wealthy. Bear in mind, if you have some money doesn't mean you are wealthy.
Take note that it is not just from your wealth but also from all your produce so you don't have to be wealthy b4 u can pay your first fruit.
Mean while no one is forcing anyone to pay first fruit, its a matter of what you believe.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nosaghae(m): 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
grossintel:
Where did Jesus Christ teach this please? I need to know this cause it's very important. A lot of practices about the old testament are horrible and Christ came to change all that when he died for us.
Jesus did not come to change the law but to fulfill it.
Hear His statement in Matthew 5:17
New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
TruthHurts100:

Show me where dey collected firstfruits and tithe sir.

It is not everything Jesus and his disciples did that were recorded.

John 21:25
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by rman: 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI is playing the devils advocate and I am surprised others did not figure him out
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nosaghae(m): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Old testament? Hahahahahaha there's a part in old testament where we are asked to stone adulterous women to death, should we follow that too?

Show us where Jesus or his disciples preached or collect first fruit or even tithe, stop quoting Jewish practice.

We are Christians not Jews.

Thief
Jesus did not come to abolish the old testament but to fulfill it.
Matthew 5:17

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

I am not a thief , I pay my first fruit .
What you believe in is what works for you.
If you don't believe in first fruit no one will force you to pay but respect the decision of those that believe in it
After all it is not your first fruit neither is it your money.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If the Baptist church teaches it's members to pay in 100% of their January Salary as first fruit jarvest, then they are as bad as Pentecostal churches n they have also scammed u into foolishness.
Re: First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 by alBHAGDADI: 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
PrecisionFx:

If the Baptist church teaches it's members to pay in 100% of their January Salary as first fruit jarvest, then they are as bad as Pentecostal churches n they have also scammed u into foolishness.

Which Baptist Church teaches such?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God / Why You Feel Remorseful After Certain Sexual Activities / RCCG To Feed 2 Million Nigerians Every Sunday - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.