Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

Frustrating Moment With 9ja Drivers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Frustrating Moment With 9ja Drivers (317 Views)

Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence / SOLD Few Months 9ja Used Mercedes Benz S550 4matic N9m (2) (3) (4)

Frustrating Moment With 9ja Drivers by Olujoe1(m): 7:30am On Dec 26, 2018
Being in Nigeria anything can frustrate you, from the least of all things to the more important things of life, below I shared the little experiences I've had so far with 9ja drivers.

Our stransport system is not the best yet giving us the best of experiences anyone can live with for ages, talking about different attitudes and reaction of drivers/conductors (known as 'agbero') in our day to day contact with them would live many with awe why such unruling behaviours could still be richly found among old and young people whose occupation is commercial driving at this part of the world. This kind of job put huge pay on the table for anyone who is doing it, but fawar people realise this either because of the low life many of the commercial drivers are living even with the exorbitant amount of pay they earn at the end of each day. Hundreds of cars travel across the road everyday, while commercial vehicle remain a large proportion of all, either in your own car or you are on board with them, they might at a point savor you with a scenario, if you are not involve, is mostly sweet to watch but if you found yourself in it, it could be messy and embarrassing, most of them doesn't take things easy while a large proportion find pleasure in inducing negative statements either on themselves or a passenger they clashed with. Clashes are borne out of many things, some could be irritating and unbearable to passengers upon their reaction, rancor and most time exchange of unpleasant words are the results.
Some of the things that causes disagreement could be the reaction of the driver to a question from a passenger and this would lead to shout.
Some drivers would drop their passengers to another driver against bargain.
Some knwo nothing about coutsey, they smoke while driving in the car with passengers not considering an ashmatic patience could be in their vehicle.
This one is common among those that goes on a distance journey, they would always want to add an additional passenger if need may be while they persuade you with a token.
If you are in haste you can easily get irritated with this, without prior info you will realise the driver is heading to filling station, some could go more times than expected.
The issue of change can make you stranded even with your money in your hand, I've found myself on the road for hours because of change, only to see a car coming and I entered without talking about change, on getting to the destination, it was a sence full of glare, one at a time ran a way with my change.

Share your experiences with 9ja drivers or agbero

Corolla 06 For Hire Purchase / Urgently Needed!!! / Clean Naija Used 1996 Honda Civic For Sale (400K Negotiable)