Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:46 PM

Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded (1526 Views)

Must Read, Stay Safer Out There / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by marshalnosa(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2018
Good morning all,

I want to share my experience with you guys on how I was defrauded by a staff in Union Bank Ikpoba Hill Agbor Road Benin city branch.

My brother sent me money on the 21st Dec, 2018 via RIA money transfer and it was on Friday and so couldn't make it to the bank to cash out.

I went to Union bank to receive my money hence they're the the only bank available that support RIA at the location.

I entered the banking hall at about 09:30 hrs on 24th Dec, and track the transaction around 09:45 hrs inside the banking hall. Meanwhile, the money was still available for pick up.

After that, I requested for the form and the lady at the counter asked if I have an account with them and I said NO and then requested for my BVN, Order number and Pin which I wrote on the form given to me as instructed.

As at this time it was already 10:00hrs and she called me quietly and told me that the money has been received. I told her it was a lie and she insisted that there's nothing she can do about it.

I requested to see the manager and was told he's not on sit and a guy who's standing for him was in the same line with the lady and not ready to investigate my complaint.

My questions are;

Who received the money without identification?

Which loaction was the money received?

Why was the money available for pickup when tracked inside the banking hall as at 09:45 hrs and paid as at 10:00hrs that same day?

This is how I just got scammed by Union Bank for my own money.

Re: Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by sholatech(m): 10:31am On Dec 26, 2018
There is so much fraud undertaken by these bank tellers.
Re: Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by Fhowe: 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
Op you have nothing to worry about , just contact the sender ,the sender should report a case of beneficiary did not receive the money yet the transaction has been paid out . Ria will contact which ever bank the money was paid out and request for the form and identification used by receiver ,failure to prove this two things ria will charge it against the account of the bank that paid it out and in turn the sender will be refunded . But if the bank that paid out provides the form filled and identification used then this will be given to the sender ,then in turn you can file a police report and they request a cctv footage of the said date and time the money was picked up just leave the rest to the police the truth will come out then to see if the tellers are working hand in hand with these fraudsters but if that is not the case the account number used to reference the transaction will be traced and the culprits will still be caught it takes a week or so to get this done if you are willing to do a follow up

1 Like

Re: Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by ColdIce: 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2018
u just dey talk like say na yankee he dey
ria this
ria that.
when police bill u 200k for investigation and all. u go lock up. it simple the ast 15mins was used to commit the crime after he handd over the form to the teller.
so teller goes to one corner..texts or calls her partner in crime at another location.mand gbam within 5mims he is in a bank at another spot to cash out at a ria outlet. i believe he has an insider. so based on hw much he must tip the insider at ria outlet and also the teller. point of contact..teller sends signal to hacker and gbam its picked up. use btc only
Fhowe:
Op you have nothing to worry about , just contact the sender ,the sender should report a case of beneficiary did not receive the money yet the transaction has been paid out . Ria will contact which ever bank the money was paid out and request for the form and identification used by receiver ,failure to prove this two things ria will charge it against the account of the bank that paid it out and in turn the sender will be refunded . But if the bank that paid out provides the form filled and identification used then this will be given to the sender ,then in turn you can file a police report and they request a cctv footage of the said date and time the money was picked up just leave the rest to the police the truth will come out then to see if the tellers are working hand in hand with these fraudsters but if that is not the case the account number used to reference the transaction will be traced and the culprits will still be caught it takes a week or so to get this done if you are willing to do a follow up
Re: Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by Fhowe: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
ColdIce:
u just dey talk like say na yankee he dey
ria this
ria that.
when police bill u 200k for investigation and all. u go lock up. it simple the ast 15mins was used to commit the crime after he handd over the form to the teller.
so teller goes to one corner..texts or calls her partner in crime at another location.mand gbam within 5mims he is in a bank at another spot to cash out at a ria outlet. i believe he has an insider. so based on hw much he must tip the insider at ria outlet and also the teller. point of contact..teller sends signal to hacker and gbam its picked up. use btc only
what are you saying ? We all know how it went down .Mind you the teller might not even be a party to this ,I have seen cases where another customer is the perpetrator those that come to you at the banking hall and pretend they want to borrow your pen they steal the transaction code and that is it . Now am advising from the technical aspect the sender is obviously not in Nigeria and in other countries you don’t have to pay police to do their job ,it might not even get to the police part ria alone will solve this cause they have rules and regulations their agent outlet must follow and failure to abide by this rules the agent bears the loss that comes up cause ria will send an email to the head office of the bank ,and the head office in turn will do their internal investigations and most times they know what went down by looking at cctv footages if their teller is at fault they refund ria and deduct from salary of their staff and if their staff is not involved in the whole incident the account used to reference is flagged and most times the owner of the account is arrested and asked to pay the said amount .So it has nothing to do with the receiver the sender does all the police complaint and all .Unless it is proceeds of fraud the receiver might not want to tell the sender what happened but if it is not proceed of fraud I advice the op to inform the sender and see how they get refunded tops one week
Re: Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by marshalnosa(m): 2:25am On Dec 27, 2018
Fhowe:
what are you saying ? We all know how it went down .Mind you the teller might not even be a party to this ,I have seen cases where another customer is the perpetrator those that come to you at the banking hall and pretend they want to borrow your pen they steal the transaction code and that is it . Now am advising from the technical aspect the sender is obviously not in Nigeria and in other countries you don’t have to pay police to do their job ,it might not even get to the police part ria alone will solve this cause they have rules and regulations their agent outlet must follow and failure to abide by this rules the agent bears the loss that comes up cause ria will send an email to the head office of the bank ,and the head office in turn will do their internal investigations and most times they know what went down by looking at cctv footages if their teller is at fault they refund ria and deduct from salary of their staff and if their staff is not involved in the whole incident the account used to reference is flagged and most times the owner of the account is arrested and asked to pay the said amount .So it has nothing to do with the receiver the sender does all the police complaint and all .Unless it is proceeds of fraud the receiver might not want to tell the sender what happened but if it is not proceed of fraud I advice the op to inform the sender and see how they get refunded tops one week

The sender has been informed but she's not in town. Actually the lady was thinking the money was fraudulent money because she acted funny when she saw the sender's name. I don't want to go into details with her about the sender cos she asked if I am dating the sender and not knowing she's my uncle's wife.

Thou RIA have been contacted and waiting for their response.
Re: Must Read: Stay Away From Union Bank Scam To Avoid Being Defrauded by Fhowe: 6:01pm On Dec 27, 2018
marshalnosa:

The sender has been informed but she's not in town. Actually the lady was thinking the money was fraudulent money because she acted funny when she saw the sender's name. I don't want to go into details with her about the sender cos she asked if I am dating the sender and not knowing she's my uncle's wife.

Thou RIA have been contacted and waiting for their response.
good ria will take care of it you as the receiver just do a follow up

(1) (Reply)

Same Guy That Killed Hamburger Spotted With Tinubu / Juju And All Diabolical Claims Are Fake / George Floyd: The New Barabbas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.