Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,638 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha (2285 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Working With Criminals To Extort Money From My Company / Ghanaian Police Officer Caught On Camera Negotiating A Bribe With Criminals / Photos Of The Man Killed At Onitsha Main Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 9:51am On Dec 27, 2018
What seems to be a season of celebration has suddenly become my worst encounter with criminals.

On this fateful day, 24th December I boarded a bus from Lagos to Onitsha. After long hours of travel I finally arrived onitsha at around 7:15pm. I alighted at Lagos park and proceed to my destination, As I made to cross over to the other part of the road where I can get a bus going to my location.

As I made it over to the next road and was walking very fast, I noticed like 5 boys coming after me, so I moved faster and just before I could flag down a KEKE driver another group of guys rounded me before I could say Jack they have started disposing me of my belongings.

At the spot I was robbed of my 2 phones and just about 15k I was having with me. As this was happening people were passing, nobody came to know what is happening with me. As they were searching my bag they saw my 2 bank ATM's. Two of them started manhandling me asking for my ATM pin, I became too frightened and I gave them the pin so they can leave me alone. As that is not enough they asked me to follow them to the ATM so they can confirm if the pin is actually correct. One of them suggested they held me in captivity while they go to the nearest ATM stand.

After roughly 1 hour with them they finally Fred me after I have been disposed of all my belongings. They withdrew all my money in my bank account and left me hopeless. As at then I can no longer continue with my journey cos I'm totally down and scared I was shivering.

This happens to be my worst encounter with criminals. I want to ask,,, What is the government of Anambra state doing over the activities of this criminals in that upper iweka. The crime rate in that area is significantly on the increase.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by iko123: 9:58am On Dec 27, 2018
Sorry for your loss. Thank God you are still alive. You will recover all.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by socialmediaman: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2018
This is a heartbreaking story.

Security is an absolute mess and government is so hopeless. I could begin to recount my experience too but this isn’t about me, it’s about how useless our systems are in Nigeria. Truth is, one should not be allowed to withdraw more than 10 - 20K from the ATM daily, businesses including transport should ALL be using electronic or online payment systems. I know many do in ABJ and cities like Lagos, but we’re still in an absolute mess with ICT deployment and we do have ministers and commissioners handling this sector

From lack of customer service, to lack of care, to inefficiency, to lack of security, our security systems are a mess, they encourage situations like this to happen.

At times frustrating, but inefficiency also costs us lots of money. We lose lots of money in Nigeria to the rest of the competing world due to our poor service delivery, that’s why Nigeria is a very poor country.

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 27, 2018
Sorry for your loss.

You could have told them to wait.

While you sing Christmas songs for them.

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2018
Sorry dear
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by globemoney: 10:13am On Dec 27, 2018
Sorry, you can report immediately to your bank to get their photos since they used the ATM. Were they armed?
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2018
globemoney:
Sorry, you can report immediately to your bank to get their photos since they used the ATM. Were they armed?

Exactly
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2018
iko123:
Sorry for your loss. Thank God you are still alive. You will recover all.

Thanks
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2018
People are desperately composing all manner of fake stories to attract sympathy so that someone could ask them to send their account number. This is what is reigning now on NL
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2018
globemoney:

I was at the bank this morning to report the incidence. I was shocked when they told me there was no footage as the camera on the ATM wasn't working.

They were armed. Some were with very sharp machetes and two of them was having a pistol gun with them.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Lekan111(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2018
So sorry for your loss
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Sorry for your loss.

You could have told them to wait.
While you sing Christmas songs for them.
Lol, Thanks.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2018
basilo10I:
People are desperately composing all manner of fake stories to attract sympathy so that someone could ask them to send their account number. This is what is reigning now on NL

That's insensitive to say! Wait until you become a victim you will know how it feels.

5 Likes

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by lindseykibler(m): 10:25am On Dec 27, 2018
Onitsha is a no go area ooh. On 21st of this month My Samsung phones and atm card was taken from me at that same upper Iweka but I blocked the atm that same day ooh. I thank God my iPhone Dey with me ooh. How they removed the phone and my atm card from my jeans trouser pocket is still baffling me. Lagos is learning ��

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2018
Please we have seen these stuff several times on NL. You guys should stop this nonsense. The other day, another guy sent me a DM telling me that he was stuck at Lokoja that i should send him 5k to make up his money meanwhile the same guy was tracked on GPS to his location in Akwaibom State.

Cecediva:

That's insensitive to say! Wait until you become a victim you will know how it feels.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2018
To prove you are genuine, send ya bank let me give to my cousin at CBN now to check all the withdrawals done in your account since 24th

Or take ya matter to the police station, because NL is not where people make complaints.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 10:35am On Dec 27, 2018
basilo10I:
Please we have seen these stuff several times on NL. You guys should stop this nonsense. The other day, another guy sent me a DM tell me that he was stuck at Lokoja that i should send her 5k to make up his money meanwhile the same guy was tracked on GPS to his location in Akwaibom State.

You disgust me! Please don't ever quote me again.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by OneCorner: 10:36am On Dec 27, 2018
Afonjas won’t go to there bush.
They will still come and steal from successful Igbo men in there land
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2018
Please get lost with ya fake stories you scribbled just to get people's sympathy to that sending you money. NL has been invaded by fraudsters using different tricks.

Cecediva:

You disgust me! Please don't ever quote me again.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 10:38am On Dec 27, 2018
lindseykibler:
Onitsha is a no go area ooh. On 21st of this month My Samsung phones and atm card was taken from me at that same upper Iweka but I blocked the atm that same day ooh. I thank God my iPhone Dey with me ooh. How they removed the phone and my atm card from my jeans trouser pocket is still baffling me. Lagos is learning ��

Onitsha is turning to another jungle. Police check point everywhere yet crime is on the increase on that area. Upper iweka is no longer safe again. People should be extremely careful
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Homeboiy: 10:41am On Dec 27, 2018
Sorry for your lost

You will count it as an experience

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:41am On Dec 27, 2018
Two of them started manhandling me asking for my ATM pin, I became too frightened and I gave them the pin so they can leave me alone. As that is not enough they asked me to follow them to the ATM so they can confirm if the pin is actually correct. One of them suggested they held me in captivity while they go to the nearest ATM stand.

Just look at what the fraudster wrote, so it was only you and the thieves were in the city when all these was going on. Imagine what someone wrote and wanted people to believe his lies. LOL

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by iko123: 10:45am On Dec 27, 2018
She just narrated an ugly experience, the least you can do is to say sorry. She hasn't asked for your kobo .why are we so heartless in this country? This is why most accident victims hardly survive because nobody cares if you are dying or not but will be happy to snap and upload your pictures on social media. I wept for this country.

3 Likes

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:50am On Dec 27, 2018
His story didn't just add up. Let him begin with uploading his debit alerts of 24th to prove his point. Some people have turned NL to scamming ground. He didn't expressly ask for money but he is indirectly using this story to whip up sympathy that could move people to donate to him. We have severally seen this type of fraud on NL

iko123:
She just narrated an ugly experience, the least you can do is to say sorry. She hasn't asked for your kobo .why are we so heartless in this country? This is why most accident victims hardly survive because nobody cares if you are dying or not but will be happy to snap and upload your pictures on social media. I wept for this country.
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by basilo10I: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2018
Upload ya debit alerts of 24th which will correspond with the time you stated. That's another simple way of proving ya self. Fraudsters
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Ezeego1(m): 11:10am On Dec 27, 2018
Cecediva:

What seems to be a season of celebration has suddenly become my worst encounter with criminals.

On this fateful day, 24th December I boarded a bus from Lagos to Onitsha. After long hours of travel I finally arrived onitsha at around 7:15pm. I alighted at Lagos park and proceed to my destination, As I made to cross over to the other part of the road where I can get a bus going to my location.

As I made it over to the next road and was walking very fast, I noticed like 5 boys coming after me, so I moved faster and just before I could flag down a KEKE driver another group of guys rounded me before I could say Jack they have started disposing me of my belongings.

At the spot I was robbed of my 2 phones and just about 15k I was having with me. As this was happening people were passing, nobody came to know what is happening with me. As they were searching my bag they saw my 2 bank ATM's. Two of them started manhandling me asking for my ATM pin, I became too frightened and I gave them the pin so they can leave me alone. As that is not enough they asked me to follow them to the ATM so they can confirm if the pin is actually correct. One of them suggested they held me in captivity while they go to the nearest ATM stand.

After roughly 1 hour with them they finally Fred me after I have been disposed of all my belongings. They withdrew all my money in my bank account and left me hopeless. As at then I can no longer continue with my journey cos I'm totally down and scared I was shivering.

This happens to be my worst encounter with criminals. I want to ask,,, What is the government of Anambra state doing over the activities of this criminals in that upper iweka. The crime rate in that area is significantly on the increase.
sorry for your loss sis

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Ezeego1(m): 11:15am On Dec 27, 2018
basilo10I:
Two of them started manhandling me asking for my ATM pin, I became too frightened and I gave them the pin so they can leave me alone. As that is not enough they asked me to follow them to the ATM so they can confirm if the pin is actually correct. One of them suggested they held me in captivity while they go to the nearest ATM stand.

Just look at what the fraudster wrote, so it was only you and the thieves were in the city when all these was going on. Imagine what someone wrote and want people to believe his lies. LOL
basilo10I:
His story didn't just add up. Let him begin with uploading his debit alerts of 24th to prove his point. Some people have turned NL to scamming ground. He didn't expressly ask for money but he indirectly using this story to whip up sympathy that could move people to donate to him. We have severally seen this type of fraud on NL

basilo10I:

basilo10I:
Upload ya debits alerts of 24th which will correspond with the time you stated. That's another simple way of proving ya self. Fraudsters
basilo10I:

Young man why are u taking this too personal? Leave the girl alone she didn't ask you for help. See as u dey carry the matter for head like gala

3 Likes

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ezeego1:
sorry for your loss sis
Thanks, please ignore that frustrated being littering my thread.

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Ezeego1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2018
Cecediva:

Thanks, please ignore that frustrated being littering my thread.

Lmao! Ok dear. I guess you both has crossed path before here on nairaland
Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ezeego1:

Lmao! Ok dear. I guess you both has crossed path before here on nairaland
I can't remember relating with the fool. I don't even know the idiot to start with.

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Ezeego1(m): 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Cecediva:
I can't remember relating with the fool. I don't even know the idiot to start with.
It's ok dear. Don't stress yourself much over that. Hope they didn't inflict any injury on you?

1 Like

Re: My 24th Night Experience With Criminals At Onitsha by Cecediva(f): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ezeego1:

It's ok dear. Don't stress yourself much over that. Hope they didn't inflict any injury on you?

I wasn't injured actually. I was only terrified at that moment.

Thanks for your concern by the way!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Man Brutally Murdered By Cultist In Rivers (graphic Photos) / Why I Poisoned My Ex, His Fiancee N Their Family Dog Before Wedding - Girlfriend / Slay Queen Caught 4 The 3rd Time, Beaten And Burn To Death For Doing Fake Alert.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.