Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,988 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe (19248 Views)

Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss / World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match / Paul Pogba Is Demanding £500,000 A Week In Order To Stay At Man United (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by Anelkanu2: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
In my opinion, we should pay more attention to startups that have come to make intra-African trade easier. emall.ng

GisthoodBlog:
Pundit Phil Neville has praised Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba as the best in Europe on his day.

The 25-year-old took his goals tally to seven with a Brace against Huddersfield at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

Pogba has returned to form since the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as manager.

Former Coach Jose Mourinho fell out with Pogba in his last 12 months at the club and left him out of his final game as manager against Liverpool.

However, MySportDab report Neville believes there's nobody better than Pogba in his position when he's on form.

Speaking on the Boxing Day edition of Match of the Day, Neville said: "You play for Man United and you talk of freedom of expression, exciting football, go out there and score goals, attacking football, play with a smile on your face and it starts with the manager.

"Ole (Gunnar Solskjaer) over the last couple of games has been really happy, saying the right things.

"They had the best player on the pitch and probably the best midfielder in Europe on his day in Paul Pogba who hashad a disappointing, horrendous last 18 months at the club because of the fall-out with the manager.

"It looked like the shackles were off today playing with that freedom of expression, anything is possible type attitude, playing with arrogance. The passing was back to his best.

"Look, he is the best player at the club when he is at his best and with performances like this. He should be a 12-15 goal a season person – he hasn’t been that in his career so far but he can be."

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/12/phil-neville-paul-pogba-is-best-in.html

cc: Lalasticlala,

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
he's not even the best in manchester
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by danielzoro: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2018
Starboytwo:
Off course only a mumu who doesn't know football or a hater would disagree....

He's got power
He can dribble
He shoots well
He passes good
Long passes A1
He SCORES
He ASSISTS
Set pieces( not bad)
Oh and he marks well.....

And if he is not good,he would not be the STAR MAN @MANCHESTER UNITED...
You won't spend 4 years playing alongside PIRLO and winning the scudetto 4 times if you are mediocre..and
You won't be a WORLD CUP WINNER and one of the first names in the FRENCH national team roster if you are not that Good....

Oh and before I forget,his 89 million is one of the highest ever in football.....

A lot of people will attack is hair, showboating and blah blah,we are all wired differently and no be everybody go be responsible like mbappe....

I can only mention debruyne...or you tell me one mildfieder that put in so much defensively and same offensive...

Modified
If you are going to criticize,kindly mention those midfielders ahead of him and not just some "he is not among the blah blah blah....as I have said before only Kevin debruyne I rank alongside him....I said alongside him and not above him.....and because he can still do better....that boy is damn good...y'all need to forget about his flashy lifestyle and actually watch him play good football....see the quality of his short and especially long passes...he can take on more than one man...he is strong...he is on both ends of the field,he shields the ball very well and he is unlikely to be bullied off the ball.....when he was having problem earlier the season ,I just laugh when I see rumours about pogba leaving...you mean Woodward would sell pogba?,I think Barca would have a higher chance of selling Messi than pogba leave United....that's my best player and skippo,forget mouhrinho mumuness....
am happy to have united fan like bro.... go to hell united haters

1 Like

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by VcStunner(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Starboytwo:

He's got power
He can dribble
He shoots well
He passes good
Long passes A1
He SCORES
He ASSISTS
Set pieces( not bad)

You won't spend 4 years playing alongside PIRLO and winning the scudetto 4 times if you are mediocre..and
You won't be a WORLD CUP WINNER and one of the first names in the FRENCH national team roster if you are not that Good....

Oh and before I forget,his 89 million is one of the highest ever in football.....

A lot of people will attack is hair, showboating and blah blah,we are all wired differently and no be everybody go be responsible like mbappe....

I can only mention debruyne...or you tell me one mildfieder that put in so much defensively and same offensive...

Modified
If you are going to criticize,kindly mention those midfielders ahead of him and not just some "he is not among the blah blah blah....as I have said before only Kevin debruyne I rank alongside him....I said alongside him and not above him.....and because he can still do better....that boy is damn good...y'all need to forget about his flashy lifestyle and actually watch him play good football....see the quality of his short and especially long passes...he can take on more than one man...he is strong...he is on both ends of the field,he shields the ball very well and he is unlikely to be bullied off the ball.....when he was having problem earlier the season ,I just laugh when I see rumours about pogba leaving...you mean Woodward would sell pogba?,I think Barca would have a higher chance of selling Messi than pogba leave United....that's my best player and skippo,forget mouhrinho mumuness....
I think so far u are one of the few that really appreciate that young G's talent! Boy is so good

1 Like

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by Uduakuduakobong(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
ElRapido:
You are a bastard.
Just lik u n ur Father, I suppose!
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by vislabraye(m): 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2018
EnterprizeRK:
Huh angry ?

He is better than Debruyne, ? Silver ? Needless to mention Moddriç ?
Mtcheeew

Maybe they are attackers. .
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by shogsman(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
tony5:
I Got No Beef With Anyone,let's Factor Out Phil Neville's Comment,we All Know Pogba Is A Good Player And Can Turn A Game Around For His Team,he Did It Last Season Again Man City, He Did It At The World And Was Part Of The Team That Won The World Cup Scoring Goal As A Midfielder, Little Wonder Barca Is Still After Him. Pogba Can Be Rated Along Side The Legendary Midfielders In The World Today,don't Argue, Prove Yourself With Facts

You have spoken with bias, pogba is an average player, don't abuse the word 'LEGENDARY '
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by ifiokjohn(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
notoriousbabe:
Na true

Without make up I'm still looking great
With your Olympus has fallen or what?

kai, boys are wicked. your boyfriend has finished you!
infact you are a Finished product".
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by jelel6: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
patrickmuf:
Comprehension is a big problem here. He only said when Pogba plays to his potential then he is just about the best in the league and world, there's a clause there that explicitly qualifies him to be the best but no, you guys are already misrepresenting his line of thought.

The clause is almost impossible to consider. Used as a smokescreen to tell us absolute rubbish.

Why don't you remind us when Pogba has actually played to his full potential?
There are a lot of players with the potential to be the best. In England, I can name ten midfielders who are playing better than Pogba, and I can name 5 midfielders who are better players than Pogba. Potential or not,
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by patrickmuf(m): 7:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
jelel6:

The clause is almost impossible to consider. Used as a smokescreen to tell us absolute rubbish.

Why don't you remind us when Pogba has actually played to his full potential?
There are a lot of players with the potential to be the best. In England, I can name ten midfielders who are playing better than Pogba, and I can name 5 midfielders who are better players than Pogba. Potential or not,
Name them please, let me oblige you for once.
For potential, see the world cup...nuff said.
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by chiboy1116: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
This one don finally take that weed wey him guy give am
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by chiboy1116: 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
Starboytwo:

He's got power
He can dribble
He shoots well
He passes good
Long passes A1
He SCORES
He ASSISTS
Set pieces( not bad)

Modified
oga shut up, stop yammering , pogba isn't even good defensively , show me his defensive stats . U de use sentiments , David Silva, kdb,modric,kross(on his day), thiago , busi, kante , them many sef , pogba is a good player but he's overrated , he hasn't done shit. This Neville na victim of too much weed , one good game and pogba is the best thing that happened since sliced bread and Bluetooth. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by sureteeboy(m): 9:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
Starboytwo:

He's got power
He can dribble
He shoots well
He passes good
Long passes A1
He SCORES
He ASSISTS
Set pieces( not bad)

Modified

God Bless you Bro. I just don't understand why people are just so biased against that guy. He's a million miles ahead any other midfielder in that United team, yet he's the most criticized. Compare his past season stats on whoscored.com with those of the glorified midfielders these guys are mentioning here and you'd be surprised
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by Johnpaul01: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
nairaman66:
Pogba best midfielder in Europe with average performances!!

We have seen the likes of iniesta, scholes, rui costa, kaka, zidane, etc and know what a good midfielder is..
Even messi would struggle in mourinho's Manchester united team, or which of united signings has performed well since Sir Alex Ferguson left
Pogba at juventus was in the FIFA team of the year

2 Likes

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by sureteeboy(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
chiboy1116:
oga shut up, stop yammering , pogba isn't even good defensively , show me his defensive stats . U de use sentiments , David Silva, kdb,modric,kross(on his day), thiago , busi, kante , them many sef , pogba is a good player but he's overrated , he hasn't done shit. This Neville na victim of too much weed , one good game and pogba is the best thing that happened since sliced bread and Bluetooth. Rubbish.
You thought football is played with names? visit whoscored.com (One of the best statistics websites in Europe) and compare individual player stats of those you're mentioning with Pogba and you'll be shocked with the outcome. I seriously don't understand the bias against Pogba. You thought most of those players you've mentioned have faired any better?
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by encryptjay(m): 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2018
They've started again grin
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by chiboy1116: 10:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
sureteeboy:

You thought football is played with names? visit whoscored.com (One of the best statistics websites in Europe) and compare individual player stats of those you're mentioning with Pogba and you'll be shocked with the outcome. I seriously don't understand the bias against Pogba. You thought most of those players you've mentioned have faired any better?
pogba is overrated , stats doesn't tell the truth most times , kdb is far better than him , Silva, modric,kross, rakitic,busi,pjanic, kante, them many .
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by Agboola2much(m): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2018
patrickmuf:
Comprehension is a big problem here. He only said when Pogba plays to his potential then he is just about the best in the league and world, there's a clause there that explicitly qualifies him to be the best but no, you guys are already misrepresenting his line of thought.
Well said man! Some people just like to misinterpret situations sometimes..

1 Like

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by tony5(m): 11:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
shogsman:

You have spoken with bias, pogba is an average player, don't abuse the word 'LEGENDARY '
It's An Opinion Coupled With Some Facts
Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by toprealman: 5:41am On Dec 28, 2018
Kante shebi you hear wetin this one open mouth de talk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe by breadtom: 6:23am On Dec 28, 2018
Please click the subscribe button while viewing to be notified for more videos.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBPOS8MqCZ7TIKr2n7eGS2w

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man City Overtakes Man United As Most Valuable Premier League Club / Precious Orji Celebrates Her Birthday With Her Husband And Friends (Photos) / Russia Vs Saudi Arabia: World Cup - 5 - 0 (Highlight Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.