Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos (58084 Views)

Policeman At A Checkpoint In Ekiti Asks Driver To "Pay" Him Via Bank Transfer / Soldier Slaps Policeman At Sokoto UBA ATM / A Soldier In Uniform Beaten By A Policeman In Mufti At ATM In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by CastedDude: 1:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
An Air Force Officer identified as Val Monfort Sixtus was shot dead by police Sergeant on Wednesday, 26th December in Calabar, Cross River State.

It was scooped that the incident happened at Unity Bank ATM Stand along Marian Road, Calabar, few hours to the Carnival Calabar Cultural Parade.

The Air force personnel died after being shot at by the police sergeant.

According to statement issued and signed by the Nigeria Air Force, NAF Special Mobility Group, Calabar on the 26th December, 2018, the shot Airman remains have been taken to the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, UCTH.

The Cross River Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo said; “The Police Officer that was posted to the bank as point of duty was sitting down when all of a sudden he heard some noise from the ATM Machine Stand. So, his duty as a Police Officer was to go there and find out what was really happening. When he got there, he was trying to interfere and he was like what is happening here? All of a sudden, the whole crowd attacked him, so, he released a bullet which went straight to an Air Force Officer.

“Although, he didn’t know because they were not on uniform – they were all on mufti. They actually attacked him, they slapped the Policeman first before he released the bullet, but it’s under control.

“The Airman died at the point, but the Commander and the Commissioner of Police were able to bring down the situation,” DSP Ugbo said.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/young-air-force-officer-killed-by-policeman-at-atm-in-calabar.html

1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by JasonScoolari: 1:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Thank God it's not our very own Nairaland baby daddy, "Airforce01"

May his soul rest peacefully. Police matter don tire me to debate.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by ozo13(m): 1:18pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hmmm.it is well
Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2018
Yes.

Armed Forces members carry themselves like though immune from the effects of bullets.

Another one bites the dust.

Simple, explanation or reasoning would have kept this he-goat alive.

But no! Force. Force. Force.

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Larryfest(m): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hmmm....may we not be wrapped up with 2018.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
Expect a reprisal on Police formations.

Tomorrow is one bad day to be a Police man.

12 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by fran6co(m): 1:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
This country tire me eeeh, reckless police men every were I no fit mistake to argue wit any of them cuz most of the time they ar under the influence of alcoholic contents

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by 26carat(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
The police is making us doubt this story. How can people just mob a fully armed police officer. What kind of training did he get that informed him to shot at unarmed people. This excuse is lame and the action is reckless.the police should pay for damages. Simple

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by celwonder(m): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
26carat:
The police is making us doubt this story. How can people just mob a fully armed police officer. What kind of training did he get that informed him to shot at unarmed people. This excuse is lame and the action is reckless.the police should pay for damages. Simple

obviously u haven't seen the way military personnel acts arrogantly senseless esp to other non-military but uniform security body. I am not supporting such killings but I think Nigerian military has to be sensitized that in Democracy, military are powerless inside a country where there's no war

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by techking: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Lonestar124: 2:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
There is a spirit behind a gun and it has been controlling the carriers on very occasion....You can't struggle with a man that hold a gun he has no defensive capability at that moment than only his gun.

Even if you want overpower him, firstly dispossessed his gun in a smart way, Trying to intimidate or harass him especially when the snubbers are more than one will give him the go ahead shoot the gun maybe in the cloud and toward his attackers just to despise them away.

May the deceased soul rest in peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by seangy4konji: 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2018
He has gone ooo

Naija for you. People just deh die anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Haymaykar(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2018
That police man is gone too....stupid people

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by BruncleZuma: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
This is the product of extended military rule...arming the police and given them a larger than life power-tripping psychotropics in the form of assault rifles.

2 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by nairaman66(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
Product of a failed state!!

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by MrAnele(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nigeria...

I remember when i was a kid, then we dey complain say Nigerian police no get gun. Say na batton dem dey carry... Even our comedians then had a field day with our police men.. Dem use naija police crack jokes wella based on say their guns no dey carry bullet. Now wey government don give all guns with excess bullet we still dey complain..

MEANWHILE.. Nigerian police force are professionals at releasing dumb statements... Asin just take a look at the below
CastedDude:

The Cross River Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Irene Ugbo said; “The Police Officer that was posted to the bank as point of duty was sitting down when all of a sudden he heard some noise from the ATM Machine Stand. So, his duty as a Police Officer was to go there and find out what was really happening. When he got there, he was trying to interfere and he was like what is happening here? All of a sudden, the whole crowd attacked him, so, he released a bullet which went straight to an Air Force Officer.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by victorazyvictor(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
What kind of name is this Monfort....Sixfus.

Be careful the name you bear:
Morn..fort on 2Six

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by shakaranews: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
The police PRO excuses doesn't add up at all. God forbid! Nigeria police though!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Offpoint: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
Do you know who I am and I will waste you and nothing will happen is what transpired between them.

9 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Triangles1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
From Lagos to Abuja along Jeba road, the soldier on duty has to attach one of their colleague going to Abuja to join me at front seat made for only one passenger, as our driver can't say no who am I to say no, this man make life unbearable for me till we enter Abj. Force men should respect fundamental right of individual not to imposed order bcs they're force men. I'm not supporting the police man. RIP to the deceased.

11 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
TarOrfeek:

Yes.

Armed Forces members carry themselves like though immune from the effects of bullets.

Another one bites the dust.

Simple, explanation or reasoning would have kept this he-goat alive.

But no! Force. Force. Force.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by obaataaokpaewu: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
DSP Irene Ugbo will make a good Jimoh Moshood in the future. As in, look at her statement. He went there and they started beating him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by davillian(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nigerian police are so useless and stupid and I wonder if they undergo training.
That's how one idiot pointed gun at me while asking me questions.
I sha told him to point the gun down before I can answer him before people go hear accidental discharge.
Rule number one do not point a gun at anything you don't intend to kill/destroy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by aku626(m): 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
The story from the police doesn’t add up. Not that I was expecting it to.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
They probably wanted to dispossess the Mopol on guard of his weapon.

3 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Adeyeancah(m): 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
Which kind style the policeman take use to asked the crowd wetin dey happen for here for them to attack him straight up? Hmmm! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Jonadull: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
_____

1 Like

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Thank God it's not our very own Nairaland baby daddy, "Airforce01"

May his soul rest peacefully. Police matter don tire me to debate.
Shallow mind,,, what made him special than the victim

2 Likes

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by newsnjobs(m): 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
CastedDude:
An Air Force Officer identified as Val Monfort Sixtus was shot dead by police Sergeant on Wednesday, 26th December in Calabar, Cross River State.

It was scooped that the incident happened at Unity Bank ATM Stand along Marian Road, Calabar, few hours to the Carnival Calabar Cultural Parade.

The Air force personnel died after being shot at by the police sergeant.

According to statement issued and signed by the Nigeria Air Force, NAF Special Mobility Group, Calabar on the 26th December, 2018, the shot Airman remains have been taken to the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, UCTH.

“Although, he didn’t know because they were not on uniform – they were all on mufti. They actually attacked him, they slapped the Policeman first before he released the bullet, but it’s under control.

“The Airman died at the point, but the Commander and the Commissioner of Police were able to bring down the situation,” DSP Ugbo said.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/young-air-force-officer-killed-by-policeman-at-atm-in-calabar.html

@bold, really sound suspicious.

Somebody need to tell the truth of what actually happened.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by Centcanada: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2018
See as common korofo just kill this handsome man. If I talk am say Nigerian don expire, people go talk say I day cause them or I be Ipob. I just smell only pride here sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos by otokx(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
A dead man is a dead man, the average Nigerian is frustrated beyond reason.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidinma Ojukwu Arrives Court Today Looking All Fresh (Photos) / "Why I Slit My Boyfriend's Neck" – Mother Of 2 Confesses (Disturbing Photos) / 1,000 Chinese Scammers Arrested Inside A House In Malaysia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.