Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. (34723 Views)

Aremu Akinlagun Docked For Attempting To Kill Woman Over ₦8 Million Land / Ogun Hoodlum Beats, Rapes 27-Year-Old Woman Over Greeting ‘offence' / Traditional Ruler Assaults Woman Over Palm Fruits In Abia. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by WILLIAMSKECH: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
A 43-year-old guest, Donnie Egbuzie, on Thursday appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court for allegedly inflicting injuries on a woman, over her son’s refusal to greet him.

Egbuzie, a resident of Baruwa, Ipaja, Lagos, is being tried on a count charge of assault. The accused committed the offence on Dec.11, at Ipaja, according to the Prosecutor, Insp. Akeem Raji. He said that the accused assaulted Mrs Jennifer Chibueze by beating her up and inflicting injuries on her. Raji said that the accused, who came to visit one of Chibueze’s neighbours, called her son a bastard, for failing to greet him.

“The eight-year-old boy cried to his mother and told her that theaccused called him a bastard. “The complainant (Chibueze) followed him to where the accused was, to know why he called him a bastard. “The accused told her that he called her son a bastard because he lacked respect by not greeting him. “When the complainant warned him never to call her son a bastard, he descended on her through beating and dragged her on the ground,” Raji submitted.

The prosecutor said that the accused was arrested following a report by the complainant. Assault contravenes Section 173 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised) which prescribes three years’ imprisonment on conviction. Egbuzie, however, pleaded not guilty, and the Magistrate, Mrs Jadesola Ajayi, granted him N50, 000 bail with two sureties in like sum. Ajayi said that the sureties should be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government (LASG).

She adjourned further hearing in the matter until Feb. 6, 2019 .

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/guest-allegedly-beats-up-woman-over-sons-failure-to-greet/

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by theunnamed: 2:42pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lol, nothing we wi no see in this life

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by WILLIAMSKECH: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
theunnamed:
Lol, nothing we wi no see in this life
Na how I take see am ooo.

20 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by BIDOO(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2018
Some Issue Will Get Out Of Hand Before Realizing Your Mistake. The Defendant Must Have Realise Now.

11 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by dominique(f): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
Frustrated people everywhere. Go and collect greeting from your prison mates.

199 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by kamahondy: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kk
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by unoppose: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
Many are mad, few are on d street.

7 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Sirheny007(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
If they carry out psychiatric tests on all Nigerians they will discover that only a very few are okay.

Last time a well known and largely respected Pastor was violent towards a woman on TV because she said the wrong thing.

With the heat, hardship, traffic and bad news everywhere without proper mental health intervention, Laslas all of us don kolo for Naija.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by braveboy64(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
over sabi
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by thesicilian: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
Africans and greetings. he sure got what he deserves.

6 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by faceland: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
If everyone can act like this guest, home-training would return to this country. grin

If he wasn't a bastard, he would go to his FATHER but I guess he doesn't know who is father is.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by TreasuredGlory: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
End time's guest

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by africandictator(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Now the reverse is the case. The bastard should serve some time away from civil beings

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Pavore9: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Only God knows how he beats his wife at home if he was this bold!

7 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Madukaele(m): 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Yoruba LAND and greetings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Neddyogu(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
Abbeyme:
They must be Yorubas. I got dissappointed. No food for abrupt name checkers.

No time to waste respect on a non-respecter
Na wa for u oo
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lol cheesy.
Can this happen in Europe or America?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
will greeting add value to his life Nigerians and I senior you mentality is getting out of hand. This exactly why I hate travelling to village, you will greet till your month start paining you

33 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
Mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by jrusky(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
Without reading the post I know the Mike Tyson respect seeking old fool will come from my tribe no doubt about it because they are the one looking for respect where they don't kept one and easily used the word bastard or abomination in everything.

Let him go to jail simple as that.

4 Likes

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by martineverest(m): 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
stupidity everywhere
Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by davodyguy: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
Madukaele:
Yoruba has the best form of culture when it comes to greetings and respect for elders.

The other Mrs Osinbanjo knelt down to greet Buhari. Till tomorrow, my wife would have both knees on the ground to greet my mum.

Ask the idiot that beat her up if he bows to greet his father or extends a handshake to him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Lordofthewest(m): 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
I wonder why some people can't take time to read before commenting like idiots even when it's clearly stated. "A 43-year-old guest, Donnie Egbuzie, on Thursday appeared before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court for allegedly inflicting injuries on a woman, over her son’s refusal to greet him."

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Madukaele:

The fact that you have a flat head doesn't mean you should not be able to use it to think. That matter concerns you Igbos, don't drag Yorubas into your matter.

If you like, use flying kick to wake up your father and heavy knocks to wake up your mother, e no concern me.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. by Righteousness89(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Demonic Spirits possessing people anyhow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Pastor & His Daughter Stab Nurse To Death In Imo / 10-Year-Old Boy Tortured By His Parents In Rivers For Taking Food (Graphic) / Nigerian Man Charged After A Strangled Lady Was Found In His Bedroom In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.