Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire (6234 Views)

'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Wears Igwe Attire (Photos) / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 27, 2018
grin my stomach

Mynd44 lalasticlalsa

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
The article is vague.

No concrete anthropological evidence to support the argument.

The discussion is almost irrelevant. Any coastal dwelling tribe could use beads.

In short.....

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by jafol(m): 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ive been wondering why they feature edo outfit on igbo women on Instagram. Wetin Igbos no dey steal. They know they dont have culture or dressing even agbada dem dey copy am and yoruba women's asoebi n gele. They r inferior n they know it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
Like I said before we Igbos are confused,we have no history that's why we claim people that are superior than ours

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by dunkem21(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2018
TarOrfeek:

The article is vague.

No concrete anthropological evidence to support the argument.

The discussion is almost irrelevant. Any coastal dwelling tribe could use beads.

In short.....

oga stfu, we Igbos original attires are plant leaves.

Why are we ashamed of our history?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nothing bad in borrowing culture from your neighbours. You can borrow our isiagu for your men since their seem to be no distinct edo male attire.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
jafol:
Ive been wondering why they feature edo outfit on igbo women on Instagram. Wetin Igbos no dey steal. They know they dont have culture or dressing even agbada dem dey copy am and yoruba women's asoebi n gele. They r inferior n they know it
The most unique dressing out of Africa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
I understand why igbanke or anioma or Igbo In Onitsha wear it because they are originally Edo.

But I don't understand why Igbo from Enugu or Anambra doing it.

Slave mentality

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

can never compete with Yoruba agbada

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2018
Igbobyblood:
oga stfu, we Igbos original attires are plant leaves.

Why are we ashamed of our history?
Lol. Igbo dressing is the most unique.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
can never compete with Yoruba agbada

Yoruba does not own agbada. Agbada originted gtom Senegal and popular throughout West Africa. The isiagu is unique to only igbos

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Eledan: 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

They wear this once in 4 years when they need your votes grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

Lol. Igbo dressing is the most unique.
grin which unique?

Let's analyse that female attire for example.

That hairstyle is an Edo brand called okuku.

Everyone know the hairstyle and beads around the neck belongs to the Edo.

It's so shameful and pitiful seeing how Igbos throw away their original own and pick the Edo.

That's why Benin, esan, afemai either Christian or Muslim all have the same traditional attire.

Are Igbos indirectly saying they are from Edo?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

Yoruba does not own agbada. Agbada originted gtom Senegal and popular throughout West Africa. The isiagu is unique to only igbos
yeah yeah I don't even like it seff.

Can your isiegu beat this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Eledan: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

Na igbo dey manufacture am? It’s actually for covering chairs and other upholstery works

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by deboysben(m): 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
jafol:

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by haladadon: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
the real igbo attire

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
jafol:

Inferior
Even your thought process is inferior. Yorubas borrowed agbada , ichafu means gele in Yoruba. Asoebi is an irrelevant practice. I hate when people dress uniformly at weddings. A lot of the words Yorubas use today are borrowed from Hausa. You are ignorant

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
grin just go to bellanaijawedding page on Instagram for example..

40% of the dresses are Edo attire even Yoruba are letting go of their own , smh.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
I understand why igbanke or anioma or Igbo In Onitsha wear it because they are originally Edo.

But I don't understand why Igbo from Enugu or Anambra doing it.

Slave mentality
"Original edo" on igbo cap. Which mentality is this?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Guestlander: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

The isiagu is just a buba made from some upholstery fabrics.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

You sound like a five year old. Why would you accept another culture is better than yours?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Kellibae(f): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

This looks like white garment church goers grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

"Original edo" on igbo cap. Which mentality is this?
what if I say that man is an Edoid man

Will you die?
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:

Lol is there any creativity in plane white? You stole our red cap too. You see how the cultural interchange is always mutual? ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
grin just go to bellanaijawedding page on Instagram for example..

40% of the dresses are Edo attire even Yoruba are letting go of their own , smh.

Not true, people borrow cultures and you are not left out. Oga, enter house ooo. Edo history is littered online but I don't want to deride you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by basilo101: 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
Binikingdowm:
what if I say that man is an Edoid man

Will you die?
Does Ifeanyi sound edoid to you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by OMANBALA1: 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kellibae:

This looks like white garment church goers grin

Ask him the origin of that garment....lol
He who lives in a glass house must not throw stones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

Lol is there any creativity in plane white? You stole our red cap too. You see how the cultural interchange is always mutual? ?
that red cap isn't part of the attire

The two just put it there
Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Kellibae(f): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Ask him the origin of that garment....lol
He who lives in a glass house must not throw stones
Of course Edos don't own it
That's tradition of Arabians.
But lemme just say hausas,
I hate it when ignorant people whose brain are only limited to what they see, come online to talk trash angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire by Binikingdowm: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
basilo101:

Does Ifeanyi sound edoid to you?
well many Nigerians have English name, we are even communicating with English.

Does that make us British?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biography Of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Francis Odinaka Uzoho / Chief Osita Osadebe And Oliver De Coque Who Is The King Of Igbo Highlife / Nigerian Pidgin Bible Don Comot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.