Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (67840 Views)

Road Trip To Toronto, Ontario, Canada From Pennsylvania / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
Here's why we pay more for everything in Canada — and always will: Neil Macdonald
CBC News · Posted: Mar 22, 2018
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/canadian-consumers-1.4586668

Housing costs a lot more in Canada than it does in the US
Canadian real estate is much more expensive than US real estate, and some places even have taxes that will make it more expensive
The average benchmark home in the Canada is CA$474,000 (US$352,076), while the average home in the US is CA$315,303 (US$234,200). That's 50% more expensive, for your average home across the country.
https://www.businessinsider.com/canadian-housing-prices-compared-to-us-2016-11
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Babyvet: 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ugosample:

Canada has living standards commensurate with that of the USA.

No much difference

False , there is much difference . Even in America , there are a lot of differences even amongst states. For example there is a difference between Virginia and Florida.

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Babyvet: 8:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
Angela777:

Yes, Canada is not so good as USA and both are not a paradise. It's natural for people to love their Homeland, Nigerians love Nigeria but many Nigerians are not only smart, very intelligent too, it's an amazing Nation, many handsome and intelligent people but ... many don't have place to grow up, to progress in their own country because it's not well developed and specially intelligent people understand, no paradise in Canada or USA, it will be hard the new start but for their kids Canada or USA will be their own country and their kids will have better future, more opportunities.

Neither are paparadise . But I find that Canadian immigrants seem to be very boastful of the country , at least here we can admit our flaws. I’m sure is a nice Canada country but the immigrants tend to exaggerate the country a little bit.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Jamestown123: 8:06pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:

i am not being honest about what, where did i write that nigeria is a perfect place

this is fuuny coming from people who will not tell others the honest truth about living abroad, only few people do here on NL but me i know for sure that no place is perfect.

i have seen Nigerians beg on the street abroad, i have seen homeless and drug addict Nigerians, i have also seen the unemployed and paperless nigeria, i have seen the man who became the accidental pastor abroad just to survive or the young guy who became an accidental rapper to survive abroad and i have seen families share an apartment or 10 boys living in a room, or the unfortunate footballer, all these things nobody love to talk about when they are selling the abroad dreams, they portray the western world as heaven

me i know one thing, a normal westerner will prefer to feed a homeless dog than to feed a homeless man while in nigeria it is different.
So people that are begging in naija are cows. And for the records u cant expect to leave naija with 500k and and expect to live a better life abroad. Most of the professionals that migrated abroad have u seen anyone begging on the street before? U only see those who migrated illegally or without enough fund and expecting to live a jolificating life there.

7 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:
So people that are begging in naija are cows. And for the records u cant expect to leave naija with 500k and and expect to live a better life abroad. Most of the professionals that migrated abroad have u seen anyone begging on the street before? U only see those who migrated illegally or without enough fund and expecting to live a jolificating life there.

pls learn to read. where did i write that you can survive with 500k abroad?

so you think all the Nigerian professionals abroad are successful, i guess you must be joking.

i do not have to know their backgrounds but i have seen Nigerians beg on the street or Nigerians who are homeless and drug addicts, what about the Nigerians that are thrown out by their wives.

so you think only those that migrated illegally become homeless even americans themselves can go homeless talkless of a nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Beautyaddy: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
jhoci:
You took the words right out of my mouth! The guy is just frustrated.

Yes, It is true that wetdick is frustrated.

And we know what goes on in the minds of frustrated people...they go in a continuous denial mode out of shame.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

And we know what goes on in the minds of frustrated people...they go in a continuous denial mode out of shame.

frustrated about what? i really dont understand, i guess i am not like you
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Jamestown123: 8:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:

pls learn to read. where did i write that you can survive with 500k abroad?

so you think all the professionals abroad are successful, i guess you must be joking.

i do not have to know their backgrounds but i have seen Nigerians beg on the street or Nigerians who are homeless and drug addicts, what about the nigerians that are thrown out by their wives.

so you think only those that migrated illegally become homeless even americans themselves can go homeless talkless of a nigerian.
What am trying to say is this, if u prepare ur egusi well u go chop am well and e go sweet u. And even self some americans are pratically lazy to looks for jobs there just wait for the government to feed them. And lack of proper planning make some to fail and some become homeless. And are u even saying people are not homeless in naija?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Mizwisdom(f): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hey com on, you shouldn't be attacking the person, why not counter his argument with good points. He doesn't sound frustrated, even people living abroad have agreed with him on some points

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Rickywowoz: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:
Chairman sorry to interrupt u, but whats ur main point on argueing in this matter now? Are u trying to compare Nigeria to Canada or what? Na question oo no vex.

Canada is miles and years better than Nigeria..but Canada has it's own issues. Coming from Nigeria, you might be overwhelmed by the uninterrupted power and othe amenities. But after a few years in canada, when u stop tripping about those things, you find out that the system is a rat race. You have a way better chance being a millionaire in Nigeria than in Canada

7 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:
What am trying to say is this, if u prepare ur egusi well u go chop am well and e go sweet u. And even self some americans are pratically lazy to looks for jobs there just wait for the government to feed them. And lack of proper planning make some to fail and some become homeless. And are u even saying people are not homeless in naija?

proper planning always work best on paper and not in real life

you can do your proper planning how you like sometimes plans do not work and what are you going to do when it doesnt work?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Hey com on, you shouldn't be attacking the person, why not counter his argument with good points. He doesn't sound frustrated, even people living abroad have agreed with him on some points

where did i attack your hero?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rickywowoz:

Canada is miles and years better than Nigeria..but Canada has it's own issues. Coming from Nigeria, you might be overwhelmed by the uninterrupted power and othe amenities. But after a few years in canada, when u stop tripping about those things, you find out that the system is a rat race. You have a way better chance being a millionaire in Nigeria than in Canada
Totally true. But you need to be very smart, very hardworking and to have luck yet in Nigeria you can save lots on taxes and when a millionaire, come to spend in Canada or America, more easy to immigrate.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Rickywowoz: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Huh ...This statement is a Big Lie and you know it.

I know you're going to argue back and forth but shows us the evidence of what western country will prefer the feed a homeless dog over a homeless human being?

I have seen a white girl spend $12k on surgery for her dog and the same girl will never donate or give to the homeless. Oyibo care about their dog more than anything. Infact most dogs abroad have a better standard of living than most Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Jamestown123: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rickywowoz:

Hahaha and someone begins to wonder why Nigeria is the headquater of poverty. At this stage in life naija is still doing blame game even blaming someone that ruled in 1970. But come to think of it why haven't we solved our electricity problem till now. Road na case study hospitals na another case.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Mizwisdom(f): 8:34pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:

where did i attack your hero?
which hero, seems you're out for unnecessary banter, I was tryna tell them to go easy on u, guess you need glasses
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mizwisdom:

which hero, seems you're out for unnecessary banter, I was tryna tell them to go easy on u, guess you need glasses

tell them to go easy on me. LOL but anyway, i didnt see your reply, just saw it now
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rickywowoz:

I have seen a white girl spend $12k on surgery for her dog and the same girl will never donate or give to the homeless. Oyibo care about their dog more than anything. Infact most dogs abroad have a better standard of living than most Nigerians
True and it is so crazy.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rickywowoz:

when you mean most nigerians, i guess you also meant some nigerian living home and abroad

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Beautyaddy: 8:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rickywowoz:

Yes, this is true because in Nigeria:

-They pay little to no taxes.
-There is so much loop-holes due to Corruption to make fast money.
- There are no enforced laws in Nigeria to abide to.
- The cost of living in Nigeria is very, very cheap.
- Very bad to no maintenance culture with infrastructures.
- Nigerians are very content people living in mediocre ways of life.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Ugosample(m): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Babyvet:

False , there is much difference . Even in America , there are a lot of differences even amongst states. For example there is a difference between Virginia and Florida.

Interesting
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Ugosample(m): 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

-They pay little to no taxes. -There is so much loop-holes due to Corruption to make fast money. - There are no enforced laws in Nigeria to abide to. - The cost of living in Nigeria is very, very cheap. - Very bad to no maintenance culture with infrastructures. - Nigerians are very content people living in mediocre ways of life.
You have said it all.
the room to cheat and manipulate is very wide in Nigeria
besides, must one be a millionaire to be financially secure?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Rickywowoz: 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:
Hahaha and someone begins to wonder why Nigeria is the headquater of poverty. At this stage in life naija is still doing blame game even blaming someone that ruled in 1970. But come to think of it why haven't we solved our electricity problem till now. Road na case study hospitals na another case.

Many smart Nigerians are raking in millions in Nigeria with the knowledge, capital and experience they got from western countries. The likes of Adenuga, davido, dele alli's dad etc realised that Africans are meant for Africa. Kemi Adeosun was born in the uk, do you think she would get an opportunity as a finance minister in Britain?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

-They pay little to no taxes.
-There is so much loop-holes due to Corruption to make fast money.
- There are no enforced laws in Nigeria to abide to.
- The cost of living in Nigeria is very, very cheap.
- Very bad to no maintenance culture with infrastructures.
- Nigerians are very content people living in mediocre ways of life.
It's the same in any 3rd world country but you need to have brains, brains and key positions friends are your best investment.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ugosample:

You have said it all.

like they dont chat and manipulate abroad

since you are contended with the average life abroad some people want to be millionaires in nigeria

or is it a crime for someone to be a millionaire in nigeria also
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Beautyaddy: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ugosample:

You have said it all.

Unfortunately, that is the imbedded thinking of people from 3rd world countries like Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Unfortunately, that is the imbedded thinking of people from 3rd world countries like Nigeria.

amazing, so wanting to be a millionaire is 3rd world people thinking..... very interesting
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Jamestown123: 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
Rickywowoz:

Many smart Nigerians are raking in millions in Nigeria with the knowledge, capital and experience they got from western countries. The likes of Adenuga, davido, dele alli's dad etc realised that Africans are meant for Africa. Kemi Adeosun was born in the uk, do you think she would get an opportunity as a finance minister in Britain?
at least thet got their knowledge from the western world not naija.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Ugosample(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:

like they dont chat and manipulate abroad

since you are contended with the average life abroad some people want to be millionaires in nigeria

or is it a crime for someone to be a millionaire in nigeria also

it's good to be a millionaire

achieving that status is a great leap
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
pls Rickywowoz continue preaching, if you are ambitious and not ready to settle for less you can bring your skills to nigeria and make real cash.

africans abroad know that to get real recognition, they have to move back home.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Beautyaddy: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:

Lol!..Millionaires in Nigeria do not care about that:

Most of those millionaires and their family members have big generators generating lights in their homes, they have enough money to give birth to their kids abroad and send their kids to go school abroad, they barely drive on those very bad and crazy roads because most of them have private jets and when they get sick they fly abroad to western countries to receive medical treatment.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ugosample:

it's good to be a millionaire

achieving that status is a great leap

so you think people are not doing it, there are almost 15,400 millionaires in dollars living in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida / This Will Be The 3rd Flyover Bridge Built By Ambode In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Six People Die In Ikorodu Boat Mishap (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.