₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,164,357 members, 4,715,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 January 2019 at 11:40 AM

From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle (18590 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by adebee16: 3:56pm On Jan 08
https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled read and digest everything on the first page.

Mekanus:
I'm interested in traveling to Canada, could you point me to where and what to read?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Toseenlove: 2:36pm On Jan 12
JennyKadry2:

Shallow minds.

You all think people leave Nigeria for financial reasons.

I pray all you team #500k do not fall seriously sick in Nigeria and require dialysis, radiotherapy or chemo. We will see how far 500k will go towards your treatment plus your other bills

Ndi iberibe

Thank u for educating them. They really lack exposure and Poverty has eaten deep a vast amount of their Medulla.
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Toseenlove: 2:37pm On Jan 12
AngelicBeing:
Spot on, l have friends who left oil company jobs in Nigeria earning between 500,000 naira to 1.5 million Naira per month , they relocated from the headquarters of poverty due to the uncertainty in the country, health, security etc were part of the reasons they vammoosed out of Nigeria, life is not about money, salary etc but some people just want a decent lifestyle for themselves and kids which the headquarters of poverty cannot guarantee shocked

You couldn't have said It any better.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by mslilybeth(f): 4:16pm On Jan 12
@bomasek

All they are trying to explain to you is the 500k job can't gurantee a great future for you in this country of consistent recession,one can be sacked any time, I lost my job too in 2017, my Opportunist colleagues got out earlier, remember inflation too, you spend more so how long Will this 500k last?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Mizwisdom(f): 4:52pm On Jan 12
mslilybeth:
@bomasek

All they are trying to explain to you is the 500k job can't gurantee a great future for you in this country of consistent recession,one can be sacked any time, I lost my job too in 2017, my Opportunist colleagues got out earlier, remember inflation too, you spend more so how long Will this 500k last?

Justwise, off topic should be deleted both for and against, let the OP continue his diary without all these distraction's
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Icon2007: 7:10pm On Jan 12
Guitarlife:

I will make this quick, I have seen people resign a millolion naira per month job and relocate to canada.

I know not less than 5 people earning more than 500k resign and relocate to Canada, you need to understand that its when you are broke money looks like the answer to all problems.

When you have money it dawns on you that money is not the answer to all problems.

I am not in anyway against people leaving their 500k or 1million naira job to relocate. The truth is that some resign due to pressure in their place of work. Especially Bankers that are marketers, once there is no more prospects and the pressure is mounting in some cases some of them will be sacked if they refused to resign and relocate. know the actual reason behind it.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by bomasek(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12
mslilybeth:
@bomasek

We all can't jet due to unforseen circumstance,sorry for your plight though. I pray u bounce back in no time
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by bomasek(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12
Mizwisdom:

Justwise, off topic should be deleted both for and against, let the OP continue his diary without all these distraction's
How was your day?
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by shege45: 10:24pm On Jan 12
Mekanus:
I'm interested in traveling to Canada, could you point me to where and what to read?
express entry
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by mslilybeth(f): 2:06pm On Jan 13
bomasek:
We all can't jet due to unforseen circumstance,sorry for your plight though. I pray u bounce back in no time
Thanks alot smiley
Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by Amicable22: 4:29pm On Jan 14
@Nahinbdis
I'm totally enjoying your transition story so far...I just pray I get to this very point one day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by cronsberg: 11:08am On Jan 19
surryade:

All ds will make you miss home
Yeah, but am sure if i was the one in that winter setting, reclyning comfortably on a comfy couch, wearing a fluffy snuggy, a hot cup of chocola in hand, and watching awesome movies on netflix on a 50 inch plasma, will definitely make me completely forget nigeria forever. And that lifestyle is very easily attainable in canada but almost impossible in nigeria from lack of netflix itself to dismal electric power to zero true unlimited broadband internet etc

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Toronto - Follow My Canadian Hustle by SolutionsGuy: 11:16am On Jan 19
No sign of OP yet?
Be like say that guy don go take leg cross railway, police arrest am o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tex Trex / Air France Flight Forced To Land In Kenya After Bomb Was Found In Toilet / Explosion Of Gas Truck In Ogun State Yesterday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.