Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? (1703 Views)

Have You Ever Asked Your Parents How They Met / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / You Are To Dash 1million To Your Parents. How Much Goes To Mum And Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by trendysturvs(f): 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2018
According to the young lady Sensei-tional, it is bad to disclose what you earn to your parents. How true is this? See reactions to her post below:

See reactions to the post below:

https://tsb.com.ng/2018/12/never-tells-your-parents-how-much-you-earn-true-or-false/

Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by Nogen: 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
It depends on the kind of parents one has.
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
Parents sometime are manipulative, the moment they know the date and salary they always have problems towards pay date and they would do a budget for you

They borrow, so you can pay, if you say I don't have money they ask you what are you using all the money for

5 Likes

Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
Parents should know so that they wont worry when you move out their home.

Why should that be an issue anyway, if you have ðecent parent, and not the kind that sees your birth/upbringing as an investment?!

... And even if they know, are they gonna force the money out your account at gunpoint or what?!

Parent: we need 50k
Child: sorry i cant!

EOD
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by LastDance: 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
Whether they know or not, it changes nothing.
Since your parents got married, they have been living fine, feeding fine and living their life.
They gave birth to you, saw you through school till you graduated.
Remember when your mom used to pack foodstuffs for you, so you can feed well in school.
well let me suprise you, she might have borrowed the money but she did not tell you.

well over the years, she still paid back all the debts she owned just to see you smile.

So whether you tell them how much you earn or not.

They will not beg you of money and they will continue to survive as they did before.

So to whom a brain is given, sense is expected.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by Yamatxlf: 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
True talk
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
Parents should know so that they wont worry when you move out their home.

Why should that be an issue anyway, if you have ðecent parent, and not the kind that sees your birth/upbringing as an investment?!

... And even if they know, are they gonna force the money out your account at gunpoint or what?!

Parent: we need 50k
Child: sorry i cant!

EOD

You took it from a different angle as in moving out, the is not about moving out, but generally them knowing how you earn

Only circumstance like there are trying to make sense of spending eg you are always broke but you are always borrowing or there are trying to teach or help you to save or invest
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

You took it from a different angle as in moving out, the is not about moving out, but generally them knowing how you earn

Only circumstance like there are trying to make sense of spending eg you are always broke but you are always borrowing or there are trying to teach or help you to save or invest

Bro i wrote moving out because we all have to, one day or another, and they need to know that you will be able to take care of Yourself.
If a person cant say NO THANK YOU to their parents and manage his/her own money then probably they need their parents to be in charge of their money
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:33am On Dec 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Bro i wrote moving out because we all have to, one day or another, and they need to know that you will be able to take care of Yourself.
If a person cant say NO THANK YOU to their parents and manage his/her own money then probably they need their parents to be in charge of their money

Am not dismissing your angle but if we go that route we lose the focus on main question which simple without different scenarios
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:38am On Dec 28, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

Am not dismissing your angle but if we go that route we lose the focus on main question which simple without different scenarios

I mean, normal parents want the best for their children therefore they would never let you move out, unless they knew you could take care of Yourself. Thats the amgle where parent should know, while not wanting a piece of your cheque.
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:43am On Dec 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

I mean, normal parents want the best for their children therefore they would never let you move out, unless they knew you could take care of Yourself. Thats the amgle where parent should know, while not wanting a piece of your cheque.

The question had nothing to do with moving out it asked a simple question but too broad subject but stick to the simplicity of the question

Your angle will derail the simple question
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:58am On Dec 28, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

The question had nothing to do with moving out it asked a simple question but too broad subject but stick to the simplicity of the question

Your angle will derail the simple question

The reason parent would want to know how much you make does.... What parent in his right mind would want to let their Child move out without knowing if that child can afford to live on his/her own?! So i am giving you A reason why they should know. Same as i would have said that they should know so that they now can refuse to help take care of your upkeep, and let you start to be Independent.
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:21am On Dec 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

The reason parent would want to know how much you make does.... What parent in his right mind would want to let their Child move out without knowing if that child can afford to live on his/her own?! So i am giving you A reason why they should know. Same as i would have said that they should know so that they now can refuse to help take care of your upkeep, and let you start to be Independent.

You are focusing on.moving out only its way broader than your focus thats why I said lets stick to the simple question why becoz even married people have parents so do the parents have right to know what he s/he makes ?
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:33am On Dec 28, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

You are focusing on.moving out only its way broader than your focus thats why I said lets stick to the simple question why becoz even married people have parents so do the parents have right to know what he s/he makes ?

Yes i do focus on moving out because imho thats the only time parent could have an interest in your paycheck (aka while you live under their roof). Now you do make a point when saying that married people have parents too, but then i have never heard of parents wanting to know their adult married children's paycheck....
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:53am On Dec 28, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Yes i do focus on moving out because imho thats the only time parent could have an interest in your paycheck (aka while you live under their roof). Now you do make a point when saying that married people have parents too, but then i have never heard of parents wanting to know their adult married children's paycheck....

Well welcome to adults world, am sure you have of mother in laws to tell daughter in laws that "this is my son's house " those are the some the parents that want to know how much the son earns and how much her son gives to his in laws

I think the main reason why this question has been asked is how much interference your parents pops into life, through self entitlement

Back your angle any wise child would worked through how s/he will manage with his/her salary and wise parent will simply ask if the salary can sustain the living expenses

The parents dont need to know the exact figure unless the child tells them
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by prettysassygirl(f): 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2018
False,what am I supposed to do when my mum ask?? Lie?? Hell no
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ImaIma1(f): 8:53am On Dec 29, 2018
LastDance:
Whether they know or not, it changes nothing.
Since your parents got married, they have been living fine, feeding fine and living their life.
They gave birth to you, saw you through school till you graduated.
Remember when your mom used to pack foodstuffs for you, so you can feed well in school.
well let me suprise you, she might have borrowed the money but she did not tell you.

well over the years, she still paid back all the debts she owned just to see you smile.

So whether you tell them how much you earn or not.

They will not beg you of money and they will continue to survive as they did before.

So to whom a brain is given, sense is expected.

A child should never be made to feel that he/she owes the parent's for the things the parents did to bring them up. The child did not beg to be born and it is the duty of a patent to bring up a child in the best way possible.

When the child grows up, he or she should not be trying to pay back because the mum or dad suffered for him or her. Who else is supposed to make foodstuffs available for the child either by borrowing or having?
Re: Never Tells Your Parents How Much You Earn. True Or False? by ImaIma1(f): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

You are talking from the angle of normal parents. So many parents left their responsibilities for their child or children. I don't believe parents should know the amount you are paid. They could be manipulative. My mum never asked anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Women Honor Their Pastors More Than Their Husbands? / Happy Married Life To Me / My Wife Is Not Obedient To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.