Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (40134 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Christian women wearing trouser, ear ring, ornament etc is a big satanic trap / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by mellow(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2007
If it were possible, men would have added more and more commandment to the

Ten commandment. Make I see my wife and me dey waka and she tie wrapper.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by dafidixone(m): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2007
This thread has been so interesting, many people were trying to express their point of view and at the end everyone giving their piece of mind.

In all honesty, I will like us to leave every benefit of doubt to the Glory of God the Almighty. I have tried to search through the Bible yet to find where it was specifically written that Trousers, Wrapper, Wrobe are meant for a particular Sex. God made cover of Goat Skin for adam and Eve. Not sure if Trousers or short for a particular Sex. Every Opinion we would espress on clothing for Male and Female may not bring any result.

That being as it may, I want to state here with all emphasis that some Fashion were prohibited by God, Men using earings, and wearing of Tatoo by both sexes.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by denniz(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2007
@difidixone,
Yeah, i love what you said. Dude where do u stay in ojodu? can we meet?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by pilgrim1(f): 8:57pm On Dec 10, 2007
Hmm. . . wetin remain to condemn again? undecided
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by software(m): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2008
sin
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by prophetwis: 11:02am On Jul 21, 2008
[b]while i am not going to be opinionated,i believe that the love of and for God should be what compels Christian character,a reputed man of God once said that if we take care of our character our reputation will take care of itself.The bible admonishes us in 2thessalonica 5vs21 -22 to prove all things and hold on to that which is good,to abstain to all appearances of evil.and in Phil 4 vs5 says let ur moderation be known unto all men.the lord is at hand.which means any action a Christian takes the underlaying motive should be what such action communicates about the person of Christ,does it project Christ in good light to the sinner.as we grow in Christian maturity,we are demanded to make certain sacrifices for the sake of the christ.though am convinced that one who puts on trousers is not going to hell,just the way a female not wearing trousers is not a guarantee for heaven.if u a born again genuinely,the Spirit of God will give direction in this respect.for those who He will use He might reguire u to make extra sacrifices.on the issue of Paula white and joyce Meyer,though i admire them,but note that both are divorced.AM SURE divorce is not acceptable to most in the house.for a comprehensive biblical study on the issue of female and trouser i recommend u read this book by Kenneth Hagin:ANSWERING THE WOMAN QUESTION.[/b]
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MALAMA(f): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2008
It is true that wearing the other sex's garments is condemned in the Bible,but we have to note that it is part of the Mosaic Law.The Law was given to the Israelites and does not apply to Gentiles( you and I).Let us also remember that in that chapter,there were other laws which were given and are not talked/argued about becos those who carry a placard saying 'Women should not wear trousers' are myopic.They would rather 'subjugate'women than look inwards and realise that they themselves they break other parts of the Law too (like wearing grments of 2 textile materials,eating seafood dat has no scales.not purifying themselves when they have a seminal emission/menstrual flow etc).Breaking a commandment in the Law is the same as breaking the whole Law.
The death of Jesus on the cross was to redeem us from sin and free us from the Law.Any1 who understands the message of the Cross should not put himself/herself or cause some1 else to be under the Law again.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MALAMA(f): 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2008
In the book of Acts,while the Church was being established ([/b]ACTS CHAP 15:1-30 ),a sect of believing Pharisees said that it was necessary to circumcise believing Gentiles and to command them to keep the Law of Moses ( v.5).This argument was the basis of the first ecumenical council in Jerusalem . The Apostles resolved that Gentiles should ', abstain from pollution of idols,and from fornication,and from things strangled,and from blood.' ([b] Acts 15: 20). The Apostles realised that the Law was burdensome and even themselves Jews could not keep the Law,and that there was no point telling Gentiles to keep it.
Whether u wear trousers or not,do it all to God's glory.There should be no condemnation of any woman who chooses to wear trousers (bearing in mind that our dressing should be done with modesty and propiety).It is wrong for any Christian who has a personal bias against wearing trousers to impose his/her opinions on others.
Those who advocate that women should not wear trousers usually thrive well in 9ja,but change their minds when they come to the UK/US or any other cold country becos the cold makes them have this volte-face grin.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by littleb(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2008
@malama
It is true that wearing the other sex's garments is condemned in the Bible,but we have to note that it is part of the Mosaic Law.The Law was given to the Israelites and does not apply to Gentiles( you and I)

What will you do with Jesus statement that he had not come to destory any law but to fulfull. please explain yourself, the mosaic law!

because those who carry a placard saying 'Women should not wear trousers' are myopic

Myopic as those who encourage it, including tight jeans and sexy pants, displaying all God endowment in them.

The death of Jesus on the cross was to redeem us from sin and free us from the Law.Any1 who understands the message of the Cross should not put himself/herself or cause someone else to be under the Law again.

Then, we can all continue to wallow in sins. Kindly explain yourself further!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by littleb(m): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
In the book of Acts,while the Church was being established ([/b]ACTS CHAP 15:1-30 ),a sect of believing Pharisees said that it was necessary to circumcise believing Gentiles and to command them to keep the Law of Moses ( v.5).This argument was the basis of the first ecumenical council in Jerusalem . The Apostles resolved that Gentiles should ', abstain from pollution of idols,and from fornication,and from things strangled,and from blood.' ([b] Acts 15: 20). The Apostles realised that the Law was burdensome and even themselves Jews could not keep the Law,and that there was no point telling Gentiles to keep it.
Whether u wear trousers or not,do it all to God's glory.There should be no condemnation of any woman who chooses to wear trousers (bearing in mind that our dressing should be done with modesty and propiety).It is wrong for any Christian who has a personal bias against wearing trousers to impose his/her opinions on others.

The argument is baseless since it fundamental core think tat was originated from paul. Then, all gentiles can continue fornicating and the likes.

Those who advocate that women should not wear trousers usually thrive well in Nigeria,but change their minds when they come to the UK/US or any other cold country because the cold makes them have this volte-face .

Because we are religious and moreso our culture does not encourages it. lo! You can prefer to go arround in US/UK unclothedness and nobody concern about it. Likewise, extensively, the likeness of such madness has gradually find its way to Nigeria.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MALAMA(f): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
Littleb,

littleb:

@malama
What will you do with Jesus statement that he had not come to destory any law but to fulfull. please explain yourself, the mosaic law!

Myopic as those who encourage it, including tight jeans and sexy pants, displaying all God endowment in them.

Then, we can all continue to wallow in sins. Kindly explain yourself further!

Jesus did all that was required of the Law but I really can't remember Him saying that I as His daughter have to fulfill the Law. In all honesty,have u been able to do all the Law says? There are 613 of them o!Where have u been doing ur burnt offerings/votive offerings etc?
     In my post(pls re-read it) I wrote that '[b][/b], bearing in mind that our dressing should be in modesty and in propiety'.Ur yarns on tight and sexy jeans do not come in here becos I've addressed it already.
    When Jesus died,the curtain of the Temple was torn.Wot does dat signify to u as a Christian ( I presume u are 1)?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MALAMA(f): 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2008
littleb:

The argument is baseless since it fundamental core think tat was originated from paul. Then, all gentiles can continue fornicating and the likes.

Because we are religious and moreso our culture does not encourages it. lo! You can prefer to go arround in US/UK unclothedness and nobody concern about it. Likewise, extensively, the likeness of such madness has gradually find its way to Nigeria.
Littleb,
let's be honest with ourselves here : u have not read Acts 15:1-30. If u have,you would have noted that Paul and Barnabas were the 'errand boys' who were sent to Jerusalem with the issue at hand to meet with the Apostles in Jerusalem.Peter spoke on God's love for us Gentiles while James 'hammered' the solution to the whole issue and there the matter rests.Part of the resolution is that Genties should abstain from fornication.Pls do yourself a favour-read my post and digest the Bible quotation I gave wink
littleb:

Religiosity/culture pale in significance with what Christ has done for us who choose to accept Him.Whether u wear trousers or not,ur relationship with Christ is wot matters.Whether u go along with ur culture/religious views,na u sabi.Mind u I never advocated indecent dressing( u are myopic).Ever1 is free to choose wot she wants to do ie wear trousers or not.Just be decent about it bearing in mind that u have been bought with a price(Jesus' death).
In the same vein,if any woman does not wear trousers becos she feels the Bible is against it,she can as well go the whole hog by obeying the whole Law and tell God indirectly that the blood of Jesus wasn't enuff to free her from the Law wink.Any personal opinion against wearing trousers by females should be taken as they are-PERSONAL OPINIONS.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by rubi(f): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ Topic one thing I personally believe is if our spirit condems us not then we have boldness. Many xtains do not wear trouser based on where they reside. If one lives in USA where the temperature is sometimes negative during winter one do not have choice than to wear it.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by littleb(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2008
@malama

Jesus did all that was required of the Law but I really can't remember Him saying that I as His daughter have to fulfill the Law.

Then, if that above is confirmed, then evrybody can do whatever he/she likes out of the law. However, I quite disagree with you.

In all honesty,have u been able to do all the Law says? There are 613 of them o!Where have u been doing your burnt offerings/votive offerings etc?

I am sorry, I couldn't buy from that deception because I am not a christian. However, a religion shouldn't be a tool of moral degeneration rather a balanced moral prescription covering all aspect of life. Coz God law have been there to check our transgresses and quickly draw ourself back. To keep all laws is a divine battle which every soul must challenge itself insignifficant of how difficult it is. Cannot keep it doesn't mean that we should totally encourage it.

When Jesus died,the curtain of the Temple was torn.Wot does that signify to u as a Christian ( I presume u are 1)?

I don't buy that because I am not a christian.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by littleb(m): 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2008
@rubi

If one lives in USA where the temperature is sometimes negative during winter one do not have choice than to wear it.

Then the intention is differ. not quoting it has been abrogated by blood of Jesus. Frankly speaking, the laws have been there since ever before Jesus and the demand on us is to obey it. We only apply wisdom to its uses and applications and not transgresses. If lady must wear trousers, then questions arises as how she wear it? of what kind? silk/wool etc., at where? does it shows her sexiest shapes and the like. above all, of what purpose, i.e intention. We should not be fooling ourself and claim it to religion proof.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by rubi(f): 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2008
littleb:

@rubi

Then the intention is differ. not quoting it has been abrogated by blood of Jesus. Frankly speaking, the laws have been there since ever before Jesus and the demand on us is to obey it. We only apply wisdom to its uses and applications and not transgresses. If lady must wear trousers, then questions arises as how she wear it? of what kind? silk/wool etc., at where? does it shows her sexiest shapes and the like. above all, of what purpose, i.e intention. We should not be fooling ourself and claim it to religion proof.

I 100% agree with you that is where xtain maturity comes in
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MALAMA(f): 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
littleb:

@malama

Littleb,

Thanx for confirming that u are not a Christian-no wonder u were spinning a lot of 'misyarns'( u have shown with clarity that u have no knowledge of what we Christians profess and what the Law is all about).When I write 'Law' I mean Mosaic Law.When 'law' is written,it refers to the common law as it applies to state/country etc.We Christians do not do wot we like outside the law,because a country/state/county/village/local council is governed by the law  and we are to be law-abiding. As Christians,we are not under the Law because Jesus has freed us from it.Consequently, because we love God and Man,we will not kill,steal lie against one another,dress indecently etc( u don't need an angel to tell u that). God does not require us to follow the Law(it is more than the Decalogue) since He has redeemed us from it.
It didnt save the children of Israel,so why continue in it?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by littleb(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2008
@malama

Thanx for confirming that u are not a Christian-no wonder u were spinning a lot of 'misyarns'( u have shown with clarity that u have no knowledge of what we Christians profess and what the Law is all about)

hmm hmm! I am I? Maybe I can start learning. My aplologetic belief of bluring scripturist may be clearly explained.

When I write 'Law' I mean Mosaic Law.When 'law' is written,it refers to the common law as it applies to state/country etc.We Christians do not do wot we like outside the law,because a country/state/county/village/local council is governed by the law and we are to be law-abiding. As Christians,we are not under the Law because Jesus has freed us from it.Consequently, because we love God and Man,we will not kill,steal lie against one another,dress indecently etc( u don't need an angel to tell u that). God does not require us to follow the Law(it is more than the Decalogue) since He has redeemed us from it

Then, you can make it open and diff btw mosaic laws and other laws. The ones you are to obey and the ones you are not. The one you cleaned with blood and others that are not. Maybe from that, I can begin to tell you my own understanding from the bible.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MALAMA(f): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2008
Littleb,
I made the assumption earlier on that u were a Xtian,my mistake sad.I also made the assumption that if 'Law' is written,by the rules of English Language,it is used to qualify something eg Law of Moses ,Law of Gravity etc becos it is written in capitals.
I dont want to get into any more arguments with u becos u have shown thus far how adept u r with the Mosaic Law and the Christian faith.U probably cleaned ur laws with blood from wherever and whoever cool.
If u think u have a good grounding of the Law and Christianity (not a smattering pls),show it abeg in line with this thread-no digressions wink.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by littleb(m): 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2008
@malama,
I dont mean to ague for just sake of it, however to call our attention to proper understanding of God's words. You can wear anything you like as long as you wish, but quite clears the truth from falsehood. God's laws never changed. It is a consensus that's good both of us, so we can serve him in one voice.
Thanks.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by chibaby5(f): 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2008
yea i know it sayz sumwhere in da Bible dat ladies shudnt wear things dat partaketh 2 men and also men shudn't wear things dat partaketh 2 women. Da same Bible also sayz dat we can come b4 god anyhow we r. he luks 2 da hearts of men and not da clothes. Therefore in regards 2 this topic, i will say it all depends on if yo spirit accepts u wearing trousers because errbdyz not da same. people myt feel ok wearin it and it so doesnt make them less christians
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by dudubobo1: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2008

Deut 22
5: A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.
22 If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.
23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her,
24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

If we are to take any part of the Law, we should not leave out the other parts.

My opinion and belief is that this relates to clothing that are for men ie the ones that belong to men. Women's trousers are designed for women and are not worn by men. . . just my thought.

Besides, in those days men did not wear trousers so this law could not have been specifically referring to trousers
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by MrCrackles(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2008
dis topic na serious issue ooo!!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by obinna5000(m): 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2008
It is an outrage for a woman to wear trousers. Just read Deutronomy 22 verse 5 and u will know what I am talking about. shocked
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by FifiO(f): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2008
Matt 22:37-*40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Blessings!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by KDK(m): 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2008
ldollier,
Long time. How you dey na? Missed yaaa wink .

topic,

Well, I think all has been said so far so let those who have ears,let them hear. The bible is explicit on certain things and this will bring us back to the topic of the omniscience of God again. If you believe God is omniscient, don't you think HE already knew all what we see in the society today and if HE already knew and still gave Moses those laws, what do you think?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2008
Who raised this thread, old soldiers no gree die, Imagine how person pick one out of all of them, what of the instruction to stone people to death for violating the ten commandments. Bloody hypocrites angry
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by obinna5000(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
@Chrisbenogor
If u call Christians hypocrites, what will u call pagans and aethists?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by FifiO(f): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2008
Matt 22:37-*40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets"

Let this scripture not be an offence to anyone. It is explicit enough. Infact , allow me to show you more:

James 2:10

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultry, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultry, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law. 12 So speak ye, and do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Now, whoever cares to, please read the whole of Deut 21-25. And oh, the whole of the old testament of course.

Acts 13:39

"And by him all that believe are justified[b] from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses[/b]"

girl 3:11

"But no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for the just shall live by faith"

When you put all this together what do you get?

girl 5:1

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewit Christ hath made us free & be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage"
Amen.

Blessings!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2008
i strongly disagree. the bible only saya "let all things be done decently and in order". Not all things include dressing.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Purist(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2009
littleb:

Because we are religious and moreso our culture does not encourages it.

It's funny when people say things like "it's not our culture to wear trousers".  People hold on so tightly to culture, forgetting that culture is not static.  They forget so easily that the shirts and trousers, shoes, etc they wear today were once NOT their culture.

What I've come to realise is that many Nigerians find it so difficult to seperate culture from religion.  We all act like culture is something God gave to individual countries.  Like God came one morning and said, "Nigeria, this is your own culture."  "America, this is your own."  "Egypt, hold on to this one."

Point is, culture is ADOPTED and it EVOLVES too!.  The same white man that saw the need to create trousers for men, in the long run, saw the need to create trousers for women as well. (Actually, some sources claim women started wearing trousers before men). Why cry foul then?  What we should be debating is whether Africans should be wearing trousers at all, since what some of us seem to have problems with is the "cultural" aspect of dressing, afterall, "it ain't our culture". tongue  If you are such a big fan of culture, then you should probably be walking about covered with some animal skin, or even leaves covering only your vital parts. tongue

Oh, and by the way, I wonder why no one picks on women wearing SHIRTS?  Or have we suddenly agreed that shirts are UNISEX? (This goes out to those who see "unisex" as a word the devil himself coined).
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Abuzola(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
Another baseless thread. Who told you that walking naked is even forbidden in christianity, come and see how pastor wife in my area is advertizing her transparent body for young men to see. Fornicate and enjoy the world of this life dear cross worshippers, you will soon know when mr death knock on ur door

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Joshua Bamiloye Mike: The Movie “Lucifer” Used By Devil To Win Souls / Calendar Souvenir Made For Apostle Suleman When He Got Married In 2004 / I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.