Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? (40108 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Christian women wearing trouser, ear ring, ornament etc is a big satanic trap / What's Wrong With Wearing A Trouser To Church?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by keyne(f): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2009
since dere r lot of arguments,women shld stick 2 skirts.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by ttos1: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2009
My sister, the scripture cannot be
broken or contradict itself.So my advice to you is to read the book of deut.22:5 and ask God to interprete it in your heart.Untill you have personal encounter with God on that issue it will settle every question in your heart.
Also believe for pastor because he's the mouthpiece of God when on the pulpit.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by innerchild(m): 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2010
WHEN GOD CREATED ADAM AND EVE,THEY WERE NAKED AND NOT KNOWING.GOD'S INTENTION WAS TO KEEP THEM NAKED FOREVER BEFORE THE LUCIFER TOLD EVE TO EAT THE FORBIDDEN FRUITS AND SHE DID EAT AND HER SIGHT WAS RESTORED AND SHE FOUND OUT THAT SHE WAS NAKED.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by mrcastool: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2010
d problem is dat the kind of trousers girls wear like wen i went to cu, see wat covenant uni girls wear an du will know why girls shldt wear trouser, u could see everythin , if dey were wearing brown trousers u will tink they were naked.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by smallman1: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2010
the fact that the bible says that a woman should not put on the cloth that belongs to a man does not mean that women wearing trousers is bad. it simply means that a woman should not dress like a man. all other portions of the bible with reference to this are in support of it.

luv,
small man.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by kieryn(f): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
No. Na pants just cloth, like skirt and dresses.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by livin: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2010
is this for women in nigeria or women all over the world ?
seriously are there really not more important things to worry about?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Monjay(m): 1:40pm On Aug 18, 2010
Many of you interpreted this chapter Duet 22:5 "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God", to suite your thinking.

Queen Elizabeth of England has never wore trouser or nicknamed "pant" neither do reverenced sisters of catholic. When the missionary first introduced Christianity to us, women were not wearing trouser nor pant. You can verify!

Better still make your way straight and inquire from God if women wearing trouser is an abomination unto Him or not. God can reveal it to you if you seek Him with all your heart.

I would advice us to run away from sin and stop copying the westerners , they are not the standard. Read your Bible always and ask Holy Spirit to interpret it to you, not even fake pastors that are fulfilling the scripture - a sign of end time. Amend your ways, heaven is for few people that leave exceptional life. Think about Sodom and Gomorrah or what happened during Noah era. Anything unrighteous shall never enter there.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
There are two types of trousers: ladies trousers and men's trousers. Ladies trousers are shaped to fit ladies, and men's trousers are shaped to fit men. Most ladies would look silly in men's trousers and visa versa. Ladies trousers can be feminine, and also can be more pertaining to modesty in certain situations, especially deliverance. If a lady fell over, bent down, lay down and put her feet in the air (for whatever reason), her modesty would always be intact. I like dresses and skirts, but they are not always practical, and they are not always warm- particularly in the UK. Even in the summer, I might wear a dress or skirt in the day, but by evening, I might like to change into trousers and even socks, because it has become cooler. I think the verse in the Bible advising not to wear clothes of the opposite sex, is to not dress purposely to look like the opposite sex. In the winter, I nearly always wear trousers.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Tayokaye: 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2011
Hmm! May God help us & give us understanding.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Tayokaye: 3:38pm On Apr 30, 2011
Most often people say it is wrong 4 women 2 uncover their heads while in church dat bible talk against it.Is it true
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 9:53pm On May 01, 2011
I've got my track suit bottoms on right now and socks!!  I am white-British.  I am very attracted to Mfm, but frankly feel quite distrubed about insistance that  lady should not wear trousers.  I have never felt any conviction in this area- and some people seem to be saying I will go to hell for it!  I find this legalistic.  I have been to mfm once.  I attend a different church locally.  I have to say that I found the ladies very smart and impressive, and have made comment to others, that the ladies are smarter than smart.  I have even felt inspired to be more inclined to wear a dress or a skirt- just because they look so nice.  However, there really are many situations where trousers are more suitable.  What about children's work, where you need to get down on the floor with children?  What about skiiing?  I don't think a lady could ski in a skirt,  and it would be very draughty!!  Or should a lady not ski?  What about walking the dog on a cold winters day- with snow or mud.  For this, I would like to wear walking boots- which would look absolutely ridiculous with a skirt.  Also, there is a lot more freedom of movement in trousers, without concern for losing your dignity.  I cannot understand all this stigma about trousers.  I have asked to attend deliverance at mfm.  I have been told I would need to wear a dress or a skirt.  I find this quite alarming, as I would feel very vulnerable wearing such attire in this instance and would be concerned about losing my dignity in this situation.  Are there plenty of people on hand, for instance with covers, to make sure that I was not compromised?  Frankly, i just feel to cold in a skirt or dress, unless the weather is really warm.  And right now, I am finding my tracksuit bottoms very warm, comforting and cosy.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 10:09pm On May 01, 2011
And also- what about horse-riding? shocked
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 10:23pm On May 01, 2011
Trousers first enter recorded history in the 6th century BCE, with the appearance of horse-riding Iranian peoples in Greek ethnography. At this time, not only the Persians, but also allied Central Asian peoples such as the Bactrians, Armenians, and the Tigraxauda Scythians are known to have worn them.[4][5] Trousers are believed to have been worn by both sexes among these early users.[6]  Source Wikipedia,

also:Starting around the mid 19th Century, Wigan pit brow girls scandalized Victorian society by wearing trousers for their work at the local coal mines. They wore skirts over their trousers and rolled them up to their waist to keep them out of the way. Although pit brow lasses worked above-ground at the pit-head, their task of sorting and shovelling coal involved hard manual labour, so wearing the usual long skirts of the time would have greatly hindered their movements.

Women working the ranches of the 19th century American West also wore trousers for riding. In the early 20th century aviatrices and other working women often wore trousers.

also:During World War II, women working in factories and doing other forms of "men's work" on war service wore trousers when the work demanded it. In the post-war era, trousers became acceptable casual wear for gardening, the beach, and other leisurely pursuits.

In Britain during the Second World War, because of the rationing of clothing, many women took to wearing their husbands' civilian clothes, including their trousers, to work while their husbands were away from home serving in the armed forces. This was partly because they were seen as practical garments of workwear and partly to allow women to keep their clothing allowance for other uses. As this practice of wearing trousers became more widespread and as the men's clothing wore out, replacements were needed. By the summer of 1944, it was reported that sales of women's trousers were five times more than they had been in the previous year.[33]

also:In modern Western society, males customarily wear trousers and not skirts or dresses. There are exceptions, however, such as the ceremonial Scottish kilt and Greek foustanella, as well as robes or robe-like clothing like the cassocks of clergy and the academic robes, both rarely worn today in daily use. (See also Men's skirts.) smiley
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 10:42pm On May 01, 2011
Outside of Western cultures, men's clothing commonly includes skirts and skirt-like garments

One common form is a single sheet of fabric folded and wrapped around the waist, such as the dhoti or lungi in India, and sarong in South and Southeast Asia. There are different varieties and names of sarong depending on whether the ends are sewn together or simply tied.

Some long robes also resemble a skirt or dress, including the Middle Eastern and North African caftan and djellaba.

Other similar garments worn by men around the world include the Greek and Balkan fustanella (a short flared cotton skirt), the Pacific lava-lava (similar to a sarong), some forms of Japanese hakama and the Bhutanese gho.

Skirts that is called qun(裙) or chang(裳) in Chinese were also worn by ancient Chinese men.[4][5]

Ancient Hebrew, Greek, and Roman men generally wore some form of tunic. Ancient Egyptians wore a wrap skirt, similar to sarongs. Both the Anglo-Saxons and Normans wore skirted garments, as can be seen in the Bayeux Tapestry. These fashions continued well into the Middle Ages.

Both the Anglo-Saxons and Normans wore skirted garments, as can be seen in the Bayeux Tapestry. These fashions continued well into the Middle Ages.
[edit] Decline

From the early Victorian period there was a decline in the wearing of bright colours and luxurious fabrics by men, with a definite preference for sobriety of dress.[6][7][8] By the mid 20th Century orthodox Western male dress, especially business and semi-formal dress, was dominated by sober suits, plain shirts and ties.

The wearing of skirts, kilts, or similar garments on an everyday basis by men in western cultures is something of a minority but growing movement.

Kilts, and derivatives of the garment remain popular. One manufacturer of contemporary kilt styles claims to sell over 12,000 such garments annually,[11] resulting in over $2 million annually worth of sales, and has appeared at a major fashion show.[12] According to a CNN correspondent: "At Seattle's Fremont Market, men are often seen sporting the Utilikilt" [13] US News said in 2003 that ",  the Seattle-made utilikilt, a rugged, everyday riff on traditional Scottish garb, has leapt from idea to over 10,000 sold in just three years, via the Web and word of mouth alone."[14] "They've become a common sight around Seattle, especially in funkier neighbourhoods and at the city's many alternative cultural events. They often are worn with chunky black boots." writes AP reporter Anne Kim.[15] "I actually see more people wearing kilts in Seattle than I did when I lived in Scotland," one purchaser remarked in 2003.[16] source: wikipedia
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 11:28am On May 02, 2011
[img][/img]

Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Azibalua(f): 5:03pm On May 02, 2011
t-tos:

My sister, the scripture cannot be
broken or contradict itself.So my advice to you is to read the book of deut.22:5 and ask God to interprete it in your heart.Untill you have personal encounter with God on that issue it will settle every question in your heart.
Also believe for pastor because he's the mouthpiece of God when on the pulpit.

I suggest you read the whole of deut 22 am sure you would suddenly wonder about what to put on considering the fact that you are not supposed to mix two different fabrics together
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Image123(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2011
@Andrearose
If i wasn't sure of something, i'll not do it.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 6:40pm On May 02, 2011
Are you saying that you are not sure about wearing trousers? I have done my research and I can see that the first record of trouser wearing was in 6th century BC, and that they were worn by both sexes. Therefore I am totally sure that it's ok to wear trousers. Modesty is the matter at hand and should be the deciding factor in any garment.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 02, 2011
Please remember the word from 2Corinthians6 'be ye separate' that's one thing we have to be, it may seem tough, but we must be modest and simple.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Image123(m): 11:16pm On May 02, 2011
@Andrearose
i thought you were not sure?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 6:46am On May 03, 2011
Hi. If you will read all my previous posts, you will see that I am totally sure. I have been very interested in mfm, and have watched the live streaming and many of the posts by Dr. DK Olukoya. I have been interested in going again but am put off by this trouser regulation thing. I have looked into the origins of the trousers design and have been able to see that they were originally designed for both men and women.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by babalobi(m): 10:26am On May 03, 2011
As a Christian woman, you should spend more time in developing your spirit than your body. You should spend more time in building your character to be Christ like than in building an expansive ward robe.
See: http://christonline.info/blog/?p=2961
http://christonline.info/blog/?s=christian+dressing
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Image123(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2011
@andrearose
i thought if you were 100 sure, you wouldn't be kinda looking for back up views? Whatever you do anyways, do all to God's glory. ciao
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 12:26pm On May 03, 2011
I have not known before my interest in mfm, that African churches have a problem with ladies wearing trousers. I have only just found out, and have been quite shocked to realize. I have come to this forum as a result of a search and my interest in the subject. I am white British. When I visited mfm, I did notice that all the ladies were wearing dresses, or skirts, and how lovely they looked. However, I feel that it is all right to wear trousers feel that a restriction on wearing them would be oppressive and unecessary. I also do not have an expansive wardrobe- Babilobo!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 12:29pm On May 03, 2011
sorry, babalobi!!
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Image123(m): 8:38pm On May 03, 2011
^hmmm, i wouldn't repeat that i'm white british female again if i were you. You may be setting up yourself to be D.U.P.E.D.
To assist your research, you may try also the books of Moses i.e in the Bible. I think there's some 'recorded history' of trousers in it?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 9:29pm On May 03, 2011
How might I be duped? shocked Can you give me the biblical reference for trousers in reference to Moses?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 9:33pm On May 03, 2011
Maybe I'm the only white British female on here!? I don't care. I go to a black church where I live. I like black people. I like mfm, but I am very upset about the trouser thing.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 9:38pm On May 03, 2011
Is it not true that Moses has written 5 books: the pentateuch? I need a little help if I'm going to find the trouser thing. Also, have you looked at the wikipedia reference that I mentioned?
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Andrearose(f): 9:42pm On May 03, 2011
And by the way, I am looking for a bit more than Deuteronomy 22 vs. 5. I cannot see trousers mentioned here at all.
Re: Is It True: Wearing Trouser/Pants Is Condemned In The Bible? by Image123(m): 10:25pm On May 03, 2011
The search is on then, good luck.
Ahnnn, don't say i didn't warn you 'bout getting D.U.P.E.D. i know my country pipu a lidu better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / US Court Orders Olukoya To Pay $7,320 To Sowore For Lying / Pastor Adeboye Survives Food Poisoning - City People Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.