Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience (29196 Views)

Side Income For An 8-To-6 Job Worker? / Multiple Streams Of Income / Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Alexdon200089: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2018
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

it all depends on you and what you're after..
if you intend to be a web developer, you can start with wordpress, i've never used wordpress before, so i can't say much about it, but it seems to get the work done

but if you intend to go deeper,

start with python, it's has very simple syntax and lets you focus most of your time on learning about programming not on individual lines of code
understand concepts in procedural programming:
like sequence, selection(if tests), repetiton(loops) (these concepts are the same regardless of language, thats why once you've become comfortable in one language, its relatively easier to pickup a another in a shorter amount of time)

understand concepts in functional programming
like arguments, and return values, namespaces e.t.c

learn about oop concepts(oop:object oriented programming)
like classes, methods, inheritance, multiple inheritance, operator overloading, encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism, composition, delegation, e.t.c
( again the same everywhere regardless of language, and oop is used in almost anything software development)

then pickup a language that suits your needs,(you could continue with python, if you wanted, personally python does a lot for me, especially web dev and data science, even destop apps and it's even used for mobile apps(kivy) but i wouldn't go there, e don try grin grin)

if you want to learn to build mobile apps for ios, you'll have to learn swift

if you want to build desktop apps, java(javafx) or c++

if you want to do games programming, c++(unreal), c#(unity) or java(python is good too but for 2d games like tetris or space shooters)

for android development, android, kotlin or javascript(using ionic(a javascript framework for building mobile apps))

if you want to go into ai(artificial intelligence, datascience, deep learning, machine learning, data visualization, python all the way!!)

the point is different languages are better suited for different needs, if you want to learn web development (which is probably the most sought after field alongside mobile app dev), i'll advise you learn php and laravel, or c# and .net(dotnet) or java and spring(these are the most popular languages used in developing websites in nigeria, i believe nairaland is built using php also)

regardless of what you learn, you'll find that asides syntactical differences, the programming concepts i told you about earlier are more or less the same everywhere, of course you could also use one of those crash courses to get up to speed ( build a website in 30 minutes sort of course grin) , but you'll need to know those concepts on the long run if you want to really know what is happening in your code

this is a brief overview not a detailed guide to help launch your career as programmer, as you do your own personal research i hope you find more answers that make sense and are useful to you, i fear my speech here may have just bored/confused you grin grin

the best way to learn is to build something, always have a project your working on no matter how small, it could be a word count program when you're starting out, or a guessing game, or tic tac toe(X and O) e.t.c, the more you build the more you know, and there are times you'll get really bored, no motivation to go on (like this happens a lot), if you have an end goal in sight(maybe to build your own reddit or nairaland or jumia e.t.c or even your own word cookie or flappy birds) it helps a lot, you begin to search or ask questions in line with that goal and see more useful answers that motivate you to carry on....

by this time 2019 sha, i know say you go don gallant... grin grin goodluck

Kai wink grin.....English please, do you want to blow our head off with this your systematic english.....you wucked

Can we chat @the backyard, I don't want my village people to know what i'm up to
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Theultimate(m): 10:17am On Dec 29, 2018
@ BiafraBushBoy
If I may ask, what do you mean by Liquid Portfolios?
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Theultimate(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2018
BiafraBushBoy:
Now here is the trick...

The more skills you have, the more side hustles you can create, and the more streams of income you can have.

Does that sound interesting?

Let's get fired up for the new year.

Mobile App is a growing skill, it will make you so much money if you learn it...

Click here to learn it

What do you mean by Liquid Portfolios?
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by b5ive(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
Pls could u recomend a good n sound computer organisation/insititute I can enroll into in IBADAN, thats why I asked for your direct contact.......thanks
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

it all depends on you and what you're after..
if you intend to be a web developer, you can start with wordpress, i've never used wordpress before, so i can't say much about it, but it seems to get the work done

but if you intend to go deeper,

start with python, it's has very simple syntax and lets you focus most of your time on learning about programming not on individual lines of code
understand concepts in procedural programming:
like sequence, selection(if tests), repetiton(loops) (these concepts are the same regardless of language, thats why once you've become comfortable in one language, its relatively easier to pickup a another in a shorter amount of time)

understand concepts in functional programming
like arguments, and return values, namespaces e.t.c

learn about oop concepts(oop:object oriented programming)
like classes, methods, inheritance, multiple inheritance, operator overloading, encapsulation, abstraction, polymorphism, composition, delegation, e.t.c
( again the same everywhere regardless of language, and oop is used in almost anything software development)

then pickup a language that suits your needs,(you could continue with python, if you wanted, personally python does a lot for me, especially web dev and data science, even destop apps and it's even used for mobile apps(kivy) but i wouldn't go there, e don try grin grin)

if you want to learn to build mobile apps for ios, you'll have to learn swift

if you want to build desktop apps, java(javafx) or c++

if you want to do games programming, c++(unreal), c#(unity) or java(python is good too but for 2d games like tetris or space shooters)

for android development, android, kotlin or javascript(using ionic(a javascript framework for building mobile apps))

if you want to go into ai(artificial intelligence, datascience, deep learning, machine learning, data visualization, python all the way!!)

the point is different languages are better suited for different needs, if you want to learn web development (which is probably the most sought after field alongside mobile app dev), i'll advise you learn php and laravel, or c# and .net(dotnet) or java and spring(these are the most popular languages used in developing websites in nigeria, i believe nairaland is built using php also)

regardless of what you learn, you'll find that asides syntactical differences, the programming concepts i told you about earlier are more or less the same everywhere, of course you could also use one of those crash courses to get up to speed ( build a website in 30 minutes sort of course grin) , but you'll need to know those concepts on the long run if you want to really know what is happening in your code

this is a brief overview not a detailed guide to help launch your career as programmer, as you do your own personal research i hope you find more answers that make sense and are useful to you, i fear my speech here may have just bored/confused you grin grin

the best way to learn is to build something, always have a project your working on no matter how small, it could be a word count program when you're starting out, or a guessing game, or tic tac toe(X and O) e.t.c, the more you build the more you know, and there are times you'll get really bored, no motivation to go on (like this happens a lot), if you have an end goal in sight(maybe to build your own reddit or nairaland or jumia e.t.c or even your own word cookie or flappy birds) it helps a lot, you begin to search or ask questions in line with that goal and see more useful answers that motivate you to carry on....

by this time 2019 sha, i know say you go don gallant... grin grin goodluck
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
nkhay:

How do you mean?

Please ask him
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by holysaint1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lush100:
i invested into a business that sells and supplies PMS.

sir pls can you share more details about this biz of yours as am interested hence would love to know more about it.

if you dont mind, can you pm me ur digits lets have a lil chat about this as i am presently looking for a viable investment to put my hard earned money in.
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Xcore91: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
if you are in Oshogbo and want to learn programming you can contact Piforte academy www.Piforte.com we run free programming with the helps of andela, consonance hub fill free to qutoe me if interested
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Iamcute(m): 5:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
BiafraBushBoy:
Now here is the trick...

The more skills you have, the more side hustles you can create, and the more streams of income you can have.

Does that sound interesting?

Let's get fired up for the new year.

Mobile App is a growing skill, it will make you so much money if you learn it...

Click here to learn it

Graphic Design, is it same thing as Multimedia And Graphic Design please? Thanks
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamcute:

Graphic Design, is it same thing as Multimedia And Graphic Design please? Thanks

Yes it is
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Iamcute(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2019
BiafraBushBoy:

Yes it is
Gracias
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by p3kdudu(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4925758/1year-experience-fortunate-step-resources GNLD NEOLIFE FRAUD ALERT. #READ & #SHARE . #say_NO2_SCAM & INJUSTICE . come2019.
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by robertashworth(f): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2019
funmisticqueen:
THIS IS AN AWESOME POST, BUT MUST ALL MULTIPLE STREAMS BE IT RELATED?

I liked writing task at school only and I helped all my classmates at The College of Physical Sciences and Engineering. Without special education shocked, I began work with https://writingcreek.com/writing-jobs-online/ as a freelancer online. For the first time, I had written simple essays, but began to write more complicated texts after a short period. In length of time, I'd earned enough money for my family with my just born son Danny. It was hard times period with long days and nights 7 years ago. I'd read classic copywriting books and writing, writing, writing essays from one field only. It's my personal experience: a few theory and a huge bit of practice. You can make money not the heavy way like me if You have enthusiasm and really need (especially just need cry).
P.S. My lovely Books are: The Copywriter’s Handbook by Robert Bly; The AdWeek Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugarman; Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz; The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman; The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert; Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
P.P.S. It makes items on a list actually use when they teach you how to write well and interact with others as the subjects pertain to copywriting.
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by folash: 11:58pm On Jan 11, 2019
robertashworth:

I liked writing task at school only and I helped all my classmates at The College of Physical Sciences and Engineering. Without special education shocked, I began work with Writingscreeck.site as a freelancer online. For the first time, I had written simple essays, but began to write more complicated texts after a short period. In length of time, I'd earned enough money for my family with my just born son Danny. It was hard times period with long days and nights 7 years ago. I'd read classic copywriting books and writing, writing, writing essays from one field only. It's my personal experience: a few theory and a huge bit of practice. You can make money not the heavy way like me if You have enthusiasm and really need (especially just need cry).
P.S. My lovely Books are: The Copywriter’s Handbook by Robert Bly; The AdWeek Copywriting Handbook by Joseph Sugarman; Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz; The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman; The Boron Letters by Gary Halbert; Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
P.P.S. It makes items on a list actually use when they teach you how to write well and interact with others as the subjects pertain to copywriting.
Hi, kindly check your mail
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2019
kalex0:

please do you k ow anything about Amazon affiliate marketing

please reply ASAP

ccJaiyeOOI

I can setup an Amazon affiliate account for you check my signature if you are serious
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
b5ive:
Thanks for your advice man, I've started java programming1 with new horizon in Abuja. I had move back to Abuja due to some changes, d course as been very challenging but I'm very much determined to excel in these field.

This is beautiful, I'm happy you made the first step, hope it didn't set you back too much financially though as i heard their courses are relatively costlier than the rest, It is challenging no doubt, especially seeing as you're learning a strong and statically typed language as java, declaring and initializing variables, grin grin( we don't do that in python cool cool). Java code can be complicated but it has advantages especially the fact that its less prone to errors, you'll understand along the way.

Also keep up to date with openings for java developer jobs, use hotnigeriajobs or ask your instructors at the course for guides and tips and the next course of action.

Make sure you're prepared to learn on your own, you have no idea how much you'll need to learn on your own to stay relevant, for instance if you want to go into web development, unless you have money to keep churning out, you'll need to learn html and css and javascript, lets assume you have the money for it, but what of frontend javascript frameworks, like react and vue, i personally haven't seen online course that offer angular or react and redux, there's also stuff like redis, docker, and so many other technology that keep popping out every other day.

Besides the money, your time table might not always be flexible for those courses, you will need to find material online to do your own personal research, the field is growing every second, and you have to keep updating yourself.

read online tech articles, there's recode, theres hacker news, even quora, suscribe to tech and programming feeds/sections on quora..
Then stackoverflow, almighty stackoverflow grin grin grin, just know you can't do without it right now, you will come across crazy errors in your code, always check stackoverflow, there's a 90% chance someone has encountered the problem before you and it has been solved..
remember STACKOVERFLOW!!!!!

learn about git and version control, it helps in working collaboratively and maintaining your code, its another tool thats very important.
There's so much to learn but i promise you'll enjoy the journey if you're really dedicated..

Just make sure you learn to use the internet to update yourself and solve programming problems in general, a programming course is only the first step.

2 Likes

Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by b5ive(m): 12:33am On Apr 07, 2019
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate ur candid advice. Cheers....
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

This is beautiful, I'm happy you made the first step, hope it didn't set you back too much financially though as i heard their courses are relatively costlier than the rest, It is challenging no doubt, especially seeing as you're learning a strong and statically typed language as java, declaring and initializing variables, grin grin( we don't do that in python cool cool). Java code can be complicated but it has advantages especially the fact that its less prone to errors, you'll understand along the way.

Also keep up to date with openings for java developer jobs, use hotnigeriajobs or ask your instructors at the course for guides and tips and the next course of action.

Make sure you're prepared to learn on your own, you have no idea how much you'll need to learn on your own to stay relevant, for instance if you want to go into web development, unless you have money to keep churning out, you'll need to learn html and css and javascript, lets assume you have the money for it, but what of frontend javascript frameworks, like react and vue, i personally haven't seen online course that offer angular or react and redux, there's also stuff like redis, docker, and so many other technology that keep popping out every other day.

Besides the money, your time table might not always be flexible for those courses, you will need to find material online to do your own personal research, the field is growing every second, and you have to keep updating yourself.

read online tech articles, there's recode, theres hacker news, even quora, suscribe to tech and programming feeds/sections on quora..
Then stackoverflow, almighty stackoverflow grin grin grin, just know you can't do without it right now, you will come across crazy errors in your code, always check stackoverflow, there's a 90% chance someone has encountered the problem before you and it has been solved..

learn about git and version control, it helps in working collaboratively and maintaining your code, its another tool thats very important.
There's so much to learn but i promise you'll enjoy the journey if you're really dedicated..

Just make sure you learn to use the internet to update yourself and solve programming problems in general, a programming course is only the first step.
Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by b5ive(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2019
My intention is to venture into python after my java course. I beleive java syntax are more complicated compared to python, probably java would provide me a soft landing when I start python because thats(python)
is my main target....
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

Re: Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience by tmoney2471: 6:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
am so much interested in learning a skill.... Data Management precisely... would be happy to meet an expert here thanks...reach me with dis email.... ekekonye@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos) / When Is A Man Said To Be Successful / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.