Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. (2898 Views)

Can I Run Gta 5 Game On PC With 2gb Ram? / Help: How Do I Disable left Analog Control On Ps Vita / How To Play PSP Games On Pc With Gamepad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
I've been using these generic gamepads (those cheap chinese ones) on my PC for years and they've worked for me quite well. But every single one of them have used always had a problem. Their analog inputs (the left and right sticks) are very poor.

If you know about analog and digital inputs and you've used these kinds of pads, you'll understand what I mean. I remember playing God of War during the ps2 days. When I push only slightly on the left stick, Kratos walks slowly, and pushing the stick further, Kratos gradually transitions from walking to running. Kratos doesn't run at full speed until I've pushed the left stick all the way to the limit.

The problem with these generic pads is that pushing the stick just halfway already makes your character to run at full speed. Sometimes, you can't even make your character walk. The analog is almost digital and becomes pointless. Also, these gamepads don't have analog triggers (L2, R2). They are completely digital unlike the ones in xbox 360 and ps3 controllers.

I need recommendations from people that use controllers with good analog inputs on their pc. I don't want to use the Xbox 360 controller because I prefer the PS layout. What I have in mind is the Ps3 controller. Is there anyone that uses that on their pc? Thanks.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by GameGod(m): 1:27am On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

What pad do you use? I'm using one of those generic pads but I don't like them anymore because of the bad analog. I need one with good analog inputs. https://www.nairaland.com/4928382/looking-affordable-gamepads-pc-correct
You not alone bro grin -------> LucemFerre https://www.nairaland.com/4894047/not-buy-xbox-360-wired

All those 3 to 5k generic pads (Xbox, pc, PS) don't last. I'm using the original PS4 controller.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by LucemFerre: 4:32am On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

You not alone bro grin -------> LucemFerr https://www.nairaland.com/4894047/not-buy-xbox-360-wired

All those 3 to 5k generic pads (Xbox, pc, PS) don't last. I'm using the original PS4 controller.
Lol cheesy
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by LucemFerre: 4:34am On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

I hear the PS4 controllers are very good and they last. But they're not plug-n-play
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by davo90tico(m): 6:28am On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

You not alone bro grin -------> LucemFerre https://www.nairaland.com/4894047/not-buy-xbox-360-wired

For PC? How??
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by crafteck(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2018
You are in need of quality and you put affordable in d sentence.... I won't even answer

2 Likes

Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 11:46am On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

I'm done with those generic controllers. It's not that they don't last, the controls are just whack. The PS4 pad is more than what I need. That trackpad and the lightbar will be useless for me, so I don't want to pay extra for that. The ps3 pad (or something similar) is just perfect for what I need. Good analog sticks and analog triggers. So I guess I'll be getting that.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

Do you use those trackpads in your pc games?
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 11:50am On Dec 29, 2018
LucemFerre:

I hear the PS4 controllers are very good and they last. But they're not plug-n-play
Yeah. I've read up on how to configure it. As long as its a one time thing, it's okay. What about ps3 controllers? I'm more interested in those. Do they last?
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 11:52am On Dec 29, 2018
crafteck:
You are in need of quality and you put affordable in d sentence.... I won't even answer
Lol....I need quality but I don't want to break my pocket yet this festive period. cheesy
Please tell me what you think.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by LucemFerre: 11:55am On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

Yeah. I've read up on how to configure it. As long as its a one time thing, it's okay. What about ps3 controllers? I'm more interested in those. Do they last?

I hear they do last also... Though i haven't used any of them. The joystick position on XBox controllers are better for me.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by crafteck(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

Lol....I need quality but I don't want to break my pocket yet this festive period. cheesy
Please tell me what you think.
get xbox1 controller like 12k,it would last years
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
crafteck:
get xbox1 controller like 12k,it would last years
I don't want an xbox pad. I mentioned I want a pad with the play station layout. I'm more used to those and find them more comfortable.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by crafteck(m): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

I don't want an xbox pad. I mentioned I want a pad with the play station layout. I'm more used to those and find them more comfortable.

Ps4 pad then, just install steam but in the long run it won't pay cos a lot of games might still need U looking down for d buttons
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
crafteck:

Ps4 pad then, just install steam but in the long run it won't pay cos a lot of games might still need U looking down for d buttons
You mean looking at the pad to find which button to press? I don't think so. I've been accustomed to pads with ps look for years. And I know the Xbox equivalent of each button.

What advantage does the ps4 pad have over the ps3, besides the trackpad and lightbar?
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 12:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
LucemFerre:

I hear they do last also... Though i haven't used any of them. The joystick position on XBox controllers are better for me.
Precisely what I don't like about the Xbox controllers is the placement of the joystick. I also don't like the fatness of the grips.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by LucemFerre: 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

Precisely what I don't like about the Xbox controllers is the placement of the joystick. I also don't like the fatness of the grips.

Hehe... Fair enough
Nigerians use D-pad most, and i can't for the life of me understand why. Analog is freakin priceless.

Just like some genius puts it in one of the forums... Games back in the days use D-pads because it would only operate 2D games. For 3D games however, analogs are miles better.
The more frequently used directional buttons should be placed in line with the buttons because it's more comfortable. That was why Nintendo switch made the turn with XBox. But, Sony and PS fans are freakin sturbbon so, i don't expect them to accept that it is more logical to place the analog above the D-pad.

But, I'm just saying man... Do you
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by GameGod(m): 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
davo90tico:

For PC? How??
With Bluetooth, no extra software is needed.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
LucemFerre:

Hehe... Fair enough
Nigerians use D-pad most, and i can't for the life of me understand why. Analog is freakin priceless.

Just like some genius puts it in one of the forums... Games back in the days use D-pads because it would only operate 2D games. For 3D games however, analogs are miles better.
The more frequently used directional buttons should be placed in line with the buttons because it's more comfortable. That was why Nintendo switch made the turn with XBox. But, Sony and PS fans are freakin sturbbon so, i don't expect them to accept that it is more logical to place the analog above the D-pad.

But, I'm just saying man... Do you
Do I use the d-pad to control my characters? Nah, man. That is just a waste. The reason I opened this thread in the first place is because I treasure the analog sticks. Modern games do not even allow you to control your character with d-pad. The point of the analog sticks being analog is to give more control to the movement of your character. Most 3rd person games allow you to vary the movement speed of your character with the analog.

I agree. The position of the analog stick in the Xbox is exactly where it should be, parallel with the action buttons. It's more intuitive especially with 3rd person games. But I've become too used with the PS pad layout, and switching to Xbox might take some getting used to.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by davo90tico(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

Pls give me ur contact I have so many questions that need answers
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

You use ps4 pad for pc games without extra software? I read online that you need ds4windows or something.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by LucemFerre: 1:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

But I've become too used with the PS pad layout, and switching to Xbox might take some getting used to.

Yea... tell me about it cheesy took me some couple of ass whoopings to get used to it.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by GameGod(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

Do you use those trackpads in your pc games?
Yeah i do, touchpad & motion controls works perfectly on PC.

MasterPDON:

I'm done with those generic controllers. It's not that they don't last, the controls are just whack. The PS4 pad is more than what I need. That trackpad and the lightbar will be useless for me, so I don't want to pay extra for that. The ps3 pad (or something similar) is just perfect for what I need. Good analog sticks and analog triggers. So I guess I'll be getting that.
Alright cool go for the PS3 pad & give us review afterwards. But for me, i rather stick with the original (follow come) ps4 pad because ps4 controllers were designed to last a whole generation under normal usage.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by GameGod(m): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

You use ps4 pad for pc games without extra software? I read online that you need ds4windows or something.
Ds4windows is for those that want to use motions controls & touchpad, but if you don't need motions & touchpad features then Bluetooth connection is just fine.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by GameGod(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
davo90tico:

Pls give me ur contact I have so many questions that need answers
I've your number I'll contact you bro wink
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
GameGod:

Yeah i do, touchpad & motion controls works perfectly on PC.
Wow, cool. What games have you played that utilized the touchpad and gyroscope? And in what way?
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by crafteck(m): 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

You mean looking at the pad to find which button to press? I don't think so. I've been accustomed to pads with ps look for years. And I know the Xbox equivalent of each button.

What advantage does the ps4 pad have over the ps3, besides the trackpad and lightbar?

Durability.. I run a game center so this matters a lot
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by LucemFerre: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
Listen to him o... If he tells me to soak my console inside water overnight, i won't hesitate
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by GameGod(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
MasterPDON:

Wow, cool. What games have you played that utilized the touchpad and gyroscope? And in what way?
Touchpad: wwe2k19, nba2k19, assassins Creed 4 and for the gyroscope, I once used it in a racing game (can't remember the game, but i think it's forza horizon). The touchpad doesn't worth it. I still don't understand why PS4 Controllers are so ridiculously expensive, maybe it's because of the durability and the premium finish.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 8:17am On Dec 30, 2018
crafteck:

Durability.. I run a game center so this matters a lot
I see.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2018
LucemFerre:
Listen to him o... If he tells me to soak my console inside water overnight, i won't hesitate
Lol.... Okay. Looks like I'll opt for the ps4 pad.
Re: Looking For Affordable Gamepads For Pc With CORRECT Analog Input. by MasterPDON: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2018
GameGod:

Touchpad: wwe2k19, nba2k19, assassins Creed 4 and for the gyroscope, I once used it in a racing game (can't remember the game, but i think it's forza horizon). The touchpad doesn't worth it. I still don't understand why PS4 Controllers are so ridiculously expensive, maybe it's because of the durability and the premium finish.
I see. Thanks. I'll do some research and if I see that there are enough games using the touchpad and gyroscope, I'll get the ps4.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Good Tekken Players / Table Tennis And Snooker Court: Who Knows The Price / Changing Thermal Paste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.