Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Tales Of A Libyan Returnee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tales Of A Libyan Returnee (767 Views)

More Than 60 Dead Off Libyan Coast In Latest Migrant Tragedy / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of A Libyan Returnee by Emperor2463(m): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2018
This story is as told by a female Libyan returnee who is a BV......If you are thinking of going to Libya,please read her column until it ends..

This is the debut and will be updated with new posts as often as she sends in....

Sit tight and enjoy!!!!

She says.....

''I want to share my story because Psychologists are expensive and my rebirth won't be possible without offloading my ordeals. For now, I will remain anonymous because of people who play Judge with other peoples stories......

My Libyan Journey through the Sahara desert started on 17th of April, 2015. It was a bright morning as our bus took off from Mile 12 in Lagos to
Kano, I was in company of 2 other girls and a male burga who guided us through the Journey.....

The journey was smooth as the bus was filled with other travellers heading to either Europe or Libya, we chatted about Nigerian economy and how it was difficult to survive as youths.

We arrived Kano the following day. We freshened up, had our breakfast and prepared for the next phase of the deadliest trip ever.

Our next Journey was from Kano to Zindel, and we waited approximately 8hours before the damaged 14 sitter bus that was to convene over 30 passengers arrived. At about 10pm, we were squeezed into the bus and it was difficult to move an inch talk more of sleeping, we journeyed through the night with fear and prayers until we got to Zindel, It was overwhelming for us and most people started having second thoughts, We met more people in Zindel so we decided to push forward, We slept in an uncompleted building for 2 days, fed on spaghetti and garri but that was nothing because of the bright future that awaited us....or so we thought!

On the day we were to move from Zindel to Agadez, we were all ready and anticipating for the arrival of our bus, around noon, bikers rode in and we were asked to climb the bike, A lady asked where we were going and the response was that the bike will take us across the border, I was like did you just say bike? The response was, Yes! Bike.

The Journey on the bike was very horrifying and adventurous, I was lucky to sit between the rider and a fellow Traveller and it took us more than 2 hours of falling, avoiding check points and screaming until we got to Agadez.

Agadez was the place we met our connection man, he was in charge of our trip to Libya, we quickly settled down and arranged for food and luckily the
man offered us Semovita and Soup.....
The following day saw us waking up in the camp, We met lots of travellers there looking tattered and hungry, we got to know their connection man was demanding extra cash and they Were either hustling or controlling more cash from Nigeria, we were happy because all our fees were cleared by our 'Sponsors' in Libya...

We spent 3 more days in camp chatting, praying and looking unto the future Libya had for us.
On the day of our Journey from Agadez, we were rudely woken up, our connection man kept shouting that we should board the Hilux and move. Hilux? I questioned, the male burger answered Yes; that's the only car that can travel across the desert, we the ladies were the first to board, totally squeezed
and hard to move, followed by the men who sat on the edge and held unto sticks that were tied to the vehicle. We immediately reached out for our bags to be given to us but breaking news, All big bags would stay in Agadez and only people with small bags are lucky to have their bags thrown at them.

A fellow traveller asked, What happen to our food? How do we feed on the road? The answer was heart breaking.......''

http://legitnewsblog..com/2018/12/tales-of-libyan-returneepart-one.html

Re: Tales Of A Libyan Returnee by Kenekingisback: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
Lies

(1) (Reply)

Musician, Alariwo of Africa shares photo of a commercial plane Tyre in Nigeria / Please Any Genuine Info On Getting Kuwait Visa Want To Travel There / A Day In A Paradise Beach Of Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.