Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera (1361 Views)

Which Android Phone Camera Can Be Compared To Iphone Camera / Unbelievable Things Your Phone Camera Can Do Instead Of Only Pictures / Best Phone Camera For Make Up Artist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by Veiniously: 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
i just bought itel s13 with two rear camera 5+5mp ( my first time to use double rear camera) but seems like only the rear camera at the right do the job what is the function of the left one?
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by HazardAwka(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2018
Maybe portrait mode, is the front camera very sharp?
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
different lenses have their functions, huawei's camera setup is one main wide angle lens, one telephoto lens, one monochrome lens
Notice that the diff. Lenses have diff aperture size, but if u dont understand all these just know that the diff. Camera helps u to take wide angle pictures,be a depht sensor for face id and the rest!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by oxygenlove(m): 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2018
itel dual camera.....the other lens na plastic jo... break it and see for ursef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by hyuga(m): 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
For itel phone, I don't think the other functions. I may be wrong tho angry

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by Veiniously: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
hyuga:
For itel phone, I don't think the other functions. I may be wrong tho angry
hahahaha
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by Veiniously: 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2018
HazardAwka:
Maybe portrait mode, is the front camera very sharp?
front camera is okay 13mp single lens
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by mummyson26(m): 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
oxygenlove:
itel dual camera.....the other lens na plastic jo... break it and see for ursef

Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by hyuga(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
Veiniously:

hahahaha
Person no fit expect phone of that price to sport such hardware. Even their single camera phones wey dey more expensive Na wash talk more of the cheaper dual camera models. Scam everywhere bro
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by rainmaker12(m): 1:20am On Dec 29, 2018
Dedicated function on each camera. More like you need a tweeter, woofer and subwoofer for sound. One object can not do two things perfectly compared to doing just one function. Most common uses are:

1 wide angle, 1 telephoto.
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:49am On Dec 29, 2018
rainmaker12:
Dedicated function on each camera. More like you need a tweeter, woofer and subwoofer for sound. One object can not do two things perfectly compared to doing just one function. Most common uses are:

1 wide angle, 1 telephoto.
Oga which phone re you talking about?
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by MeshachMARTINS(m): 4:53am On Dec 29, 2018
Veiniously:
i just bought itel s13 with two rear camera 5+5mp ( my first time to use double rear camera) but seems like only the rear camera at the right do the job what is the function of the left one?
see ehn ,the second camera is just for design and marketing, there is nothing there, so don't think you re using two rear cameras ,its just one, and for d front camera ........I will say its just a 5mp interpolated to 13mp by software..

.what do I know sef
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by HazardAwka(m): 7:34am On Dec 29, 2018
Veiniously:
front camera is okay 13mp single lens
Okay
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by femi4: 7:36am On Dec 29, 2018
Veiniously:
Auto focus
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by rainmaker12(m): 11:48am On Dec 29, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

Oga which phone re you talking about?
My example using sound explains why dedicated drivers are needed to achieve quality output.

"Sound".... Your stereo in car, home theatre at home uses dedicated audio driver.....tweeter, woofer and subwoofer to produce high-end sounds. One for high, mid and low frequencies.

A single audio driver can not play those frequencies accurately, hence the need for dedicated drivers. Tweeter = high frequencies. Woofer = mid. Subwoofer = Low.

Combine all playing at the same time, you get a rich sound production.

Therefore, similar technique is used for phone cameras. Depending on the focus of the manufacturer, one camera can be dedicated for

Optical zoom
Wide angle
Telephoto
Large aperture
Small aperture
Portrait
Bokeh effect.....etc

The manufacturer can pick any major features and implement on their cameras.
We currently have phones with 4 rear cameras. There are also rumours of 5 cameras coming out 2019.

Though i only see 'wide angle' and 'optical zoom' as necessary, the rest can be tweaked with software. Google pixel has one camera and still the best camera on a phone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
rainmaker12:

My example using sound explains why dedicated drivers are needed to achieve quality output.

"Sound".... Your stereo in car, home theatre at home uses dedicated audio driver.....tweeter, woofer and subwoofer to produce high-end sounds. One for high, mid and low frequencies.

A single audio driver can not play those frequencies accurately, hence the need for dedicated drivers. Tweeter = high frequencies. Woofer = mid. Subwoofer = Low.

Combine all playing at the same time, you get a rich sound production.

Therefore, similar technique is used for phone cameras. Depending on the focus of the manufacturer, one camera can be dedicated for

Optical zoom
Wide angle
Telephoto
Large aperture
Small aperture
Portrait
Bokeh effect.....etc

The manufacturer can pick any major features and implement on their cameras.
We currently have phones with 4 rear cameras. There are also rumours of 5 cameras coming out 2019.

Though i only see 'wide angle' and 'optical zoom' as necessary, the rest can be tweaked with software. Google pixel has one camera and still the best camera on a phone.

Sir I know about all what you've said... But they re talking about itel here not google huawei and others that's why I asked what phone you talking about
Re: Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera by rainmaker12(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

Sir I know about all what you've said... But they re talking about itel here not google huawei and others that's why I asked what phone you talking about
I'm responding to the title of the thread

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Quick Loan On 9mobile Without Collateral With Kwicash / Itel P33: Unboxing And First Impression Of The New Power Hero / Google Pixel 2 Xl For Sale Or Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.