Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,800 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Chesea Legend Set To Be Handed Managerial Job At Stamford Brigde - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chesea Legend Set To Be Handed Managerial Job At Stamford Brigde (349 Views)

Frank Lampard Offered Everton Managerial Job To Replace Rafael Benitez / Arsene Wenger To Be Offered Bayern Munich Managerial Job Till End Of Season / Xavi Wins First Title In His Managerial Career With Qatar Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chesea Legend Set To Be Handed Managerial Job At Stamford Brigde by Jerryembassy91(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
Joe Cole set to be handed managerial duties by Chelsea few months after retiring from professional football
The 37-year-old won three EPL titles in his seven year reign at Stamford Bridge

Cole is excited about the idea and feels he has a lot to offer as a coach

Premier league giants Chelsea are reportedly planning to name former attacker Jose Cole new coach of their prestigious youth academy.
The former England international spent seven seasons at the Stamford Bridge where 28 goals in 128 appearances for the Blues and won three EPL titles among other domestic prizes.
According to SunSport, the 37-year-old, who ended his football career sometime this year at Tampa Bay Rowdies is expected to gain experience with this assignment. Before being considered for a bigger role at the club next season.
The publication also revealed that Chelsea have produced a number young talents and coaches with the likes of Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers and Frank Lampard's No2 at Derby, Jody Morris, both excelling at the top level.
The Blues' Under-18s have won the last five FA Youth Cups and have twice claimed the new UEFA Youth League.

He said: "One day I would like to be part of the coaching staff, in what capacity I don’t know. But when you’re part of a club like this, you don’t want to let it go.
"Hopefully it will be a lifetime relationship."

Cole's ex-England team-mates Lampard and Steven Gerrard are both impressing at Derby and Rangers respectively and the Chelsea legend will be hoping to get his own opportunity in the near future.
After hanging up his boots, he said: "Looking to the future, I want to stay involved in the game.
"I feel I can offer a lot as a coach and have really enjoyed the opportunity to undertake some of these duties with the Rowdies.

To lend my experience to help other young footballers achieve their dreams, just like I did, is a big passion of mine."

Cole won three Premier League titles, two FA Cups and the League Cup in seven years at Chelsea.
He wrote the post at Instagram in which thanked ‘countless people have helped’ him through that path.

“My favourite thing about being a professional footballer was the feeling you enjoy after coming back into the dressing room after a win.
"It will be difficult to replicate that but I'll always remember all of my former team-mates who I shared that experience with.”

Source: https://www.legit.ng/1212240-chelsea-set-legend-joe-cole-academy-manager.html

Cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

(1) (Reply)

Roger Federer And Serena Williams Take Selfies After Hopman Cup Clash(Photos) / La Liga Beckons For Eric Bailly's Return / 2 Odds Only WON Ystday.. 1 Voided.. Try This With Positive Mind 2 & 5 ODDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.