Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me (25552 Views)

UNICAL Level 100 Student Collapse And Die Inside Campus [photos] / Help: My Family Wants Me To Study Law But I Don't Want To / Meet Yaashwin Sarawanan Malaysian Human Calculator On Asia's Got Talent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by franchasng: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you so much. I don't drink or smoke or bet. And about the Germany, I recently discovered that they have one of the cheapest schools in the world and I have been trying to apply buh things don't look so good for now. Not financial problem, buh my brother who is sponsoring me keeps telling to do my degree in Nigeria and then I can do my PGD in outside countries
I am seeing this late cry

South Korea just ended their annual global scholarship to smart teenagers like you to study in South Korea all expense paid, gosh! You would have gotten it, jeez.

And I wanted to post it here but got discouraged by Nairaland moderators bias attitude towards pushing threads to front page cos I have created some informative threads here and none got moved to FP for people to see, reason I don't share such info here.

I feel so bad. You need a foreign education asap to sustain your intellectual ability because I was just like you while growing up, but all my efforts to get admission into MIT USA failed and I ended up in Naija schools, if not I ought to have invented things cry

You don't need money, you need information.

Anyway, prepare ahead now, I pray South Korea offer that scholarship again next year, please mention me around August.

Meanwhile, I think I will like to be your mentor. Where in Osun do you reside

Have you enrolled in any computer training course

You need to start learning coding and programming online using YouTube and google.

Google: basic programming for dummies and start studying it asap, don't wait, don't waste time.

You must invest most of your time online researching and reading; are you listening to me

Avoid any dating, betting, music or movie site for now. Focus on research and reading, especially coding and programming. You need materials on basic coding and programming using simple HTML, Java, etc.

Lastly, who told you to go for Pharmacy, its the wrong course for you, gosh!

If you will go abroad to further your studies, you must change that course asap!

You need to study software engineering, cyber security or the likes but best is software engineering

21 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by budaatum: 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you so much. I don't drink or smoke or bet. And about the Germany, I recently discovered that they have one of the cheapest schools in the world and I have been trying to apply buh things don't look so good for now. Not financial problem, buh my brother who is sponsoring me keeps telling to do my degree in Nigeria and then I can do my PGD in outside countries
That's good advise from your brother. A skill like you have would only develop further and might even become one that makes you able to create drugs that cure diseases that no one has yet found a cure for. Don't despair. Know that you have only just begun a journey of a thousand steps.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Martinez19(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
xcelentattitude:

Pls, can you help me with this book. I'm into mathematics as well, maybe I can learn a thing or two therein. Here is my WhatsApp no: 09034140534 or email adebayoraphael1995@gmail.com. Thanks

Get the following books:
1) Algebra and trigonometry by Michael Sullivan.
2) Pre-calculus by Ron Larson and Robert Hostetlar.
3) Calculus (the book from which the picture I gave comes from) by Ron Larson, Bruce Edwards and Robert Hostetlar.

Google their pdfs and you get a link to download them. That's how I got them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
franchasng:

South Korea just ended their annual global scholarship to smart teenagers like you to study in South Korea all expense paid, gosh! You would have gotten it, jeez.

And I wanted to post it here but got discouraged by Nairaland moderators bias attitude towards pushing threads to front page cos I have created some informative threads here and none got moved to FP for people to see, reason I don't share such info here.

I feel so bad. You need a foreign education asap to sustain your intellectual ability because I was just like you while growing up, but all my efforts to get admission into MIT USA failed and I ended up in Naija schools, if not I ought to have invented things cry

Anyway, prepare ahead now, I pray South Korea offer that scholarship again next year, please mention me around August.

You need to start learning coding and programming online using YouTube and google.

Google: basic programming for dummies and start studying it asap, don't wait, don't waste time.

You must invest most of your time online researching and reading; are you listening to me

Avoid any dating, betting, music or movie site for now. Focus on research and reading, especially coding and programming. You need materials on basic coding and programming using simple HTML, Java, etc.

If you will go abroad to further your studies, you must change that course asap!

You need to study software engineering, cyber security or the likes but best is software engineering
Op follow this advice you really need it. It would help for you to write the SATS too and apply to schools in the USA. You could get a full scholarship at a mid tier school with your profile and if you get good marks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by urahara(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lalasticlala , shouldn't this be at the front page

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by yasolan(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
chloride6:

Sorry to burst your bubble that's not a great skill.

I wouldn't hire someone just because he can calculate large numbers.

A great skill would be an astonishing understanding of mathematical theory.

Unless you can solve real life problems with that skill then ....

Dont get distracted.....

Just shut up, he never said he needed a job because he can calculate large numbers, he wants help that's why he came here
How he can apply it, how he can make it better and Improve himself. Bad belle.
Can you even multiply 2 and 4. undecided

21 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by chloride6: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
yasolan:

Just shut up, he never said he needed a job because he can calculate large numbers, he wants help that's why he came here
How he can apply it, how he can make it better and Improve himself. Bad belle.
Can you even multiply 2 and 4. undecided

I have a friend that can memorize all the anything he sees at an instant...

You need to see him in action....

But it nearly finished him...because of praise singers like you ....

OP, dont be distracted...

4 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Mrceragem: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
Chidorx60:
omg,guy I am an authority when it comes to issues that deal with intellectual abilities, not that I have your type of gifts anyway but I know exactly who or rather what you are.

you have a very rare double savant combination I can tell you more of it if you want.send me your facebook name let me add you up.

one other issue is your course of study,let's talk about that privately
We learn everyday
Savant syndrome
"Savant" redirects here. For other uses, see Savant (disambiguation).
Savant syndrome is a condition in which someone with significant mental disabilities demonstrates certain abilities far in excess of average.[1][2] The skills at which savants excel are generally related to memory.[1] This may include rapid calculation, artistic ability, map making, or musical ability.[1] Usually just one special skill is present.[1]

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by grandstar(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Herlertah:
Hello Nairalanders, Lol, never thought I would one day post anything on Nairaland. I used to come here just to read news and funny comments by you guys. People like simplykush grin. kiss

Before I go further, I will forever be in debt of the mods if they can pls let this reach front page.

My name (nickname actually) is Herlertah, 18, graduated from secondary school last year with 4 distinctions and 4Bs in WAEC and prospective student of OAU pharmacy (got 281 in jamb but still waiting on that slow school)

I decided to discuss a very important thing with you guys as I know we have many intelligent guys here who, as I have witnessed, have helped many people here.

I discovered when I was in Jss classes that I have the ability to multiply, divide, add and of course, subtract numbers (even big ones, I mean very big ones) without using calculator within a short time or no time at all!!

I am very also very good in squaring numbers within twinkle of an eye, just like, Scott flansburg.
I can find the square of 98765 within 10 seconds with my brain. I know the factor of ever number from 1-more than 10,000 or even more (don't know my limit). I once found the 3^40 and got 12157665459056928801with my head (took me few mins though). It's the longest record I have for now.

I also have the ability to know on what day of the week a date falls, I mean any date, whether past or future. Like asking me on what day of the week June 3rd, 2065 will fall and I will tell you that it's gonna be Wednesday.

I have known this for a while, buh where I am living here in Osun State, its hardly recognised. Although, I was given A MacBook upon from graduation from sec school mainly because of this ability of mine. Still I need help, I want to show this to the world, I want to make the country proud. I can do much more and I don't even know how I am able to do it. Although, I work them in my head buh in a rapid manner.

Thank you as you help with your invaluable comment. My WhatsApp number is 08130284420 if you think am lying. We can chat and I can prove in whatever way I can

Thank you!!!

If true, I'll advise you to set up a Youtube channel with a very catchy name related to your talent

Start churning out videos where people will ask you random tough maths questions and you give answers

You can monetize it by going to clickbank and register You then find a maths textbook you can market as an affiliate and earn commissions from it

You can also contact big time comedians like AY and ask to be on their show. You can do it for free initially and as you start getting popular you could charge for it. Most importantly it will give you the publicity you need and you may find the right connections to a uni abroad etc. The sky is the limit

Or best apply for scholarships overseas including videos showing your maths proficiency. This could wow them especially US universities. Apply to as many as possible

And please I want to plead with me, forget about making the country proud. Remove sentiments from this. Just work on attaining the best for yourself and other things will fall in place

The opportunity to build your skill to its limit does not exist here.

Google "genius" on Youtube and watch videos

10 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
franchasng:

Iwo
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
franchasng:

Iwo. Thanks for this
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
Martinez19:
You should have studied mathematics/physics and supplemented it programming. I am very very proficient in mathematics(not as intelligent as you but the understanding of mathematical concepts comes naturally) but parental pressure forced me to apply for medicine and surgery --- worst mistake grin. In fact here is a page of the book I am currently studying. I am at the last chapter(from November till now, this will be the third voluminous maths book I am finishing thanks to ASUU strike) grin

Use the medicine to expand your knowledge and with your skills, you can come up with strategies to memorise tough anatomical, physiological and Biochemical concepts. Later, with your passion for maths, if you channel it into programming, you can end up making medical apps and softwares.

5 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Herlertah(m): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
MobileGees:
Herlertah if you're interested let's talk, I have a lot business opportunities for people with your talent

number is 08130284420
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Reload101: 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Do something good about it
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by urahara(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
Herlertah:
Hello Nairalanders, Lol, never thought I would one day post anything on Nairaland. I used to come here just to read news and funny comments by you guys. People like simplykush grin. kiss

Before I go further, I will forever be in debt of the mods if they can pls let this reach front page.

My name (nickname actually) is Herlertah, 18, graduated from secondary school last year with 4 distinctions and 4Bs in WAEC and prospective student of OAU pharmacy (got 281 in jamb but still waiting on that slow school)

I decided to discuss a very important thing with you guys as I know we have many intelligent guys here who, as I have witnessed, have helped many people here.

I discovered when I was in Jss classes that I have the ability to multiply, divide, add and of course, subtract numbers (even big ones, I mean very big ones) without using calculator within a short time or no time at all!!

I am very also very good in squaring numbers within twinkle of an eye, just like, Scott flansburg.
I can find the square of 98765 within 10 seconds with my brain. I know the factor of ever number from 1-more than 10,000 or even more (don't know my limit). I once found the 3^40 and got 12157665459056928801with my head (took me few mins though). It's the longest record I have for now.

I also have the ability to know on what day of the week a date falls, I mean any date, whether past or future. Like asking me on what day of the week June 3rd, 2065 will fall and I will tell you that it's gonna be Wednesday.

I have known this for a while, buh where I am living here in Osun State, its hardly recognised. Although, I was given A MacBook upon from graduation from sec school mainly because of this ability of mine. Still I need help, I want to show this to the world, I want to make the country proud. I can do much more and I don't even know how I am able to do it. Although, I work them in my head buh in a rapid manner.

Thank you as you help with your invaluable comment. My WhatsApp number is 08130284420 if you think am lying. We can chat and I can prove in whatever way I can

Thank you!!!

See someone like you

https://www.nairaland.com/2295286/nigerian-human-calculator-promise-akpere
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by gememerald(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
I think you should channel this gift into programming and see if it interests you. As we speak there are couple of problems which no exact solutions have been gotten for them, problems like NP-hard problems etc. if you are able to use your gift in solving these problems you could get the attention you want.

Google search for: project euler, hackerrank, hackerearth, topcoder algorithm, spoj, codility etc. They are platforms where you can compete and earn reputation and probably connect with some of the big companies in the world. Also, watch out for Google code Jam that's a beast of a competition too.

I think programming can help you explore the things you can do with the ability, then it's left for you to narrow it down to any that interests you most.

See you at the top man!

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by imustsaymymindo: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Try learning statistical modelling. Also, data analytics. With your number skills, you would find it interesting.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by PurestBoy(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
chloride6:

Sorry to burst your bubble that's not a great skill.

I wouldn't hire someone just because he can calculate large numbers.

A great skill would be an astonishing understanding of mathematical theory.

Unless you can solve real life problems with that skill then ....

Dont get distracted.....

What's your own skills and how much do you know about chlorides sef?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Jackossky(m): 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
Truth be told, I haven't met one like you. I was thinking I had a sharp brain until you posted this and without withholding any lies, I felt it was faux.
Now, this is me assuming it's true.
To improve, start giving yourself task, start raising the bar higher. Why did I say I 'have' a sharp brain? Jeez, I could tell you the resultant of 50 * 30 within two seconds... I could say the sum of 7 and 5 without thinking. I was seen as a prodigy but now, the ecstasy and passion has become recumbent( Na money I dey find oo no be say book sef dey sweet me - Erigga).
Anyway, this is what I will tell you. Whatever you are doing, keep on doing it, don't let go, surround yourself with friends of superb intellectual prowess and take the useful advice my elders at the top gave... See you at the beaches of life

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by chloride6: 11:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
PurestBoy:

What's your own skills and how much do you know about chlorides sef?

Lol chloride is just a username

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by PurestBoy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
chloride6:

Lol chloride is just a username

Ain't you a Chemist? As in a good student of chemistry?
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by chloride6: 12:00am On Dec 30, 2018
PurestBoy:

Ain't you a Chemist? As in a good student of chemistry?

Nope i'm not a chemist ....

I used to love chemistry though

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by PurestBoy(m): 12:10am On Dec 30, 2018
chloride6:

Nope i'm not a chemist ....

I used to love chemistry though

Ok, I thought we're one. No p
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by leonard002(m): 12:41am On Dec 30, 2018
Open a YouTube channel asap and start performing!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by SmartMindsFx: 1:03am On Dec 30, 2018
Bro whatever talent you have. There are millions of people scattered all over the world who have same talent as you. Just Google search such people to know how they use such talent and you can build on the their style.

Google and Youtube are my recommendations.....
I hope I made small sense

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by leomarz007: 6:38am On Dec 30, 2018
femi4:
Go and represent Nig in mental calculation world cup

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_Calculation_World_Cup
i share in this idea too
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Ibime(m): 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you as you help with your invaluable comment.

Thank you!!!

Go and study Maths. Pharmacy is a waste of your talents. You could easily find yourself going abroad for Masters/PHD with your talent. You sound like someone primed for a career in academia as a Maths lecturer/professor eventually.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by TemmyT002(m): 1:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
I hope you find a medium to showcase your talents. Use it to make money for yourself.
You could ask comedians or popular Instagram people to feature you.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by Evangkatsoulis: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Thank you as you help with your invaluable comment.

Thank you!!!

You are just a mental calculator. Relax. It doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever, unless you want to go into trading(calculators will still do).
Before computers mental calculators were used to multiply large numbers like finding the 23rd root of a 504 digit number in less than 1 minute, but today we have no need for them.
Just focus on your pharmacy.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by KingThreatzz: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Do exemplary in exams. You will go far.
Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by airsaylongcon: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

A brother that is telling you of PGD is not a brother. Flee from him. Can you imagine? PGD o, not masters or PhD?! Runaway from him

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me by InSanety: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
Herlertah:

Oh, I don't use Facebook. But I don't know if we can chat up on WhatsApp 08130284420
i know it's not very popular in Nigeria, but you can ask a friend to help make a video of you adding up numbers and doing the whole square root thing.

Maybe a video where you are timed and you answer questions in record time, then you can post it online and hope it goes viral. It's one way for people to find you.

People prefer to see what you can do, rather than hear of it. So, if you can, give a practical example by answering random questions thrown at you, then send the videos to online platforms like Instablog9ja and basically any page with an outreach.

You might be an introvert and may be reluctant to try this out, but no one ever got far without leaving their comfort zone.

Just try it out and you might find people interested in you. Indeed you are talented and you must ensure it does not die off in a nation that has no regard for geniuses

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ABSU vs MOUAU: Hilarious Tweets!! ! / Naughty Things You Did In Primary School / 7 "Downsides" Of Being A First Class Graduate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.