Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman (17923 Views)

Forced Marriage: Rumasau Muhammed Allegedly Stabs Husband To Death In Adamawa / Court Stops Ondo 16-Year-Old Girl Forced Marriage To Islamic Cleric As 9th Wife / Man Arrested By NAPTIP For Locking Up His Daughter For Rejecting Forced Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by enunlewa: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2018
A Mapo Customary Court, on Friday in Ibadan, Oyo State, diss8olved a 10-year-old union between one Omowumi Lamidi and Mukaila Lamidi, following claims by the wife that she was forced into the marriage.

The President of the court, Ademola Odunade, held that the court dissolved the union due to exploitation and the threat to life raised by Omowumi.

Odunade also advised Omowumi to avoid confrontation with Mukaila, popularly known as Auxiliary, for her safety, News Agency of Nigeria reports.

The president awarded the custody of the three-year-old child produced by the union to Omowumi and ordered Mukaila to pay a monthly feeding allowance of N5,000 for the child’s upkeep.

Besides, he ordered Mukaila to be responsible for the child’s welfare, including education.

In her petition, Omowumi, a chemist, who resides at Olodo area of Ibadan, said Mukaila had forced her into the marriage.

She said, “My lord, Mukaila used his position as a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers in Ibadan to exploit me when he kidnapped me 10 years ago into a marriage, which I never wanted.

“On that day, Mukaila sent some hooligans to carry me into his home without my parents’ consent and in fact, he was the one, who deflowered me.

“Since then, he had maintained that I remained the best among all his wives and concubines. With my experience as a chemist, I refused to get pregnant for him despite all his forcible sexual intercourse with me.

“However, three years ago, I decided to have a baby for Mukaila because I knew that I was not getting any younger and there was no means of removing the shackles.

“I even stood by him when he was sentenced to prison a few years ago. When Mukaila returned from the prison, he began to assault me again and threatened to take my life.”

She told the court that her parents were helpless to do anything about the situation and urged the court to separate them.

Although, Mukaila was not in court, the bailiff told the court that he had served Mukaila the court’s notices on several occasions, which he turned down.

Gist from Gistmore - https://gistmore.com/was-in-a-forced-marriage-for-10-years-woman

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by enunlewa: 3:46am On Dec 29, 2018
sad
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:12am On Dec 29, 2018
She said, “My lord, Mukaila used his position as a member of the National Union of Road Transport Workers in Ibadan to exploit me when he kidnapped me 10 years ago into a marriage, which I never wanted.
On that day, Mukaila sent some hooligans to carry me into his home without my parents’ consent and in fact, he was the one, who deflowered me

And what did your parent did do when he kidnapped you from home?
You should have been used to his tout lifestyle after 10 years now!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:54am On Dec 29, 2018
Mukalia why na

1 Like

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by yelnatsuno(m): 6:00am On Dec 29, 2018
Cheiiii
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by princeSammyz: 6:04am On Dec 29, 2018
Y all these tinz na Ibadan always na? Are there still any couples under the brown roofs? grin By the way, 10years is too much to be in a forced abusive bondage of a marriage especially for an educated lady that she is. Something other than being forced was keeping her, something was clouding her judgement and she only just realized it now.

20 Likes

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by NessaBoo(f): 6:07am On Dec 29, 2018
They need a commissioner of Happiness in that State.

The rate of divorce there is something else.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by badoh(m): 6:08am On Dec 29, 2018
Is this not the same auxilliary of NURTW that wield enormous power during PA Adedibu reign in Ibadan. His faction and another faction are noted for terrorizing the good people of Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by LWFashion(f): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2018
It is a shame what Mukaila did. But honestly, she should have made "this move" before having kids for him.
How do you reconcile being once married to a thug, Auxillary with having a peaceful life afterwards.
Sorry dear, your life is way messier than you think. cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by FunctionX(m): 6:11am On Dec 29, 2018
This Is Bad
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Kenekingisback: 6:11am On Dec 29, 2018
Buhari sef
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Vcent50: 6:15am On Dec 29, 2018
Most NURTW are know for their agbero life, but why her family doesn't report the case then, the story self get as e be

6 Likes

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by tola9jaa: 6:17am On Dec 29, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Buhari sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by ashjay001(m): 6:18am On Dec 29, 2018
post=74256303:
On that day, Mukaila sent some hooligans to carry me into his home without my parents’ consent and in fact, he was the one, who deflowered me

And what did your parent did when he kidnapped you from there home?
Now, this is seriously serious.

What could her parents have done?

If u've been following SW politics, u would have heard of Auxiliary! Them just call him name small ni, no be small person. It took d gov's insistence to get him locked up.

Unless he has mellowed in prison, this film never end cry

3 Likes

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Tobix15: 6:18am On Dec 29, 2018
nice
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by dingbang(m): 6:22am On Dec 29, 2018
Na so.. The man did all these things and every member of your family kept quiet and you also stood by him, sorry, we can't help you.

3 Likes

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Felixalex(m): 6:26am On Dec 29, 2018
post=74256303:

And what did your parent did when he kidnapped you from there home?

What did your parents do or should i report u to grammanazi1?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28am On Dec 29, 2018
ashjay001:

What could her parents have done?

If u've been following SW politics, u would have heard of Auxiliary! Them just call him name small ni, no be small person. It took d gov's institence to get him locked up.

Unless he has mellowed in prison, this film never end cry
This is serious then.
Those guys are demi-gods in their kingdom obviously!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by oluwatosink: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2018
grin
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by ogbeiwi(m): 6:34am On Dec 29, 2018
LWFashion:

It is a shame what Mukaila did. But honestly, she should have made "this move" before having kids for him.
How do you reconcile being once married to a thug, Auxillary with having a peaceful life afterwards.
Sorry dear, your life is way messier than you think. cry

Help a brother,seriously in need of a job this new year, I am a graduate of business administration, my contact is 08060557905,Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Pavore9: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2018
Reading that his nickname is Auxiliary, I already sensed that he would be a thug!cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by easynetsms(m): 6:43am On Dec 29, 2018
That's very bad cry
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by harmless(m): 7:00am On Dec 29, 2018
The man is a psychopath..... See his agbero swag

When he was arraigned in a magistrate’s court in Ibadan, Auxiliary, who did not show any sign of remorse, threatened to break cameras of the photo journalists taking his photograph after the court session

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by bestman09(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2018
dingbang:
Na so.. The man did all these things and every member of your family kept quiet and you also stood by him, sorry, we can't help you.
If you know the type of man auxillary is in that area of Ibadan and the type of influence he has, you won't say this. Her family may be afraid for their lives and will rather she bears everything than to be maimed

1 Like

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Quality20(m): 7:30am On Dec 29, 2018
its very possible d man himself was born out of wedlock, hence his bastard lifestyle. The tout would most likely seek her out and abduct her back to his place.
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by Fitz22(f): 7:32am On Dec 29, 2018
post=74256303:

And what did your parent did do when he kidnapped you from home?

Hmm, some people and their sensesless way of thinking. Make she remain for the home because she is used to it.

1 Like

Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by cocobuter: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZ0LoHbmVg&itct=CIMBEKQwIhMImLaO3MnD3wIVB3PgCh0Xswr1MgljNC1mZWVkLXVaGFVDNnMzMjlCR0RxaXFYVmNVN3YxaDVzUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: I Was In A Forced Marriage For 10 Years – Woman by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2018
Fitz22:

Hmm, some people and their sensesless way of thinking. Make she remain for the home because she is used to it.
She did the right thing by going to court.
We are only saying she should have gone to court or ran away many many years ago prior now.

Thanks for your 'sensesless' remark, or how did you typed it again?!
Thanks o!
Happy New year in addy! wink

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thieves And Receivers Of Stolen Property Arrested And Paraded In Benue (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Babagana Dalori Over N7bn Ponzi Scheme / Guardian Burns Boy’s Body With Hot Iron (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.