Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza (24769 Views)

What Is The Worst Investment You Have Ever Done / Royal Q Is The Worst Investment / Bitcoins In 2018! A Long Guide: How To Get Bitcoins, Wallets, Miners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by SmartMindsFx: 12:50am On Dec 30, 2018
Flickzvill:
hi how can I get to you? I am interested in learning forex trading
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by SmartMindsFx: 12:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Asour:

Ok then. please what legally recognized body Certifies cryptocurrency advisors?
you are making points that are not valid stylishly.
If you are a certified financial advisor, you can be an advisor in forex, stock, crypto etc.

Learn what financial advisor means before trying to raise a point...

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2018
ladyF:
Some comments are quite funny.

The so-called "worst investment" made some of us the most money even in this year-long bearish market.

Like they say... If you know, you know!
When you read the comments of those who cry of how much they lost, you won't be surprised at all. Investing in something they don't understand, mention the blockchain and they have no idea what it means. Technical analysis, trading indicators, sounds like a foreign language they've never heard of. They don't know when to buy and exit and blame who for their loss If you don't understand cryptocurrency and not ready to educate yourself don't invest your money! Same as stocks because you will loose your money!!!
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Shilver: 2:11am On Dec 30, 2018
concerning the bitcoin of a thing,Please I have some questions I want to ask you. Can you send me your email
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 30, 2018
maryjames9:

Coindesk content? FYI I don't do cryptocurrency. Even if I were into it, I wont loose my money. It is very alarming that people who are heavily invested in BITCOIN know next to nothing about financial markets and how to use chart whether Japanese candlestick chart, renko charts. Guys who Invest million into BITCOIN but have no idea how to read the market and use technical indicators to support their decisions. It is very sad. However, one thing BITCOIN traders or investors should console themselves with is the fact that their coins still remain intact, it is the value of the coin that has drastically nosedived. A good news for example of a big company or a Central Bank of a big country adopting BITCOIN could send them coin to at least 6000 dollars. Another good news might get it to 10000, at this level smart guys who can read and interprete chart or who have someone like me as their financial advisor could have raked in profit before another bearish trend sets in.

Be it forex, equity, indices, metal, cryptocurrency trader, speculators, you just must be able to read the chart and Interprete it very well. People bought BITCOIN in 2016 and 2017 and made profit but didn't care to learn and study the market. They refused to educate themselves on the basics of trading. If they had, they will know that the market is on a perfect downtrend and will inform them to exit market and wait for a reversal before taking positions or at least mad money on the bearish market by selling on metatraders.

For those saying BITCOIN is scam, I have nothing to say besides the fact that may be gold too is scam. Common people fail to come to the knowledge that even a paper can be worth billions. A piece of old scroll can be worth a fortune. It is the value placed on it by people that made it worth that much. Gold used to be a medium of exchange before the dollar. If the value placed on bitcoin January 2019 is 4000 dollars and may be just may be, favourable news, favourable investors sentiments, higher liquidity and inflows hit bitcoin and create a high demand, this may force the value to hit another record high of 30,000 dollars, then believe me, if you are heavily invested in BITCOIN January, you could triple, quadruple your investment over a period of months or years.
You've got a point.
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Rhea(f): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2018
ItzChinnex:

According to experts from FinExpertiza consulting, the most profitable investment  this year was palladium. Meanwhist, the world most popular cryptocurrency bitcoin was tagged the most disastrous investment of 2018.

FinExpertiza’s research involved 14 investment instruments and 300,000 rubles ($4,330) as the basis sum, according to Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

The study found that bitcoin investors would have lost more than 213,000 rubles ($3,000) or 71.2 percent of the investment this year.

The most profitable investment of the outgoing year, according to FinExpertiza analysis, was palladium. The price of the precious metal has been hitting record highs lately, making it the best performer among major metals. With the 300,000 rubles invested, purchasers would have increased their capital by 30,000 rubles ($433), or 10.2 percent, by the end of the year.

“And if we look in retrospect, for example of two years, we will see that palladium, in general, has become the only metal with a positive return,” Nina Kozlova, general director of FinExpertiza, was cited as saying by the newspaper.

Once hailed as the future of money, bitcoin has lost more than 80 percent of its value since last year’s all-time high of $20,000.

Currently trading below $3,700, the cryptocurrency is likely to extend its losses to below $3,000, experts say.

Worth just a fraction of a penny in 2010, bitcoin has been hitting the headlines and attracting attention from everyone, including Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, and Jamie Dimon.

Bitcoin has divided opinion and has been called everything from a scam to the future of money.

The virtual currency has been declared dead 336 times now by 99bitcoins.com, a website keeping track of the crypto.

Source: https://mymarketdeal.com/2018/12/29/bitcoin-investment-worst-this-year-experts/

They were waned. It is all a scam. Some people became billionaires. Most became impoverished gold diggers cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 30, 2018
Kobicove:

cryptocurrency is a glorified Ponzi Scheme pure and simple!
Monetary value is placed on anything that is so difficult to get and solves a problem. Bitcoin solves the problem of seamless flow of cash without any bank involved, you can send money to any part of the world in a secs for a small fee usually below a cent. To ensure the transaction is not a counter fit it must be verified on the blockchain by miners which acts like an open ledger anyone can lookup because it's available online at all times. If you use the most powerful computer graphics card as of today GTX1080 TI, at current difficulty level it will take you 100 thousand years to mine 1 bitcoin alone. And China is leading in bitcoin mining far ahead of the rest of the world. This is why bitcoin is expensive!
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by walezy85: 3:26am On Dec 30, 2018
There is a man that worked with German Embassy in Lagos island. A colleague of his told him, " come let go and buy a land at Badagry in lagos so that we can be our own landlord. Then the land was sold at N70,000 around 2007. He refused and said badagry is too far from Victoria Island and continued paying house rent for N120,000 annually. Today they are both retired and he's suffering and struggling to pay his landlord while his fellow retired colleague is already a landlord.

Let me tell you what i see in TBC

I see the only surviving way of doing real transaction tomorrow

I see an alternative to replace unavoidable market crash tomorrow

I see the 21st century ways of doing transaction

I see wealth

But it will take time

But the seed has already been planted

A satellite is being developed currently that will empower blockchain to run its transaction without the internet

This is good news

Whether you like it or not, the elites financial system has already crashed

We don't really know those behind this TBC, kringle and Ho Ho Ho

Like i have always said BTC is a test run

BTC is a limited edition of cryptocurrencies

The real cryptocurrency will surely and must be a stablecoin

I fear the youth of this generation because of their vast intelligence

Satoshi nakamoto is the brain behind TBC

One day this truth will come out

Satoshi knew that the elite will fight his idea

So he created a limited edition

Called it BTC

And later created the stable coin and called TBC

People laughed and call the real a scam

Facebook will help in killing BTC finally

And at the same time facebook will help building TBC

Because they are riding on the same lane

And that lane is stable coin

*Open your eyes and see afar*

And once BTC is killed other market based cryptocurrencies will bubble � �

Trust me they will all bubble

One of facebook mission is to kill BTC

In order to rise to stardom

TBC is pegged with gold but the Admin said its measured with gold to avoid early attention from the herods (elites)of our time

People don't understand TBC because its strange

But in strange things lies the solution

I seriously suspect january 31st 2019 to be the end of TBC give away

The one million billionaires are almost complete

Are you among?

Or you want to wait and see�

*How many of you know that the United State of America has already created their own cryptocurrency but pegged it with USD?�*

Let me leak the secret�

The name of the coin is called Tether

Tether is pegged with USD

1 tether is equals to $1

Fiat is dead

USD fiat is dead

Wake up my fellow Nigerians

*Naira is also long dead*

Lacking value long ago.

Because US dollars drives Naira

If the driver is dead on the steering will the passengers survive?��

Wake up my people because it's a game over

US Dollar is the driver to so many African country currencies

Likewise France Franc drives so many French speaking African countries

*TBC is a global currency*

If you don't have minimum of 1 TBC today, i wonder what you're waiting for

*God bless us all*

COPIED

Incase you wish to invest today WhatsApp msg 08036871310
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by walezy85: 3:38am On Dec 30, 2018
A lot of irregularities caused cryptocurrency market to fall massively this year,then people that had stolen money wanna invest it in cryptocurrency its being checked now with AML& KYC.then last cryptocurrency boom was some how manipulated & a lot of ICOS are out there to collect peoples contributions & vanished,but come 2019 I believed all this will be normalized and with new corporate & individual investors investing now 2019 will be great for Crypto lovers.No doubt cryptocurrency is the future, that's why I always say anyone that believes in cryptocurrency is futuristic!
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Basalt(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2018
1stCitizen:
Some people claim they made money through crypto investments. Lies

Lol
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by godfrey01(m): 5:49am On Dec 30, 2018
SpecialAdviser:

Nope. Any opening?

me i am looking for
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by becca2011: 5:57am On Dec 30, 2018
einsteine:
Be fearful when others are greedy.

Be greedy when others are fearful.

The best time to sell was when uber drivers, bricklayers, students, Nairalanders, mama Nkechi etc started talking of bitcoin as the best investment in the world.

The best time to buy is now when the aforementioned people are crying that they have lost so much from bitcoin.

In 2013, bitcoin fell from $1200 to $72. Then it rose again to $20000. It's now $3000, so the choice is yours.

I bought at an all time high of 20k. Collected loan 400k invested plus 50k extra I invested in ripples.the money was to give my dad cos we were financially very down.decided to invest and withdraw d money quickly. Next day money started crashing.I kept thinking it Will come up.now because of thinking and financial stress my precious dad is down with stroke. If I had given him that money I don't think it would have resulted to this.this was d first time I learnt anything online business now see the result
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by myk2mic: 6:49am On Dec 30, 2018
SmartMindsFx:
There's a difference between CryptoCurrency investment and trading.

The reason so many people got burnt is that they didn't understand how crypto works and that's why they have themselves to blame.

You need a certified financial advisor if you wanna be a crypto investor (investors are long termers).

If you were one of the people that invested with their life savings, accept my sympathy.

But if you have been a common trader just like me, I say a big kudos to your mentality.

Bottom line, understand what you wanna put your money in before jumping into it.

If you wanna learn how to trade crypto with ease, I am one of your go to guys in naija (even if I day so myself).

Would like to learn from you
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by suigeneris2(f): 6:55am On Dec 30, 2018
tunde82seidat:

That's why it's best to invest in good geniune properties that can give 100% ROI in a short while and that's what I'm into.

Pls I'm very interested in what the properties you invested in or advised to invest in
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by omoluka: 6:59am On Dec 30, 2018
Holders get rekt in 2018 but traders must have significantly increased their btc worth throughout the year , I actually want btc to dump to $2500 so that i can buy more btc and some good top ten coin.
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by tosyne2much(m): 7:38am On Dec 30, 2018
Kobicove:

cryptocurrency is a glorified Ponzi Scheme pure and simple!
Oh my God! shocked
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by kingDavid5(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2018
marvin906:
My 700k just hang for air ..
I just dey watch

You’re not alone brooo ... a lot of us are on the sideline watching [center][/center]
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by SmartMindsFx: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2018
myk2mic:

Would like to learn from you

WhatsApp contact is in my signature
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by hablink: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2018
Tomoyayi:
I kukuma talk am buh trust some Nigerians, dem sey wetin I sabi.
grin

Dope!
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by olaxm: 8:13am On Dec 30, 2018
First off: Every average Nigerian out there is looking for a get rick scheme! I particularly avoided cryptocurrency for almost 1 year before I finally invest in it through a Bitcoin influencer. In Nigeria today we have lots of bitcoin influcer who doesn't understand anything about investment portfolio of any kind of assest:

Blockchain technology that give birth to bitcoin and crypto ecosystems is at stage where the use case will have massive impact on the global economy!

The prices of most crypto assest is telling the wise to invest to it now - and with as little as  $100 in BTC in 2011 gave ROI of $6.5 in 2017! Another way is to learn trading TA-FA and develop a trading strategies so one become be a profitable trader! I have personal say: You may not want cryptocurrencies now. You will need it in future! Blockchain- Crypto - Financial market isn't Nigerian things! follow nerdotech on IG to learn something from picture gram!
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by firstolalekan(m): 8:43am On Dec 30, 2018
millionboi2:
As far as I'm concern, crypto currency is a scam.
We share the same idea

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by bedfordng(m): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2018
hmmm
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Asour: 9:36am On Dec 30, 2018
SmartMindsFx:
you are making points that are not valid stylishly.
If you are a certified financial advisor, you can be an advisor in forex, stock, crypto etc.

Learn what financial advisor means before trying to raise a point...

Ok Sir. I guess we would have to agree to disagree then.
I still think that as a High risk, Volatile, unregulated and Unsubstantiated fringe Instrument, Cryptocurrency doesn't yet fall under the realm of any traditional instruments covered by a conventional investment house.

If anyone thinks/calls himself a Cryptocurrency expert because he is a/an Financial/Investment advisor (in the traditional sense), such a person MAY be overreaching.
Some of the world's most successful Finance people do not even claim expertise in the technology.
I don't know the direction Cryptocurrency may take in terms of its potentials and very few (If any) would know yet. Claiming expertise in these areas NOW is, at best, ignorant and very risky.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by SmartMindsFx: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2018
Asour:

Ok Sir. I guess we would have to agree to disagree then.
I still think that as a High risk, Volatile, unregulated and Unsubstantiated fringe Instrument, Cryptocurrency doesn't yet fall under the realm of any traditional instruments covered by a conventional investment house.

If anyone thinks/calls himself a Cryptocurrency expert because he is a/an Financial/Investment advisor (in the traditional sense), such a person MAY be overreaching.
Some of the world's most successful Finance people do not even claim expertise in the technology.
I don't know the direction Cryptocurrency may take in terms of it's potentials and very few (If any) would know yet. Claiming expertise in these areas NOW is, at best, ignorant and very risky.

Thanks.

Anyone with huge funds is well able to control any segment of the crypto space he/she wishes.
That's the main reason its risky to invest in it.

Remember McAfee?
His job was just to help guys with funds control an altcoin and he gets paid huge sums for doing so.

But traders who understand what they are doing are the lucky ones and they tend to be happy 99% of times.
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Lancelott(m): 10:00am On Dec 30, 2018
Some people talk in an uneducated manner. Stocks are down, prices of oil is down, yet, we choose to single bitc0in which has risen over 80k times it's original value since its inception. This thing we're calling a ponzi has an underlying technology called the bl0ckchain that backs it up. The general market for crypt0s is over $100bn and was almost $1trn this time last year.

It rises and falls like all good things but because we made an uninformed choice, we must blame. When it'll become bullish, you guys will still rush in. Why don't you attend actual seminars that will help you? I hosted one in Abuja in October/November. Go to google and youtube and research and come back and talk.

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2018
Kingsleydr:
Remembered I wanted to buy 2 btc @The rate of $16200 each earlier this year or late last year or so ... Lol .. I for don go dark by now...

Wow! I'm glad you didn't.

In the foreign exchange market, once you hear it in the news it is already too late.

People will rush palladium now only for it to record major loss next year! Be careful out there.
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2018
maryjames9:
True
Monthly chart shows a bearish market from 18000 to 4000 but a quick view of daily chat shows that the bearish trend may be about to end. This week and may be the next may very well determine if the possible trend reversal signal to bulishness is a false trend reversal sign and we are still very much back into another round of massive downtrend or we are about to expect a bullish trend in the crypto market.

Bro that's a retracement on D1, the 20 EMA is doing a good job as dynamic resistance there.

Note the 4th candle formed a pinbar at 20 EMA, the last candle did not really clear the moving average either.

I say Bitcoin is heading to $3000 by January. No valid signal from your chart.
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Youngzedd(m): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2018
millionboi2:
As far as I'm concern, crypto currency is a scam.

Bank is the greatest scam of all time.

They hate what they don't understand.

Do you know that I wasn't able to withdraw money yesterday in the whole city. All ATM not dispensing cash.

Bitcoin is always available 24/7. I have full control of my money unlike the money in your bank account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Youngzedd(m): 10:40am On Dec 30, 2018
1stCitizen:
Some people claim they made money through crypto investments. Lies

"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered."

If you don't understand this, then you don't understand financial market. Keep your emotions at home, this is cow boys business.

“Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Those who understood Warren's quote made so much money and they are still making money. The pigs always got slaughtered.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by Youngzedd(m): 10:45am On Dec 30, 2018
majekdom2:
you can’t make money where the is no value. It is true that most billionaires don’t have a very high IQ but an exception is Bill Gates and he doesn’t see Bitcoin survive. The problem is Nigerians are always looking for fast money. That money lost is a gain to many in the developed countries

Are you in anyway related to Lai Mohammed?
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by maasoap(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2018
tosyne2much:
Because the value is sinking right?

You need to be properly enlightened bro

Besides that, what is the value of bitcoin and other coins except looking for someone to dump it on?
Re: Bitcoin Investment Named Worst Investment In 2018 - FinExpertiza by dasanchez1(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2018
Youngzedd:

"Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered."

If you don't understand this, then you don't understand financial market. Keep your emotions at home, this is cow boys business.

“Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Those who understood Warren's quote made so much money and they are still making money. The pigs always got slaughtered.
At bold means, '' buy when people don't know about it and sell when there's a fear of missing out in other words FOMO. Thanks to my mentor Dalemat for the knowledge till date.. Nwanne, preach dalecoin to the world wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mutual Funds In Nigeria: Please Share Your Experience / What Has Happened To MMM United / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.