Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada (43434 Views)

Chinenye Promise Nwoye: UNIBEN Student Strangled To Death In Hotel In Anambra / Married 'Lovers' Who Were Found Dead In A Car In Lagos (More Photos) / Teenage Girl Found Dead In Lagos Brothel With 3 Used Condoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Gbam, not only Kenya, if you visit Rwanda, Botswana, Mauritius, and Seychelles, you will weep and regret for been a Nigerian, I agree with your points, Nigeria as a nation is beyond redemption, with all the resources in Nigeria, it is still a jungle and the current headquarters of poverty, the citizens have loose hope of Nigeria ever becoming better, PDP AND APC is not the answer, the entire foundation of Nigeria as a country is faulty, that is why you see the mass migration of Nigerians to different parts of the world, l left Nigeria years ago and anytime l visit briefly, I weep because the status quo still remains the same sad
It's a taboo. The people here live in misery and are OK with it. They even marry in it, have kids in it, and still complain that there is hardship. When you speak out they ask you to shut up.

People here are minions, they are the laziest set of humans to even walk the face of the earth.

Tomorrow, millions of them will gather to praise God and pray for long life and prosperity, where prosperity of the nation wan come from? Hahahahahaha

It's a shithole

2 Likes

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Mizwisdom(f): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2018
Is there no option of seeking warmer climate while on vacation, when it's extremely cold? How can pips survive -20°. The cold is not easy to bear
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by AngelicBeing: 11:07am On Dec 29, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
It's a taboo. The people here live in misery and are OK with it. They even marry in it, have kids in it, and still complain that there is hardship. When you speak out they ask you to shut up.

People here are minions, they are the laziest set of humans to even walk the face of the earth.

Tomorrow, millions of them will gather to praise God and pray for long life and prosperity, where prosperity of the nation wan come from? Hahahahahaha

It's a shithole
Mehn, it is terrible sad
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by hahn(m): 11:08am On Dec 29, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
And tomorrow all these set of people will gather in churches across the nation to praise God. For what exactly?

We that don't go to churches will be termed evil

Such a stupid society Nigeria is, nothing will change this country. It's a dead zone.

Please don't insult dead zones

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2018
franciskaine:
before you blame the followers, blame the leaders. Leadership determines the road and line of action the citizens wil follow. Jesus led his disciples and showed them the way of life and not the other way round.

Crime and indiscipline has become a norm because the elite has chosen it as a way of life, it will indirectly spiral into a societal menace. Trace the route of kidnapping, ritualism and whatnots u'll agree with me it all started from the elite.
what stops us from protesting? You want freedom for free? No great nation had freedom for free, the people had to fight.

But guess what, every religious houses has brainwashed us to have hope that God will do something hahahahahahah such stupidity has gone on for so long.

The religious houses hold the keys to the awakening of this nation but they rather fight freeze for more tithes, they don't care about the nation, they are not different from us, they are thieves but the people don't realise that.

When you are in mental chains and don't know it, it's hard to be freed.

I repeat, it's a shithole

2 Likes

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by ajl: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
Larryfest:
He may have sought shelter somewhere else because of cold....was he homeless before or what something isn't right here..

Let me relate my experience to you cause I did my grad studies in Canada, but not Regina. For foreign students, most especially Nigerian students who are not used to planning their daily activities around weather conditions, it's possible to be caught unaware. During my first semester, I once decided to work late in the lab and by the time I was done, I stepped out to realize that there was a storm. Meaning extreme snow and wind conditions. During this kind of period, there won't be public transport on the road. In fact the entire city would be shut-down except for city trucks spreading salts on the road and trucks clearing snow off the road. I was lucky because I lived in a student hostel. For someone who went far from his or her abode, it could be very fatal as there won't a way to get to where you live. So, it's common in Canada to die from frostbite if you found yourself on the street during sub-zero weather condition. A -20 C temperature is no joke. One can easily freeze to death. I have experienced -30 and -40 C winter conditions before. In such extreme conditions, one can freeze to death easily without prolonged exposure. Even under this type of condition you may need to jump-start your car or have it plugged in power socket overnight for the engine to start.

4 Likes

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Ugosample(m): 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:

It's a shithole

At last, someone is saying what i have been trying to say

1 Like

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Larryfest(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2018
ajl:

Let me relate my experience to you cause I did my grad studies in Canada, but not Regina. For foreign students, most especially Nigerian students who are not used to planning their daily activities around weather conditions, it's possible to be caught unaware. During my first semester, I once decided to work late in the lab and by the time I was done, I stepped out to realize that there was a storm. Meaning extreme snow and wind conditions. During this kind of period, there won't be public transport on the road. In fact the entire city would be shut-down except for city trucks spreading salts on the road and trucks clearing snow off the road. I was lucky because I lived in a student hostel. For someone who went far from his or her abode, it could be very fatal as there won't a way to get to where you live. So, it's common in Canada to die from frostbite if you found yourself on the street during sub-zero weather condition. A -20 C temperature is no joke. One can easily freeze to death.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth!! guess i should be thanking God cos they just denied my junior brother visa last week and he wasn't happy at all..
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:26am On Dec 29, 2018
Ugosample:

At last, someone is saying what i have been trying to say
My brother, the stupidity here is something else, you have to stoop so low to sound reasonable here.

Imagine every church call out their members to protest the government in large numbers, imagine all stree full of people how many police or army do we have? Look at France, middle east, they protest when things are wrong.

You know what we do when "monkey stole money"? We crack jokes,

When army man slap civilian, we crack jokes,,

Snake swallow money we crack jokes. and everybody laughs at their own stupidity,

where in saner climes such stupid claims will be investigated and someone's head chopped off.

But no, we crack jokes then gather on Sunday and Friday again to slam our heads on the ground asking God to help us.

180million mad people but we don't know the rest of the world laughs at us.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Lankybaby(f): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2018
wait o...cold dey kill person?
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by egojeny1(f): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2018
ajl:

Let me relate my experience to you cause I did my grad studies in Canada, but not Regina. For foreign students, most especially Nigerian students who are not used to planning their daily activities around weather conditions, it's possible to be caught unaware. During my first semester, I once decided to work late in the lab and by the time I was done, I stepped out to realize that there was a storm. Meaning extreme snow and wind conditions. During this kind of period, there won't be public transport on the road. In fact the entire city would be shut-down except for city trucks spreading salts on the road and trucks clearing snow off the road. I was lucky because I lived in a student hostel. For someone who went far from his or her abode, it could be very fatal as there won't a way to get to where you live. So, it's common in Canada to die from frostbite if you found yourself on the street during sub-zero weather condition. A -20 C temperature is no joke. One can easily freeze to death. I have experienced -30 and -40 C winter conditions before. In such extreme conditions, one can freeze to death easily without prolonged exposure. Even under this type of condition you may need to jump-start your car or have it plugged in power socket overnight for the engine to start.
Jesus!!
-30 C, -40 C, God forbid.
I rather die here in Nigeria
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2018
Larryfest:

Jesus Christ of Nazareth!! guess i should be thanking God cos they just denied my junior brother visa last week and he wasn't happy at all..
Oga, people are there living their lives don't let that scare you. Even if tsunami dey happen everyday still go there. You have to survive against all odds. Don't let anything scare you

1 Like

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by rayornb(m): 11:46am On Dec 29, 2018
Mrceragem:
Did I see. ....
It dip to -20 C
Common minus -10 C in Netherlands my nose nearly block if not I dey rub am hand

O boi
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by LadyJasper: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
My brother, the stupidity here is something else, you have to stoop so low to sound reasonable here.

Imagine every church call out their members to protest the government in large numbers, imagine all stree full of people how many police or army do we have? Look at France, middle east, they protest when things are wrong.

You know what we do when "monkey stole money"? We crack jokes,

When army man slap civilian, we crack jokes,,

Snake swallow money we crack jokes. and everybody laughs at their own stupidity,

where in saner climes such stupid claims will be investigated and someone's head chopped off.

But no, we crack jokes then gather on Sunday and Friday again to slam our heads on the ground asking God to help us.

180million mad people but we don't know the rest of the world laughs at us.
Choi! Dis was enter!!!!
Though I always knew that our leaders don't take us serious and they don't fear us because we truly are unserious with ourselves. They know this and use it to their own advantage at our own peril. It's rather unfortunate that we have stripped ourselves of the power we actually have over our leaders.
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by EazyMoh(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
Avedonn:

Canadian police had nothing do to with his death.

He died as a result of extreme cold.

Living abroad is not all that rosy as some people are painting it.

If only Nigeria can be fixed, many people would prefer staying back than travelling out. But unfortunately government alone can not fix the country. It's a collective responsibility between government and citizens to make a country work.

All the democratic elected government from 1999 to date kept on coming with different good policies to make Nigeria work but it kept on failing due to the simple fact that Nigerians refused to change their ways.

Yes, I know some elements of our government officials are corrupt but that shouldn't stop us from developing.

Take Kenya for instance, they have an extremely corrupt government but they are developing because they have refined citizens.

Nigeria as it's today, can not be fixed and it can not work whether Buhari or Atiku wins next year's presidential elections without us the citizens changing our mentality and way of doing things.

SO what you are telling us is that he decided to go swimming, alone in a creek at the peak of winter (December 21st) in Canada which eventually lead to his death by hypothermia as you and the useless police insinuate.

There is definitely a foul play.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
LadyJasper:

Choi! Dis was enter!!!!
Though I always knew that our leaders don't take us serious and they don't fear us because we truly are unserious with ourselves. They know this and use it to their own advantage at our own peril. It's rather unfortunate that we have stripped ourselves of the power we actually have over our leaders.
Very unfortunate. But the bad side is, we don't even realise that. Knowing the problem is one thing, solving it comes after. We have refused to acknowledge that we are the problem. We keep looking for perfect leaders in people like atiku, tinubu and buhari. Old men ith archaic mentality. Laughable
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Rextizzle(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
Avedonn:

If only Nigeria can be fixed, many people would prefer staying back than travelling out. But unfortunately government alone can not fix the country. It's a collective responsibility between government and citizens to make a country work.

All the democratic elected government from 1999 to date kept on coming with different good policies to make Nigeria work but it kept on failing due to the simple fact that Nigerians refused to change their ways.

Yes, I know some elements of our government officials are corrupt but that shouldn't stop us from developing.

Take Kenya for instance, they have an extremely corrupt government but they are developing because they have refined citizens.

Nigeria as it's today, can not be fixed and it can not work whether Buhari or Atiku wins next year's presidential elections without us the citizens changing our mentality and way of doing things.

You spoke my mind
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by CandidNotes: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
EazyMoh:

SO what you are telling us is that he decided to go swimming, alone in a creek at the peak of winter (December 21st) in Canada which eventually lead to his death by hypothermia as you and the useless police insinuate.

There is definitely a foul play.

May his soul rest in peace.

Gbam!!! Thanks for capturing my thoughts so succinctly!

1 Like

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by mechanics(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
youngest85:
I rather die hustling than stay poor
hmmmm.
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by WiseStarr(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
May his soul rest in peace,And may Almighty God gives your parents the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Mrceragem: 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
notoriousbabe:
you wet I see for iyana ipaja yesterday dey talk of Netherlands, which day you go there abi na lie Mohammed burn you?
May be na my Broda you see.
I dey pH.
I mean when I was there.
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by helphelp: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Avedonn:

I typed before reading.
Thanks.

You welcome
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by sharpwriter(m): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
AllenSpencer:

Exactly!

Could have been prevented if he jejely schooled in Ekiti State University

lol cheesy grin shey yu too no go travel abroad if yu see opportunity?
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Sarang(f): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Avedonn:

Extreme cold? undecided
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Sarang(f): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
KingThreatzz:
After all the money spent for fees and visa to take you to Canada, plus air flight money, he just go die like that? God forbid. The hustle still is on. We are Nigerians. We won't relent. We wont quit till we find the better life.

I swear e dey pain walahi sad

1 Like

Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by Ayobami7(m): 12:41am On Dec 30, 2018
Rip
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by okuya: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2018
CrazeMan69:
This is the result of running away from your country to where you feel life is better... cold fit kill you for naija?

But heat go kill u !!....
Re: Missing Promise Chukwudum Found Dead In Canada by BUTTERMILKSUGAR(m): 12:26am On Nov 04, 2019
tuneh:
So how did he end up in the creek?
happy birthday. I hope the cake was bigger than last year.
Wish I could get my share oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deaths, Houses, Churches Burnt In Ebony Political Crisis / Jessy Gold: Police Officers Involved In Shooting Arrested / Heartless Okada Rider Machetes Benefactor To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.