Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

On Ibb And Buhari - What Are They Still Looking For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Ibb And Buhari - What Are They Still Looking For? (515 Views)

History Is Made As Audu Ogbe Blamed The Dwindling Economy On IBB! / Picture Of Oludapo Osinbajo & Aisha Buhari: What's Wrong With The Pic? / My Thought On Ibb, Atiku And Buhari Bid And Next Generation Of Northerner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Ibb And Buhari - What Are They Still Looking For? by bisolaoni: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2010
I know that I am not the only one who has thought about this, but I was struck again the other day by the incongruity of both IBB and Buhari contesting for the presidency. I recently read that they were both forced to embrace each other by Obasanjo at a recent book launch. As I contemplated these trio of past leaders, I couldn't help being struck by the fact that the fate and governance of this country has been in the hands of the same cast of actors since independence. What says that they must continue to mange the affairs of this country.

Personally, I like Muhammadu Buhari, but the same question that is often asked of Babangida can be asked of him too - what did he forget in Aso Rock (Dodan Barracks?). Also have they not failed by not grooming younger people to succeed them and propagate their ideas. Now that I look at it most of these political actors do not even have a succession plan - they seem to think everything begins and ends with them.

There are people to day that refer to themselves as "Zikists", or "Awoists", where are the adherents of the philosophy of IBB, or Buhari, or to be even more inane (Lamidi Adedibu). This just underscores that the politics of Nigeria has devolved to a politics of personality. These men see themselves as all in all. They die and their house is scattered and the memory of them does not linger.

(1) (Reply)

Moscow Suffocates, Pakistan Drowns / 2011: APGA’s Party To Beat In South East – Umeh / Another Political Killings In Ekiti?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.