Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com (12301 Views)

MUST WATCH: Woman Goes To Oziza Fm To Reveal How Police Is Killing Igbos In Imo / Nigerians React As Raymond Dokpesi Asks AIT, Ray Power FM To Stop Airing Hi / Dino Melaye Exposes 'Kogi Government Thugs' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by Isoni(m): 12:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is my entry for Cozaglobal #staroftheday challenge. Please like, comment and share. Thank you

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br9h6fXFDtB/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=lssuqhkdv41w

1 Share

Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by cybersteveben(m): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
It's high time true kogi sons and daughters rise to their feet and reclaim their state from politicians that do not mean well for them. [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by iamjavadem(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ok, one question, are you owing ground rent or not? Then we can take it from there. All this long story and I can’t see where they stayed that they are not owing.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by iamjavadem(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hahahahahahahaha.
Topccy007z:
Now you've decided to carry the problem on your head like gala. Don't worry you will sell
Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by iamjavadem(m): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
Are the owing ground rent or not? They never addressed that.
tesppidd:
Story doesn't add up.

Who are those board of trustees members that Yahaya Bello could not have cornered and persuaded them not to sack her?

Who are they?
Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by emekaRaj(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Righteousness89:
It will not be well for Men and women who have Donated their lives to Put tears on the faces of Nigerians in the name of Politics!

Cursed be the day APC as a Party was Formed!

The owners of the station of course
Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by mechanics(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
This man sins are too much o.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by babamadiba(m): 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2018
An intellectual once said the following words " At the end of the day, we may go our separate ways, but the song remains and won't change" those were the words of T.P Micheal.
The song for the Big Mama and TAO FM that will remain the same and won't change, is that of a seasoned professional broadcaster and administrator who after putting in the works for 35years in the public sector, saw an opportunity to help pioneer and grow radio broadcasting in her own backyard and she took it. What more can be humbling than choosing to start from the scratch in your own home base inspite of all the opportunities in established entities that are available to you from all over the world including some of the very best in the broadcasting industry? She chose to grind it through with TAO FM in Okene because of her love for wanting to be part of the growth process of anything she believes is noble and worthy of her professionalism.
I don't know of anybody walking in the rain and don't expect to get wet; working for a private sector entity which provides customer services comes with its challenges. One of the major challenge is satisfying customers who are bent on having things done their way against the organization's policies. Another notable challenge is how much they organization's board of directors or owners respond to unfounded rumours. These two major challenges have prevented a lot professionals from taking up challenges that will in turn better the lot of their folks. The Big Mama aware of these monstrous challenges, wasn't deterred. The people and the organization she served so diligently are better for it.
Life is constant war between good and evil. Sometimes it appears like the devil is having his way but like the early morning sun, God's children will rise above all adversities.
This is not time for a lot of talking or any kind of lamentation, it is the time to set the records straight and make the world know desperate people will go to any length to bring a good person down and taint an image built with tears and blood over the years.
Anybody who has facts and convictions that the Legendary Big Mama got three houses from GYB which is believed to be why she is not compromising professionalism for dirty politics, should be bold enough to also send "THANK YOU" message to the Governor for buying her the three houses. Pictures of the mansions will help a great deal.
In the meantime, it is important to note that the Big Mama has moved on. Apologies will start flying in from the organization and the desperate rumour peddling politicians responsible for this plot against her sooner than later. The apologies should go to the good Men, Women and Youths of ebiraland, kogi state and Nigeria at large whom the mama with the midas touch inspires every other day.
Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by oteenz(f): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
Politics on the run...
Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by realoscar84(m): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
With ur myopic n narrow mindset, you have concluded every Nigerian is for sale. Nitwits too plenty for nairaland jor.

tesppidd:
Story doesn't add up.

Who are those board of trustees members that Yahaya Bello could not have cornered and persuaded them not to sack her?

Who are they?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by tesppidd: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
realoscar84:
With ur myopic n narrow mindset, you have concluded every Nigerian is for sale. Nitwits too plenty for nairaland jor.

2 words!

Fucck off!
Re: Kogi Government Shuts Down Tao FM To Save DG's Head - Kogireports.com by davidsthe(m): 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
babamadiba:
An intellectual once said the following words " At the end of the day, we may go our separate ways, but the song remains and won't change" those were the words of T.P Micheal.
The song for the Big Mama and TAO FM that will remain the same and won't change, is that of a seasoned professional broadcaster and administrator who after putting in the works for 35years in the public sector, saw an opportunity to help pioneer and grow radio broadcasting in her own backyard and she took it. What more can be humbling than choosing to start from the scratch in your own home base inspite of all the opportunities in established entities that are available to you from all over the world including some of the very best in the broadcasting industry? She chose to grind it through with TAO FM in Okene because of her love for wanting to be part of the growth process of anything she believes is noble and worthy of her professionalism.
I don't know of anybody walking in the rain and don't expect to get wet; working for a private sector entity which provides customer services comes with its challenges. One of the major challenge is satisfying customers who are bent on having things done their way against the organization's policies. Another notable challenge is how much they organization's board of directors or owners respond to unfounded rumours. These two major challenges have prevented a lot professionals from taking up challenges that will in turn better the lot of their folks. The Big Mama aware of these monstrous challenges, wasn't deterred. The people and the organization she served so diligently are better for it.
Life is constant war between good and evil. Sometimes it appears like the devil is having his way but like the early morning sun, God's children will rise above all adversities.
This is not time for a lot of talking or any kind of lamentation, it is the time to set the records straight and make the world know desperate people will go to any length to bring a good person down and taint an image built with tears and blood over the years.
Anybody who has facts and convictions that the Legendary Big Mama got three houses from GYB which is believed to be why she is not compromising professionalism for dirty politics, should be bold enough to also send "THANK YOU" message to the Governor for buying her the three houses. Pictures of the mansions will help a great deal.
In the meantime, it is important to note that the Big Mama has moved on. Apologies will start flying in from the organization and the desperate rumour peddling politicians responsible for this plot against her sooner than later. The apologies should go to the good Men, Women and Youths of ebiraland, kogi state and Nigeria at large whom the mama with the midas touch inspires every other day.

I wouldn't want to join issues with you at all, infact I thought to let it slide like thrice before I decide to quote you. No doubt Big mama is a seasoned professional and I do not personally believe one bit of the allegation of houses given her by the state's CEO could she have enjoyed some kind of benefits from him, yes, and deservedly so! Is Tao playing a crucial role in the socioeconomic, cultural, educational and political live of the ebira nation? Emphatically Yes of which the GM of Tao the is fulcrum and most important piece in (the only on air staff that I never had any reason to murmur about him/her mannerisms (talk, depth of knowledge, style, presentation etc, and this is by the way, I can write a book on the attitudes (and professionalism or otherwise) of each of them, even your bro who comes across as bossy and averse to taking corrections (no one knows it all), again, this is by the way), the GM is excellent on air and I love her but the point I'm making is what the OP posted is not entirely from the figment of imagination. The example of a staff who in my opinion was the best on air after Big Mama was sacked reportedly because he said something that the powers that be found offensive, I don't have details nor inside knowledge of the candidates whose jingles were rejected I feel it's wrong not to have the jingle a particular female candidate in the Senate race on the radio. If she present a jingle that was offensive or contravene NBC codes I expect that her campaign will be guided to come with something acceptable after all having her jingle played is more revenue to the station which I doubt is generating enough to run itself sustainably.

I personally thought Big Mama will do all she could within the confines of her office and the ethics thereof to 'champion' (and I use champion in quotes) the course of this woman considering her antecedents but I think they say women are women worst enemies. Big mama runs produces a program that translates Live of Women in english...

Long story short the GM of Tao FM is an enigma and an amazing, well respected personality but she can't be absolved of all the allegations in this post. She could have offered the station a level playing ground for all and let her staff allow people express views (which you could always issue a disclaimer after each), I'm aware of NBC, I'm aware of the nature of our people, and that's humanity, it's not peculiar to our nation, I'm aware of the volatile environment however you can gag people from talking for too long, expressiveness is human nature...I personally feel the station is too conservative and rightist for a dynamic and diverse society I can give examples up to the kinds of songs that are played on air and I'm not talking Ebira urban songs alone, (I hear Simi and Adekunle gold alot, I hear Falz, can't remember when last Olamide or Burna Boy is played, I guess they are too 'wayward'...

Way forward: who ever shut down the station should please consider the people especially the aged whose only source of information and entertainment is Tao FM, if the station is owing any taxes efforts should be made to get it sorted out as soon as possible so it can return on air, if the GM is willing to return to the station the board should temper justice with mercy. I can only imagine the confusion and uncertainties the young guys and girls that draw a living from the station would have been drawn into, lastly the state should equip the state owned radio otite to work more hours and to attempt to provide an excellent service the people also need to judge objectively and be forgiving in their dispositions.

Having said all this it's important to note that I have nothing personal against any staff of the station, all I've said here are just response to your post and nothing more. I'm just a guy who loves radio. Put me in a room with several gadgets I'll pick radio and phone. I do very little of TV, since daybreak now I've missed Tao FM I've been with Radio otite and now Nigeria info Abuja (internet radio)

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Lucky Irabor Denies News Of Release Of Chibok Girls In Borno / Remains Of Ojukwu Arrives Nigeria (in Pictures) / 2015: Politicians With Criminal Recordwill Not Be Allowed – IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.