Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,422 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others (25035 Views)

Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / History 101: Oba Kosoko Of Lagos Was Against Abolition Of Slave Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
lexy2014:

Like I said b4, d discussion isn't about my father. Its about d statement u made&ur inability to take responsibility 4 it. If there are things better not said, then y did u bring up d discussion in d first place? U are making claims u can't defend. If u had d orientation from ur forebears, it will show with d way u express urself. U are already afraid to stand by what u have said, by what u say u believe. So u aren't displaying any form of maturity. U started a fire&then u running away with ur tail in between ur legs.

Sometimes I don't usually argue facts that are glaring....or when an igbo man is asking me what he already knows and exist in his own family....

Such is madness........

So to summarise ur wisdom for u...when u want to marry don't consult ur people....seek consultation from outsiders.

Sometimes I wonder were most of u guys drop ur brains.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by eagleeye2: 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
Balyz:
In my eyes osu exists only in the minds of some demented ibos. No human being was born inferior to another
Ideally, that is the truth. All Humans are born Equal.
But, in reality you will agree with me that some humans are born more equal than the others. That is why we have the Royals, the Rulers, Those born into Wealth and Royalty. The slaves. The servants. The 'ordinary' citizens.
NB
This is the reality. We can think of the IDEAL world, but an IDEAL world is not achievable.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

The traditional rulers should marry osu first then we can follow....

they should marry first...they don't want to bring curse upon themselves but they want others to.

Let them son marry OSU daughter first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
So the so called advanced ppl, who love to call others backward, are still harbouring this barbaric primitive system of discrimination?
Many of them when confronted will deny and tell that the system had long been abandoned - apparently not; they are only trying to get rid of it now and that effort seems to have hit the brick wall, for lack of due process.

Na wa oO! So shocking and ironic that Igbos would all the time be wailing Marginalisation when in fact they are busy discriminating against each other - with no end in sight.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by MikeBetty(m): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

They abolished what they won't allow their own children to do....

Don't be a daft.
Dont Use Derogatory Word On Me. Wise Man, If You Are Not A Hypocrite You (1) Stop Going To Church Because They Are There. (2) Stop Going To The Market Because They Full There, (3) Dont Eat Whatever You Do Not Produce Because The Produce Those Things. (4) Dont Expect Heaven Because Those Former Osu People Will Be There Before You. Most Of You Have In One Way Befriend Osu, Had Sex With Them, Yet You Dont Want Them For Marriage. If You Have Done One Of The Above, You Are The Daft Here.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Cherez: 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Front0lane:
What a tribe of shameless morons denigrating part of its own an outcast just to be hated. No wonder their lives is dedicate to hating others, na them Hausa Fulani Ikwerre Yoruba Kanuri Arabs South Africans Malaysians Singaporeans Indians Chinese n many others de hate. Yet them claim to hate no one. Shame Shame Shame !!!
I wonder how people like you who are unknowledgeable get like in this country; not surprised shithole we have got.
Fr your info, "OSU" isn't a 2nd class citizen as the writeup wrongly stated but is similar like the "ABOBAKU" in Yoruba but in this case the OSU is dedicated to the gods, isn't killed but allowed to have a wife who is an OSU or a free caste who marries them and automatically becomes an OSU, Have children and live a life separate from the community.
How & why? Anyone who commits a crime or does something abominable and about to be abolished can on their own volition join the OSU caste to be free of the consequences. Once dedicated to the gods is seen as the property of the gods and anybody who touches or hurts them draws the wrath of the gods; this is why people don't interact with them. In fact, mere jest of them in certain cases can incur the wrath of the gods as believed.
You fear them cos they are not to be maltreated, they were never 2nd class citizens
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Cherez: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:
These traditional rulers are on their own....

Osu is osu

Freeborn is freeborn....QED.

Abolishing what is greater than u to satisfy some persons in the society....

They are property of the gods and so shall it be.

Moreover just few traditional rulers attended that....

Nwanne, I can marry an OSU, go sit down your ass; all is free and free indeed.
They belong to no gods now

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Prosperchuks1344(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:
These traditional rulers are on their own....

Osu is osu

Freeborn is freeborn....QED.

Abolishing what is greater than u to satisfy some persons in the society....

They are property of the gods and so shall it be.

Moreover just few traditional rulers attended that....

ur very stupid for making such silly comment, would have liked it if you were one,. thank God it's been abolished.

I will stone you to death if you call someone that name.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
MikeBetty:
Dont Use Derogatory Word On Me. Wise Man, If You Are Not A Hypocrite You (1) Stop Going To Church Because They Are There. (2) Stop Going To The Market Because They Full There, (3) Dont Eat Whatever You Do Not Produce Because The Produce Those Things. (4) Dont Expect Heaven Because Those Former Osu People Will Be There Before You. Most Of You Have In One Way Befriend Osu, Had Sex With Them, Yet You Dont Want Them For Marriage. If You Have Done One Of The Above, You Are The Daft Here.

Is only an osu that will spend time defending an osu...
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Prosperchuks1344:

ur very stupid for making such silly comment, would have liked it if you were one,. thank God it's been abolished.

I will stone you to death if you call someone that name.

Unless you are an osu....to be acting this way.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
Cherez:
Nwanne, I can marry an OSU, go sit down your ass; all is free and free indeed.
They belong to no gods

They are the property of the gods....
Go and marry and have ur family to battle....
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by xynerise: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

They are the property of the gods....
Go and marry and have ur family to battle....

You sound like one idol worshipper. These set of people and the hypocrites among Christians are the ones still blindly believing the OSU rubbish.

One message for the gods.......Thunder fire them all

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by herich(m): 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hector09:
U want ur own country when u dont even luv urselves, imagin calling ur fellow human an osu, biafara is a joke
You're not part of them,
Why worry!
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by herich(m): 5:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Zieina:
Which stupid curse are they even talking about? Does it mean there are no successful "Osus" living happily and doing good for humanity?

How can you relegate, discriminate, curse your own people and still brag about it? These igbos mehnnnn... You guys are better off achieving your biafra aim. We're so not alike in goodness and character.

-Backward mentality.
- Always hating.
- Always fighting.

Now we know the source. Lol..
What is this OSU is saying
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by herich(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
Cutefergieee:
And you think Biafra can work? When we are talking about the most disunited tribe in the country... Ongba Lara mi, O ndun Lara e..
If really they're disunited as you think they're,,,, don't you think, they wouldn't be clamouring to stay on their own.
Yet. You still fights them to stay with you
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by richfriendsng: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
MikeBetty:
We need more of your kind, tell them.
Any body practicing such is evil, we claimed to be dominant Christians but the kind of hate in our region is alarming.
Igbos are not united and thats the fact.
People are leaving Igbo land in droves just to have a sound mind.
A friend of mine who is going through hell because of the harassment from people he call his own once told me that he regrets coming from the east. Some communities are fighting each other because of this.
Igbos hate themselves, they even degrade other states within themselves.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
xynerise:

You sound like one idol worshipper. These set of people and the hypocrites among Christians are the ones still blindly believing the OSU rubbish.

One message for the gods.......Thunder fire them all

Lolzzz......

The ways of the gods are unknown to men....

Osu is osu....a property of the gods......they are not free.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by herich(m): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hector09:
Sorry i'm a rivers man
Rivers OSU
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by xynerise: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Lolzzz......

The ways of the gods are unknown to men....

Osu is osu....a property of the gods......they are not free.

Like I said earlier, Thunder fire the gods grin
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by MikeBetty(m): 5:37pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Is only an osu that will spend time defending an osu...
Thats Your Limit Of Understanding. It Is Better To Be An Osu And Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven Than To Be A Diala And Rot In Hell Fire. The Human Right Lawyers That Represents The Victims Of Human Right Abuse Are Not The Victims But Volunteered To Do So. I Am Not An Osu And Will Never Support Denigration Of Them.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by herich(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Go and marry osu....case closed.

You're not even an igbo, to start with.
Your comments here is only to mock Igbos and hit up the (politics) hates other tribes have for Igbos.
That is your true mission here,
Because a real Igbo guy, won't be running everywhere hitting up this OSU caste with pleasure.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
xynerise:

Like I said earlier, Thunder fire the gods grin

May Amadioha forgive...

U don't know what u saying.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
MikeBetty:
Thats Your Limit Of Understanding. It Is Better To Be An Osu And Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven Than To Be A Diala And Rot In Hell Fire. The Human Right Lawyers That Represents The Victims Of Human Right Abuse Are Not The Victims But Volunteered To Do So. I Am Not An Osu And Will Never Support Denigration Of Them.

Nobody denigrate them....just that they are fit to marry a freeborn....is an abomination.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
herich:

You're not even an igbo, to start with.
Your comments here is only to mock Igbos and hit up the (politics) hates other tribes have for Igbos.
That is your true mission here,
Because a real Igbo guy, won't be running everywhere hitting up this OSU caste with pleasure.

Our tradition has been here before white man religion came....so it must stand....

Igbos has their tradition and it must not die or be replaced by the religion of the white.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by lexy2014: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Sometimes I don't usually argue facts that are glaring....or when an igbo man is asking me what he already knows and exist in his own family....

Such is madness........

So to summarise ur wisdom for u...when u want to marry don't consult ur people....seek consultation from outsiders.

Sometimes I wonder were most of u guys drop ur brains.

Are u telling me that d identity of an Igbo is dependent on d acceptance of d fact that some people are lesser humans because of d circumstances of their birth?
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
richfriendsng:

Any body practicing such is evil, we claimed to be dominant Christians but the kind of hate in our region is alarming.
A friend of mine who is going through hell because of the harassment from people he call his own once told me that he regrets coming from the east. Some communities are fighting each other because of this.

Go and get ur facts right....stop misinforming the public pls....
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by MikeBetty(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
richfriendsng:

Thank You My Dear, This Is The Kind Of Battle We Should Be Fighting. If God Will Tell Peter To Stop Refering To Cornellus The Army Commander And A Gentile Unclean, How Much More Fellow Gentile Calling His Brothers/sisters Osu (unclean)? May God Have Mercy On Us.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
lexy2014:

Are u telling me that d identity of an Igbo is dependent on d acceptance of d fact that some people are lesser humans because of d circumstances of their birth?

Nobody made them a lesser human....they chose that.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by herich(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Our tradition has been here before white man religion came....so it must stand....

Igbos has their tradition and it must not die or be replaced by the religion of the white.
You and who tradition.
Edo boy
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by lexy2014: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Nobody made them a lesser human....they chose that.

How did they make themselves lesser human beings?
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
lexy2014:

How did they make themselves lesser human beings?

Sometimes we ask questions as if we don't know...

Are am I the one that ask them to submit themselves to the gods....

When they commit atrocious crime....to avoid been banished they ran to the gods for protection...

In times of ancient wars instead to join or out of fear they ran to the gods....

They made themselves....nobody did.
Re: Traditional Rulers Storm Anambra For Abolition Of Osu, Others by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
Osagyefo98:

The traditional rulers should marry osu first then we can follow....

they should marry first...they don't want to bring curse upon themselves but they want others to.
where in Igbo land are these osu people? Like a particular state or town?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola And Partners Assist Victims Of Mudslide With Shelter In Freetown / Photos From The 2015 Sango Festival / Ooni Of Ife Celebrates 1st Year On The Throne With Soyinka, Obasanjo, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.