Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old - Agriculture (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old (94359 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Sasso Chicken Farming From Day Old / Cost Of Feed From 1,000 Birds To 10,000 Birds From The 1st Wk To 8th Or 18th Wk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Redomi(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
EmyGod:

How come bro ?
The turkey that lay the egg has been laying for over 3 months, she doesn't want to brood the eggs, all she is interested in is just to lay. I started giving her on the eggs when about 40 eggs have been wasted, I used a basket to cover her on the eggs overnight.
That is what I have been doing for over a month now, yet the idiot keep laying almost everyday. But I made a mistake when they were growing, I teach them how to eat egg shell, now they are addicted to it, they will not eat fresh eggs, but the moment there is a crack egg or a chicken egg, they will eat it.
So this particular egg, she has been sitting on it focefuly, for about 20 days, I just woke up to see she has eaten one side of the egg shell, only the soft cloth inside the egg remain. I picked it up and put it inside a carton and light my lantern to it for 4 days.
Finally the Chick came out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by EmyGod(m): 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2021
jidestroud:
My experience with one of the popular agro ecommerce stores online was disastrous (name withheld for now). Placed an order and delivery took almost 2weeks. The birds eventually arrived and it was such a terrible sight to behold. Almost every carton had about 4 chicks already eaten up, the packs were smelly... Walahi, I almost walked away from the delivery out of anger.

Well, I did sort out the carcass and removed the weak ones. In total, 20 chicks was lost by the i got home, and 8 more in the next 6hrs. angry . Making it a total of 28 birds, wetin con remain? undecided

Placed a call to the customer representative who promised to look into it which never happened. After several attempts to secure justice for the dead birds sad , I gave up and just vowed never to buy from them again (not that it makes any difference sha cry)

So sorry bro
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by EmyGod(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2021
Redomi:
The turkey that lay the egg has been laying for over 3 months, she doesn't want to brood the eggs, all she is interested in is just to lay. I started giving her on the eggs when about 40 eggs have been wasted, I used a basket to cover her on the eggs overnight.
That is what I have been doing for over a month now, yet the idiot keep laying almost everyday. But I made a mistake when they were growing, I teach them how to eat egg shell, now they are addicted to it, they will not eat fresh eggs, but the moment there is a crack egg or a chicken egg, they will eat it.
So this particular egg, she has been sitting on it focefuly, for about 20 days, I just woke up to see she has eaten one side of the egg shell, only the soft cloth inside the egg remain. I picked it up and put it inside a carton and light my lantern to it for 4 days.
Wonderful, just like that
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Redomi(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
Can someone help me to get locally made incubator?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2021
Update

Commencement of Xmas Broiler Brooding
Total capacity: 600 broilers in batches of 300 each.

Oya let's go there.

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Going well thus far...

Pics @ Day 11

Enjoying their Bitter leaf + Scent leaf juice.

Mortality: Stepped on 2 so far. grin

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by trychris: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2021
Cool. Are they Ross 308? I want an all-male breed
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2021
trychris:
Cool. Are they Ross 308? I want an all-male breed

Nope. They are Marshall.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Izzymore(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2021
jidestroud:

Nope. They are Marshall.

Sir, na dis birds i supply?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Izzymore:

Sir, na dis birds i supply?

80% of the supply was from you.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by isey4u(f): 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
jidestroud:

Nope. They are Marshall.

Please jidestroud how do I get this Marshall. I'm in Kaduna, can you link me up.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by stanvesco(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2021
Redomi:
sell her to me
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
isey4u:

Please jidestroud how do I get this Marshall. I'm in Kaduna, can you link me up.
Cc Izzymore is your plug.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
3 weeks and still counting wink

Mortality 2 still.

Sold 97 pieces off

Broiler strain: Marshall

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by kennethfranc(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
jidestroud:
3 weeks and still counting wink
Mortality 2 still.

Sold 97 pieces off
Broiler strain: Marshall
Nice job.... Do you mind sharing the price?
Mine will be exactly 3weeks on Tuesday(45/50)
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
Another set sold out!!! grin grin

Few to go!!! And another batch getting ready!!! wink
cheesy

Broiler Variant: Marshall

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Izzymore(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2021
jidestroud:

80% of the supply was from you.

Wow am happy to hear that. Thank you so much for believing in me. I promise never to disappoint you.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Izzymore(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2021
isey4u:

I can supply you in KD.. My phone number 08024110512.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2021
Goodnews

Another 300 broilers at 4 weeks to be ready for sales soon.

angry cool
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Alhajiemeritus: 12:45am On Sep 05, 2021
jidestroud:
Goodnews

Another 300 broilers at 4 weeks to be ready for sales soon.

angry cool
Price and location?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Price and location?

Lagos & Ojo precisely. I guess you are in Abuja right?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Alhajiemeritus: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2021
jidestroud:

Lagos & Ojo precisely. I guess you are in Abuja right?
You guessed right
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by denziz: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
jidestroud:
Going well thus far...

Pics @ Day 11

Enjoying their Bitter leaf + Scent leaf juice.

Mortality: Stepped on 2 so far. grin
Hello,do you vaccinate your birds or they are raise organically?
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2021
denziz:
Hello,do you vaccinate your birds or they are raise organically?

Birds sold out to newbies are vaccinated. Those close to me and can be monitored are given organic birds.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Alhajiemeritus: 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
jidestroud:

Birds sold out to newbies are vaccinated. Those close to me and can be monitored are given organic birds.
Do you have Day old kuroilers?
Don't worry about my location.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2021
Alhajiemeritus:
Do you have Day old kuroilers?
Don't worry about my location.
@izzymore is my plug.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Alhajiemeritus: 6:49am On Sep 07, 2021
jidestroud:

@izzymore is my plug.
Thank you
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by mcdokwe(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2021
@Jidestroud,

Good morning.

Please what's your experience with rearing turkeys?
Two of the turkeys I had are female, they disappeared soon after they started laying and one was later seen around and vanished too. I was hoping they were brooding (where? I don't know) would return soon after. It has been over months and no eight of them.

Is there a possibility they can survive that long in the wild? Especially considering the rainy season and does the egg really take that long to hatch? That's assuming brooding is the reason they disappeared.

Thank you
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 10:12am On Sep 10, 2021
mcdokwe:
@Jidestroud,

Good morning.

Please what's your experience with rearing turkeys?
Two of the turkeys I had are female, they disappeared soon after they started laying and one was later seen around and vanished too. I was hoping they were brooding (where? I don't know) would return soon after. It has been over months and no eight of them.

Is there a possibility they can survive that long in the wild? Especially considering the rainy season and does the egg really take that long to hatch? That's assuming brooding is the reason they disappeared.

Thank you

I have had a couple of turkeys over the years, both local and exotic breeds for breeding and as garden pets.

Turkeys are quite hardy and I barely lost any turkey once its over 6weeks of age over my years of raising them. The earliest I have had my female turkeys laying is 6months and 3 weeks, while some silly ones started laying at 10months of age angry .

With regards to their egg incubation period, let's just put it at 28 days (+/-2 cool), same as my ducks. Sometimes, I even give the eggs to my ducks to help out grin.

To your question, you clearly stated your turkeys are females right? Are there any male turkeys around?

If No? Then if truly your turkeys are brooding over eggs in the wild, they will most likely stay on the eggs till it either dies or gets lucky something gets it off the eggs for it to come back home. This is because the eggs are unfertilized and it won't be hatching till thy kingdom come.

If Yes? Then a month is a little overboard for its incubation of the eggs. When you say wild, do you mean wild wild? Like with reptiles; snakes, cane rats, crocks and allis etc? Why not go in search of the turkeys and collect their eggs, force them to incubate it in a place close to the house before something in the wild harms them?

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by mcdokwe(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
jidestroud:

I have had a couple of turkeys over the years, both local and exotic breeds for breeding and as garden pets.

Turkeys are quite hardy and I barely lost any turkey once its over 6weeks of age over my years of raising them. The earliest I have had my female turkeys laying is 6months and 3 weeks, while some silly ones started laying at 10months of age angry .

With regards to their egg incubation period, let's just put it at 28 days (+/-2 cool), same as my ducks. Sometimes, I even give the eggs to my ducks to help out grin.

To your question, you clearly stated your turkeys are females right? Are there any male turkeys around?

If No? Then if truly your turkeys are brooding over eggs in the wild, they will most likely stay on the eggs till it either dies or gets lucky something gets it off the eggs for it to come back home. This is because the eggs are unfertilized and it won't be hatching till thy kingdom come.

If Yes? Then a month is a little overboard for its incubation of the eggs. When you say wild, do you mean wild wild? Like with reptiles; snakes, cane rats, crocks and allis etc? Why not go in search of the turkeys and collect their eggs, force them to incubate it in a place close to the house before something in the wild harms them?

There's a a male among them but they abandoned it.

I'd only I'm home, just maybe I will make efforts to trace them. But no wahala, this will serve as a lesson to me, should I consider rearing more turkey.
Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by Redomi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
You could have force the females down for the male to mate then so that you can have fertilized eggs.
Turkey could be stupid, they are wild animals, rearing them is not easy, brother I will advice you go out and search uncompleted buildings around, they may be there sitting on the eggs.
They will rather die on the eggs than leaving it without hatching one egg.
It will be better if you can make a big cage to make it easier rearing them

1 Like

Re: My Kuroiler Birds From Day Old by jidestroud(m): 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2021
My Jobs Experience - series of unfortunate events cry angry

Omo, these last two days has been so challenging and heartbreaking. I can proudly say I have had my own share of disaster in the poultry business. It all started with a credit alert into my account (which is supposed to be a great news) which later turned into an nightmare. Due to the frequent bank visitation to unfreeze my account, I had to delicate a friend to help out in taking care of my birds. This was where it all started.

On getting to my poultry this morning, the death rate had gotten to 26 broilers and still expecting more to succumb to death. A close examination showed that my birds are down with gumboro cry

26 birds gone, just like that under 24hours!!! For me, it's a colossal loss. As I typing this, one is dying in front of me cry.

At the moment, I am trying to stabilize them one by one (presently having over 80 birds all folded up with their 3-piece coats on. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln / See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps / Preserve Fresh Tomato Paste For A Year (no Refrigeration Or Preservatives)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.