Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) (40492 Views)

"You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by dre11(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
by Osagie Otabor, Benin

A middle-aged man has gone mad after embarking on 14 days dry fasting and praying.

The man whose identity could not be ascertained as at press time was said to have been married with five children.

He was said to be returning from the church where he carried out the fasting and praying when starting behaving abnormally.

Witnesses said he demanded for a plate of fufu and meat but started making incoherent statements saying he wants to kill himself.

Several efforts by sympathizers to make the man go home were resisted as he rushed to lie down on the busy Upper Sokponba road.

The pastor of the church where he carried out the fasting came to the scene but refused to give his name.

He simply advised the people to allow the man rest and eat.

A former member of the church who pleaded anonymity said she left the church because of the manners members were subjected to hunger in the name of fasting.

http://thenationonlineng.net/man-goes-mad-prolonged-fasting-praying/
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Ishilove: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
Prolly has cerebral malaria ,or some _shit like that.

It could also be low blood sugar, or some _shit like that.

Or has been demonically possessed because he was fasting to edify man/self, not Christ.

Long and short is improper and misguided fasting can fvck you up in so many ways. He is even lucky to be alive.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Oweku: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Na wa o...
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by sapeleboi(m): 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
his faith was not 2 strong for the fasting and prayer

4 Likes

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Redoil: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lie lie people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Makito015(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
If a person does not have the energy to fast, that person shouldn't fast
If a person dies because of hunger or malnutrition while fasting is suicide

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by hisgrace090: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
If 3 days of praying and fasting can deliver entire land of neneva what on earth is he praying and fasting for 14 days?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Kenekingisback: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lagos?
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by ainas247: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
You don't mean it... Fasting and madness I don't gerrrrtitttt.

Dominate Google page one with your business see results in my profile
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Christianity ehh !
Nawa!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Willgates(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
The revolution shall not be televised!

9 Likes

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Austindark(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
They will soon say that God is calling him and he's trying to answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Neminc: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
Craziness in the name of Christianity

2 Likes

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by englishmart(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
��� This matter belong to daddyfreeze���

4 Likes

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Modupex(f): 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
grin
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Blame Ketones.
Nothing spiritual there.
You people should read about the biochemistry of fasting and starvation.
Been long I read that sha but to summarize, when you are fasting the body tries to still provide energy to the body and brain. It starts with converting glycogen in your liver to glucose.. On day 4/5 of fating, it goes to fat converting it to ketones and sugar..
If you are still foolish and still fasting, it jumps from fat to proteins all in a bit to keep u alive.

The primary source of energy to the brain is glucose. In periods of starvation, ketones to take over and this can reformat your brain(lol)...

Nothing spiritual about it at all.
Blame the ketones.

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Benin churches with funny names like David and Goliath buldozing rapturing fire ministry

1 Like

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by ipobarecriminals: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
sad
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
grin grin
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by AllenSpencer: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Benin people met with him in the middle of the fast

2 Likes

Fasting is not for everybody.
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by neweraomo: 9:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Who send ham work grin
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by daddytime(m): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Thunder fire hunger...

Natural hunger na war not to talk of self-induced hunger...na double wahala oo

If some kind hunger sammer you...when you see your papa you go halla...mummy ooo

You come see your mama you go dey call her aunty Dorcas.
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by Cigo1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lmao.

His pastor probably told him to fast and he did.
In my opinion, the pastor should be caught and made to revert him to sanity since he caused it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by AllenSpencer: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Its compulsory

"The man whose identity could not be ascertained as at press time was said to have been married with five children."

He has to run mad!

1 Like

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by LibertyRep: 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2018
Was he taken to the hospital thereafter?
Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by TRUSTEDGUY: 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
I hope he recovers life will not be easily for his wife and 5 kids if he does not.

angry

I hope he recovers life will not be easily for his wife and 5 kids if he does not.

Sorry sir the country is too hard for comfort.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Goes Mad After Prolonged Fasting And Praying (photo) by boss1310(m): 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
I once had a sales girl who was ill with something either malaria or something of the like cos her body temperature was off the roof.I told her to take a break and advised her to visit a hospital but this girl boldly told me that her church doesn't allow medicine and that she is fasting,I now force her to stop coming to work and called the person who brought her to me who in turn fixed a meeting between me and her parents but her parents insisted she must not visit the hospital even though I offered to pay the bill.as for me I angrily walked out and told them she won't come back to my place till she visits the hospital
long story short the girl died three weeks later and this was in 2015.the idiotic parents came to inform me it was God that took her and I told them to the hearing of everyone that they and whoever owns their church murdered their daughter cos God knows nothing about it and if there is hell am sure their daughter is there now.
people are so stupid when it comes to religion always thinking about"divine"help,how can you starve yourself for 14 days and expect to be alright nonsense

28 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Godday Iboyi Shares Anointed Bread To His Church Members / My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy / Oyedepo: "A Member Flew In From Germany To Canaanland For Every Sunday Service"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.