Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi (31917 Views)

Airman Killed By Mob In Oshodi. Many Stranded As Soldiers ‘Take Over’ / Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project / Pictures From The Construction Of Second Niger Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Babygiwa(f): 6:44am On Dec 30, 2018
Had to take an early morning trip out of Lagos through Oshodi and the construction there caught my eye.

Do you think Lagos needs this type of construction now especially at the detriment of other things or it is spot on?

Personally, I like how for once, something this grand is on the mainland

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Babygiwa(f): 6:45am On Dec 30, 2018
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by RevenGeMission: 6:46am On Dec 30, 2018
There is no better time than now

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Babygiwa(f): 6:46am On Dec 30, 2018
More……. .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by izzou(m): 6:46am On Dec 30, 2018
grin

To me, Ambode performed well. Yes, he may have made some wrong decisions, but he did work.

I still find it funny how APC supporters say he underperformed, and see Buhari as an overperformer

And yes, the project is timely. It's supposed to end by January 2019 but I doubt if they can achieve that

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Babygiwa(f): 6:48am On Dec 30, 2018
Wish me journey mercies.

Happy holidays

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by PurestBoy(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2018
Lagos deserves better

1 Like

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by KingKingKing: 7:22am On Dec 30, 2018
Ambode the worst governor that ever governed Lagos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by helinues: 7:46am On Dec 30, 2018
Wow.. Same oshodi

Nice one Ambode

8 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by helinues: 7:47am On Dec 30, 2018
izzou:
grin

To me, Ambode performed well. Yes, he may have made some wrong decisions, but he did work.

I still find it funny how APC supporters say he underperformed, and see Buhari as an overperformer

And yes, the project is timely. It's supposed to end by January 2019 but I doubt if they can achieve that

In their minds, Buhari performs better than Ambode. Nigeria politics is not meant for a sane mind

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by MaziOmenuko: 8:24am On Dec 30, 2018
Building a magnificent transport exchange at the heart of oshodi. Looks like a wonderful world class project right?

Rubbish! The idea of a transport exchange would work were things are a little more organised: rail system, organised transport system etc. Trust me, 3yrs from now, that magnificent place will be occupied by oshodi touts. They will have self contained accommodation there, allocate rooms and space to themselves with the kingpins at the choicest spots. It will be a cool stuff to smoke weed and a joint to run to when the bag of an innocent passerby is snatched.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Building a magnificent transport exchange at the heart of oshodi. Looks like a wonderful world class project right?

Rubbish! The idea of a transport exchange would work were things are a little more organised: rail system, organised transport system etc. Trust me, 3yrs from now, that magnificent place will be occupied by oshodi touts. They will have self contained accommodation there, allocate rooms and space to themselves with the kingpins at the choicest spots. It will be a cool stuff to smoke weed and a joint to run to when the bag of an innocent passerby is snatched.

Many things could happen in three years...it could even become better. Your fear is noted, but we need to remain positive. The transport exchange is a piece of the "Lagos Mega City" puzzle. It has to be built!

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Resener12(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2018
Babygiwa:
Had to take an early morning trip out of Lagos through Oshodi and the construction there caught my eye.

Do you think Lagos needs this type of construction now especially at the detriment of other things or it is spot on?

Personally, I like how for once, something this grand is on the mainland
Lagos the center of excellence

Eko oni Baje

Secure the future and that of your kids

Check my signature to visit and study in Canada

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 30, 2018
Useless Lagos

Third worst place to live on earth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2018
Edodefender:
Useless Lagos

Third worst place to live on earth

Those making those rankings are fool if Lagos is 3rd worst to live where will abia b?

Abia d home of pigs

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Okrikacity: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Bad Belle face front

If such is built in Ghana now you will hail Ghana government.

Why can't you appreciate good project for once.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by MaziOmenuko: 10:53am On Dec 30, 2018
Okrikacity:

Bad Belle face front

Lol...u are too naive to understand my point.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Okrikacity: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Bad Belle face front

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Kenekingisback: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2018
30bln Naira project that put Ambode where he is today cheesy

Useless government to have ever been formed since 1960 angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 30, 2018
I don't understand this project. Is it a terminal for BRT buses? If so the space is so small. Again the arrangement of steel is so heavy and expensive. I believe there are cheaper designs. Why waste so much money on this complex and unnecessary arrangement of steel. Lagos is making some much in terms of GDP today. Must moneys be frittered away in wasteful enterprises just because the money is there. In this time of prosperity government must be responsible in whatever expenditure they embark on. It will not last forever.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by batstan(m): 11:51am On Dec 30, 2018
jomonic:
I don't understand this project. Is it a terminal for BRT buses? If so the space is so small. Again the arrangement of steel is so heavy and expensive. I believe there are cheaper designs. Why waste so much money on this complex and unnecessary arrangement of steel. Lagos is making some much in terms of GDP today. Must moneys be frittered away in wasteful enterprises just because the money is there. In this time of prosperity government must be responsible in whatever expenditure they embark on. It will not last forever.
Hush!
Watcha know about structural engineering?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Toosure70: 11:57am On Dec 30, 2018
Kudo to Jagaban

3 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Ejebleje: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
What happened to the bus station our presido came here in Lagos, Ikeja to commission months back? What happened to those new buses that were parked there , and disappeared after a while?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Hotetote: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lol
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by martineverest(m): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
white elephant project
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ok

Those wawa people won't be happy until they see shops built there.

Development is never complete until they see gala and fan yogo hawkers in the plan

17 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by chloride6: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ambode was more interested in making things look fine even when they were not

Thats why that airport road was so crucial to him too

A lot of the inner city roads went to crap during his time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Abeyjide: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
waiting
Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by 50desh(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
Very soon, we'll start seeing oshodi bridge in all nollywood movies just like d ikoyi link bridge

6 Likes

Re: Pictures From The Construction Happening In Oshodi by Samirana360(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2018
ambode only achievement as a gov

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officer On Duty Caught On Camera Drunk (picture,video) / Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.