Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:26 PM

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (17447 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by JJOF(m): 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lemme now take another case study. Bro Mike was a liar, he lied blantantly, without remorse. He was also in dat same service as John, n sincerely came out to b savd. But afta he attaind salvation, he continud lying. Evn when d HS convictd him severely he refusd 2 stop, or take concious action, via fellowship with god 2 help himself. Afta sometime, d HS stopd bothering him, n abandond him (just as rom. 1 vs 24 said) to d sinful desires of his hrt. For Mike, it can b rightly said dat he lost his salvation, bcuz he continud, without remorse, 2 live a life of sin afta his salvation.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2018
rhektor:

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repentance is a requirement sir

Look, the Bible is not a story book that you can just take anyhow. You clearly don't understand what Peter was talking about when he asked those people to repent. To you, it means he said they should repent of their sins because to you the word repent means turn from your sins. This is wrong and I will prove it. If you believe repent means turn from your sins, then what sin did God commit that the Bible said he repented as seem below?

Exodus 32:14
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people

Genesis 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Clearly, Gid is not a sinner for him to repent according to your sense of the word. The verses only say God repented from a former plan. So, Peter telling those Jews to repent means they should repent from their rejection of Jesus Christ whom they killed and now accept him, a thing they did.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by barikay: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
When u finish your confusion. We shall know
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2018
Newerakings:

This is indeed a laughable post
Jesus did not come to save us in sin but he came to save us from sin... how can you go back to where you have been saved from and expect to get the ultimate reward of Christianity...
the bible in Romans 6 v 1 and 2 says
1 KJV:What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 KJV:God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Further to this Roman 6 v 23 l amplify the consequences of sin when it said.
23KJV:For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
what this verse is saying is that the Devils gift to mankind is sin which leads to death while God's gift is eternal life... the question now is how can you have the gift of the devil and expect God's eternal life... this is impossible.
Have you ever asked why Jesus never sinned though he was tempted? that is because Jesus needed to set the example that it is possible to live above sin and it is expected that those who bear the name Christians which literally means Christ-Like suppose to live above sin just Jesus did and if for any reason a christian sins mistakenly or Knowingly he must repent from that sin before he can he gain eternal life or otherwise he will go to hell. God is no respecter of persons the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink or made for people who believe they can be Christians in sin.
I rise
Haven't you signed this week? Yet you do t know you are going to hell fire for depending on your false ability not to sin.

You said the gift of God is eternal life, which I believe you reCeive on accepting Jesus. If it is eternal, how come you believe it can be lost?

Those verses about Not sinning are great but never say you won't make heaven if you don't love without sin. What qualifies you for heaven is believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Raylight2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lirqur:
Pfft, Even as a Muslim, i know if you don't continue to walk on the straight part, you'll lose your salvation.

There's a reason why you have to continually hold on to Allah/Ilah(God).

Salaam.
God bless you. the guy is a false prophet
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2018
Newerakings:

This is indeed a laughable post
Jesus did not come to save us in sin but he came to save us from sin... how can you go back to where you have been saved from and expect to get the ultimate reward of Christianity...
the bible in Romans 6 v 1 and 2 says
1 KJV:What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 KJV:God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Further to this Roman 6 v 23 l amplify the consequences of sin when it said.
23KJV:For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
what this verse is saying is that the Devils gift to mankind is sin which leads to death while God's gift is eternal life... the question now is how can you have the gift of the devil and expect God's eternal life... this is impossible.
Have you ever asked why Jesus never sinned though he was tempted? that is because Jesus needed to set the example that it is possible to live above sin and it is expected that those who bear the name Christians which literally means Christ-Like suppose to live above sin just Jesus did and if for any reason a christian sins mistakenly or Knowingly he must repent from that sin before he can he gain eternal life or otherwise he will go to hell. God is no respecter of persons the Kingdom of God is not meat and drink or made for people who believe they can be Christians in sin.
I rise
Haven't you signed this week? Yet you do t know you are going to hell fire for depending on your false ability not to sin.

You said the gift of God is eternal life, which I believe you reCeive on accepting Jesus. If it is eternal, how come you believe it can be lost?

Those verses about Not sinning are great but never say you won't make heaven if you don't love without sin. What qualifies you for heaven is believe in Jesus Christ. .
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Wrong.
It is, those who forsake their sins and accept Jesus as their saviour.

What did Jesus tell the adulterous woman in bible?
As long as you are in the flesh, you will always sin.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by hoodboy(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
Christ Embassy false doctrine lipsrsealed
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by damocool(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The passage doesn't say they were saved. It only says they were aware of the knowledge of the truth which means they were preached to but rejected it and went back to their old ways.
It's now obvious that you don't really understand what you're preaching, they're not saved! So who were the verse pointing to as being bought by Lord? And how will they deny whom they knew not? In verse 1.. In the latter verse of 22, if you say they ain't saved why was WASHED used and why would they even go back to their old life when they never participated in newness of life.. Funny preacher..
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by JJOF(m): 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
4rm d example i gave, it can b seen dat some1, who afta his salvation, continues (without remorse, or d search to remedy his weakness) to live in sin, can loose his salvation. Also d sin of APOSTACY can also lead to d lose of once salvation. Mayb bcuz sth happend in ur life (dat u taught ur faith in god shld ve stopd), n bcuz of dat u resolve dat god doesn't exists, or he's dead. It was dis sin dat apst John said "THERE IS A SIN THAT LEADS TO DEATH"(1 John 5 vs 16, 17). So with these points of mine, it has being prove dat Once Saved Always Saved, n also dat there is a possibility 2 loose salvation. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
JJOF:
Lemme now take another case study. Bro Mike was a liar, he lied blantantly, without remorse. He was also in dat same service as John, n sincerely came out to b savd. But afta he attaind salvation, he continud lying. Evn when d HS convictd him severely he refusd 2 stop, or take concious action, via fellowship with god 2 help himself. Afta sometime, d HS will stop bothering him, n abandon him (just as rom. 1 vs 24 said) to d sinful desires of his hrt. For Mike, it can b rightly said dat he lost his salvation, bcuz he continud, without remorse, 2 live a life of sin afta his salvation.

Sorry bro, no one existing today has fully stopped his sins. We are all sinners because the flesh is weak but our spirits are eternally saved. It's the flesh that makes is sin. Bro Mike's spirit got saved but his flesh remains flesh and prone to sin, that's why he still tells lies.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
damocool:

It's now obvious that you don't really understand what you're preaching, they're not saved! So who were the verse pointing to as being bought by Lord? And how will they deny whom they knew not? In verse 1.. In the latter verse of 22, if you say they ain't saved why was WASHED used and why would they even go back to their old life when they never participated in newness of life.. Funny preacher..

No part of the verse says they were bought by Jesus. Stop lying.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Omudia11: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Is this suprising to you? This op has always been a heretic preacher going against the core values of Christianity.
eph12:

TF is this?
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omudia11:
Is this suprising to you? This op has always been a heretic preacher going against the core values of Christianity.
Point put the heresy or keep quiet instead of making false claims.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by damocool(m): 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

There is currently a false gospel out there which says once you accept Jesus and you go back to sin, you will lose your salvation. They make is seem like you are the one who saved yourself, hence their talk of you losing your salvation. So many people believe in this garbage gospel which is leading them straight to hell fire. Such people have called God a liar.

The proponents of this counterfeit gospel love to use Judas Iscariot as an example that one can lose his salvation. But was Judas Iscariot ever saved? Let the Bible enlighten us on that. First of all, what is the criteria for having everlasting life? It is the believe in Jesus.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Remember what Paul and Silas told that prison keeper when he asked what he could do to be saved.

Acts 16:30-31
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

As seen above, the only way to be saved is by believing in Jesus as the saviour. Now, did Judas Iscariot believe in Jesus? No he didn't and wasn't the only disciple of Jesus who didn't believe in him (hope you know Jesus had other disciples asides the 12). Read the below passage to see how Jesus pointed them out including Judas Iscariot.

John 6:53-71
53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

As seen in verse 64, Jesus knew those disciples of his that believed not in him and the one who will betray him. In verse 65, many of such disciples left him and went their way because they didn't believe in him. This made Jesus to ask his special 12 disciples if they were also going to leave him.

John 6:67-71
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Notice how Peter answered saying that they are staying with Jesus because they believe he has the words of ETERNAL LIFE and that they BELIEVE he is Christ the Son of God. Remember how John 3:16 said those who believe in Jesus have eternal life.

In Peter's mind all the 12 disciples believed in Jesus, but it wasn't so in the eyes of Jesus who knew one of them didn't believe in him. See what he said below.

Clearly, Judas was never ever saved because he didn't believe in Jesus and he also was a devil as described by Jesus himself. So, for someone to sit somewhere and say Judas lost his salvation is the height of deceit.

Now, all those who believe they can lost their salvation are calling God a liar, and this clearly shows that they are not saved. They call God a liar by not believing in his record which he gave of his Son Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:10
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

You might say "oh, what is the record God gave of his Son?"
Just continue to the next verse because His stated what the record is.

1 John 5:11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

One thing you need to know is that the moment you accept Jesus as your saviour and you believe in him, you immediately get the holy spirit who is the witness seen in verse 10 above. Then you immediately get eternal or everlasting life. Even John 3:16 says the same thing.

Now, how are people calling God a liar? They call God a liar by not believing the record that God has given us eternal life. They believe once you sin after accepting Jesus, you immediately lose your salvation which means you have lost the eternal life God gave you for believing in Jesus. If they believe you can lose that eternal life, then was it ever eternal at all? Eternal life means never ending and this is fully achieved upon the resurrection, but you have it now. So if someone tells you you can lose your salvation, that person is saying God lied when he said he gave you eternal life for believing in his son. You have eternal life and you are not condemned because you believe in Jesus.

John 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24]
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

All those who believe sin can make you lose your salvation are not trusting in Jesus who has come to save us from our sins. They are trusting in their works of righteousness to save them. They are clearly going to hell fire for rejecting Jesus and trying to save themselves. Works can't save you, it is only the grave of God through faith/believe in Jesus that can save you.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Christ has taken upon himself our sins and transfered his righteousness to us. That is why we are eternally saved regardless of whether we live holy or not.

1 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The true gospel is so sweet and a good news because it states that even if you do no works of righteous but you believe in Jesus, you still will make heaven because your faith in God has made you righteous.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Brothers, if you have believed in the false doctrine that says you can lose your salvation, please now is the time to throw it away. Leave that false church which is selling that counterfeit gospel to you. Find a church which believes in eternal security, but first say the below prayer.

" Father, I believe your son Jesus Christ has come to save me from ny sins because I cannot save my save. I hold on to your word which says those who believe have eternal life. Accept me because I now believe in those words."..Amen.
Even the 1john 5 v 11 you quoted shows how false you're, I think you should read the whole chapter and not just one verse that suit u..

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:26pm On Dec 30, 2018
hoodboy:
Christ Embassy false doctrine lipsrsealed

Before Christmas embassy came into existence, this doctrine has always existed. It is held By the Baptists. It is the newcomers called Pentecostals that have perverted the Gospel with lies which you all now believe in. No wonder they have brought huge shame to Christianity.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
damocool:

Even the 1john 5 v 11 you quoted shows how false you're, I think you should read the whole chapter and not just one verse that suit u..

The verse even exposes you. Why not quote the part of the entire chapter that contradicts my stance?
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Omudia11: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Joseph Prince has zero understanding of the Bible. I have dissected and analyzed his teachings and did awsu completely with them.

Stop making unfounded statements. There are a gazillion preachers who know much more than JP and are not heretics unlike him.. It is not a contest of who is more sound. As long as a preacher foes not add or subtract to the word of God then he's good to go.
djon78:

Really well to each his own. But there is no preacher on the planet with deep understanding of the Bible than this man.

I have done study on his teachings and they are deep, transformational.

And moreover peoples life are transformed listening to him, deliverance from sin, dynamic healing testimony.

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by damocool(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

No part of the verse says they were bought by Jesus. Stop lying.
You problem is that you don't read, you just stumble on a verse and echo it 2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by JJOF(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Sorry bro, no one existing today has fully stopped his sins. We are all sinners because the flesh is weak but our spirits are eternally saved. It's the flesh that makes is sin. Bro Mike's spirit got saved but his flesh remains flesh and prone to sin, that's why he still tells lies.
In dat case, den why do we have to work out our salvation? Why shldn't continue in sin so dat grace may abound? Why did apst lamentd over d fact dat he was doin wat he neva wantd 2 do, if it was alright 2 let ur body dwell in sin? Why did paul also tell us not to offer any part of our bodies to unrighteousness? Why did he tell us not to prostitute d temple of god (which is our body, n not just our soul)?
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by dalass(f): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Except a man be born agaim is different from repenting of sins. Being born again is the same as believing in Jesus. Repenting of sins is not writen I'm the Bible as a requirement for heaven.

Luke 13:3...Jesus said it plainly that except there be repentance... Gods people will perish!
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
JJOF:

In dat case, den why do we have to work out our salvation? Why shldn't continue in sin so dat grace may abound? Why did apst lamentd over d fact dat he was doin wat he neva wantd 2 do, if it was alright 2 let ur body dwell in sin? Why did paul also tell us not to offer any part of our bodies to unrighteousness? Why did he tell us not to prostitute d temple of god (which is our body, n not just our soul)?
They have used the "work out your salvation" to deceive you. You do not know what the Bible verse is saying. Read it below to see that it is not saying you should go and save yourself.

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When you go to the gym, what do you say you are doing? You say you are working out your muscles. Working it out means you already have it but you just want it to be more pronounced so you work it out. God put muscles in you when he created you. But because you want to look like a body builder, you decided to work it out by hitting the gym.

Same thing with salvation. God has put salvation in you and wants you to make it pronounced by working it out i.e showing it off to the world. This will make others also get attracted to want to have a change of heart and follow God too, same way your friends will be motivated to hit the gym just to look awesome when they see your good looks.

Now go back and read the passage to see how it clearly fits my explanation.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by JJOF(m): 5:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
ttmax09:
Only babes in Christ can you decieve with this fake preaching. My bible tells me that only with holiness can you see God. So yes if you give ur life to christ and still fall into sin you risk losing ur salvation. Am beginning to suspect that u are that freeze of a guy teaching false doctrine
He actually blivs in tithing, so he cant b freeze
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by chara019: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Show me one man who is without sin and I will show you a liar. We are all sinners, the only thing that differentiates us is that some of us are relying on Jesus as our saviour while the rest are trusting in their fake ability not to sin to save them.
What is sin?
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by djon78(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
Omudia11:
Joseph Prince has zero understanding of the Bible. I have dissected and analyzed his teachings and did awsu completely with them.

Stop making unfounded statements. There are a gazillion preachers who know much more than JP and are not heretics unlike him.. It is not a contest of who is more sound. As long as a preacher foes not add or subtract to the word of God then he's good to go.

First of all I have been reading some of your quotes and you sound exactly like the pharisees and teachers of the law that crucified the Lord.

I was expecting you to show me what he said but you are here generalizing!!!!

Joseph Prince is impacting the gospel of our Lord Jesus round the world with God confirming his teachings with signs following. Millions of lives are being transformed round the world.

Listening to him has given me a very deeper understanding. My Christian life has been totally built up. And millions around the world are attesting to the same thing
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by damocool(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

The verse even exposes you. Why not quote the part of the entire chapter that contradicts my stance?

Of course that is because you failed to read and understand
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
dalass:

Luke 13:3...Jesus said it plainly that except there be repentance... Gods people will perish!
Jesus was telling them to repent from their old belief of Judaism into believing in him.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
chara019:
What is sin?

Lies, fornication, wickedness etc. We all commit those sins. But it is only one sin that sends men to hell fire. That son is rejecting Jesus Christ. If you accept Jesus, you will be saved from the damnation that those sins bring. But rejecting Jesus means those sins will condemn you.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by djon78(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

They have used the "work out your salvation" to deceive you. You do not know what the Bible verse is saying. Read it below to see that it is not saying you should go and save yourself.

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When you go to the gym, what do you say you are doing? You say you are working out your muscles. Working it out means you already have it but you just want it to be more pronounced so you work it out. God put muscles in you when he created you. But because you want to look like a body builder, you decided to work it out by hitting the gym.

Same thing with salvation. God has put salvation in you and wants you to make it pronounced by working it out i.e showing it off to the world. This will make others also get attracted to want to have a change of heart and follow God too, same way your friends will be motivated to hit the gym just to look awesome when they see your good looks.

Now go back and read the passage to see how it clearly fits my explanation.

I wanted to reply him exactly with the same word

And how do you work it out? Daily spending time in fellowship with the Lord, in studying God's word and prayer time. This will deeply grow and develop your spiritual life!!!!!

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
djon78:

I wanted to reply him exactly with the same word

And how do you work it out? Daily spending time in fellowship with the Lord, in studying God's word and prayer time. This will deeply grow and develop your spiritual life!!!!!

Exactly, but they think work out your salvation means they should go and save themselves. Then why did Jesus die?
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by djon78(m): 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Exactly, but they think work out your salvation means they should go and save themselves. Then why did Jesus die?

That is why we have so many non effective Christians. They think it is by there own power!!!
Personally spending time daily in studying God's word and prayer has so much built my life.

It is in fellowship you connect to the living God and His power transforms you to live like Jesus.
It is his power at work in my life
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by abodundef: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2018
There are two schools of thought, one say you can lose your salvation and the other say once saved is saved forever.
I will like to differ from the two positions. The fact is you can't lose your salvation because of sin. Sin is paid for by the one and once sacrifice of the body of Jesus. That gives eternal salvation. But on the other hand we are saved by grace through faith. Even though that faith is not ours, it's a gift, after salvation you have remain in faith and it's voluntary since man is a free moral agent. God didn't force you to be saved and cannot force you to remain saved.
In the book of Ephes 6 marriage is a type of relationship between church and Christ and if that marriage can be dissolved because of infidelity even though Bible call them one so also the union of believers can be dissolved if the believers walk away from faith.
In conclusion, u can't lose your salvation by sin and you have to remain in faith to keep your salvation.
For questions I have a book that deals with this issues in details 08023332733

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Someone Cast A Spell Of Death On Me As A Child / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? / The New Deeper Life Headquarter Church(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.