Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (17634 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by rhektor(m): 8:32am On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You people lack the spirit of God that's why you don't understand the word of God which are spiritually discerned. Paul never said Demas lost his salvation of left the faith. He o my said Demas abandoned him (Paul)

Jesus warning to those churches were earthly punishment, not eternal. You don't understand that either.

2 Timothy 4:10
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

So it is the spirit of God that told you about this? Issokai

Having loved this present world means what oga?
You too dey lie jare
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 8:38am On Dec 31, 2018
mneedss:
From the write-up, the writer positioned himself as someone who understands better, in reality, needs to understand what he does not understand. From the opening paragraph, "There is currently a false gospel out there which says once you accept Jesus and you go back to sin, you will lose your salvation..." but in reality, the writer is the one spreading a false gospel.

On the issue of raised that "once you accept Jesus and you go back to sin, you will lose your salvation"
I will take you up alongside Judas example raised that he was never saved.

Read Acts 1:17:..." and had (Judas) obtained part of this ministry". How did he obtain it?
By Salvation of course.

Mark 3:13-14
13 And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him (Please note "and they came unto him).

14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

Read Acts 1:25 "...from which Judas by transgression fell" HE fell by transgression. Do you talk about somebody who is already on the ground that he fell? Of course no. You refer to someone previously standing that he fell. This overrules your concept of intact salvation despite going into sin.
2 Peter 2:20-22
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

On the issue of Belief,
He misinterpreted the concept of "Belief" and being born again. You can not separate repentance from being born again. Romans 10:9"9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved"
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Compare scriptures with scriptures, you cannot claim to believe without confession with your mouth.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out ..."
Jesus himself emphasized in Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Any acclaimed belief that does not bring conversion through repentance is fake.

You sound like you know better than Jesus who said he knew right from when he appointed the 12 disciples that one of them was a devil. Even Peter thought they were all Clea n but didn't know Judas never believed in Jesus one bit.

a quote from the OP

AsJesus knew those disciples of his that believed not in him and the one who will betray him. In verse 65, many of such disciples left him and went their way because they didn't believe in him. This made Jesus to ask his special 12 disciples if they were also going to leave him.

John 6:67-71
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Notice how Peter answered saying that they are staying with Jesus because they believe he has the words of
ETERNAL LIFE and that they BELIEVE he is Christ the Son of God. Remember how John 3:16 said those who believe in Jesus have eternal life.

In Peter's mind all the 12 disciples believed in Jesus, but it wasn't so in the eyes of Jesus who knew one of them didn't believe in him. See what he said below.

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Clearly, Judas was never ever saved because he didn't believe in Jesus and he also was a devil as described by Jesus himself. So, for someone to sit somewhere and say Judas lost his salvation is the height of deceit.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2018
rhektor:

So it is the spirit of God that told you about this? Issokai

Having loved this present world means what oga?
You too dey lie jare
He love the world which made him abandoned Paul, not Jesus. Stop being eisegestical by reading the wrong meaning into that simple passage.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by djon78(m): 9:11am On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You sound like you know better than Jesus who said he knew right from when he appointed the 12 disciples that one of them was a devil. Even Peter thought they were all Clea n but didn't know Judas never believed in Jesus one bit.

a quote from the OP

AsJesus knew those disciples of his that believed not in him and the one who will betray him. In verse 65, many of such disciples left him and went their way because they didn't believe in him. This made Jesus to ask his special 12 disciples if they were also going to leave him.

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Notice how Peter answered saying that they are staying with Jesus because they believe he has the words of
ETERNAL LIFE and that they BELIEVE he is Christ the Son of God. Remember how John 3:16 said those who believe in Jesus have eternal life.

In Peter's mind all the 12 disciples believed in Jesus, but it wasn't so in the eyes of Jesus who knew one of them didn't believe in him. See what he said below.

Clearly, Judas was never ever saved because he didn't believe in Jesus and he also was a devil as described by Jesus himself. So, for someone to sit somewhere and say Judas lost his salvation is the height of deceit.

You can imagine. Someone that was evil, and betrayed the Lord.
Another lesson is the Lord knew who he was but you never saw Him call out Judas. He even gave Judas to hold there purse of Money. Judas was also a thief stealing from the purse. When Mary anointed Jesus, the perfume was very expensive, worth a years wages. Judas was the one saying that the perfume should have been sold and given to the poor. But he was saying it to rob and steal not that he cared for the poor.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Davidvigbe: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2018
Can u explain this verse to me

[/b] Ezekiel 18:24 ~ But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.[b]

God himself has answered the question here.when a righteous man turns from this to righteousness, he shall not live ..
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by AsapBentley: 11:55am On Dec 31, 2018
I'm very sorry to say this but You are very Confused!
alBHAGDADI:

Look, the Bible is not a story book that you can just take anyhow. You clearly don't understand what Peter was talking about when he asked those people to repent. To you, it means he said they should repent of their sins because to you the word repent means turn from your sins. This is wrong and I will prove it. If you believe repent means turn from your sins, then what sin did God commit that the Bible said he repented as seem below?

Exodus 32:14
And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people

Genesis 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Clearly, Gid is not a sinner for him to repent according to your sense of the word. The verses only say God repented from a former plan. So, Peter telling those Jews to repent means they should repent from their rejection of Jesus Christ whom they killed and now accept him, a thing they did.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by AsapBentley: 11:59am On Dec 31, 2018
Galatians 5:16quote author=alBHAGDADI post=74300191]

Sorry bro, no one existing today has fully stopped his sins. We are all sinners because the flesh is weak but our spirits are eternally saved. It's the flesh that makes is sin. Bro Mike's spirit got saved but his flesh remains flesh and prone to sin, that's why he still tells lies.[/quote]
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
Davidvigbe:
Can u explain this verse to me

[/b] Ezekiel 18:24 ~ But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.[b]

God himself has answered the question here.when a righteous man turns from this to righteousness, he shall not live ..
Did the verse say he will go to hell or has lost his salvation?
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by PrincewithGod(m): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
He love the world which made him abandoned Paul, not Jesus. Stop being eisegestical by reading the wrong meaning into that simple passage.
So.... what does loving the world mean to you? 1John 2 vs 15 - 17 says, "Love not the world, neither things that are in the world. if any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever".

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Olumyco(m): 12:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
Op you are very wrong. What you wrote up there is a pure false teaching. Its an Anti-Christ doctrine.
OP I know your type. You are a Calvinist. I can even further tell you what you believe. You also believe in predestination, Election before conversion and so on. See let me tell you, People are knowledgeable now and they can read and understand the Bible. Gone are the days when you follow your Pastor or a doctrine hook, line and sinker. We know better now.

Your doctrine of eternal security is a license to commit sin. And no sinner will make heaven. The Bible says nothing unclean will enter there.

OP please repent and hook up with the sound doctrine. A Christian can loose his salvation if he is careless with it. That a Christian can loose his salvation is the reason why the words Backsliding and Apostasy exist.

To Those Yarning For The Truth

About Eternal Security

Eternal Security did not save:

1. Balaam

2. Saul the King

3. The five foolish Virgin

4. Judas Iscariot

5. Ananias & Sapphira

6. Demas

7. The 5 Asian Churches accused

Bible References

Hebrews 10:26 (KJV) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Hebrews 10:38-39 (KJV) Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

1 Corinthians 9:27 (KJV) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Matthew 19:30 (KJV) But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Matthew 18:15-17 (KJV) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Romans 6:1 (KJV) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Ezekiel 18:24-26 (KJV) But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Revelation 2:5 (KJV) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

And so on...

OP if you really want to make sense and present/debate with fact and truth while putting in mind that the people you are talking to here are intelligent and knows the Bible kindly refute the claim that eternal security did not saved Balaam, Saul, The 5 foolish virgins, Judas, Ananias & Sapphira, Dema and the 5 Asian Churches accused as mentioned above together with those Bible Verses.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
PrincewithGod:

So.... what does loving the world mean to you? 1John 2 vs 15 - 17 says, "Love not the world, neither things that are in the world. if any man love the world, the love of the father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever".
The verse about Demas didn't say he loved the world. It simply says he loved this world, which means he loved his life and was not ready to risk it with walking with Paul who was kNown to face so many risk.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Hier(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Many claim to be Christians today buy are not because they don't believe in Jesus. They were just born into a Christian home and practiced it without believing in it. That's why he be Ame fully atheistic.

Once you become a true Christian, the holy spirit enters inside of you and lives forever. It will never allow you do anything terrible such that it will seem like you are no longer worthy of eternal life. That atheist was never a Christian.

What are the requirements for salvation? To be saved, you have to confess the Lordship, believing the Death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and accept Him as our saviour. The same person might be trying to grow in their faith and attempt to be evangelical and run into some athiest who would twist all he has believed. I must confess, when I just joined NL, and I was confronted by these athiest, I knew how I had to stay away from this site before I could regain my balance because if I had argued further, I might have rejected the gospel. See, people change, they might be sincere with their believes today and truly want to kNow God, but when confusion set in, they lose their stand. No one pretends to love God, I have seen people crying while giving their lives to Christ, are you saying they don't mean it, and today, some of those girls are runs girl, simple because of the hardship. Please be a politician, I'm one already
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by viaco(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Did the verse say he will go to hell or has lost his salvation?

Revelation 21:8
8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Kealmin(m): 2:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Hier(m): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
jaxxy:

I think what he is trying to say is ur belief is what saves u and not ur act of righteousness because it is like filty rags. If u believe Jesus is the son of God and he died for ur sins is most important.(ur Faith)

No human can be perfect by himself unless u want to deceive urself. However Ure not ment to continue in sin at will cos that will go against what u believe bt if u sin u can always repent.

The illusion that u can be perfect by ur works is similar to the illusion that when u sin u won’t make heaven when what really would matter is ur faith.

The only issue is continuous willful sin can affect ur belief and faith and that why u need to repent and try not to sin. It can also get u into unnecessary troubles also bt u can not loose heaven if u believe and have faith in him.

That's exactly the point, Eternal Salvation is an half truth, a truth I believe have to do with the nullification of the yearly sacrifice of bulls and bloods. Now, we can be saved, once and forever provided we do not sin. Those are the revelations behind eternal salvation and that alone. Now, if anyone says you can't lose you salvation, he's saying that, despite you sin, you still remain saved and that's something I totally disagree with. I can live an holy life and my salvation is till intact, have you heard about the accuser of the brethen, the Bible did not say the devil accuses those that have sinned and are under his(devil) control, but he(devil) accuses those who are saved so the devil would attack them. The devil seeketh whom he may devour, those he want to devour are those who are in the light, not those he has devoured already. Let's not fool ourselves with revelations that are inconsistent
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Hier(m): 2:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
vislabraye:

Consider this: The gift and calling of God is without repentance Rm2: 11.
God doesn't change his mind concerning a believer. But a believer who loves God does not derive pleasure in sin.

Yes, you are correct, no believer is meant to derive pleasure in sin and if he doesn't, he won't sin and if he doesn't sin, he's eternally saved.

On the other hand, if he sins, the accuser of the brethren would accuse them before God day and night and God is not unjust. He is a judge between good and evil. If iniquity is found in them, they are no more of the kingdom
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by djon78(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hier:

That's exactly the point, Eternal Salvation is an half truth, a truth I believe have to do with the nullification of the yearly sacrifice of bulls and bloods. Now, we can be saved, once and forever provided we do not sin. Those are the revelations behind eternal salvation and that alone. Now, if anyone says you can't lose you salvation, he's saying that, despite you sin, you still remain saved and that's something I totally disagree with. I can live an holy life and my salvation is till intact, have you heard about the accuser of the brethen, the Bible did not say the devil accuses those that have sinned and are under his(devil) control, but he(devil) accuses those who are saved so the devil would attack them. The devil seeketh whom he may devour, those he want to devour are those who are in the light, not those he has devoured already. Let's not fool ourselves with revelations that are inconsistent

Why the notion provided we do not sin. But do we not sin. Do we not have offenses.

Why did the Lord in our Lords prayer say forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Also in 1 John 2 New International Version (NIV)

2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Psalm 130 King James Version (KJV)
130 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.

2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

3 If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

Psalm 103 King James Version (KJV)
103 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103

8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.

14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Why did I show this scriptures

Does Christian sin yes. But do they live in sin no. When a true Christian sins his heart condemns him. He goes before God and ask for mercy

An unbeliever or ungodly person has no remorse for sin. His heart doesn't condemn him because he is dead

Then as a believer grows he gets stronger and may not do some things he did as a spiritual babe. But this is also a double edge sword because when he becomes prideful he may see himself do those things he was condemning others. I have seen preachers climb pulpit and condemn and judge people claiming that they are holy only to do worse things they were condemning at the pulpit.

That's why apostle Paul wrote in

Galatians 6 New Living Translation (NLT)

1 Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer[a] is overcome by some sin, you who are godly[b] should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. 2 Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. 3 If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important.

There must be balance when interpreting God's word. Because genuine believers who made mistakes have been judged to the extent some even depart from the Lord.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
I was against this doctrine of once saved forever saved until I got a little light recently due to ardent study of the scriptures by the Help and comfort of the Holy Spirit who has being leading me in God's Grace and the eternal life of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The persons that have commented have said 25% of the truth as it relates to salvation but the Mr OP 50%. What we don't know is that there is a difference between SALVATION AND REWARD. However in order not to hoard this little knowledge which is still under enlightenment, it is good we all have a good stand.
SALVATION IS GOD'S GRACE BY FAITH AND THE END PRODUCT IS ETERNAL LIFE. After receiving Eternal life you ought to manifest the Life of the Lord Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit who indwells you. As a result of this YOUR FAITH IS NOT DEAD BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING GOOD WORKS AND THE RESULT FOR GOOD WORKS IS REWARD. You work out your salvation in fear and trembling not to gain or guarantee your salvation but as a result of the fact that you are SAVED AND NOT TRYING TO BE Saved.
The Holy Spirit will never allow any Christian to continue in sin because He will definitely correct and discipline that Christian until that Christian gives up on sin, BECAUSE THAT CHRISTIAN IS BOUGHT WITH A PRICE WHICH IS THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
But however, if a Christian refused the disciplines of the Holy Spirit and the conscience of that Christian becomes seared and blocked by sin,
1. He won't be used by God as a vessel of honour here on Earth in bringing glory to the kingdom of God,
2. He will not be a partaker of the millennium(5 foolish virgins).
3. That Christian cannot ascend to his throne at once in the kingdom of God. Though he is saved he will mature to ascend to that throne unlike those that never continued in sin and will ascend that throne once. (PLEASE YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF THE SPIRITUAL WORLD IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND THIS).
Every Christians will be tested by Fire on the last day. All with ETERNAL LIFE but not all will be with a REWARD.
The concept of the Spiritual World is what the combination of all Human Brains cannot ascertain. If we can sit down and have a little thought about ETERNITY THEN WE'LL ALL KNOW THAT THERE WILL BE A WHOLE LOT OF PROCESSES AND ACTIVITIES BUT THIS TIME NO SIN AND EVERYTHING IN PERFECT HARMONY.
The doctrine of once saved and forever saved can be deciphered with all the parables of the Lord Jesus Christ. ONLY THOSE THAT DON'T BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL END IN THE LAKE OF FIRE. But there is also a scripture that says "THE MERCY OF THE LORD NEVER CEASE AND HIS LOVE NEVER COMES TO AN END....... Let me stop here because of some babes.

Knowledge of the Bible is good but back up your knowledge with PRAYERS because lack of an Effective, Fervent and Earnest Prayer is the problem of Christianity of our day. Let your knowledge be converted into life as you allow the Holy Spirit to pray through you according to the will of God Almighty in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

No need of trying too much to convict anybody because you will be claiming or taking the perfect job of the Holy Spirit.
Instead of arguing with ourselves and with the unbelievers, it is good and more sensible that we concentrate more on PRAYER AND THE HOLY SPIRIT OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL DO HIS JOB PERFECTLY.

THANKS.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by rhektor(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Really? shocked shocked shocked
He love the world and left Paul but he was following Jesus whilst loving the world? If any man love the world the love of the father is not in him, I guess you have forgotten about this verse before jumping to such a conclusion grin
Anyway happy new year in advance
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
rhektor:

He love the world and left Paul but he was following Jesus whilst loving the world? If any man love the world the love of the father is not in him, I guess you have forgotten about this verse before jumping to such a conclusion grin
He loved THIS world is quite different from the loved THE world.

Know the difference.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by rhektor(m): 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
He loved THIS world is quite different from the loved THE world.

Know the difference.

Guy you are unimaginable Ọlọ́run!
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by diadem10: 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

a quote from the OP

Judas was saved bro. Jesus in his prayer made mention of not losing any of the sheeps God gave him except the son of perdition. Which means Judas was part of the sheep but got lost in the end. That was why Jesus said Satan wanted to claim Peter but He already prayed for him.

Don't also forget there was a time Jesus sent the disciples out after he laid hands on them and they all went out healing the sicks and preaching the gospel. They were all saved until Judas lost it because he failed to repent. That was why Paul said he always keep himself under inorder not to be a cast away even after he preached to many.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
diadem10:

Judas was saved bro. Jesus in his prayer made mention of not losing any of the sheeps God gave him except the son of perdition. Which means Judas was part of the sheep but got lost in the end. That was why Jesus said Satan wanted to claim Peter but He already prayed for him.

Don't also forget there was a time Jesus sent the disciples out after he laid hands on them and they all went out healing the sicks and preaching the gospel. They were all saved until Judas lost it because he failed to repent. That was why Paul said he always keep himself under inorder not to be a cast away even after he preached to many.
Judas was never part of the sheep God gave Jesus otherwise he won't have been lost. Jesus knew from day one that Judas was a devil but still chose him to fulfill the words of the prophets wjonsaybhe would be betrayed.

Even false prophets heal the sick. Antichrist will do the same. Now will that make him good? Someone like you will be deceived by his healing signs just as Judas healing and preaching got you decieved into thinking he was saved. Peter also thought Judas was saved, only Jesus knew.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by alBHAGDADI: 5:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
rhektor:

He loved THIS world is different from the loved THE world. He loved this world because he was not ready to risk his life for the gospel just as Paul was doing. For example, cam you go and preach the gospel on the middle of the streets of Saudi Arabia? No, because you still love this world and not ready to leave it by losing your life. That was what Demas was about.

Loving THE world is to love the things in it. The Bible gave us examples.

1 John 2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by jaxxy(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hier:

I don’t think it is possible for any man to not sin and ur so called holy life is still not so holy b4 God. It’s only by the work of Christ we can be saved and saved in totality. Nobody is perfect and we will only keep trying which the the working of our faith. Even paul wasn’t perfect.

It’s like saying Chris saved u bt Ure now trying to save urself.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by diadem10: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Judas was never part of the sheep God gave Jesus otherwise he won't have been lost. Jesus knew from day one that Judas was a devil but still chose him to fulfill the words of the prophets wjonsaybhe would be betrayed.

Even false prophets heal the sick. Antichrist will do the same. Now will that make him good? Someone like you will be deceived by his healing signs just as Judas healing and preaching got you decieved into thinking he was saved. Peter also thought Judas was saved, only Jesus knew.

Judas was saved. We all knew all the disciples did these miracles through the power of Jesus Christ. Hence, there was no satanic power operating through them.
In fact, we learned that Satan entered Judas on the last supper day. John 13:27 says ''and after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, that thou does, do quickly''.

This tells us that Judas was still dabbling around sin after he has been saved (we knew he was stealing money from the treasure bag and the fact that he loved money which is the root of evil) yet there were abounding grace for him but he failed to repent while there was still grace.

Note there was no where in the bible it was prophesied of who would betray Jesus. In fact, Jesus kept preaching repentance as soon as John the baptist was murdered and Judas was always with all through this time. Luke 13:3 says ''I tell you, nay but except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish''. Judas failed to heed to this warning and perished in the end.

I almost fell into this ''once saved, saved forever'' doctrine until I knew better. First you have to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Secondly, you confess your sin and then repent of it.

The moment you do the first, you get to have the grace upon you hence you need to utilise this grace and repent of your sins. The scripture says you can't continue in sin and expect grace to abound. It also says whoever cover his sin shall not prosper.

Once you have done this, you will receive the power to be numb to sin. I can tell you I have put it into experiment and I'm a testimony of it. You will just feel you're numb to things you couldn't even resist doing prior to this and this is called sanctification. That was why Ezekiel 36:26 says ''a new heart also will I give you and a new spirit and I will take away the stony heart...". That's what sactification is about.

The previous Verse 25 of same chapter talked about salvation and says ''Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you and ye shall be clean from all your filthiness and idols...". So tell me, after you've been saved and cleansed from all filthiness, why continue to add more filthiness? If you continue to add more filthiness, sactification won't be accomplished. God's rule is to cleanse you first before sanctifying you for himself and we all know God doesn't sanctify unclean things to himself. I tell you he would still continue to wait for you to repent of your sin and that's where grace abound but once you keep on piling in more filthiness, na OYO be your case.

And after sanctification, you would need to watch it by not constantly exposing yourself to these previous sins even if you aint moved by them anymore. The scripture says bad communication corrupt good manners and also says ''Flee from all appearance of evil''. If you don't flee, your new pure heart would keep getting defiled little by little which you wouldn't realise at first until you're totally sucked in and back to square 1.

Verse 27 of the same Ezekiel chapter talked about the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the crown of it all. It says ''And I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statues...''. This time you're more embolden by the Holy Spirit who will always lead, teach, advise and order your steps. He could always order you to leave a particular place or stop doing a particular thing before you're sucked in and so-on.. However if you continue to fail to heed to the Holy Spirit's warning, He will eventually leave because the Spirit of God doesn't dwell in filthiness although the gift of the Holy Spirit is without repentance. Hence the reason you could still see a sinful person speak in tongues and do other spiritual things even when the Holy Spirit aint with him anymore. Example was King Saul who was still a great warrior even after God had already disowned him and annointed David. Eventually Satan entered into him and claimed him like he did with Judas and he became a reprobate. Another was Samson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by diadem10: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
To add to it, Act 3:19 says ''Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshment shall come from the presence of the Lord''

See that. You have to repent first.
As a matter of fact, the work of Salvation brings along two things to an individual and that's Grace and Sactification. You can't continue to wallow in your sin and expect the work of salvation to be completed.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Tashacobbs(f): 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Don't you kNow that there are consequences for those sins? If you rape, you go to jail. Fornication might come with STD. Is that what you want for yourself?

It is your spirit that is saved, your flesh remains the same. Your flesh pushes you to sin which you will pay times fall for, but your spirit iOS saved eternally.
lies from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by PrincewithGod(m): 3:11am On Jan 01, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
The verse about Demas didn't say he loved the world. It simply says he loved this world, which means he loved his life and was not ready to risk it with walking with Paul who was kNown to face so many risk.
Your own apostasy is hopeless.
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 01, 2019
@alBHAGDADI
This is what you'll get when you're trying to preach about what you don't know on SOCIAL MEDIA. grin grin
Jesus sent His own followers to go and preach to people IN THEIR HOMES, but you want to sit down in your room spewing what people haven't hard before in all their lives and expecting them to swallow it just like that! cheesy cheesy
Jehovah's Witnesses who are going from house to house with the Bible in our bags, you're calling all sort of names,now i can't just imagine look on people's faces in your neighborhood with all these stupidity you're divulging on social media if they can see you face to face spewing it life in their presence! embarassed embarassed
Enjoy yourself with your social media MINISTRY. grin grin grin
Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by djon78(m): 11:33am On Jan 01, 2019
TATIME:
@alBHAGDADI
This is what you'll get when you're trying to preach about what you don't know on SOCIAL MEDIA. grin grin
Jesus sent His own followers to go and preach to people IN THEIR HOMES, but you want to sit down in your room spewing what people haven't hard before in all their lives and expecting them to swallow it just like that! cheesy cheesy
Jehovah's Witnesses who are going from house to house with the Bible in our bags, you're calling all sort of names,now i can't just imagine look on people's faces in your neighborhood with all these stupidity you're divulging on social media if they can see you face to face spewing it life in their presence! embarassed embarassed
Enjoy yourself with your social media MINISTRY. grin grin grin

The Bible says iron sharpen iron when we ponder on the things of God. I can authoritative tell you that this particular thread with all the sharing has greatly enriched my Christian life and walk.

And social media is even a more potent means of reaching out to people. At least we discuss the things of God instead of filth.

You will be surprised at the number of lives this thread has greatly affected for good and souls saved for the kingdom. Never you underestimate the power of social media most especially this Nairaland

1 Like

Re: If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
djon78:

The Bible says iron sharpen iron when we ponder on the things of God. I can authoritative tell you that this particular thread with all the sharing has greatly enriched my Christian life and walk.

And social media is even a more potent means of reaching out to people. At least we discuss the things of God instead of filth.

You will be surprised at the number of lives this thread has greatly affected for good and souls saved for the kingdom. Never you underestimate the power of social media most especially this Nairaland
Do you truthfully believe in Jesus Christ?
Well let's reason together on that.
Jesus sent His own followers to go and MEET PEOPLE IN THEIR HOMES.Matthew 10:11-15 Why must they SEE the person face to face? Because according to God's word teaching isn't about theory but PRACTICAL, meaning to teach with efficacy you must live by what you're teaching for your listener to learn while watching the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS as the one teaching exhibits it.Deuteronomy 6:6,7
So according to Jesus of Nazareth, teaching is important after PREACHING and you can only teach by examples! Hebrew 13:7
My friend, i can confidently tell you that (without seeing the PRACTICAL APPLICATION) what those you're referring to are doing FACELESSLY on social media can NEVER work out the required standard that was taught by Jesus of Nazareth! Matthew 28:19,20
Jesus concluded His sermon on the mountain by emphasizing the need for doing exactly what He laid down as principles and proceedings, otherwise those claiming they've accepted Jesus through THEORETICAL teachings without SEEING the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of what they were to to BELIEVE will fail woefully in the face of severe test of Faith which Satan is prepared to use in challenging all those who want to live the Christlike way! Matthew 7:24-27 ,2Timothy 3:12

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Buhari’s Reelection Will Bring More Hardship / 57th Annual Convention Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (rccg) / Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.