Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB (4404 Views)

Tinubu Now Has 35 Days Left To Appear In Court / FIRS Sets April 12 Deadline For Taxpayers To Get TIN / Presidency Orders Agencies To Release Data To JTB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Onyemadonald(m): 12:13am On Dec 31, 2018
The database of taxpayers in Nigeria has increased from 20 million to 35 million according to The Joint Tax Board (JTB).

The Executive Secretary of the Board, Mr Oseni Elamah, revealed this in a brief interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Sunday in Abuja.

Mr Elamah further explained that the great feat was achieved as a result of the ongoing database consolidation of JTB, an initiative being carried out in collaboration with the Nigeria Inter Bank Settlement System (NIBSS).
He said that the figure of the taxpayers is combined with both individuals and corporate bodies.

He said that this showed that there was a massive increase of the database, imagine when that translated to actual taxes that were collected in Naira and Kobo.

We are trying to break them into classes of taxpayers and various jurisdictions where they reside, state by state.

“Hopefully, this information will be communicated to all the states by first week of January and then we will ask them to file their reports for tax assessment. From the information, we will tell Nigerians, how many are teachers, artisans, entertainers among others,” he said.

Mr Elamah disclosed that on the average, about 22 per cent growth in tax revenue had been recorded in both state revenue services and Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) when compared to 2017.

He further stated that this figure was collated as at third quarter; and it would move to 30 per cent by the end of last quarter. By end of the year, 2018 will be one of the best results ever posted by FIRS and most of the states.

He stated that with the coming of the Tax Identification Number (TIN), and Bank Verification Number (BVN), the tax authorities were currently tackling incomes of taxpayers and making sure they paid their taxes as at when due.

He gave the assurance that the board would create more public awareness and increase in voluntary compliance and also enhance the capacity of workers to be tax professionals while commending Executive chairman of FIRS and the JTB, Mr Babatunde Fowler for his role in achieving the feat within a short while.
(NAN)

SOURCE: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2018/12/nigeria-now-has-35-million-taxpayers-jtb.html

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by GavelSlam: 12:25am On Dec 31, 2018
Therefore statistic on unemployment being bandied cannot be correct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:57am On Dec 31, 2018
This is UNPRECEDENTED in the history of the nation.

Gradually, we will get there.

God bless our handsome President MUHAMMADU BUHARI as he takes us to the land flowing with milk and honey AKA, the NEXT LEVEL.

Wailers,

You wake up every morning and rush to social media in search of bad news of this nation,so that you will comment and share it among your friends.......but when you see the good news ,you pretend to be blind.
And every night you stays in one corner of your room praying to God to bless anything you lay your hands on in the same country 
Hmmmm!!! May God forgive and have mercy on you.
#May Our President Succeed 
#When Nigeria become great , you will surely see this.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by sogodihno: 5:03am On Dec 31, 2018
God bless the president of the Federal republic of Nigeria. May we not return Thieves and robbers to Aso rock.

We sane Nigerians stand with PMB/PYO till 2023.

PDP has 16 years to do something, instead they loot the treasury and some people are already crying that we should return them.
GEJ borrow to pay salary when the oil prices was at the highest, they turn year of surplus to scantiness. we should return them?

#Ko le work

No to Atikulooter and Akotileta.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by sukerefakere(m): 5:04am On Dec 31, 2018
embarassed
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by badman007(m): 5:11am On Dec 31, 2018
E be like say dem want to tell us another story again.
Bubu/Jubril, pls Continue to pepper dem.

God Bless the Fedral Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by chiedu7: 5:14am On Dec 31, 2018
If we are to do state by state & take state of origin into account, we will soon realize that the Norths population is false
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by WeRblessed(f): 5:25am On Dec 31, 2018
Shameless!!!

So what impact have you made with the tax payers money.

No good roads, no electricity , no good healthcare system, no job, no peace for the poor masses.

Continue, God de!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Lipscomb(m): 5:39am On Dec 31, 2018
cheesy this is what Igbos don't want to hear.
post=74311995:
This is UNPRECEDENTED in the history of the nation.

Gradually, we will get there.

God bless our handsome President MUHAMMADU BUHARI as he takes us to the land flowing with milk and honey AKA, the NEXT LEVEL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44am On Dec 31, 2018
Lipscomb:
cheesy this is what Igbos don't want to hear.
Lol cheesy, they are always so pained seeing good news about the country

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by mfm04622: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2018
GavelSlam:

Both can be correct at same time
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Shawnnn01: 6:10am On Dec 31, 2018
WeRblessed:
Shameless!!!
So what impact have you made with the tax payers money.
No good roads, no electricity , no good healthcare system, no job, no peace for the poor masses.
Continue, God de!

Exactly where is the good infrastructure PDP left Nigeria within the 16 locust years it rule for a clown like you to be asking of infrastructure from a barely 3 years old APC led govt yet you know Abuja rail as been commissioned both Abuja n ph airport now have brand new terminals. Kaduna n Abuja airport also now have new run way all within less than 3 years. Which of this did PDP offer in 16 years with more money it had ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 6:17am On Dec 31, 2018
grin
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by helinues: 6:23am On Dec 31, 2018
Which one are we going to believe now?

Millions of job lost or millions of job regained
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by WeRblessed(f): 6:33am On Dec 31, 2018
Shawnnn01:

Exactly where is the good infrastructure PDP left Nigeria within the 16 locust years it rule for a clown like you to be asking of infrastructure from a barely 3 years old APC led govt yet you know Abuja rail as been commissioned both Abuja n ph airport now have brand new terminals. Kaduna n Abuja airport also now have new run way all within less than 3 years. Which of this did PDP offer in 16 years with more money it had ?

I will not lower my standard to argue with a brain-dead lost sheep like you. You called airport renovation infrastructure ? How many Nigerians are using those rail ways? How many poor masses can afford the faire of those trains? I do not talk politics and I am neither for Buhari nor for any other political party as they are all the same criminals Nigeria has paraded for ages. Are you not touched with the fact that Nigeria has no good leaders? Are you not concern that even after Buhari wins 2019 election that Nigerian problems will still not solved? A country where there is no justice, equity, fairness, and liberty. A country where the military and police molest the innocent civilians and no question asked. The government will loot the common wealth and no one is prosecuted. No adequate health care, schools are not equipped with research and technology, workers are not paid, student spend 6 years in university due to strike. It does not take a great leader more than six months to implement a plan. Buhari wasted over one year in London hospital. Took him almost one year to appoint a minister. We agreed that GEJ government was not okay, but Buhari is worse. He came for change, so will it take him 10 years to implement the change? If you dont have shame let me lend you one. You can support Buhari because you are a Muslim or because you are from the north, but truth of the matter is Buhari does not know you. He and his family are safe, they eat well, sleep in air conditions, travel abroad with your money, if they have ear infections they travel to London, all the children schooled abroad, but you live in squalor. If you get sick doctor will tell you there is no medicine or there is no light for surgery. You are not safe 8n your own house. Your children will spend 6 years in university instead of 4 years. Work from January to December and you only get paid 4 or 5 times. Police will arrest and beat you for the crime you did not commit but no justice for you. Your landlord will maltreat you and you call the police, instead of police to arrest him he will bribe police and you will be arrested. This is Nigerian! I don't blame you.

This is my last response to you bye.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by aku626(m): 6:44am On Dec 31, 2018
So what’s the money being used for? I mean if every Nigerian pays 100 ngn. Every month the money can easily take care of some obvious infrastructural deficits
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by chloride6: 7:10am On Dec 31, 2018
Yeah PHCN vat payers

grin

Y'all need to grow some balls and integrate taxes with the banking System.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Shawnnn01: 7:15am On Dec 31, 2018
WeRblessed:

I will not lower my standard to argue with a brain-dead lost sheep like you. You called airport renovation infrastructure ? How many Nigerians are using those rail ways? How many poor masses can afford the faire of those trains? I do not talk politics and I am neither for Buhari nor for any other political party as they are all the same criminals Nigeria has paraded for ages. Are you not touched with the fact that Nigeria has no good leaders? Are you not concern that even after Buhari wins 2019 election that Nigerians problems will still not solved? A country where there is not justice, equity, fairness, and liberty. A country where the military and police molest the innocent civilians and no question asked. The government will loot the common wealth and no one is prosecuted. No adequate health care, schools are not equipped with research and technology, workers are not paid, student spend 6 years in university due to strike. It does not take a great leader more than six months to implement a plan. Buhari wasted over one year in London hospital. Took him almost one year to appoint a minister. We agreed that GEJ government was not okay, but Buhari is worse. He came for change, so will it take him 10 years to implement the change? If you dont have shame let me lend you one. You can support Buhari because you are a Muslim or because you are from the north, but truth of the matter is Buhari does not know you. He and his family are safe, they eat well, sleep in air conditions, travel abroad with your money, if they have ear infections they travel to London, all the children schooled abroad, but you live in squalor. I don't blame you.

You no get sense I swear. Where was the good governance in PDP 16 years n why demand it from Buhari in 3 year ? What about the health school technology n every other nonsense you listed ? To the best of my knowledge Buhari lend money to state to pay wages, first of it kind in Nigeria but you’d rather we go back to Jonathan era where the president had to lend to pay federal civil servant n endemic looting was the order of the day n puccies like you’d be demanding for school roads etc. You never get sense n I no sure say Na this millennium you go get am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by abbeyty(m): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2018
The question now is, what have they done with the taxes collected so far?
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by abiodunakande19: 7:41am On Dec 31, 2018
This is the sweat of nigerians been used by the fraudulent government
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2018
GavelSlam:
True
I have always known that those figures about unemployed people is blatant lie.

Everyday on Nairaland tens of jobs are advertised. A friend who works for a multinational told me his company made record breaking profit this year.

Nigerian farmers are smiling to the bank making millions.

I know a school teacher who resigned his job and went into full time farming after recording 1000% profit from a seasons farming. He paid of a 2million loan in a single installment and made 10 million extra profit.
Personally for me, this year has been the best year of my life, that I can testify

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Akinz0126(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2018
Shawnnn01:

You no get sense I swear. Where was the good governance in PDP 16 years n why demand it from Buhari in 3 year ? What about the health school technology n every other nonsense you listed ? To the best of my knowledge Buhari lend money to state to pay wages, first of it kind in Nigeria but you’d rather we go back to Jonathan era where the preside had to lend to pay federal civil servant n endemic looting was the order of the day n puccies likd you’d be demanding for school roads etc. you never get sense n I no sure say Na this millennium you go am.

Is that the only achievement of your lord?He learnt money to state to pay salaries?What about Abacha loot?where is it? What was the fund used for? You lots keep talking about PDP 16 years of bad governance...What about their achievements? Their is always two side to things both the positive and the negative.Unfortunately you all decided to play dumd and numb to the their achievement and sucking on their demerit. Are those in charge of the 16 years not also in the current administration?You all keep defending the undefendable simply because you want to attain power come 2023...What kind of youths do we have in this country self

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by MylezKayn(m): 8:02am On Dec 31, 2018
WeRblessed:

I will not lower my standard to argue with a brain-dead lost sheep like you. You called airport renovation infrastructure ? How many Nigerians are using those rail ways? How many poor masses can afford the faire of those trains? I do not talk politics and I am neither for Buhari nor for any other political party as they are all the same criminals Nigeria has paraded for ages. Are you not touched with the fact that Nigeria has no good leaders? Are you not concern that even after Buhari wins 2019 election that Nigerian problems will still not solved? A country where there is no justice, equity, fairness, and liberty. A country where the military and police molest the innocent civilians and no question asked. The government will loot the common wealth and no one is prosecuted. No adequate health care, schools are not equipped with research and technology, workers are not paid, student spend 6 years in university due to strike. It does not take a great leader more than six months to implement a plan. Buhari wasted over one year in London hospital. Took him almost one year to appoint a minister. We agreed that GEJ government was not okay, but Buhari is worse. He came for change, so will it take him 10 years to implement the change? If you dont have shame let me lend you one. You can support Buhari because you are a Muslim or because you are from the north, but truth of the matter is Buhari does not know you. He and his family are safe, they eat well, sleep in air conditions, travel abroad with your money, if they have ear infections they travel to London, all the children schooled abroad, but you live in squalor. If you get sick doctor will tell you there is no medicine or there is no light for surgery. You are not safe 8n your own house. Your children will spend 6 years in university instead of 4 years. Work from January to December and you only get paid 4 or 5 times. Police will arrest and beat you for the crime you did not commit but no justice for you. Your landlord will maltreat you and you call the police, instead of police to arrest him he will bribe police and you will be arrested. This is Nigerian! I don't blame you.

U nailed it Bro.. I can't help but marvel at how stupid we are as a nation. Instead of us to think of Collectively think of how to salvage our nation from the jaws of destruction we are blinded by Ethnicity, financial inducement(BMCs) and religious sentiments.
We are Speeding towards a black hole and don't expect to come out of it unscathed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by GavelSlam: 8:24am On Dec 31, 2018
MylezKayn:

U nailed it Bro.. I can't help but marvel at how stupid we are as a nation. Instead of us to think of Collectively think of how to salvage our nation from the jaws of destruction we are blinded by Ethnicity, financial inducement(BMCs) and religious sentiments.
We are Speeding towards a black hole and don't expect to come out of it unscathed

He nailed nothing.

You owe yourself the responsibility for survival and to flourish.

The government owes you infrastructure, the deficit of which is being addressed.

They owe you security mostly from external aggressors. For matters relating to the internal, government has to be extremely tactical and must have the total support of most.

Not your kind that hails the Senate for not approving funds for security.

Not your kind that tacitly supports Boko Haram. I see here on Nairaland some of you approve of Boko Haram's propaganda and criticise the military just to feel you are winning politically. One wonders what you do in your private lives.

This government has settled old debts to individuals, contractors and corporations. Had others been so responsible to their obligations there would have been greater wealth.

In any case, the growth indices even if small show positivity. You owe it to yourself and your conscience to be involved in industry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Timothy733: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2018
I will say this is progress compared to where we were in 1999 but as many here have said and will say, their best just is not enough. It will not suffice if we are to have any kind of a future. mobdro
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Shawnnn01: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2018
Akinz0126:

Is that the only achievement of your lord?He learnt money to state to pay salaries?What about Abacha loot?where is it? What was the fund used for? You lots keep talking about PDP 16 years of bad governance...What about their achievements? Their is always two side to things both the positive and the negative.Unfortunately you all decided to play dumd and numb to the their achievement and sucking on their demerit. Are those in charge of the 16 years not also in the current administration?You all keep defending the undefendable simply because you want to attain power come 2023...What kind of youths do we have in this country self
I know it is a waste responding to you but if you are looking to the positives, I will gladly tell you APC achieved more positive n less negative compare to the PDP.

Positives
In less than 4 years Abuja n PH have new airport terminals. Abuja n Kaduna new runway. Abuja metro commission by Buhari, Ajaokuta train working already. Lagos Abuja rail in progress.

What as PDP achieved in 16 yrs to rival this ?

Negatives
PDP brought boko haram but you are blaming APC 4 being able to wipe it out as fast enough.

What about all the degradation of all infrastructure within its 16 locust year to the extent the capital airport was destroyed n PDP could not fix it for 16 years. Many of you supporting PDP need to be beaten blue black with razor sharp matchet I swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by erico2k2(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2018
Shawnnn01:

You no get sense I swear. Where was the good governance in PDP 16 years n why demand it from Buhari in 3 year ? What about the health school technology n every other nonsense you listed ? To the best of my knowledge Buhari lend money to state to pay wages, first of it kind in Nigeria but you’d rather we go back to Jonathan era where the president had to lend to pay federal civil servant n endemic looting was the order of the day n puccies like you’d be demanding for school roads etc. You never get sense n I no sure say Na this millennium you go get am.
Bross calm down, Ask your own state government what they have been doing for that 16 years,my gut feeling is telling me that 16 years you had an APC governor!
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by erico2k2(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2018
Shawnnn01:

I know it is a waste responding to you but if you are looking to the positives, I will gladly tell you APC achieved more positive n less negative compare to the PDP.

Positives
In less than 4 years Abuja n PH have new airport terminals. Abuja n Kaduna new runway. Abuja metro commission by Buhari, Ajaokuta train working already. Lagos Abuja rail in progress.

Negatives
PDP brought boko haram but you are blaming APC 4 being able to wipe it out as fast enough.

What about all the degradation of all infrastructure within its 16 locust year to the extent the capital airport was destroyed n PDP could not fix it for 16 years. Many of you supporting PDP need to be beaten blue black with razor sharp matchet I swear.

you lot keep mentioning New Airport in PH, this was waht I was trying to tell a person here that that same terminal has been like that since 2015 they argued, I just passed fru that same PH airport, we are still using teh Old terminal, So my friend never believe what politicians say, only back waht you see with your koro koro eyes,That Shiny PH airport was commissioned but not functional,I took pictures of thesame Old terminal I flew from!
Re: Nigeria Now Has 35 Million Taxpayers- JTB by Akinz0126(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
Shawnnn01:

Positives

Negatives

grin grin grin

And you lots supporting APC deserve some accolades ba? Can you tell me the differences between your a claimed PDP and APC?Left for me they all are the same group of persons more or less like old wine in new bottles...May I ask the boko haram you alleged they wiped? Are you sure you are a Nigerian? The boko haram waxing stronger on the daily basis is that your definition of wiped boko haram?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Wike In Big Trouble As Nnamdi Kanu Finally Took Action PHOTOS / Monsters You Made: You Killed Protesters And Told Them To Do Their Worst / South-East APC Delegates Shun Tinubu’s Summon, Demand He Comes To Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.