Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,081 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 (14848 Views)

5 Reasons Why There Will Be Few Federal Government Recruitments In 2019 / 5 Strategic Ways To Get A High Paying Job In 2019 / 5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by gisthabit: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2018
Sometimes a job search can be so frustrating, annoying and overwhelming, especially when you are in an urgent need of a job.
It often feels like there is so much you need to do to become employable in so little time.

This is even worse in the current state of our economy where job loss is on the increase and job creation has taken a nose dive.
In this article, we will discover the secrets to get a dream job in the highly competitive labour market.

#1 Apply for jobs that are never advertised

Most of the really great and high paying jobs get filled even before they are advertised by companies.

Generally, the process of interviewing and selecting a qualified and successful candidate is always tasking and tedious when a job position is advertised considering the numerous people that will be applying for a single position.

Companies find it easier to deal with when the applicants are few so most times, to save time and resources they prefer to screen the qualified few that have applied even without advertising the job.

To achieve this you may need to talk or make friends with an insider in the company to enable you to get information as soon as there is a vacancy.

#2 Don't allow yourself to be discouraged by lack of experience

When developing and reorganizing your résumé for the new role or job you want to apply for, think and tailor your current skills and abilities to the job role you will be applying for.

For instance, knowledge of customer relationship, marketing and sales, information technology will be of great relevance in most careers.

#3 Improve and get new skills

In 2019 companies will be needing not just professionals with the regular requirements or certifications but professionals with skills that are necessary for them to function exceptionally well in their chosen career.

To continuously create opportunities around yourself and to remain marketable, there is a need to develop mastery in your chosen field.
Begin the year by learning a new skill, take advantage of the enormous and unlimited information available to you on the internet.

#4 Don’t depend solely on your résumé

No doubt having a good résumé is the first step to get your foot in the door of your prospective employer and sell yourself to them.
But believe me, in 2019 employers are going to step up their game when it comes to hiring new workers by going as far as checking online to see if you have showcased yourself on the social media.

You can create a professional portfolio on places like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and showcase your professional values, achievements and worth to your prospective employers.

Another great advantage of social media portfolios is that it increases your chances of getting hired as it announces you to companies that are searching for your skills.

#5 Don’t just work for the money

In a Bollywood movie titled 3-Idiots, Ranchodas Chanchad said the following; “make your passion your profession”, “follow excellence and success will chase you pants down”.

Do a self-searching and discover the work that brings out the passion and inner strength in you and gives it a try. If you belong to the group that works just for the money, the titles and power that comes with career growth them you will never find satisfaction and fulfilment no matter how hard or how long you try.

I give you a great example of someone that followed excellence and fulfilment: I know of a woman, an ex-banker who had a thing for cooking.
She quieted her high paying banking job about 10 years back and went into a catering business where she cooks for people during events. At first, she was just doing it for the fun of it not minding the little money she made as income after expenses.

As time went by, the business grew into a multimillion naira catering and event management business. Currently, bankers cue up in her offices convince her to bring her business account to their financial institution.

If you haven’t seen the 3-Idiots MOVIE, I strongly recommend that you do!

#6 Don’t quit your current job

Never do the mistake of quitting your current job while you are yet to secure your dream job. A bird at hand is worth hundreds in out there.

You can rather invest your time before and after work into doing something gainful.
No one says that you cannot get another short time job that will not affect your main job.
The popular belief that having more than one short periods jobs will burn you out is not true but instead worry, stress, idleness and joblessness will.

In developed countries, people do more than one job and still lead a normal and healthy life.

There are several short time or side jobs you can do side by side your main job, read my post on Top paying online business you can do in 2019.

#7 Show sincere gratitude in your current place of employment

Most people love working with thankful, humble, sincere and honest people who give their all to in anything they are assigned to do.
If you have been slacking in your current job, do yourself good by stepping up your game, go the extra mile to do your very best.

Note that the key to happiness is solely in your hands and has nothing to do with your company or bosses. So stop being an emotionally disengaged staff.

#8 Get off social media and back in the game of work

Yes, you need to exercise some level of self-discipline over the use of social media. Once you have uploaded your credentials, get back out into the real world and get back to work.

Social media isn't a job, it is just a tool. Limit your time on social media to maybe during break hours. A teacher doesn’t live for his pen. He or she puts it to work writing things.

Aristotle the great once said, "You will never do anything in this world without COURAGE. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honour,"

Dr Mae Jemison, who is the first African American female astronaut said, “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations,”

The power to choose lies in you, don’t waste your time irrespective of where you are working instead focus on your job and manage it.

Find something you love and start doing it.

If you love writing – get your writing pad and kick off.

If you love to do graphic design – explore the creativity in you.

If you enjoy doing web development – practice and play around with different projects.

Remember practice makes better!!!

Source: http://gisthabit.com/8-top-secrets-to-land-your-dream-job-in-2019/

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by gisthabit: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Mactons(m): 11:59am On Dec 31, 2018
Nice one gisthabit

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Julietnwadili: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
U hv said it all. tnk u so much @gisthabit
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by real691(m): 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
Nice one!

The basics of all is 'whatsoever you findeth, do your best'
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 02, 2019
embarassed
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Tunasco4u(m): 7:03am On Jan 02, 2019
OK
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2019
That #5 is really deep ooo current situation of the economy I wonder how I won’t just be working for the money when I got the job in the first place because of lack of money

God will help us this year

New gears
New mentality
And lastly new president

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2019
Goodluck to all applicants.

For us @, entrepreneurship is bae!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by olayemioshiyemi: 7:05am On Jan 02, 2019
Cool
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Richardjemedafe(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
My greatest mistake was quiting my last job because i WAS HOPING 4 A NEW JOB! TIL DATE I HAVNT GOTTING ANY.

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by wintersnow(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2019
Mehn I really need a job.. It's been 5months since I finished my service, everything has been so tough ever since.. I studied geography and environmental management... I reside in port Harcourt... cry
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 02, 2019
post=74368694:
Goodluck to all applicants.

For us @, entrepreneurship is bae!
keep deceiving ur self. Ur on Nl 24 hours yet dey claim BBQ lol. BmC rat

7 Likes

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by able1993(m): 7:16am On Jan 02, 2019
That is a cool information, never quit a job hoping another comes, a bird at hand is worth more than 100 in the bush......

Do you think you can't make it in life or you need success strategies, best ways to approach life, grooming and guidance, way to academic and business success, or motivational and inspirational articles, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by ThePointMan(m): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2019
Thanks for the highly educative article.

A few of the points highlighted above will really make a person stand out in the corporate world.

One other thing: NETWORK.

It's the one other secret to getting ahead this new year.

Also, businesses thrive on human relationship, asides competence and intelligence. Nobody wants to work with an acidic and distasteful person.

Cultivate a personable nature, as you build your skillset, so your name comes up the mind when once opportunities show up.

To a greater 2019.

Blessings.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by FunctionX(m): 7:24am On Jan 02, 2019
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by ephraim18(m): 7:30am On Jan 02, 2019
nice short bro anything u find diong no matter how small its put in ur best and God will bless ur little effort. thanks

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by AmeLonRo(m): 7:36am On Jan 02, 2019
Great. I got several interviews following all hese tips those searching days.

NOW, Every month we shall have a series of essay contests (maximum 600 words). This is to stimulate our writing, reading and communication skills. Three Winners of the essay contests will be chosen based on originality, structure and grammar. Winners each month will each get N400 airtime of any network sent to their phone numbers. For the month of January 2019, the essay contest is on the topic......

Continue at https://newkokoro.com/2019/01/02/win-n400-airtime-in-january-2019-essay-contest/
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Galaticos444: 7:51am On Jan 02, 2019
wintersnow:
Mehn I really need a job.. It's been 5months since I finished my service, everything has been so tough ever since.. I studied geography and environmental management... I reside in port Harcourt... cry
its well but unfortunately tins Will surely get worse under d dullard president cos more jobs will b lost and very few companies will av d capacity to recruit.i went to port Harcourt 4 inspection last year and most companies av stood off/sack 65% of their employees
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by goodnewscliff(m): 8:26am On Jan 02, 2019
NO 5 NA GABBB
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Simpubozz(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2019
Nice write up OP. Some would said "Jack of all trade is master of None", but I say 'A little idea on just anything' will definitely give you a smooth edge in life. so I guess one needs to keep updating himself while he masters his passion

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by abdulaz: 8:55am On Jan 02, 2019
9. Just know one Senator in Abuja that knows Aisha in Aso Rock and you are good to go grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by donqx: 9:21am On Jan 02, 2019
smiley
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by PeacenLove2: 9:38am On Jan 02, 2019
Richardjemedafe:
My greatest mistake was quiting my last job because i WAS HOPING 4 A NEW JOB! TIL DATE I HAVNT GOTTING ANY.

Don't despair. This Year Will Be Amazing For You I Pray. Sometimes one leaves a job that is likely to screw with ones state of mind whether you have another job waiting or not. As long as you were very sure it was the only thing to do and it wasn't adding any value to you ... skills especially. Keep your head up.

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Cholls(m): 9:50am On Jan 02, 2019
PeacenLove2:

Don't despair. This Year Will Be Amazing For You I Pray. Sometimes one leaves a job that is likely to screw with ones state of mind whether you have another job waiting or not. As long as you were very sure it was the only thing to do and it wasn't adding any value to you ... skills especially. Keep your head up.
my brother tell am

1 Like

Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by leonard002(m): 11:18am On Jan 02, 2019
Thank you!
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
Connection, connection and more connections is what you need.
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by pressplay411(m): 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2019
gisthabit:
Sometimes a job search can be so frustrating, annoying and overwhelming, especially when you are in an urgent need of a job.
It often feels like there is so much you need to do to become employable in so little time.

This is even worse in the current state of our economy where job loss is on the increase and job creation has taken a nose dive.
In this article, we will discover the secrets to get a dream job in the highly competitive labour market.

#1 Apply for jobs that are never advertised

Most of the really great and high paying jobs get filled even before they are advertised by companies.

Generally, the process of interviewing and selecting a qualified and successful candidate is always tasking and tedious when a job position is advertised considering the numerous people that will be applying for a single position.

Companies find it easier to deal with when the applicants are few so most times, to save time and resources they prefer to screen the qualified few that have applied even without advertising the job.

To achieve this you may need to talk or make friends with an insider in the company to enable you to get information as soon as there is a vacancy.

#2 Don't allow yourself to be discouraged by lack of experience

When developing and reorganizing your résumé for the new role or job you want to apply for, think and tailor your current skills and abilities to the job role you will be applying for.

For instance, knowledge of customer relationship, marketing and sales, information technology will be of great relevance in most careers.

#3 Improve and get new skills

In 2019 companies will be needing not just professionals with the regular requirements or certifications but professionals with skills that are necessary for them to function exceptionally well in their chosen career.

To continuously create opportunities around yourself and to remain marketable, there is a need to develop mastery in your chosen field.
Begin the year by learning a new skill, take advantage of the enormous and unlimited information available to you on the internet.

#4 Don’t depend solely on your résumé

No doubt having a good résumé is the first step to get your foot in the door of your prospective employer and sell yourself to them.
But believe me, in 2019 employers are going to step up their game when it comes to hiring new workers by going as far as checking online to see if you have showcased yourself on the social media.

You can create a professional portfolio on places like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn and showcase your professional values, achievements and worth to your prospective employers.

Another great advantage of social media portfolios is that it increases your chances of getting hired as it announces you to companies that are searching for your skills.

#5 Don’t just work for the money

In a Bollywood movie titled 3-Idiots, Ranchodas Chanchad said the following; “make your passion your profession”, “follow excellence and success will chase you pants down”.

Do a self-searching and discover the work that brings out the passion and inner strength in you and gives it a try. If you belong to the group that works just for the money, the titles and power that comes with career growth them you will never find satisfaction and fulfilment no matter how hard or how long you try.

I give you a great example of someone that followed excellence and fulfilment: I know of a woman, an ex-banker who had a thing for cooking.
She quieted her high paying banking job about 10 years back and went into a catering business where she cooks for people during events. At first, she was just doing it for the fun of it not minding the little money she made as income after expenses.

As time went by, the business grew into a multimillion naira catering and event management business. Currently, bankers cue up in her offices convince her to bring her business account to their financial institution.

If you haven’t seen the 3-Idiots MOVIE, I strongly recommend that you do!

#6 Don’t quit your current job

Never do the mistake of quitting your current job while you are yet to secure your dream job. A bird at hand is worth hundreds in out there.

You can rather invest your time before and after work into doing something gainful.
No one says that you cannot get another short time job that will not affect your main job.
The popular belief that having more than one short periods jobs will burn you out is not true but instead worry, stress, idleness and joblessness will.

In developed countries, people do more than one job and still lead a normal and healthy life.

There are several short time or side jobs you can do side by side your main job, read my post on Top paying online business you can do in 2019.

#7 Show sincere gratitude in your current place of employment

Most people love working with thankful, humble, sincere and honest people who give their all to in anything they are assigned to do.
If you have been slacking in your current job, do yourself good by stepping up your game, go the extra mile to do your very best.

Note that the key to happiness is solely in your hands and has nothing to do with your company or bosses. So stop being an emotionally disengaged staff.

#8 Get off social media and back in the game of work

Yes, you need to exercise some level of self-discipline over the use of social media. Once you have uploaded your credentials, get back out into the real world and get back to work.

Social media isn't a job, it is just a tool. Limit your time on social media to maybe during break hours. A teacher doesn’t live for his pen. He or she puts it to work writing things.

Aristotle the great once said, "You will never do anything in this world without COURAGE. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honour,"

Dr Mae Jemison, who is the first African American female astronaut said, “Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations,”

The power to choose lies in you, don’t waste your time irrespective of where you are working instead focus on your job and manage it.

Find something you love and start doing it.

If you love writing – get your writing pad and kick off.

If you love to do graphic design – explore the creativity in you.

If you enjoy doing web development – practice and play around with different projects.

Remember practice makes better!!!

Source: http://gisthabit.com/8-top-secrets-to-land-your-dream-job-in-2019/

Well said op.
Most importantly pray too.
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Sweetcollins: 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
Nice piece
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by ladilawal82(m): 1:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
Good
Re: 8 Secrets That Will Make You More Attractive To Recruiters In 2019 by Ayobami7(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
Noted

(1) (Reply)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Dangote Cement Plc Job Vacancies (12 Positions) / Any Company In Lagos Call BIO POWER?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.