Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family (16740 Views)

My Skin Is Getting Bad and discoloured.Advice Needed(photos) / My Wife Is Getting Me Angry / Have 'Good' Sex With Your Pregnant Wives - Nigerian Lady Advises Men (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2019
Seahawk:
Yea. The problem won’t marriahes today is that women are not willing to tolerate abuse and disrespect from their husbands. How dare they?

Your post is a whole load of bullshit that encourages male misbehavior and passes all the buck on the women to keep tolerating bullshit in order to keep their so called marriages.

Your post is disgusting to say the least.

The post is really honest & we both know it. I know the most parts of Africa/Nigeria don't really favour Women in terms of Marriage. Women these days don't want to tolerate bullshit anymore, So Divorce is on the Rise. Irresponsibility among fathers have always been honestly.

Go back & take a look at this old "Royco" advert, I'm sure you must have seen it when you were little. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYyinIXhlU

You will notice the useless behaviour of a Man who just came back from work snubbing his Wife all because he was hungry until she cooked. I swear if this Advert was done today, It won't even see the light of day. Feminist will almost burn down the Ad Company.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Seahawk: 8:17am On Jan 01, 2019
It was honest bs

Because irresponsibility amongst men has always existed doesn’t mean it didn’t have effects on marriages
truthsayer009:

The post is really honest & we both know it. I know the most parts of Africa/Nigeria don't really favour Women in terms of Marriage. Women these days don't want to tolerate bullshit anymore, So Divorce is on the Rise. Irresponsibility among fathers have always been honestly.

Go back & take a look at this old "Royco" advert, I'm sure you must have seen it when you were little. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYyinIXhlU

You will notice the useless behaviour of a Man who just came back from work snubbing his Wife all because he was hungry until she cooked. I swear if this Advert was done today, It won't even see the light of day. Feminist will almost burn down the Ad Company.

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by bukatyne(f): 8:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Johnbosco1:
Wonderful piece by OP, if I may...

One of the greatest reasons why we have broken homes I must say, is LACK OF TOLERANCE AND PASSION TO BECOME EVEN that is so prevalent amongst mothers. It has become a Pandora's box with cans of Worm inside that is so much eating up marriages and it seems everyone has failed to comprehend it.

Besides the terrible state of our country which I believe contributes to the rate of broken marriages, mothers on the other hand, seem to have forgotten how important they are to their Children. They have neglected the most important bond on earth, "mothers-child-bond".

While I was growing up, I could point out so many irresponsible men that have had successful marriage because of the breed of awesome women(wives) they had. But today, the so called "responsible men" are not making it to a successful five years in marriage, let alone the irresponsible ones. But why is that?

I spoke to a lady who the husband had accused of cheating and her response to me was in the light of this "yes he cheated on me with my best friend and I felt the need to become even, so I cheated on him with his best friend too". What the heck! What's even more annoying, was that she had with her, their four and six year old kids who were being cuddled by their father while she explained her part of the story to me. I was speechless. I felt ashamed, not to talk more, disturbed. This experience made me rethink in a heartbeat about those days as a child when I watched Mom and Dad argue(never about cheating) and I felt that Dad was always at fault, that there was no shred of guilt, whatsoever on mom. Was my discernment really fair on Dad at those moments? Or was I being sentimental because of this "mother-child-bond" that binds Mom and all of my Siblings together? Whether or not these were the right thoughts at that point in time was not my problem.

While the behaviors of the parents have an impact on their child(ren), mothers however have been known to have the greatest impact. In fact, a family without a mother has had a hugh vacuum no one would ever fill for a very long time if not forever. Children tend to capitalize and act more on their mother's behavior so easily than they will with their father.

Irresponsibility among fathers have always been but what we see now is nothing close to being irresponsible. They are pure "proud fakeass efekefe ungrateful yawoyawo overstylish fathers" who find it so hard to say "thank you" to their wives after eating a meal prepared by them.

It pains me so much when I see many cute couples' pre-wedding and wedding photos on Nairaland/others just to realize that they may not live up to those "early love, trust, happiness and vow". Weeping.... Someone please get me a hanky...hmmmm....wiping my nose, then eyes....

I am sad. I sometimes feel scared of what the future holds. Should I remain single? Should I join the click of men that are producing "babymamas upandown"? No way! I love kids and I can't stand the thought of them not enjoying both their parents simultaneously like I did. I still do. And if my Mum and Dad can do it, I sure as hail can do it, even better.

If you are reading this, this is challenge to you. Others have failed doesn't mean yours will. You can do better. You are far better than them. I wish us courage, real love, trust, "our significant rib". I wish us well.

PS. LETTER TO MY DEAR FUTURE WIFE!!!

Dear future wife,

If you are reading this, I promise to give you all the love and attention in the world that I can give plus 100% of my vow.

Please kindly cross my path IF you are ready to give all to me

Yours future Hubby,
Johnbosco

I would have taken your closing seriously if I did not read your whole post.

The earlier you realize that:

Irresponsible fathers + angelic mothers = awesome families and children

Is an unstable model, the better for you. Most of the women in that model were miserable and warned their daughters not to make the mistakes they did and this is the fallout today.

I know a woman who missed it in marriage and hounds the youths to never to do so. Quizzes the girls so hard that they know they can't fail her. Outside, you would see a loving wife to an irresponsible husband; inside, you would she is biting her fingers daily.

Instead of you to tell me to brace up (you pointed out their irresponsibility), you want women to continue enduring in pain.

We have passed that stage and like I always say, good husbands + good wives would make good homes irrespective of what the society is like.

Happy new year.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by bukatyne(f): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
a very interesting quote here...sm women feel once the man can't measure up in providing for d family...all hell shd be let lose..if d woman provide for d home kini big deal

Traditionally, if the wife provides for the family, what becomes the husband's duty?
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by bukatyne(f): 8:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Ugosample:

I agree with most of what you said

apart from this part

"They were taught right"

That's a lie

Most Nigerians were not taught right.

Beating kids like goats is not equivalent to teaching right.

Thank you.

Most of them were not even taught anything.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by bukatyne(f): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2019
hero2000:
By Olusola Aladejebi

One of the exam questions for a 3 year old nursery 1 boy is: Who pays your school fees? Now, in the social awareness class, the pupils had been taught the family and the ‘roles’ of each member. Daddy’s role is to pay school fees. But there is a problem. This boy’s father is a not a responsible man. The boy’s education (and that of his older one) has been the responsibility of the mother. To his exam question, at first, the boy replied that father pays his school fees (according to what he had been taught). After a moment, he corrected himself, and said mother pays school fees. His teacher pondered his response and marked him correct anyway!

Although in most urban families, school fees come from both parents, teaching that father pays fees is meant to introduce his role as provider to little children. Some may criticize such social awareness curriculum as parochial and not updated enough to reflect ‘modern day reality’. They ask, ‘what if the child is a raised by a single parent—mother?’ But we must recall that for little children we must keep it simple; no complications and complexities. It is this ‘modern day reality’ that is the concern.

If a phenomenon occurs only very rarely, it can be discounted and we can safely generalize the vast majority. We teach children that humans have 5 fingers per hand. But we also know that some babies were born with 6 fingers in one or both hands. We don’t bother to teach this because such happens so rarely. The ‘problem’ with teaching little children that, “father pays school fees”, is that the contrary is becoming common—Irresponsible husbands, baby mama phenomenon, divorcee, and worst of all, LGBT. On the whole, homes are becoming broken and more broken. The forces fragmenting families are remorseless—they won’t abate as far as I can see. To have a working love-filled family is becoming an exception rather than the rule.

There is no way we can wish away the crisis in family life. The implications of this crisis affects us every day. Children must be born. If they are unfortunate to be brought up in a dysfunctional setting, the world has added to the number of potential mischief-makers. Potential money ritualist. Potential terrorist. Potential child rapist. Potential treasury looter.

The cases of irresponsible husbands/fathers are now alarming. They are comfortable that the woman is the breadwinner and are not eager to end the imbalance. Some of them even maltreat the poor woman sweating to provide for the household. In some cases the wife comes to a point where she can no longer put up with his irresponsible behaviour and off she goes—separation or divorce.

Irresponsibility in a man is not first a financial fact. It is primarily a state of mind. Refusal to provide for the family is the outshoot. At the same time, a man could be able to provide for his ‘dependencies’ and yet be irresponsible. Many young music stars have about 4 baby mamas—4 children from 4 women and married to none! Since they are millionaires sending money to these children’s mothers is no big deal. But money won’t provide internal security to the children; it won’t be a source of guidance; it won’t give that heart-felt love that emanates from a father to his children.

Several research has shown that children who are raised by 2 parents, who are both responsible and dedicated, usually perform well in school. Not only that, the risk for emotional and behavioural problems are lower among children in 2-parent households on average. Crime statistics show that people from stable families are much less likely to be involved in crime than those from fragmented homes.

As much as it indeed better for a child to be raised in a 2-parent family, there is a caveat. They must both be responsible and dedicated. In some cases it is much better to be raised by a single parent than some 2-parent households. A household that has an abusive husband/father is damaging to the psyche of any child. Spouse violence, either mutual or one-sided, could lead to depression and low self-esteem in children.

The good old traditional family is one in which the father takes responsibility for his family. He looks out for the wife and children. In short, he is the head of the family. Now, does that mean he must out earn his wife? No, not necessarily. If husband is a teacher and wife is a medical doctor, all things being equal, wife would earn more than her man; or a situation in which the man is (temporarily) unemployed while the wife has a job. But this financial fact should not prevent him from taking responsibility for his wife and children. This awkward situation in which the man is not a contributor to the family upkeep can be very trying. This has led to many marital breakups. Some women believe that once they earn more than their husbands they get ‘promoted’ to headship of the family. But if managed wisely this situation could result in greater mutual respect for each other. The man may use this period to discover others way of showing love to his wife apart from providing money. And hopefully when he starts to earn again, he still continues in his hard times discoveries.

There is no need to discuss homosexual unions. Children raised in such places are denied an essential component of our common humanity. It would never result in a good outcome.

http://mouthpiece.com.ng/families-to-the-frying-pan-and-to-the-fire/

@OP:

The average Nigerian is without morals.

Take a look at the upbringing of kids and critically evaluate.

When you tell kids that XYZ are 'Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Efik' etc so don't play with them: you are building selfish, intolerant kids.

When you excuse the irresponsible behavior of your husband/celebrate/gloss over their waywardness: you tell the boys they are gods who can do no wrong especially when they have money.

When you tell your child not to lie and instruct him to tell your creditor 'you are not homr/sleeping: You teach them hypocrisy in addition to lying and lack of integrity. They can cut corners to get to their destination.

When you allow the elder bulky the younger, you teach them that it is alright to bully/maltreat those perceived lower/lesser that's why a driver would be humble to his oga after slapping his wife at home.

When you let the last child get a pass, they become selfish, self centered humans.

When we teach them not to take XYZ from people, they become suspicious of others and close minded.

Should I go on?

That the family unit has not disintegrated is a miracle.

What amuses me the most is when a woman stayed with a cheating, abusive husband and tells her daughter not to do same.

Well, well.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Seahawk:
It was honest bs

Because irresponsibility amongst men has always existed doesn’t mean it didn’t have effects on marriages

Aren't we saying the same thing?
read my comment again.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2019
bukatyne:

Traditionally, if the wife provides for the family, what becomes the husband's duty?
what is traditionally...the home na only d man get am... wen xtians are taking marriage vows de say everything thing d man has belong to d man and vice versa...its doesn't matter who provides for d home wat matters is dat d home is moving on and d society is happy and peaceful...
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 01, 2019
bukatyne:

When you tell your child not to lie and instruct him to tell your creditor 'you are not homr/sleeping: You teach them hypocrisy in addition to lying and lack of integrity. They can cut corners to get to their destination.

Hahahaha this one I've done it far back in 1998 wella. Daddy say I should tell you that he's not around. I got the beating of my life that day. Cuz I said it wrongly.

Its called White lies.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by hansomb: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2019
Toseenlove:

Keep on deceiving and brainwashing yourself by yourself.
It my Life.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Seahawk: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2019
He’s blaming the failure of marriages now on women because they refused to tolerate the irresponsibility of men.

You think that’s the truth. I don’t think it is.

truthsayer009:

Aren't we saying the same thing?
read my comment again.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 01, 2019
Seahawk:
He’s blaming the failure of marriages now on women because they refused to tolerate the irresponsibility of men.

You think that’s the truth. I don’t think it is.

Yes it is true. Not that it's a good thing but lets accept the realities of the past so we can put it aside. Most of our mothers endured so much rubbish from our fathers. But at that time they didn't even see it as offensive because an average woman wasn't ambitious as they are now. Women are known back then to be mainly caregivers. That is the sole reason Polygamy worked fine then and not now, they just sat at home & took care of the children & are contented with it. I'm referring to 60s to 90s.

Internet has come & time has changed, I think the greatest Gift to Women is the Internet. A way for all women to come together & speak their minds. usually women who are doing well financially do not tolerate shit from Men & probably end up being single mothers not because there are no Men out there. It would amaze you that there are a lot of successful single mothers in Nigeria, not making noise.

Whether we like it or not, It is going to take a while for Men to realise that times have changed. During this period, divorce will be on the rise.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Ugosample(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2019
bukatyne:

Is an unstable model, the better for you. Most of the women in that model were miserable and warned their daughters not to make the mistakes they did and this is the fallout today.

I know a woman who missed it in marriage and hounds the youths to never to do so. Quizzes the girls so hard that they know they can't fail her. Outside, you would see a loving wife to an irresponsible husband; inside, you would she is biting her fingers daily.

Instead of you to tell me to brace up (you pointed out their irresponsibility), you want women to continue enduring in pain.

We have passed that stage and like I always say, good husbands + good wives would make good homes irrespective of what the society is like.

Happy new year.

you have said it all.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Seahawk: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2019
Tolerating an abusive marriage and having it last for decades doesn’t mean the marriage wasn’t a failure.

The marriage starts to fail when irresponsibility from the man is tolerated. The failure doesn’t start when the women wakes up and decides enough is enough. That’s my point

truthsayer009:

Yes it is true. Not that it's a good thing but lets accept the realities of the past so we can put it aside. Most of our mothers endured so much rubbish from our fathers. But at that time they didn't even see it as offensive because an average woman wasn't ambitious as they are now. Women are known back then to be mainly caregivers. That is the sole reason Polygamy worked fine then and not now, they just sat at home & took care of the children & are contented with it. I'm referring to 60s to 90s.

Internet has come & time has changed, I think the greatest Gift to Women is the Internet. A way for all women to come together & speak their minds. usually women who are doing well financially do not tolerate shit from Men & probably end up being single mothers not because there are no Men out there. It would amaze you that there are a lot of successful single mothers in Nigeria, not making noise.

Whether we like it or not, It is going to take a while for Men to realise that times have changed. During this period, divorce will be on the rise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 01, 2019
Seahawk:
Tolerating an abusive marriage and having it last for decades doesn’t mean the marriage wasn’t a failure.

The marriage start to fail when irresponsibility from the man is tolerated. The failure doesn’t start when the women wakes up and decides enough is enough. That’s my point

You are correct if we are trying to define logically what "failure in marriage is". But this is just between me and you. I'm referring to how the society at large sees failure.

In the eyes of a typical African/Nigerian staying in marriage till the end, whether she is suffering or not means that they've had a successful marriage.

People would be hailing you from outside without knowing the sufferings and pain you are going through in the marriage. You think if Anita Oyakilome had endured, she wouldn't be seen as a point of reference now? She alone can say what she's passing through.

Not that its good, but this is the reality of NOW. Until when new breed of Men are born in next 100 years Lmao.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by EfemenaXY: 11:33am On Jan 01, 2019
Interesting thread.

It takes dedication, trust, and respect from both parties / spouses for a marriage to work.

It also helps if the couple are on the same page (Financial, Religious, Cultural Values, etc) as this fosters patience and understanding, thereby helping to alleviate the challenges that EVERY marriage faces - especially when the kids start rolling in. This is why it’s so important that an intending couple take the time to thoroughly understand and get to know each other properly before tying the knot.

Love is just the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Johnbosco1: 12:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ugosample:

It's not fair putting this on women tho

We should have NEVER made it seem OK for men to be "irresponsible" or have a free pass btw.

Now the women have had enough, and everything don scatter.

The day a lot of men retrace their steps, things will turn out a whole lot better
bukatyne:

Happy new year.
Seahawk:
Yea. The problem won’t marriahes today is that women are not willing to tolerate abuse and disrespect from their husbands. How dare they?

Your post is a whole load of bullshit that encourages male misbehavior and passes all the buck on the women to keep tolerating bullshit in order to keep their so called marriages.

Your post is disgusting to say the least.

"Wonderful piece by OP, if I may..." was the first statement I made and it would connote in this context, that as much as I concur in spades with that writer's idea which was chiefly about men, I however felt the need to add to it by balancing the view with women.

I'm surprised that we feel angered, even counterproductive by this post even after reading the original OP's post before mine. I acknowledge that this post would have been a load of bullshit if that first sentence was missing.

Irresponsibility is both seen in men and women alike and there's no justification for being so. I'm really shocked that we see that word "irresponsible" in this context to literally imply "physical abuse and pain".That's not irresponsibility at all but rather abuse, and I wouldn't dare trade one for another. Nobody should ever have to endure abuse/pain in marriage. God forbid, I can't campaign for madness!

Love should be given by both spouses, sacrifices and endurance paid together. That's how it should be. We must all learn to tolerate and forgive as much/soon as we can.

Thanks for your contribution/correction. I wish us a prosperous New Year!!!
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by hero2000: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
Oluwaseunsodiq:
I believe it's because the society has laid way too much emphasis on marriage. You don't have to be married to live a fulfilled life.

I believe you are thinking of the present only. Who would raise the children of the future if there are no proper families for them to grow up in?
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by hero2000: 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
ypeace:
Several research has shown that children who are raised by 2 parents, who are both responsible and dedicated, usually perform well in school. Not only that, the risk for emotional and behavioural problems are lower among children in 2-parent households on average. Crime statistics show that people from stable families are much less likely to be involved in crime than those from fragmented homes.

@op or anyone, please I am interested in the result of these research and statistics. Links to them will be appreciated.

Thanks.

www.kon.org/urc/v5/mahalihali.html

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
truthsayer009:

@bold
How do you know?

2 Likes

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

@bold
How do you know?

Because they never complained.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
truthsayer009:

Because they never complained.

They did.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

They did.

I was referring to the 60s to 90s? Did you read my earlier comment

Please can you give me a reference to where women complained before now?
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
truthsayer009:

I was referring to the 60s to 90s? Did you read my earlier comment

Please can you give me a reference to where women complained before now?

Yes, I can. I know women of these generations who were complaining. How you people even come to such conclusions that everyone was content puzzles me.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

Yes, I can. I know women of these generations who were complaining. How you people even come to such conclusions that everyone was content puzzles me.

We came to the conclusion because we are yet to see a reference where women complained. Even if they were complaining, Who would know?

No medium to share their thoughts back then except their neighbourhood, No internet. Even on Radio back then Ray Power, Channels Tv, DBN & others, I never heard that women complain of being caregivers. You can talk of physical abuse, Yes. But caregivers, No.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by hero2000: 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Twinmama:
OP, I love your write up, I read it this morning on your facebook page, where someone asked you to paste in on Nairaland.
It's a must read.

Our society is becoming more immoral as the day goes by, but one thing stands sure "we are the architect of our fortune/misfortune"
We all have the power to make our family work, we just need to make the right choice, sustained with right attitude and Godly backing.
As more family morals are erroding, there are still beautiful family out there and people who have determined to make family work.
I just hope YOU reading this will choose to make it work irrespective of YOUR antecedent.

I am a firm believer in having great families despite the decadence.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
truthsayer009:

We came to the conclusion because we are yet to see a reference where women complained. Even if they were complaining, Who would know?

No medium to share their thoughts back then except their neighbourhood, No internet. Even on Radio back then Ray Power, Channels Tv, DBN & others, I never heard that women complain of being caregivers. You can talk of physical abuse, Yes. But caregivers, No.

We do not need modern media to know it. We all have mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers, aunties and other females who are older than us. I do not have to rely on modern media to know that women have never been a homogenous mass and that there have always been individuals who were not content with the status quo.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by ypeace: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by hero2000: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
gloria34:
U took it out of my mouth. I fear marriage not because i come from a broken home but because i watched my mom sacrifice her life for a man who i Cant confidently say loves her. I know when i get married, i would not want to have a broken home but what if my husband turns out to be like my dad after marriage? It simply means i will live like my mom. endure beatings, working tirelessly to feed my kids and say school fees, watch my husband bring other women to our house etc. D thought of it makes me sick

I am not trying to scare you but statistics say those who come from broken homes have higher chances having broken families themselves. So you have to do the proper things to ensure you don't repeat it.

This is statistics. it is not bound to repeat itself.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

We do not need modern media to know it. We all have mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers, aunties and other females who are older than us. I do not have to rely on modern media to know that women have never been a homogenous mass and that there have always been individuals who were not content with the status quo.

Are we talking about the Majority here or the Minority? because me I'm tired of this back & forth. You're calling grandmothers and great-grandmothers for real?

Habba Sir/Ma why are you lying? Those days where polygamy was the order of the day. You are going as far back to 1890s - 1950s.
Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
truthsayer009:

Are we talking about the Majority here or the Minority? because me I'm tired of this back & forth. You're calling grandmothers and great-grandmothers for real?

Habba Sir/Ma why are you lying? Those days where polygamy was the order of the day.

Nobody has argued that polygamy wasn't the order of the day. Go and re-read the conversation again. Then make sure you can back up your points by numbers before you ask me for any.

1 Like

Re: It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
hero2000:

I am not trying to scare you but statistics say those who come from broken homes have higher chances having broken families themselves. So you have to do the proper things to ensure you don't repeat it.

This is statistics. it is not bound to repeat itself.

Same applies to people who are from the so called intact but dysfunctional families.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.