Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Lady In A Scarlet Dress - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lady In A Scarlet Dress (644 Views)

The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / The Lady Who Wrote A Letter To All The Fine Boys In Her Church Explains Herself / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lady In A Scarlet Dress by silencer020(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Festac, Lagos

The sun was intense, huge wind was blowing as though rain was about to fall and the Festac Branch of Access bank was buzzing with activity this Friday afternoon. Traders and civil servants were busy scurrying up and down, rushing to withdraw the lump sum they would use for the weekend.

“Enjoy the rest of your day sir,” the gateman at Access Bank said to the bank’s accountant who was dressed in white Ankara top and trousers as he walked briskly past the huge gate, straight to his Toyota Camry which was parked in the parking lot outside the bank.

“Thank you Charles,” replied the accountant. He was in a haste, looking like a man who was about to miss his flight.

As he entered inside his car and put the key in the ignition, someone shouted outside the gate, “James!” He peeped through the car window and saw Stella his colleague in the bank, waving frantically at him.

“This is not closing time yet,” she shouted over the noisy environment.

She had been crushing on him for years, using the routine car ride to her apartment after close of work to get to his attention.

“Not today Stella,” James told her as he waved back with a hint of a smile on his face. Looking disappointed, she turned back and headed into the bank. In less than 30 seconds, James swung the car through the busy road of Festac. Lagos traffic was already getting thicker even though the time was still hovering around 2.pm. Another Friday rush hour. But James was not worried about the traffic. He was so excited. His heart was beating fast.

Finally.

30 minutes later, as he parked his car close to his apartment, his phone beeped. He opened the message and smiled as he read through it.

All I want is forever with you baby.

The message was from Cynthia, his longtime girlfriend.

Me too baby.

A relationship of seven years, now James had a lot of surprise packages that would make that forever come true. He had already sent money to Cynthia’s sister, Jane to prepare a surprise birthday party for her.

And I will be there too. Perhaps, tomorrow will be the happiest day of my life.

James was so happy. He couldn’t wait to be in Port-Harcourt already. His heartthrob Cynthia was residing in the garden city with her elder sister Jane. She had just graduated from the University of Port-Harcourt. James had already booked a ticket for a night travel from Lagos to Port-Harcourt. The night journey would be tiresome but it would be worth it. Earlier that day, he had taken permission from his branch manager to leave early. So far, everything was working according to plan.

Hopefully, I’ll be in Port-Harcourt by Saturday morning.

Immediately he reached the ‘Young Shall Grow’ park, his IPhone started ringing.

“James, are you already on your way?” asked the voice at the other end of the line.

“Yes Paul. I’m so happy. Finally!” He had discussed his plans with Paul, his best friend since secondary school. Four years ago, James had introduced him to Cynthia when she came to visit him for the weekend. Over the years, Paul and Cynthia had equally become good friends. Something that gave James a great joy. And whenever a serious quarrel sets out between James and Cynthia, it was Paul that always came to the rescue.

Paul my good friend. I think he will make a good best man.

“Yes, my best friend is finally getting married,” said Paul excitedly.

“Not yet,” James cautioned. “But Paul, I have been calling you since today, your number hasn’t been going.”

“Sorry bro. Business meetings. And tomorrow too, it will last from morning till evening. I want to close an important deal. Tell me when you get there and send my warmest greetings to Cynthia.”

They exchanged pleasantries and the call ended.

While James was a banker, Paul, on the other hand, had his own business. He dealt in the importation of electronic gadgets from China. At 32, two years older than James, Paul looked charming, always had his way with beautiful ladies, not yet ready to make his choice and settle down. Apart from that, he remained obsessed with expanding his three shops in Alaba market.

James paid for his ticket, boarded the red luxurious bus and closed his tired eyes. He dreamt of a lady in a scarlet dress. But when he woke up, he couldn’t remember who she was or what happened in the dream. Time moved fast. He slept, woke up and slept again. By 6 on Saturday morning, they arrived in Port-Harcourt.

Throughout the day, he was busy in his hotel room, pacing around and perfecting his plans. He was so anxious.

I can’t wait to see you my love.

The day moved fast in a blur. By 9 p.m., James dressed in white designer shirt and blue jeans, walked into the red hall inside the Presidential Hotel, the venue of the birthday bash. He had been getting constant updates of the event from Jane.

The birthday party had been on for two hours and immediately the chief celebrant cut her huge birthday cake, James entered inside.

Cynthia was dressed in a red body-tight scarlet designer gown. At 25, she was easily the most beautiful lady in the room. Her long black hair cascaded down her shoulders as she wowed the crowd with her infectious smile.

Immediately he saw Cynthia in the scarlet dress, broken pieces of the dream he had the night before flashed through his mind. His face brightened when he remembered that the lady he saw in his dream wearing a scarlet dress was Cynthia. And she seemed to be smiling at him in that dream.

Sweetheart, it’s so lovely to dream of you especially on the eve of this great day.

As he took a step forward inside the red hall, all the details of that dream came back to him.

Wait a minute. In that dream, she was standing tall, confident and happy. At first, I thought she was smiling at me but when I looked at her seductive eyes, I discovered that she was not looking at me. She appeared to be gazing at something or someone behind my back.

What does that even mean?

James straightened up his face, pushed all those thoughts at the back of his mind and strolled happily towards his lovely angel. Neon lights, loud party music, moving bodies and dancing feet, everything and everyone stopped as the crowd looked up to the scene unfolding in front of them.

Cynthia’s face was full of joy; she was dancing when it happened. Her eyes widened, her mouth agape revealing her open-teeth, as her biggest birthday surprise began to unfold.

James knelt down on one knee and brought out a diamond ring that he saved a year’s salary to buy. Immediately, there was a ‘wow’ exclamation from a section of the crowd.

“My heartbeat, I told myself that today will not be complete if I am not here to celebrate with you, to finally be part of your life. I may not be good in making long speeches, but finally, our forever is knocking on the door. Baby, you are the love of my life. I can’t imagine spending the rest of my life without you. My love, will you marry me?”

Cynthia’s eyes were wide open, her eyes revealing her huge surprise.

James closed his eyes. The moment I have been waiting for. His heart was pounding. His hand holding the ring was raised.

In a second now, a finger will slide inside.

But when he opened his eyes a minute later, nothing had changed. He was shocked. Cynthia was struggling to speak but couldn’t. The whole crowd was gasping in surprise.

Read more: https://stanleyumezulike.com.ng/2018/12/30/the-lady-in-a-scarlet-dress/#ixzz5bGyBW0hI

Re: The Lady In A Scarlet Dress by davecris(m): 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
"Read more". This must end in 2018. Finish the story here

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

On Behalf Of All Nigerian Men To Nigerian Ladies we Say Thank You. / Best SEX Positions That Makes It Easier To Get Pregnant (SEE PHOTOS)---> / Man Reveals What His Wife Did After Seeing Him Dancing With Salsa Instructor.pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.