Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention (6059 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Storm Onitsha As Residents Hail Them (Video) / Enugu Government House Christian Chapel: New Pictures Of Progress / RATTAWU Receives Palliatives From Enugu Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by OEPHIUS(m): 3:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
Following the fire outbreak at a petrol station along Nike Lake road by Penoks Junction, Trans Ekulu, Enugu, on Monday, residents of the area have commended the administration of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for the swift intervention and expertise displayed by officers and men of Enugu State Fire Service in putting out the fire, without any loss of life.

The inferno according to eye witnesses was caused by a truck discharging liquefied gas at the filling station, which lost control and hit the dispensing nozzle and ignited the fire.

The State Fire Service upon receiving a distress call rushed to the scene and put out the fire which affected just the petrol station, a commercial bus, a transformer, three shops and a residential building, shortly before Gov. Ugwuanyi, his deputy, Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, the Speaker of the State Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi and the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Danmallam Mohammed arrived the venue.

Reacting to the development, excited residents of the area, who cheered the governor for his presence and show of concern, expressed delight at the commitment, bravery and professionalism exhibited by the men and officers of the State Fire Service, stressing that this is the first time an inferno of such magnitude occurred without any loss of life.

They applauded Gov. Ugwuanyi for repositioning the State Fire Service by providing it with sophisticated equipment, experienced personnel and other necessary logistics to discharge their duties efficiently.

Mr. Vincent Okonkwo, a near-by shop owner said: “Gburugburu (Ugwuanyi) has surprised us today. If you were here when this fire started, you will not believe that these fire men would quench it. We thought that was the end of everything we have, our shops, houses, vehicles and even the lives of people around here.

“In short, I saw hell today. But the way the fire service people worked to stop this fire. We say thank you to God and our governor and those that quenched it”.

Another resident, Mrs. Priscilla Udeh said: “We are very grateful to God for saving us from this danger. We equally thank our governor, Gburugburu, for sending these people on time to come and stop this dangerous fire. God is truly with us in this state.

“The governor has shown us that we are protected in this state because what happened here now is very serious and dangerous. But as you can see, nobody died. It is just these shops and that filling station. We sincerely thank God, we thank our governor too. May God bless him and grant him his heart’s desire”.

Arriving the scene, Gov. Ugwuanyi, who expressed profound gratitude to God that no life was lost, commended the State Fire Service for the efficient and quick intervention, and equally thanked the people in the neigbourhood for their cooperation.

The governor maintained that Enugu State is safe, stressing that with the report that no life was lost, “I am now convinced more than ever before that Enugu State is truly in the hands of God”.

He sympathized with the victims and promised to take immediate action to ameliorate the pains and replace the burnt transformer for the people of the area to continue to enjoy power supply. The governor therefore, directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to commence action in that regard.

Earlier, the State Fire Officer, Mr. Okwudili Oha, disclosed that the fire outbreak was massive, pointing out that it would have done serious damage if not for the quick intervention of the State Fire Service.

The Fire Officer thanked the residents for their support and cooperation and particularly the governor for equipping and repositioning the establishment, which he said made the work easy for them.

He therefore, appealed to the public to take precautionary measures and be vigilant to avert further fire outbreak in the state, especially in this period of Harmattan.

https://thepunditng.com/fire-outbreak-residents-hail-gov-ugwuanyis-quick-intervention/

4 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by OEPHIUS(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
More

1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Sunofgod(m): 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
Modern city..... I hail the last 4/5 governors of the state.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Hotfreeze: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
Very good
Ugwuanyi should add it to his achievements
Preferably on a billboard when entering Enugu state.

The standard of governance in Enugu state is abjectly low. Unfortunately, it seems that the citizens are irredeemably docile.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Gozzzy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
When you av a progressive governor... Not the bastard wey dey Abia state!!!!
why ugwuanyi get this kind leg abeg

3 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Nonymartin(m): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
hmm
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Ttipsy(f): 5:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
Nigerians and mediocrity
who's job is it to put off the fire??

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by BESTEAGLE: 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
Enugu state is indeed in the hands of God. thank God no life was lost and so grateful so those pple that police discharge at trans Ekulu police station during the fire outbreak. God blessings we shall not lack come 2019. Happy new year
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Hotfreeze: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ttipsy:
Nigerians and mediocrity

who's job is it to put off the fire??

It is States like Enugu that can happen. Under Fayose, Ekiti used to be the worst but let's see what's up with Fayemi.

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by MARKone(m): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
Enugu state is well planned and organized. The state have been blessed with visionary leaders. Less traffic hence quick response by the team.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Niece one gburugbu
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by calddon(m): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
Come and see LRU work in lagos, those guys make me think Lagos is a country.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Psainte20(m): 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s][/s]
Hotfreeze:
Very good

The standard of governance in Enugu state is abjectly low. Unfortunately, it seems that the citizens are irredeemably docile.
well said...... You would have just removed the insult

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by ofiko123(m): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks be to God..
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Shawnnn01: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
This people make me sick
This pathetic man of a governor is sha looking for anything to boost his appalling performance at governance. From commissioning rusty tap water no taking accolade for firefighting. Spite on the head of those that will vote him next election.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
THANK GOD FOR CLOSING THE MOUTH OF DEATH, IT IS TESTIMONY TIME FOR ALL WHO WERE THERE WHEN IT STARTED.
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by kunmiiii: 5:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
Chaaii...Nigerians don suffer!!

Even the governments are now being praised for doing exactly what they are supposed to do and fulfilling the mandate given to them by the people!!

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Mentcee(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Very good

I'm a citizen of Enugu State.
I'm not docile.
You're stupid person for calling me docile.

Pls perish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Randy100: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Very good

you made sense sha but you are very stupid for calling us docile.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by BuhariLooter(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
apcheat never again

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by BuhariLooter(m): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
buharilooting must go

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by ezegenigbonine: 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
calddon:
Come and see LRU work in lagos, those guys make me think Lagos is a country.

N una disgrace the governor.
Which kind rubbish country be this.
If ambode is working then Wetin una need

1 Like

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by ezegenigbonine: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
Shawnnn01:
This people make me sick
This pathetic man of a governor is sha looking for anything to boost his appalling performance at governance. From commissioning rusty tap water no taking accolade for firefighting. Spite on the head of those that will vote him next election.

Landlord travel n see
Ugwuanyi is working
God blessed Enugu with good governors
From chimaroke to Sullivan to Ugwuanyi.
Enugu my home
Am proud of una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by calddon(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

N una disgrace the governor.
Which kind rubbish country be this.
If ambode is working then Wetin una need
Did you hear me call a persons name, why do are you quick to draw political conclusions?
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Hotfreeze: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mentcee:

I'm a citizen of Enugu State.
I'm not docile.
You're stupid person for calling me docile.

Pls perish.

Add "a" somewhere in your incomplete sentence.
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Mentcee(m): 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Add "a" somewhere in your incomplete sentence.

Don't be linked with incompetent people...

I don't wanna curse out.
Re: Fire Outbreak: Residents Hail Enugu Government's Quick Intervention by Semperito: 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
ezegenigbonine:

Landlord travel n see
Ugwuanyi is working
God blessed Enugu with good governors
From chimaroke to Sullivan to Ugwuanyi.
Enugu my home
Am proud of una
And From Ugwuanyi to Edward Ubosi Come 2023 by God's Grace. Ozeeeee Ozege!!!

(1) (Reply)

House Wants Ibru, Akingbola Stripped Of National Honours / BREAKING: Prof. Goran Sluiter Sue Buhari At Icc In Hague / Jigawa State Government Distributes 1073 Materials To Support Youths (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.