Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? (861 Views)

Nigerian Man Married His Secondary School Classmate (See Photos) / How Many Of You Did This In Secondary School . / 16yrs After, Mum Secretly Flies To Nigeria To Surprise Daughter On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by permit(m): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
goodevening every one, am in need of advice i got a call from my uncle and he told me her daughter drop a message for him through her little brother and the message reads, she has seen a husband and that she want to get married to the said person. Now the problem is she is too tender to think of such thins,she was born 2002 that's 16years now, my uncle is soo afraid 1 she is yet to finish her secondary school 2 she is making a wrong decision 3 she dont know what marriage is all about because she is just 16 though her body size and structure looks ok 4 the said man she wants to get married to was born 1982. He said am also afraid if i opposes this marriage she might bring disgrace to the family, he further explain how this is as a result of broken home, the wife got married to another man after their 5th issue. Helpthis family pls
Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by dingbang(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
Family should arrest that man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Tell them to go to Germany. I think their age of consent is 16.

I stand to be corrected.

Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by daviefm(m): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
EVERY LADY IS GROWING UP NORMALLY UNTIL THEY MEET A DICK THAT CHANGE THEM.
Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by Jman06(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
If either of you or your uncle is capable of taking care of the girl and seeing to her education and general welfare, then you can go ahead and oppose the marriage.
But if non of you cares about how she has been coping and offers no tangible support to her, then you have no moral justification to oppose the marriage.

All you need do is try to get to know the guy and see if he's capable of taking care of her, not just in terms of material needs but also emotionally, morally and so on. He needs to be the largehearted kind of guy who can tolerate her flaws and correct her in love.
Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by Aksah12: 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
16 years old is still a minor and who ever has custody of that child, guardian or parent has the right to oppose that union. Marrying a minor is against the law, and a form of Child Abuse, irrespective of her consent or body structure. As long as the Nigerian law is concerned she shouldn't be given in marriage.
Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by ValCon888: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
Aksah12:
16 years old is still a minor and who ever has custody of that child, guardian or parent has the right to oppose that union. Marrying a minor is against the law, and a form of Child Abuse, irrespective of her consent or body structure. As long as the Nigerian law is concerned she shouldn't be given in marriage.

She's not a minor under Islamic law.

But if they are Christians, the father can oppose the marriage as her legal guardian.

A child of 16 years cannot enforce a contract under Nigerian law and a marriage is nothing but a contract between a man and a woman.
Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by Auladimeji1: 12:44am On Jan 01, 2019
daviefm:
EVERY LADY IS GROWING UP NORMALLY UNTIL THEY MEET A DICK THAT CHANGE THEM.
Honestly, Wetin dey this dick sef

Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by Auladimeji1: 12:52am On Jan 01, 2019
When I was at that age,PS2 was my best friend and Fura.Beating your friends/Foes and be drinking cold Fura.How do you see it.Well na prick cause this nonsense

Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by permit(m): 2:30am On Jan 01, 2019
according to my uncle the said man meet her 3months ago and quick to ask her hand in marriage.
Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by Ishilove: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
This is what lack of parental control is causing.

1 Like

Re: Can A 16yrs Marry While In Secondary School? by permit(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
mode please do the needful

(1) (Reply)

A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) / Am In A Dilemma / Between Marriage And Furthering Education To Obtain HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.