Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch (37056 Views)

Boko Haram Takes Over Yobe Police Station, Set Operational Vehicles Ablaze - SR / Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag / Boko Haram 'Takes Over' Michik In Adamawa - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Thisis2raw(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2019
This 2019 no more bad news about Nigeria again
In jesus name

1 Like

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2019
I thought w ehave defeated Bokoharam??
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by sureheaven(m): 9:06am On Jan 01, 2019
Until politics is not made or seen as business in Nigeria again, then shall the nation have peace. shocked

What happened in 2014/2015 is repeating itself.

Top politicians and top army generals needed yo he executed for peace to reign.

Anything short of this, we are just wasting our time. shocked

1 Like

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by BuhariLooter(m): 9:08am On Jan 01, 2019
BUHARI ADMINISTRATION DEY PAIN EVERY NIGERIAN EVEN YOU WEY DE TYPE BROTHER, WE NEED TO TRY SOMEONE ELSE BUHARI HAS BEEN TESTED AND FAILED ATIKU HAS BRAIN TO TURN OUR ECONOMY AROUND, WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT DO BETTER THAN OTHER PAST PRESIDENT, NIGERIANS HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BUHARI'S FAKE INTEGRITYIf Nigerians should tell themselves the Truth buhari should have been impeached since because he has committed Many impeachable offense
If Nigerians should tell themselves the truth buhari and APC by now shouldn't be talking about re-election
8yrs is not a must for any political office holder if you fail in your first term byebye let's try another person
If Atiku wins or any party presidential candidate wins and still messed up 2023 we show him the way out
Let's join hands and make this political office holders understand that 4yrs is enough to archive great deals
Hypocrisy is when Ambode was denied second term because he didn't perform and those same people who denied him of second term are still the same people singing buhari praise him who failed in every aspect
Until when Nigerians are ready to tell themselves the truth

3 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by grandstar(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2019
Thank God the militants are friendly

Extrajudicial killings and sexual harassment by soldiers will turn people against them

It is a huge recruiting tool

4 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by BuhariLooter(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2019
If Nigerians should tell themselves the Truth buhari should have been impeached since because he has committed Many impeachable offense
If Nigerians should tell themselves the truth buhari and APC by now shouldn't be talking about re-election
8yrs is not a must for any political office holder if you fail in your first term byebye let's try another person
If Atiku wins or any party presidential candidate wins and still messed up 2023 we show him the way out
Let's join hands and make this political office holders understand that 4yrs is enough to archive great deals
Hypocrisy is when Ambode was denied second term because he didn't perform and those same people who denied him of second term are still the same people singing buhari praise him who failed in every aspect

SAI ATIKUOBI FOR BETTER NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Ogaga87(m): 9:10am On Jan 01, 2019
Horrific New Year Package..

I hail your CORRUPTION Mr President

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by BuhariLooter(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2019
ATIKUOBI ISSA GOAL

2 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by musa234(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
This Baga sef, is this where "Banga fish" get its name?

Me i dey wonder because the place is a popular fishing town, on banks of lake chad and i hear people come from afar come fish here.

I must visit this place see for myself after everything clear and no more danger.
look at this one, diverting from the major issue. Wawa Yoruba yaro.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by gaskiyamagana: 9:11am On Jan 01, 2019
To be sincere, Nigerian Army is failure when it comes to this issue of Boko haram. General and what have you as senior in Nigeria are nothing to write home about. Within 3 states in the country they failed to protect us, what if we have external aggression?
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by jerecrown(m): 9:11am On Jan 01, 2019
To destroy a country this 3 angle is important 1.soldiers 2. Borders nd 3. Youths once this is gone nothing like country again. God save us save ��
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2019
Nigeria has fallen under Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Obinoscopy(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2019
This is a dangerous scenario for the military and the Nigerian government. They don't attack civilians. This means they will soon win the sympathy of the civilians and thus very soon, their ideology will be accepted by the civilians. When that happens, it will be officially confirmed that the region has fallen to ISWAP.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by icon02(m): 9:13am On Jan 01, 2019
IS PMB THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE LEGALLY AND THE ILLEGALLY ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA?

11/6/2018
7:51

IS PMB THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE LEGALLY AND THE ILLEGALLY ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA?

This question has been throbbing my mind for a while now, the agitation to find an answer to it grows everyday, it has now developed to an extent that it has given me sleepless nights for days, I fear if I don't get an answer to it, I might loose my mind or die hence my decision to bear out my mind perhaps Nigerians or president Buhari can help answer the. Question.
No doubt, president Buhari after being sworn in as the president of Nigeria on may 29 2015 became the commander in chief of the Nigerian legally armed forces but where the main question that troubles me lies is whether he is also the commander in chief of the illegally armed forces of Nigeria.
Any rational thinking Nigerian cannot resist the temptation of asking this question if he/ she has been objectively observing the security situation of our nation and following events as they have been unfolding for more than a decade ago.

This question is purely a result of an objective rumination on the verifiable fact on ground by a curious Nigerian.
If I told you I saw fire burning in the ocean, trust me I already have the ashes in my pocket.
2012 https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/boko-haram-names-buhari-5-others-as-mediators/
On the first of Nov 2012, the Boko haram sect through their spokesman Abu Muhammad ibn abdulazeez shockingly listed General Muhammadu Buhari as one of their trusted possible representative in a cease fire negotiation with the federal government.
My questions
1. Can I be nominated to represent someone /group who's ideology I do not share or who's interest I do not know?
2.can someone I do not know neither have I met nominate me to represent him in a negotiation as crucial as that?
2013 http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/
Also on national mirror of June 3 2013.
On the second of June 2013, thenationonlineng.net reported that "BUHARI FAULTS CLAMPDOWN ON BOKO HARAM MEMBERS"Other news channels reported Buhari to have said that. "AN ATTACK ON BOKO HARAM IS AN ATTACK ON NORTHERN NIGERIA" meaning Mr Buhari was clearly against any military action on Boko haram which could also be mean that Boko haram was serving northern interest and any attack on Boko haram was on attack on northern interest.
My questions
1. Does Nigerians think that the president's sentiments on Boko haram then has changed?
2. Is it right for a nationalist to think that a military clampdown on an armed sect whose activities has caused the death of more than 10,000 Nigerians and caused untold hardship to 2 million others was wrong under any guise?
3. Bearing any change of the president's mindset(which I greatly doubt) don't you think the president is playing a joker with the lives of the officers and men of the Nigerian legally armed forces engaged in the battle?
4. Couldn't GMB's opinion about Boko haram in 2013 have fuelled the massive enlistment of gullible northern youths into boko haram believing that the sect was serving northern interest?
2015 http://saharareporters.com/2015/11/28/buhari-boko-haram-has-killed-10000-displaced-millions-calls-assistance-commonwealth
28 Nov 2016, six months into Buhari's presidency, saharareporters.com reported president Buhari to have lamented that not less than 10 thousands Nigerians have lost their lives to boko haram and more than two million others languishing in IDP camps.
2016 https://punchng.com/800-bharam-members-surrender-dhq/
12 Aug 2016, news broke that a total of 800 boko haram members have surrendered after being captured by the officers and men of the legally armed Nigerian armed forces, the news also has it that they will be deradicalised, trained, empowered and be reintegrated into the society.
My questions
1.can they really be deradicalised?, we read in the news just last week of an ex-convict who committed the same crime that sent him to jail for ten years only a day after he regained his freedom.
2.Haven being responsible for the death of more than 10,000 Nigerians and are causing unto hardship to more than 2 millions others, are they not supposed to be charged to court to face the consequences of their actions?
3. Has any armed robber, kidnaper or any common criminal who has caused less death and less suffering on Nigerians been treated that way? Or are they enjoying this undue advantage perhaps because the president is their patron?
4. Doesn't rehabilitation and empowerment of terrorist with Nigerian tax payers money amount to an insult to the sensibilities of the struggling Nigerian law abiding tax payers? Particularly the ones who lost their families and loved ones to the insurgents?
Alleged payment of ransom to boko haram.
Although the federal government denied this but it can be argued to be true bearing the following facts
i Boko haram under Buhari suddenly changed their know style of being bitterly critical of government but resulted to demanding for ransom like common kidnappers.
II Boko haram are undoubtedly enjoying a better financial fortune under Buhari evidenced in their better appearance in new military camouflage behind painted walls and carefully designed environment, flaunting their new armored vehicles conveniently in their videos as opposed to what we used to see under previous regime.
iii Allocation of huge funds to fight the Boko haram the federal government has always described as a technically defeated enemy.
My questions
1. Could it be that the huge amount of money the federal government is a appropriating to fight Boko haram is being given to them to appease them or should I conclude that the federal government is embezzling the money since the battle is already technically won?
2. I haven't found on any record that any Boko haram member has been arrested, charged to court and convicted ever since Buhari became president except the ones that were arrested befor his regime ( I stand to be corrected on this)
2017/2018
The lackadaisical disposition of president Buhari to the issue of armed herds men,
the blind side of Buhari's eyes has been turned to the deadly and destructive activities of the armed Fulani herds men all over the country
my question
1. Can the same thing be said of the government's action against an un armed IPOB members, can we also say the same of most times unarmed or not as dangerously armed shite members, protesters and apologist?
My question is born out of my observation that the president seems to be controlling both sides of the armed forces of Nigeria and nothing more.

My country people abeg make una help me answer these questions make thinking no go kill me!
President Buhari and his boys, I feel I have the legal right to ask questions about things I don't understand and I feel its your duty to choose either to answer my question or to allow me to keep asking until I get a satisfactory answer. I expect you to pretend as a Democrat for once by not sending your dogs to be harassing me all about.

Icon mcbammy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by gaskiyamagana: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2019
BuhariLooter:
BUHARI ADMINISTRATION DEY PAIN EVERY NIGERIAN EVEN YOU WEY DE TYPE BROTHER, WE NEED TO TRY SOMEONE ELSE BUHARI HAS BEEN TESTED AND FAILED ATIKU HAS BRAIN TO TURN OUR ECONOMY AROUND, WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT DO BETTER THAN OTHER PAST PRESIDENT, NIGERIANS HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BUHARI'S FAKE INTEGRITYIf Nigerians should tell themselves the Truth buhari should have been impeached since because he has committed Many impeachable offense
Story, stories...
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Omeokachie: 9:14am On Jan 01, 2019
Sai barber

Sai Caburator

Sai Gasket

3 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Handsomecole(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2019
This report is coming from punch a PDP owned newspaper 2ndly the elections are here unfortunately Boko Haram will play a big role .
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by IsaAbubakar: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2019
Buhari is a criminal terrorist - cilicmarin
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by BuhariLooter(m): 9:17am On Jan 01, 2019
gaskiyamagana:
Story, stories...
BUHARILOOTER IS A FAILURE

3 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:19am On Jan 01, 2019
Borno seems far from your village right?
Just sit tight, the train is coming sai baba till 2023

gaskiyamagana:

Story, stories...

1 Like

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:19am On Jan 01, 2019
Handsomecole:
This report is coming from punch a PDP owned newspaper 2ndly the elections are here unfortunately Boko Haram will play a big role .

Don't be stupid

Families are losing their loved ones to boko haram and here you are talking nonsense .

Theirs nothing wrong in you supporting APC , but be sensible .

4 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Icon4s(m): 9:19am On Jan 01, 2019
Is Zamfara a neighboring state to Bornu? Mtcheew.
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by BuhariLooter(m): 9:20am On Jan 01, 2019
APChain NEVER AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by lilytender: 9:20am On Jan 01, 2019
This is a strong proof that the US fugitive Atikuloot is the major financer of Boko Haram. That North East is Atikuloot region and he surely knows how to get things done there. Atikuloot can see clearly from afar that Buhari will be getting over 80% votes in all North Eastern states including Atikuloot home state of Adamawa that is why Atikuloot has to create unrest and chaos there so that the people will flee their homes and be unable to vote. But their is good news, Atikuloot will fail, he will lose the election woefully and Buhari will prosecute him for sponsoring terrorism.

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by obaataaokpaewu: 9:22am On Jan 01, 2019
SamuelAnyanwu, hope you are safe?
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:22am On Jan 01, 2019
Handsomecole:
Read the writing on the wall and stop playing politics.
this man has failed, let someone else try.
There are other political parties apart from APC and PDP

3 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by bravehost4u(m): 9:23am On Jan 01, 2019
As usual I expect NA to deny this
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by chickenjefp: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=ImperialYoruba post=74334457]This Baga sef, is this where "Banga fish" get its name?

Me i dey wonder because the place is a popular fishing town, on banks of lake chad and i hear people come from afar come fish here.

I must visit this place see for myself after everything clear and no more danger.

It is called bonga fish and it got its name from a place in the Niger delta for a fact bonga field is named after the bonga fish because of the massive quantity of the fish in that area
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by DauraIsAGoal: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2019
GuyWise101:
[s][/s]
Stop diverting us from the main point here
Don't mind the Yoruba Muslim asslicker of Buhari, he thinks he is wise

2 Likes

Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by isahsalee: 9:23am On Jan 01, 2019
Punch newspapers is being bias and sectional in their reportage. During Army press briefings last week, army made it clear during the press briefings that army authorities have duly informed the towns and communities around battle areas to relocate to the nearby neighboring towns and states to effectively engage the terrorists. This approach is to ensure civilian casualty is minimized.
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by Shikini: 9:26am On Jan 01, 2019
GuyWise101:
Nigerians are too calm for my liking...

Isn't it high time to chase bulhari out of Aso rock?
Re: Mass Movement Out Of Borno As Boko Haram Takes Over The State - Punch by kishimi8(m): 9:26am On Jan 01, 2019
I'm currently in yobe , and I don't see any mass movement , this media houses can lie ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Looks At Images Of AU Founding Fathers In Ethiopia / My Victory Is The Fulfilment Of Pastor Adeboye’s Prophecy- Osinbajo Testifies / Buhari's Gift To Outgoing Ambassador Of Saudi Arabia To Nigeria. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.