Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. (11456 Views)

She Doesn’t Do Hookup – Man Shares Video Of A Woman Driving A Truck (Pix, Video) / What I Have Learnt As A Woman In Real Estate / Man Meets A Woman Driving Keke Napep In Anambra, Gets Surprised (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by bukatyne(f): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2019
mogbojaiye:

If u are good at wat u do fine but don't pick a career dat will put ur family below u and ur job as a priority there by distancing your self from ur duty as a wife

Why do u think people hardly marry nurses? And I would even prefer going for a teacher as a wife than a nurse

People hardly marry nurses?

Hmmmm

Put my family below me how?

I am serious minded, I knew what I wanted before hand and chose a spouse we both align.

Except women who do scandalous jobs, I have never seen a man who seriously considered his intended's career path prior to marriage.

We live in different worlds.

Happy new year.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 01, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

And who works but doesn't feed the family? or is this your narrative peculiar to women alone.Do men not also work and spend their monies on drinks and chase young ladies outside forgetting that they have a wife and children but leave all their responsibilities for their wives.
Now tell me which sane woman still stays with such a man or considers assisting him in one way or the other.?Is such a woman sick?

U and I kw dat the % of men earning salary and spending it on their family is higher than those dat don't spend on their family, and the % of women earning salary and stuffing it somewhere else unknown is higher than those that contribute to d hux, most women don't contribute to a dime to d hux except for d baby mama tread way d man day run leave lady and d pikin
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by bukatyne(f): 1:54am On Jan 01, 2019
mogbojaiye:

There are situation where u can decide not to help your wife,
A woman dat goes to d office or her office 8 -4pm and at month end does not contribute a dime to d hux and d husband works also from 8-5pm then pays children school fees and hux upkeep fees then u expect d man to enter kitchen, is dat man sick? Who does dat?

Oga, this is another matter entirely.

Such a wife obviously believes in the traditional way of doing things so she should carry her cross.

It is also vice versa.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:57am On Jan 01, 2019
mogbojaiye:

U and I kw dat the % of men earning salary and spending it on their family is higher than those dat don't spend on their family, and the % of women earning salary and stuffing it somewhere else unknown is higher than those that contribute to d hux, most women don't contribute to a dime to d hux except for d baby mama tread way d man day run leave lady and d pikin
*yawns* tales by moonlight if you nor get statistics Abeg hide your face.Stop assuming.

Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 01, 2019
bukatyne:

Oga, this is another matter entirely.

Such a wife obviously believes in the traditional way of doing things so she should carry her cross.

It is also vice versa.

U think so?
U have ur opinion to hold unto
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by NNEWIsuper: 2:10am On Jan 01, 2019
DukeofNZ:

Do not mind the way I write here, I am both a successful medical doctor and businessman. me i fit feed de whole of your local government for 100 years. both you and that guy you quote no sabi anything. una no sabi wetin de good and wetin de bad. bitter woman na bitter woman

good money and successful career no suppose make any body de arrogant
oga which country u de practice??
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Diso60090(m): 2:11am On Jan 01, 2019
This one Wey do neck like village snake � wan start her own personal information this 2019

Them belongs to the kitchen counter next level
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by afonjabreed(m): 2:40am On Jan 01, 2019
Heloct:
well said,i love women wit vision,but that must not affect the family

Source: https://helenaheloct..com/2018/12/stale-but-stew-1.html?m=1
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by ladyF(f): 2:45am On Jan 01, 2019
It’s impossible to satisfy humans sometimes.

If a lady is dependent on them, it’s a problem. If the lady is independent, it’s still a problem. angry

And for those that think you need to have seen money to be arrogant, you no va jam. Even people will empty bank accounts have attitude problems grin

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Xkalaban(m): 4:24am On Jan 01, 2019
Nice piece. Had to read till the end for the first frigging thyme. But yeah dearie, I tell the ladies same too. Its not all about the stunner n all. U cld hold ur future hobby down just by being true to urself and doing natural stuff.... What's real n what's not..........
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by gfreymom302: 4:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Every human behaviour has its interpretation depending on the perception and mood of the interpreter. We need to be psychologically and emotionally intelligent enough to do all things in moderation to be able to live a balanced life. Many a folk think they know a lot, meanwhile they know just a little. The great Nelson Mandela could have been taken to the cleaners for divorcing his wife for the obvious reasons if he had not established his name in the sands of time. Yet those who are not worthy to be his slave would have talked him down with demeaning references like: weakling, insecure, not man enough if not for whom he turned out to be. God bless us in this 2019.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 01, 2019
bukatyne:

How can an housewife have a business empire?
online nah. And that is one of the many ways
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 01, 2019
Almunjid:

Lol, it's seems I don pass ur power. U don meet ur Waterloo!.
And your mates are gloating of making achievements in the real world. You are here gloating about an argument. This your irrelevance must stop in 2019. Amen.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 01, 2019
DukeofNZ:

na somebody like u we never tasted success before de make noise and abuse people anyhow, and wen una begin to test success small una go begin de try to emasculate men we de for una life and other women wey una consider unsuccessful

me know wen a person wey de successful de yarn
I don't need to make noise about what I do to pass a point across. That is like jumping from your mountain like Ego to your two digit IQ.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:15am On Jan 01, 2019
Thank you very much for this response to the OP. Your response attests to what I have noticed about this so called successful women. Majority of them can’t even handle success well. They become something else when they have just little change in their hands. Very few of them will attain whatever level of success and still humble. They want to be everything like a man but they can only fake it.

franchasng:
Nice write up, keep it up.

Meanwhile, I will love to inform you categorically that men are not scared of successful career ladies, that must be in the past, in fact, majority of Nigerian men of today wish and desire to marry a successful career lady; myself included because I love seeing them.

The only thing men hate about most successful career or financially buoyant ladies is their pride, arrogance and disrespect for men just because they managed to succeed in what they do.

If successful men act the way successful ladies act, I am sure no lady will find a husband to ever marry.

So successful ladies should learn to manage their ego, their pride, their arrogance around their man or men.

You see a lady driving a nice car, watch how she puffs up as if the world should bow for her, but its the same car guys have been driving since ages and even buying for their girlfriends as gift yet nobody hears about it, yet these guys play with ladies and even act friendly with them.

But once a single lady stumbles upon or achieves some good level of financial success, she starts to make unnecessary rules and laws guys coming her way must abide, just because she feel she is financially independent, and for that every man coming her way becomes a potential criminal and suspect coming after her little income of money, these are the major reasons guys avoid successful single ladies, nothing more.

Happy new year to you guys, wish every ambitious and hardworking youth out there a fruitful and prosperous New Year!

God will bless the works of your hands in 2019, so go and succeed legitimately.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:18am On Jan 01, 2019
It has to always be the man’s fault that a career woman cannot handle her success well.

Tellemall:
Nigerian men will misunderstand this post as feminism and begin the "alpha male" BS: impoverished, beggars, bending, opening, money etc. At the end of the day they're still the ones giving those girls monetary gifts. It's like an online rage against a hurricane. They want career women but cannot handle it. Things like : arrogance, rules, not taking care of the children, etc. You can't eat your cake and have it. Worst are the female sympathizers, so damaged by years of abuse and disregard from their counterparts. Nigeria has a long way to go in the way its male citizens reason.

Gender is not a restriction. It's an unavoidable vehicle to getting your dreams accomplished.

You want the Western world? Get ready for all of it. The "alpha male" blather is the imagination of the weak. The people you copy take it all. Take it all, too.

Do not assume I'm female for saying this.

The career women v men threads are getting boring because the men need reorientation about life and the world.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:21am On Jan 01, 2019
Exactly. If you are not a man you can’t be like a man. If you talk now they will say it is because you are weak. Weak specie acting strong... why you see them misbehave when they have little change. Very minute number of them are different though.

marvin906:
Op I ain't scared of a career woman I welcome it my fear is when that woman allows her position to enter her head ...
They are few career women that I know even with all the money they still don't let it get to their head and their marriage is cool buh the rest lord have mercy..
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by pocohantas(f): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Tellemall:

I'm not.

As for being a feminist, I believe all humans have a right to be heard. Women get the short end of the stick. Especially in Africa.

I have family and I know what they go through as females. Plus, I believe that people need to live and learn anywhere but Nigeria.

There's a disgusting misogynistic culture in Nigeria. Just a look at the comments shows the hatred of spurned men; it's so shameful. How do Nigerian women cope with this? A man at a bank was threatening to slap a woman because she asked him if he was on the queue (a ratty pathetic looking man for that matter). His reason? How dare she question him, all these women, blah, blah. Does she have a husband at home? Is that his only reason for charging up to her with the threat of battery?

You can bet his wife feeds him and he's as emasculated as the angry men on this site. How do they live with their mothers and sisters and aunts and in-laws? How? The slut shaming, body shaming... Don't they have females in their lives?

I have to say this.

Please, let us be men.

We are managing, in fact, we are used to it.
grin grin
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Lol... see this one. They females will come now and say he is a strong man, as long as he is on their weak point of view. Real man well done.
Tellemall:

I'm not.

As for being a feminist, I believe all humans have a right to be heard. Women get the short end of the stick. Especially in Africa.

I have family and I know what they go through as females. Plus, I believe that people need to live and learn anywhere but Nigeria.

There's a disgusting misogynistic culture in Nigeria. Just a look at the comments shows the hatred of spurned men; it's so shameful. How do Nigerian women cope with this? A man at a bank was threatening to slap a woman because she asked him if he was on the queue (a ratty pathetic looking man for that matter). His reason? How dare she question him, all these women, blah, blah. Does she have a husband at home? Is that his only reason for charging up to her with the threat of battery?

You can bet his wife feeds him and he's as emasculated as the angry men on this site. How do they live with their mothers and sisters and aunts and in-laws? How? The slut shaming, body shaming... Don't they have females in their lives?

I have to say this.

Please, let us be men.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by pocohantas(f): 6:26am On Jan 01, 2019
funmisticqueen:
pride and arrogance is something that comes with money and the control it brings both sexes are guilty of this,especially the men

No mind am, I can only imagine what would have been said if Davido na woman. Davido that is going about, slapping and insulting everyone.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:28am On Jan 01, 2019
Word! They think everything about being a successful woman is leaving home for long hours like the man. Success women stay home too.

funmisticqueen:
while I like your post a candles that burns at both ends lives shorter.Those men with careers, don't have time for their families. Taking care of tge family and making sure your offspring are responsible members of a society is a full time career. Some women dream to have healthy families. Nothing is wrong with that and nothing is wrong with being a full time housewife. A full time housewife can also have a business empire

A new breed of woman is coming, she is the kept independent woman
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 6:34am On Jan 01, 2019
Thank you.

Your mom is the kind of career woman any good man would love to marry. But we hard get women like that. Most of them we see now are just trash. They don’t know that with their stupid arrogance goes their sexiness. Don’t take on the behavior of a man and expect me to be passionately in love with you. I want a woman not another man. Be humble.

DukeofNZ:

make you no de say nonsense. na who tell you say person we be career woman no suppose de humble and submit to man. me i don live for many countries, my mother na medical doctor for america and my father na successful businessman and i be successful man, my family de happy because my mother no de behave like bitter woman. bitter woman like pocohantas of nairaland na bad exmaple for wetin a career woman no suppose be and she no successful self. make she no de make noise de yarn nonsense. make she change her way. she de bitter.

woman can have money and de humble

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by ashjay001(m): 6:56am On Jan 01, 2019
pocohantas:
Preach sis!!!! I actually wanted to create a thread of this nature, but definitely not in Romance section. I can't stand alpha males ruining such a thread. On behalf of the sisterhood, I say thank you grin.

All that talk of women sleeping with men to get to the top, is something broke, low self-esteemed guys say to make themselves feel better. There must be an excuse to drag a woman down.

If you set your mind to it, you can do it.

My boss would say, you can't say Okonjo is your role model, whereas you follow Janemena on IG. Look at great women, read their story, how they started, the schools they went to, the books they read, the places they hang out, how they dress, how they talk. Then start your baby steps. Please, the only men afraid of career women are insecure men and we have lots of them in Nigeria. The good news is, the more you work on yourself as a woman, nature will systematically sieve these men out of your way.

As much as I agree with u, most women, are their own problems.

How will an accomplished lady, settle for less, just to get married! Most have been conditioned from birth, getting married is d ultimate high cry
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:59am On Jan 01, 2019
oshaosha2014:
Thank you very much for this response to the OP. Your response attests to what I have noticed about this so called successful women. Majority of them can’t even handle success well. They become something else when they have just little change in their hands. Very few of them will attain whatever level of success and still humble. They want to be everything like a man but they can only fake it.

So na only women dey exhibit such character.
When men have money nko?They themselves can they be humble?or to you it is okay for men to misbehave with money? thing na say una dey insecure.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 7:07am On Jan 01, 2019
Men can be caustic arrogant, YES. And some stupid behaviors men exhibit when they have change. But women, it just doesn’t look sexy on you exhibing such.

Ladyhippolyta88:

So na only women dey exhibit such character.
When men have money nko?They themselves can they be humble?or to you it is okay for men to misbehave with money? thing na say una dey insecure.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by pocohantas(f): 7:09am On Jan 01, 2019
ashjay001:

As much as I agree with u, most women, are their own problems.

How will an accomplished lady, settle for less, just to get married! Most have been conditioned from birth, getting married is d ultimate high cry

I have seen that happen a lot. It is the conditioning, anything with preek goes. Lots of Nigerian ladies will marry anything all to be a Mrs (or have a provider). More reason our men see no need to work on themselves. They already know that one unfortunate girl will marry them, so she can at least, eat 3 times a day.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:10am On Jan 01, 2019
oshaosha2014:
Men can be caustic arrogant, YES. And some stupid behaviors men exhibit when they have change. But women, it just doesn’t look sexy on you exhibing such.

Na so what is bad is bad condemn it and stop looking for excuse for one and judging the other in the same light that one is double standard.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by pocohantas(f): 7:11am On Jan 01, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Na so what is bad is bad condemn it and stop looking for excuse for one and judging the other that one is double standard.

Just imagine the useless answer he gave. Wisdom is not in the genitals at all!!!!
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:13am On Jan 01, 2019
pocohantas:

Just imagine the useless answer he gave. Wisdom is not in the genitals at all!!!!
grin grin grin grin
@bold truer words have never been spoken.
Happy new year wishing a fantastic,joyful and fruitful year ahead kiss kiss
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by ashjay001(m): 7:17am On Jan 01, 2019
pocohantas:

I have seen that happen a lot. It is the conditioning, anything with preek goes. Lots of Nigerian ladies will marry anything all to be a Mrs (or have a provider). More reason our men see no need to work on themselves. They already know that one unfortunate girl will marry them, so she can at least, eat 3 times a day.

Nope.

Some ladies, just want a husband! They've got everything u can wish for, yet dont feel complete, until they're married. Even with kid/s of their own.

Talking abt feeding, is keeping it simple.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by oshaosha2014(m): 7:18am On Jan 01, 2019
Lady, trust me. What is bad on you may not necessarily be good on me and, what is bad on me may not necessarily be good on you. We are different and we should only cherish that. We are in a world where you have to equate everything for everyone. Life is not fair, madam. A woman should naturally be soft and inviting no matter her level of success in life. Men are sexy when they are hard, strong, daring, brash and any other male “negativity” you can think of. Thank you.

Ladyhippolyta88:

Na so what is bad is bad condemn it and stop looking for excuse for one and judging the other in the same light that one is double standard.
Re: Why You Should Be Career Conscious As A Woman. by pocohantas(f): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

grin grin grin grin
@bold truer words have never been spoken.
Happy new year wishing a fantastic,joyful and fruitful year ahead kiss kiss

Thanks babe, Happy New Year too.
May your goals and aspirations for the year come to pass. *hugs*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Degree Vs Certifications: Which Should You Go For? – A Detailed Guide. / How To Approach Your Boss For A Raise (Salary) / FG Assures Customs Officers Of Salary Increment- Adeoson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.