Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2178369 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by PLSHELEP: 5:01am On Sep 02, 2019
SHRM-SCP

nadina:

Hi Pzhelp,

What exam are you writing from Nigeria?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Skmoda360(m): 8:35am On Sep 02, 2019
Please wanna ask this question....if someone goes through a genuine agent, is he going to write IELTS with the agent company or personally or not at all?.....I applied for Express entry but I'm just curious and new to this.......I wanna know more and I have read alot on this page about people who have traveled and still processing it....
My qualifications are Professional certificate (NIS) and B.sc in Geology and Mineral Sciences.
What are my chances?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jennypharb1: 9:12am On Sep 02, 2019
Skmoda360:
Please wanna ask this question....if someone goes through a genuine agent, is he going to write IELTS with the agent company or personally or not at all?.....I applied for Express entry but I'm just curious and new to this.......I wanna know more and I have read alot on this page about people who have traveled and still processing it....
My qualifications are Professional certificate (NIS) and B.sc in Geology and Mineral Sciences.
What are my chances?

You need to go on this thread
[url]
https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled[/url]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Skmoda360(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2019
Jennypharb1:

You need to go on this thread
[url]
https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled[/url]
That thread is long for me to comprehend.......it will take me a week to finish that thread....
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2019
Skmoda360:

That thread is long for me to comprehend.......it will take me a week to finish that thread....
u dont have to read the whole thread. Use youtube too. You are better off without agent . As you can see. The various testimonies on the thread read and comprehended. So you can too

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Skmoda360(m): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2019
ednut1:
u dont have to read the whole thread. Use youtube too. You are better off without agent . As you can see. The various testimonies on the thread read and comprehended. So you can too
https://www.akcanada.com/assessment1.php?gclid=CjwKCAjw-7LrBRB6EiwAhh1yXx8GWwtSLbzac3CXnvtWxbiYFhYF3VGfLLX7WDtHOcM4lV2dxwxnxRoCpE4QAvD_BwE

Is it cool if I go through this foreign express entry assessment link....?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanPR: 10:20am On Sep 02, 2019
Skmoda360:

There's actually nothing bad in that. No one is paid to provide you answers to questions here. You have been advised accordingly, please follow the provided link. How bad do you need this thing?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanPR: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2019
ugoguchy:
Landing gist
One week old in Calgary today
Family of 5
We flew Lufthansa from ph to Abj,weather was so bad and we experienced turbulence all the way to Abj.flight from abj to frankfurt wasn’t bad,they kids slept all through,we had 8hrs layover at frankfurt,it wasn’t funny at all,we finally left for YYC,inflight was just there,didn’t eat any of the meal,they kids too rejected,thank God i packed their cereals
We finally landed and went through immigration,no agricultural check, came out and a friend was there to pick us up,my hubby had to follow the car carrying our luggage,we went straight to our apartment,we were able to get a 3 bedroom before arrival,best decision ever..
After 2 days the kids fell ill,cough,catarrh,fever and vomiting,it has been really tough for us,thank God for the few medications i brought from naija,fever is gone now but they are still coughing,last night i came down with serious fever up until this morning,i hope we pull through this phase asap

Thank God for journey mercy. The bold is part of the acclimatisation process. Even more tough on kids who have never traveled that far from home. Take time to rest dear and you'll all settle in quickly within a week.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:10am On Sep 02, 2019
Skmoda360:

https://www.akcanada.com/assessment1.php?gclid=CjwKCAjw-7LrBRB6EiwAhh1yXx8GWwtSLbzac3CXnvtWxbiYFhYF3VGfLLX7WDtHOcM4lV2dxwxnxRoCpE4QAvD_BwE

Is it cool if I go through this foreign express entry assessment link....?
go thru cic official links. If others have comprehended it. U can also
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jennypharb1: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2019
Skmoda360:

OK

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TITILOLA88: 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2019
And it's worth it!

Skmoda360:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Skmoda360(m): 1:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
CanPR:

There's actually nothing bad in that. No one is paid to provide you answers to questions here. You have been advised accordingly, please follow the provided link. How bad do you need this thing?
I'm fed up with the country, no job so I already made up my mind I wanna leave the country...ordinary office clerk , I will still need connection when it's not that I didn't go to school. undecided
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanPR: 1:14pm On Sep 02, 2019
Skmoda360:

I'm fed up with the country, no job so I already made up my mind I wanna leave the country...ordinary office clerk , I will still need connection when it's not that I didn't go to school. undecided

I empathize with you. You don't need to read the whole over 800 pages. Just read the first 10 pages on this link and you're good to go. It's that simple. You may also download CanPR on playstore to guide you on the process.
Finally, this thread is for information on living in Canada, you can ask all questions relating to visa application processing on the other sister threads.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tawa89(f): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hey guys, I have a quick question and i would be grateful if anyone here can help me out, my cousin is getting married and he wants to send me an invitation to come for the wedding in November, what are my chances of getting a visa? What documents do i need to prep? He's Canadian by the way. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damzy88: 9:32pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hello,

Can someone recommend a good place to buy a winter jacket in Lagos?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by profeddor15: 6:25am On Sep 03, 2019
Good morning to the elders in the house. Please I want a clarification on the following questions:
1: Is it only family members (father ,brother or friend) that can give someone gift deed as a proof of funds?.
2: Which one is more better to use for proof of funds, savings or current account due to minimum balance quoted by some banks?
3: Will someone remove out of the proof of funds as cash at hand on the day when he/ she is traveling to Canada?.
Thanks for kind response
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanPR: 9:47am On Sep 03, 2019
profeddor15:
Good morning to the elders in the house. Please I want a clarification on the following questions:
1: Is it only family members (father ,brother or friend) that can give someone gift deed as a proof of funds?.
Yes. See attachment.

2: Which one is more better to use for proof of funds, savings or current account due to minimum balance quoted by some banks?
Savings. You would want an account that yields some sort of interest until you get PPR

3: Will someone remove out of the proof of funds as cash at hand on the day when he/ she is traveling to Canada?.
Yes

Thanks for kind response

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by PLSHELEP: 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Wow...

[quote author=CanPR post=81873277][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanPR: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
Has anyone here tried Sterling debit card at POS in Canada? What's the rate please?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damzy88: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
gbemlad:
08036238196 amarachi, he sells good jackets at yaba. Got his contact from nairaland.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by profeddor15: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2019
Good evening to the elders in the house, please can anyone who has gotten his/her notification of interest from Alberta to share with me their document checklist inorder for me to know the exact document to send or get along with.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by PLSHELEP: 7:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Sorry to bother you guys but I’m curious. Has anyone ever had any issue with submitting a black and white scanned document instead of the colored scanned document.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Slimcanada001: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2019
PCC must be colored.

Black and white is fine for the rest.

PLSHELEP:
Sorry to bother you guys but I’m curious. Has anyone ever had any issue with submitting a black and white scanned document instead of the colored scanned document.

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jacksonyito: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
Beautiful people,

I’m moving to kitchener, Ontario area (wlu) next weekend for my PhD program. I’d really appreciate accommodation for a few days before I get mine. Classes already got started.
Friends in the neighborhood would be equally appreciated.
And if you know anyone looking for roommate too. I'm interested.

Thanks guys.
���

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 40manlappy: 3:24am On Sep 06, 2019

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Issyman(m): 5:32am On Sep 06, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2019
See how fear dey catch you. Hahaha. Good to know you are fine now.

PLSHELEP:

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: sisit