Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2175599 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Knightcrawler1: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
please does anybody have an affordable 1bedroom apartment or a shared apartment for rent in Ottawa?
replies will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please can a primary applicant do soft landing 1st before the rest of the family
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Akingsqueen: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello guys,
Does anyone here stay in Newfoundland or know if there is a Nigerian WhatsApp group for Newfoundland. I urgently need information about the place.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
1mole1:
Please can a primary applicant do soft landing 1st before the rest of the family

Yes, the primary applicant can arrive before the rest of the family. Keep in mind that they have to land before the expiration of their COPR, all the best with your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
1mole1:
Yes primary can, the secondary applicant cannot land without the primary.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Torkwase1(f): 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
I just checked how much I spent from January till date on buying Tim Hortons (double double) and timbits... I realized I have spent close to $500. At least $2 5 times a week on coffee and timbits.

Please who is on this table with me and how can we break this addiction? That old fashion timbits by Tim Hortons is the biggest weakness I have at the moment. Everywhere you go in Canada, Tim Hortons all up in your face.

Thank God I don’t smoke or do alcohol, if not ehn, na only God know how much those ones for Dey take as well.

Happy Sunday.

Lol I'm a Tim Hortons fan too. But what keeps me in check is looking at the calories they display on them snacks and drinks. I don't want to add weight while losing money!!!

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
Dollywood:

Try POF (Plenty of fish) grin

POF kwa that thing is full of psychoblabs. Canada is boring agreed but you learn how to catch fun the oyinbo way like going to parks etc.
attend a Nigerian church, join naija associations and be open. What I learnt in canada and apart from 9ja-canadians on this forum is that oyinbo are willing to help newcomers compared to our naija brothers. There are a few good ones ooo but awon bad eggs still dey. As por POF if you're lookign for cheap sex pls go ahead. There are other ways of meeting people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 10:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
Blackbuddy:

Yes, the primary applicant can arrive before the rest of the family. Keep in mind that they have to land before the expiration of their COPR, all the best with your endeavors.

Thanks. So if medicals expire March and primary applicant lands in March, others can't land in May? I was told they can land anytime after the PA
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
1mole1:

Thanks. So if medicals expire March and primary applicant lands in March, others can't land in May? I was told they can land anytime after the PA

Everybody must land before the COPR/PR visa expiry whether PA or dependants, the only caveat is PA must land alongside everyone or land first.
They can't land just anytime. Their CopR must still be valid

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner:
I just checked how much I spent from January till date on buying Tim Hortons (double double) and timbits... I realized I have spent close to $500. At least $2 5 times a week on coffee and timbits.

Please who is on this table with me and how can we break this addiction? That old fashion timbits by Tim Hortons is the biggest weakness I have at the moment. Everywhere you go in Canada, Tim Hortons all up in your face.

Thank God I don’t smoke or do alcohol, if not ehn, na only God know how much those ones for Dey take as well.

Happy Sunday.

1. I drink coffee at Timmies but i've never gotten to $500 before.
2. Get a coffee maker or if you have coffee maker at work just buy the pods
3. Drink a cup of tea or coffee before leaving the house
4. Learn to buy just coffee no timbits
5. Limit your timmies to 1 or 2 a week and pay with cash (coming from someone that Timmies has always been at all her 3 places of employment)
6. Fast on some days of the week
7. If all these persists, please go for deliverance

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GirlieNtosh: 12:14am On Nov 19, 2019
Anybody interested in a brand new furnished 1 bedroom basement in NW Calgary?

N.B Short-term only

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by princesschuks: 12:19am On Nov 19, 2019
jesusbaby01:

6. Fast on some days of the week
7. If all these persists, please go for deliverance

It actually looks inviting. I can understand the addiction.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 12:33am On Nov 19, 2019
jesusbaby01:

POF kwa that thing is full of psychoblabs. Canada is boring agreed but you learn how to catch fun the oyinbo way like going to parks etc.
attend a Nigerian church, join naija associations and be open. What I learnt in canada and apart from 9ja-canadians on this forum is that oyinbo are willing to help newcomers compared to our naija brothers. There are a few good ones ooo but awon bad eggs still dey. As por POF if you're lookign for cheap sex pls go ahead. There are other ways of meeting people.

Lol.. Nice writeup but POF is till the best tongue grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Akingsqueen: 1:08am On Nov 19, 2019
Guys anyone please? Help a sister o.
Akingsqueen:
Hello guys,
Does anyone here stay in Newfoundland or know if there is a Nigerian WhatsApp group for Newfoundland. I urgently need information about the place.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vcole: 1:18am On Nov 19, 2019
Just popping in to say hello. It's been forever. I hope everyone is doing good.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sleekysoft(m): 5:40am On Nov 19, 2019
i do ... what do you need??

Akingsqueen:
Guys anyone please? Help a sister o.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by profeddor15: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Good morning sir and ma in the house, please I have two questions to ask for clarify purpose.
1: At what stage can one go for PCC and medical test?.
2: Regarding the payment of processing and right of permanent residence fee which is ($1040), is it apply to couple or individual?.
Thanks for your kind response I'm anticipation.
I love you all
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1mole1: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Steather:

Everybody must land before the COPR/PR visa expiry whether PA or dependants, the only caveat is PA must land alongside everyone or land first.
They can't land just anytime. Their CopR must still be valid

Thanks. I get it now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by COPR2020: 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
profeddor15:
Good morning sir and ma in the house, please I have two questions to ask for clarify purpose.
2: Regarding the payment of processing and right of permanent residence fee which is ($1040), is it apply to couple or individual?.
I love you all

Kindly direct your question here https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/143
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
profeddor15:
I love you all
why not focus on ielts and eca
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vesment: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
please will it be easier to convert dollar to canadian dollar in canada or should i do it in Nigeria? please i need help, i have it in my domicilary account.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Influential101: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hi people, Canada calls and thus we have put up our car for sale.. Please see link below for details smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5537376/2010-rav4-excellent-condition-affordable
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by abbey4christ(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
Yeah sure, even banks do it but you might not like the rate sha
Vesment:
please will it be easier to convert dollar to canadian dollar in canada or should i do it in Nigeria? please i need help, i have it in my domicilary account.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by victorVIC1(m): 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2019
For those that are jetting out soon...Please holla @ me if you have a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic for sale as I would like to get one. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vesment: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
thank you.
thats my problem but which way do you think is best with better rate?
i dont know if xoom or paypal will have better rate
abbey4christ:
Yeah sure, even banks do it but you might not like the rate sha
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by abbey4christ(m): 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2019
Sorry i don't really know about xoom or paypal but the bank rates are not that bad. for example check rbc rates today in the link below, if you like it.
https://online.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/tools/foreign-exchange-calculator/start.cgi
Vesment:
thank you.
thats my problem but which way do you think is best with better rate?
i dont know if xoom or paypal will have better rate
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vesment: 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
thank you very much. its low but not bad tho

abbey4christ:
Sorry i don't really know about xoom or paypal but the bank rates are not that bad. for example check rbc rates today in the link below, if you like it.
https://online.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/tools/foreign-exchange-calculator/start.cgi

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by princejones(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
victorVIC1:
For those that are jetting out soon...Please holla @ me if you have a Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic for sale as I would like to get one. Thanks
holla me as well.one needed for uber by btw now and January

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Akingsqueen: 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
Oh thanks for reaching out. I can't seem to connect with you. Can you please send your email or contact number to me on melankev17@yahoo.com

Thank you much.

sleekysoft:
i do ... what do you need??

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stevesegkay: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
Dear Family,

What do you think about landing in Montreal. I found flights with Royal Air Maroc going to Montreal, quite cheap. Meanwhile, I final destination is Saskatoon, SK.

Hope there would be no issue with landing in Montreal, especially language and also ease of connecting to a flight to Saskatoon.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by victorVIC1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2019
princejones:
holla me as well.one needed for uber by btw now and January

Lol...No problem
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2019
Vesment:

Do it in Canada. I got good deal over there. Hold ur USD till u get there

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.