Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2182273 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pwinkle1(f): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
This guy is such jokess. Lmao. Kilode?
Enemyofpeace:
Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. My mention is overwhelmed.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
Pwinkle1:
This guy is such jokess. Lmao. Kilode?
THE guy carry my matter for head like my village people wey i dey run from. I no wan give my address na by force?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vesment: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
please i need help badly, did anyone currently change money at the airport and at what rate?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nneteb(f): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
Since you dont want to disclose the city you are to enable other to link you up with job opening, why not use your internet search bar to start searching for jobs yourself....
Enemyofpeace:
THE guy carry my matter for head like my village people wey i dey run from. I no wan give my address na by force?

20 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Maples779:
Thanks Kemkem30. Amen and amen to the prayers. Don't worry, Canada will soon be yours too

@maples779 come and see your prophesy o

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Can't you guys recognise a troll when you see one? Boss recognised him as a troll, hence the simple question he asked.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
nneteb:
Since you dont want to disclose the city you are to enable other to link you up with job opening, why not use your internet search bar to start searching for jobs yourself....
where did I tell you that I was looking for a job? You just dabbled into what you do not know and does not concern you just to be noticed
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by deTimo: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Enemyofpeace:

I think elfman is back when ontarissagua is here once more.

The grumpy 34 years old may be back. However I am still a learner so wet in I go know?

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by deTimo: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
kemkem30:

No, I just got PPR yesterday.

Congrats. May landing be smooth for you.

Enjoy your choice land

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
sorry for security reason i can't disclose that on a public to a total stranger.. i hope you understand? No vex abeg.

Laughs. I think you are seeking attention. You were screaming Canada is boring and you are lonely. I didn't ask for your address. Your province is sufficient and I can direct you to places that are top-notch quality fun, dependent on what kind of fun you need. However, no point. I can see you want us to know you are in Canada. You are welcome. Enjoy your time here.

40 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CornOak(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
kemkem30:

I finally got chosen after 325 days!

Do you attend The Lord's Chosen Ministry? grin cheesy

Congratulations by the way. cool

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enemyofpeace: 7:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
Boss13:

Laughs. I think you are seeking attention. You were screaming Canada is boring and you are lonely. I didn't ask for your address. Your province is sufficient and I can direct you to places that are top-notch quality fun, dependent on what kind of fun you need. However, no point. I can see you want us to know you are in Canada. You are welcome. Enjoy your time here.
Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. My mention is overwhelmed.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
19CannyMum:
Can't you guys recognise a troll when you see one? Boss recognised him as a troll, hence the simple question he asked.

Bodi still dey sweet am sey hin don commot naija. No worry reality go set in soon.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iwinosified: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
kemkem30:

I finally got chosen after 325 days!
Wow. Congratulations to you and yours, more wins.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kemkem30(f): 4:13am On Dec 19, 2019
CornOak:

Do you attend The Lord's Chosen Ministry? grin cheesy

Congratulations by the way. cool

grin grin grin Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Torkwase1(f): 4:19am On Dec 19, 2019
I got my first taste of the real Canadian cold today. Jesu, it was so cold it started feeling hot. I don't know if that makes sense. Went to a bank nearby and narrowly missed the bus going back home, and had to walk. My gloved hands became stiff, could feel the chill right inside my high bones, the wind right in my face. Ho my God.
I'm wearing two trousers, two gloves tomorrow. And a balaclava.

31 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Olybobo(m): 4:25am On Dec 19, 2019
Sorry oh...I'm in Alberta, Calgary...

Any heads up
quote author=esterella post=85004093]

Welcome bro! You didn't add info on the city you're residing in. That info would help you get customized info relevant to the specific environment you're in not just generic Canada information. May the land favour you. Cheers![/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Olybobo(m): 4:33am On Dec 19, 2019
No be small waka...serious cold greeted me at the airport in canada.

But first of all, D begging at MM1 airport is 2much...chai....4rm the cab to the check in....I was almost crying...I had 2 pie that I had already changed to dollars and 1 goat (immigration)was like he can manage $10. I just told him off...
All the oyinbo people on the 2 stop flight smelt like dry onions & garlic and the food on he plane was not good...they didn't serve Eba.

safex:

Where's your landing gist first? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Olybobo(m): 4:34am On Dec 19, 2019
Torkwase1:
I got my first taste of the real Canadian cold today. Jesu, it was so cold it started feeling hot. I don't know if that makes sense. Went to a bank nearby and narrowly missed the bus going back home, and had to walk. My gloved hands became stiff, could feel the chill right inside my high bones, the wind right in my face. Ho my God.

Sorry oh...go 2 value village or Walmart & buy or winter gear....the cold is going 2be great next week...including face mask...

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Palominopeaches(f): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2019
This your write up terrified me. In fact I'm traumatized...and I'm landing next week. Who kuku send me o
Torkwase1:

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Vesment: 10:51am On Dec 19, 2019
Palominopeaches:
This your write up terrified me. In fact I'm traumatized...and I'm landing next week. Who kuku send me one
me too but that wont scare me at all

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Torkwase1(f): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
Palominopeaches:
This your write up terrified me. In fact I'm traumatized...and I'm landing next week. Who kuku send me one

Please don't be, just relax and get enough quality winter gear!! Its quite cold, but several other things compensate for the weather.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
Palominopeaches:

You see me and this Canada cold, I almost did not do express entry because I hate cold. That was my only fear.

But since I come this Canada, it's just obvious that this is where I'm meant to be lol. E be like say na Canada be my destiny no be Nigeria. The place just fit me like hand glove including the cold.

Cold no dey catch me again! Yesterday was -1 na so I dey sweat for bustop. Coman see me unbuttoning everywhere and unzipping everything.

My people, do not ever let cold discourage you from the Canada. The only thing that should discourage you is if you're earning monthly salary of 3m (10k dollars) in Nigeria.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
Torkwase1:

How many layers were you wearing and what kind of glove? What was the temperature (and real feel)? What city are you?

You don't need to wear two trousers. You need thermal longjohns or leggings under your jeans. You need good winter shoes, and woolen socks inside. Bataclava is good, but a big woollen scarf wrapped around your lower face will do the same task and you'll look less scary.

For tops, three layers is usually the sweet spot: thermal wear, cotton or normal shirt, then fleece before jacket. Once real feel is below -20, I add a vest before my jacket. Once I wear this combination, no shaking na my second name.

However, I have realised that dressing just enough to be borderline cold is the norm lol. So I hardly ever wear all these layers. Also my jacket is not thick it looks like a windbreaker, preventing me from looking like a puff puff grin. It's my vest that does the real work.

For gloves, regular cotton gloves don't work. You can wear them under those waterproof/ ski gloves. My dollarama ski gloves keep my hands very warm. But I hear at -40 mittens are the best.

Walmart has affordable thermal wear. I don't know how many winters they'll last but with 18 dollars you can buy mid weight thermal wear.

This is for Calgary cold sha. I no know how Toronto cold dey be, I hear it's different due to more humidity. Besides, with our chinooks here the cold never lasts. It's also sunny at least 50% of the time.

44 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
19CannyMum:

You see me and this Canada cold, I almost did not do express entry because I hate cold. That was my only fear.

Cold no dey catch me again! Yesterday was -1 na so I dey sweat for bustop. Coman see me unbuttoning everywhere and unzipping everything.

My people, do not ever let cold discourage you from the Canada. The only thing that should discourage you is if you're earning monthly salary of 3m (10k dollars) in Nigeria.

Was telling a friend that was complaining about 0° cold in Germany that in Calgary we don’t say it’s cold till it drops to -10° and below and that if not that Calgary weather can change in minutes, -1° is so warm that we can leave home in shorts and T-shirt sef grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
19CannyMum:

This is for Calgary cold sha. I no know how Toronto cold dey be, I hear it's different due to more humidity. Besides, with our chinooks here the cold never lasts. It's also sunny at least 50% of the time.
My city in South Sask is going up to 6 degrees this Saturday, courtesy of the Chinook grin
This winter is starting to feel like the warmest winter I have experienced since I moved to Canada. We will see how January and February will play out.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
Tim Hortons to help with the cold wink

16 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
Double Double?
salford:
Tim Hortons to help with the cold wink
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
GozyNA:
Double Double?

God forbid grin

I drink bland coffee (decaf) with double milk only.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Palominopeaches(f): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Thank you. I'll do that as soon as I land. No going back on this journey
Torkwase1:

Please don't be, just relax and get enough quality winter gear!! Its quite cold, but several other things compensate for the weather.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Palominopeaches(f): 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
Energy!!!! ;DThank you for your kind words. I was destined to be a Canadian too o grin Canada go fit me die too. We'll face the cold no matter what
19CannyMum:

But since I come this Canada, it's just obvious that this is where I'm meant to be lol. E be like say na Canada be my destiny no be Nigeria. The place just fit me like hand glove including the cold.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by samsonedos: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hello everyone, please any idea on how to get the fit to fly report for Ethiopian Airlines? My wife will be 30 weeks pregnant when we will be traveling to Ontario.
Kindly share your ideas on the requirements for the report. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: aurorae1, Aicebaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.