Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2180500 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ambidextrause: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2019
How can one go about getting a visit visa for a friend (prospective partner) living in the US (finished Masters and working)?

CC @Blackbuddy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 28, 2019
Me too!!! Lol.
Ifeoma77:
Congratulations @nnysmuse
My chest started paining me when you said you were still in holdup after two hours! Thank God it ended in praise
Welcome home

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaota: 11:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
It seems like we were on the same flight.
olajide21:
After 36hrs of Travel, Calgary I am soooo pleased to finally meet you. I am a very nice guy with my family of a sweet wifey and lovely kids. Canada, be nice in return ok.

She (Canada) is soooooo beautiful people!

Whatever stage you are on the process, i wish you the best.

The fulfilment that comes after you've landed is that of accomplishment.

Alhamdulillah for His mercies.

Goodluck and bye for now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaota: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
*Landing gist part 1*

We left Nigeria on Wednesday 23rd Jan with Ethiopian Airline, actually booked the tickets on 23rd October a week after our ppr to get a great deal but the last time I checked; I think about two weeks to our trip, the price was about 300k difference.
We traveled alongside my mom but decided not to carry too much load. In total we had 5 check-in luggage and 6 carry-on luggage but checked in 9 of the luggage at Lagos. We paid 3k for the food items we had which was mostly fishes. (one luggage was dedicated to azu okpoo). Also paid 4k to wrap the 4 Ghana-must-go luggage at 1k each. Meanwhile the workers at MM2 should be named beggars, they beg with passion that if you didn't give them anything you start feeling bad within you.
Flight from Lagos to Addis was smooth, the flight was 1:40pm but we left Lagos at about 1:50pm and reached Addis in 6 hours which was 8pm (10pm Addis time). The food were fair for the adults but my kids didn't like them, we had to pack the snacks cos we were sure they will demand for it later.
While at Addis, a staff of the ET asked us to check-in the remaining two carry-on luggage and this came as a big relief cos it wasn't easy carrying the luggage and the kids.
We had a 2 hour layover, then boarded and left for Toronto enroute Dublin. It was about 8 hours flight to Dublin with 45 minutes stop over for refuelling and drop off. We continued to Toronto and it was a smooth one even while crossing along the Atlantic but had a small wobbling while approaching Newfoundland.
We touched down Toronto at 8am Toronto time (2pm Nigeria time, which completed it 24 hours trip from Lagos to Toronto) and proceeded straight to immigration, the queue was much with many other immigrants from Nigeria and other countries.
The staff were so friendly and willing to assist with every possible way. We wanted to proceed with SIN but decided to do that later since we already missed our connecting flight to Vancouver which was a 9am flight.
We proceeded to exit and picked our luggage and went straight to Air Canada and we're told that the next flight is 5pm. This was the saddest news of the trip. It was 10 am in Toronto and we had to be in pearson for the next 7 hours doing nothing. It was worst when i learnt that trip from Toronto to Vancouver is 5 hours 20 minutes. Our connecting flight from Vancouver to Prince George (our finally destination) that was 6.30pm had to be moved to 9.50pm to be sure we meet up. Meanwhile, Ontario is 3 hours ahead of BC.
It wasnt easy to control the kids especially my son that just turned 3 and my infant daughter that screams while crying.
Highlight of the hectic day was when my infant daughter insisted on touching a golden retriever guide dog, she was screaming that I had no option than to succumb as everyone was like, allow her touch the dog. Her wish was finally granted and she was glad. (pics later in u guys care).
To cut the whole story short we finally boarded and left for Vancouver and reached promptly to meet up with our connecting flight to Prince George.
Touching down Prince George was funny cos all these while, we haven't come down directly to open weather and my son is always first to proceed to exit. This time he did the same but was welcomed with the cold of -3 (though feeling like -7). He shouted "I don't want to go down again" � � .
Meanwhile, since trip from Vancouver to Prince George wasn't part of our payment to ET, we paid westjet 30 CDN for each of the 5 luggage and had to carry 6 carry-on on luggage, which was very difficult to carry at this stage due to fatigue. I witnessed First Class love from Canadian as they voluntered to assist with the luggage which was almost impossible for me to carry alone. One offered to carry my son as he was crying, my wife was already carrying my sleeping infant daughter, and he was crying that he should be carried along. My mom was tired, my wife was tired, my kids were all tired. I was as well tired but I needed for carry on.
On entering the arrival bay awaits my siblings and it was a great reunion.

*... to be continued*

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 11:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
Ambidextrause:
How can one go about getting a visit visa for a friend (prospective partner) living in the US (finished Masters and working)?

CC @Blackbuddy

Hi, everything your friend needs can be found at this link from eligibility to how to apply online or via paper application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adiepena: 11:33pm On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=Winterpeg post=75181445]
Hi, though I'm not in Calgary,

Thanks for the response @Winterpeg
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ambidextrause: 11:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
Thank you sir!

Are there any tips, pros and/or cons? Or is just straightforward?

Blackbuddy:

Hi, everything your friend needs can be found at this link from eligibility to how to apply online or via paper application http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Inception12: 12:18am On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Newmum0615: 2:12am On Jan 29, 2019
Hi dear, please resend your mail. I have lots of them, help me find it easily. Pele.
boco2126:
Newmum0615, it seems you have migrated from the other group here that's why you haven't been seeing my mentions. Please check your email and revert. Regards
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 29, 2019
Building Technology. Since this Express entry wahala plenty like this, I was thinking of enrolling for College of the North Atlantic, thereby I will be able to continue the processes when I get there, I was thinking it would be easier when one is in Canada than doing it from here.
Have been thinking about it all night, I wouldn't mind college so far it's for a purpose. To get the Permanent Resident, I checked all the requirements already and am fine... Will be going for Civil Engineering Technology since I have my background in Building Technology. I don't know if anyone is thinking alike, and also the fees isn't too bad for International student, what I don't know is if I can get work permit too
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 4:25am On Jan 29, 2019
Lol. Shey?

IRCC has ensured I wouldn't meet up with this winter anyway. Should have time to acclimatize before next winter.

Boss13:

Trust me you don’t want to experience it. Better come during spring so you can key in else Na sickness
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 4:50am On Jan 29, 2019
Ambidextrause:
Thank you sir!

Are there any tips, pros and/or cons? Or is just straightforward?

Quite straight forward, my regards to your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nnysmuse: 5:35am On Jan 29, 2019
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. God bless you
cc @princesschuks @Licious07 @Ifeoma77 et al.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2019
ibkladunni:
Hi Everyone,
My passport expires in the first week of June 2019, Can I travel in May with the same passport on Egypt air to Canada (as a PR) or do I absolutely need to renew my passport?
Please reply.
@ifeoma.77
People on this thread have successfully travelled in the same situation.
But to be absolutely sure, I'd advise that you call the airline and make enquiries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2019
Guitarlife:
Ifeoma.77 have you landed ?
Not yet o.
We are waiting for your landing gist grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cheromel: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2019
Newmum0615:
What my street looks like at the moment.
-28°C this morning. -14°C at the moment. Temperatures will still dip later today. cry

Landing gist loading. Make una no abuse me abeg.

Hey God! Arriving Milton in 4 weeks with 2 kids. Fear dey catch me for this kin cold and snow�. Well, we will just have to tough it out. Newmum0615 waiting for your landing gist and may you find favour in the Land.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ibkladunni: 9:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Ifeoma77:

People on this thread have successfully travelled in the same situation.
But to be absolutely sure, I'd advise that you call the airline and make enquiries.
Thanks for replying @Ifeoma77. I tried to call them (it was really hard to get a number that works), I eventually spoke with someone who works there at the Abuja reservations office and she told me she doesn't know because Immigration is responsible for passports, not the airline. But that there's a 6 months rule. I was just tired. I know that with a CoPR the expiry date of the passport doesn't matter but what I'm afraid of is an ignorant Immigration official or airline staff using their reggae to spoil my blues. lol..
At this point, I'll just renew the passport and travel with both passports. What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by boco2126: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2019
Done that. thanks
Newmum0615:
Hi dear, please resend your mail. I have lots of them, help me find it easily. Pele.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by amdman: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
ibkladunni:

At this point, I'll just renew the passport and travel with both passports. What do you think?

That's the safest thing to do. It will also save you the stress of going to Ottawa to get a renewal in the future. The more documents you can obtain while in Nigeria, the better for you.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
ibkladunni:

Thanks for replying @Ifeoma77. I tried to call them (it was really hard to get a number that works), I eventually spoke with someone who works there at the Abuja reservations office and she told me she doesn't know because Immigration is responsible for passports, not the airline. But that there's a 6 months rule. I was just tired. I know that with a CoPR the expiry date of the passport doesn't matter but what I'm afraid of is an ignorant Immigration official or airline staff using their reggae to spoil my blues. lol..
I guess that's also a good idea, just to cover all bases and give you some peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lobell: 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Amakaota:
*Landing gist part 1*

*... to be continued*

Welcome sir...part 2 please...

Did you mean at two weeks the flight cost was cheaper than what you booked in October?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
My Landing Gist

Sorry this is coming late guys.

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement to finally settle in my beloved Canada. My Lufthansa flight to Toronto via Frankfurt was scheduled for 11:40 PM, I got to the airport just in time to check in. After the much dreaded checking in, I had a huge relief. From AoR to PPR to CoPR, village people still wanted to at least try their luck again at the airport. My dad’s car broke down just as we arrived the airport. My other 2 brothers were not allowed in so they had to stay back to check the car, we said our emotional goodbyes and took goofy selfies with plenty hugs. @Topsmamen was not with us as he was out of the country, chillaxing somewhere. Getting to checking in, I had an excess of 13KG and while the immigration lady was still talking, my head was running around analysing what heavy items were in what bag and how I could reduce the weight. A friend in Toronto asked me to bring her some clothing and food items and knowing I would be staying with her, that was the least I could do. I kept thinking - “Should I remove these heavy boots? Do I drop some bags of Semo or the Poundo Yam?”. While I was standing there thinking, from the corner of my eye, I could see the lady staring at me waiting for me to end my drama, I looked up at my Dad and I could see the lines of worry on his face. He’s a conscientious person and seeing him like that pained me. “It happens”, so he said. After weighing my bags at home, my people, it’s like the weighing scales they use at the airports do ojoro for us o.

So the next thing I heard was “Madam, I like your tshirt. That text is funny. Please bring your bags”. I looked down at my tshirt like I totally forgot what was written there. On my tshirt was written – “I hate being too pretty but someone’s gotta do it”. Well, I don’t blame myself, na excess luggage wahala cause am. I glanced again over at my Dad and gave him a thumbs up, I’m not quite sure but I think I saw his mouth say the word - “Halleluyah”. I don't know what made her to do that but it was divine favor, I thanked the kind lady and we finally cleared immigration, took some more selfies with my Dad, we prayed and made video calls with family and friends.

The flight was smooth. The in-flight entertainment wasn’t bad. I watched some movies like the much-hyped Crazy Rich Asians and A Quiet Place. The food was okay too. It was a 6-hour, 30-minute flight. I sat between an elderly Naija woman and a middle-aged Indian man who was in Nigeria for 1 week and I was surprised that within a week, he had already been to Abuja, Lekki, Ikeja, Ibadan, Yaba, Surulere, Benin, PH, even Abule Egba and Ketu. Talk about being an ajala the traveller. Said he has been hearing about kidnappings in Naija but he was not scared to move around. In my mind I was like, “correct! Shina Rambo”. He kuku looked like a Bollywood actor from one of those funny Indian low-grade action movie clips we see on social media. Very friendly and funny guy. Within a short period, I got to learn a lot from my new-found travel buddy, his name was Susanta. I asked him about their light festival - Diwali and he spoke at length about their culture and religion. I was enjoying his gist until it got to a point where I wished I could give him a tranq shot because I needed some sleep, he eventually drifted off to sleep with his face, in my direction, and too close to my face. I carefully nudged him to adjust on few occasions…and shook my head…..my new Bollywood friend…....sigh.

I had a 4-hour layover in Frankfurt. Connected to WiFi to inform the fam that I had landed safely in Frankfurt, I checked my emails and chatted with a few people. I think my friend-turned sister, @dumsydsassy1 too, to ask her if she had updates on her PPR.
The flight to YYZ was via Air Canada and I was already exhausted. Another 9 hours to Toronto? I just wanted the journey to end. When will scientists make time travel a reality? We are tired of the fiction and the lies. Lol.

The second leg of the flight was smooth at first. 3 hours into the journey, there was so much turbulence, it wasn’t normal at all. I was shaking and scared to my bones, my fear level was crazy. I’m not sure I was still breathing sef. This is no exaggeration fam. A lady about 3 seats behind my row, was repeatedly screaming “Father Lord! Peace be still! Father Lord! Peace be still!”. I had never been scared in my life. A white lady beside me put her head between her thighs and stayed silent. It lasted for about 5-15 minutes and there was calm. I was pressed to go use the bathroom but I just sat there, still shaking. About a few minutes later, I stood up to go to the bathroom and as I was walking in between the aisle, someone touched me. My eyes widened in surprise, it was my Indian friend, I totally forgot he mentioned he was also going to Toronto. How come I didn’t see him at the airport in Frankfurt? Stealth move, perhaps? Bollywood style? Is he a secret agent? Lol. I was like “ss…santa!” I couldn’t remember his full name. I only remembered “santa”. It was Christmas time anyway, lol. We chatted a bit and I got back to my seat, I couldn’t sleep anymore so I just flipped through magazines and listened to music. The flight attendants brought in snacks and more food but I was not in the mood, I just wanted to land already. The thought of being thousands of miles above the Atlantic gave me cramps. Seeing the plane’s path in the graphical flight path on the screens didn’t help much too.

We finally landed in Toronto around 1PM with few sounds of people clapping. I looked round and saw a white folk clapping too. Huh? I thought it was only us Nigerians and Africans that clap when landing is a success? Well, this turbulence was an exception so resounding claps of joy and relief were needed. Lol.

Clearance through immigration was smooth with no issues. I connected to WiFi and gave my host a Whatsapp call. Thankfully, she was somewhere close to the airport to pick me up. I proceeded to the luggage carousel to pick my bags. I wheeled the bags and sat at a waiting area, took a quick selfie and sent to my family Whatsapp group with the caption – “Look who just landed in Toronto”. I looked at the section of the signed copy of my CoPR where it says “Became a PR on December 10” and with a grateful heart, I said a silent prayer of thanksgiving. My friend picked me up and we took off. The weather was chilly but mild. She made me some nice poundo yam and egusi soup and I went to catch a good sleep later.

Fast forward to today, I am now in Oshawa, ON. Just yesterday, I had a 2-hour interview/registration process and thankfully, it was a success. I sat with one of the Directors of the Company and she was so cool and friendly. We got talking like we have known each other for ages. I got the employment offer for the position of a Clients’ Services Advisor and will commence training today. I have a well-established friend based in Edmonton who constantly encourages me to relocate to Edmonton because she says there are several health-related jobs there. Especially in the field I am in, Health and Social Care.

I am grateful to God, my family and friends, for a smooth landing.

I have landed in praise. God bless you all.

@Topsmamen, @dumsydsassy1, @raphrulz, @joo2018, @Ifeoma77, @ramj, @Tojued, @Tippex, @zeiya, @fatiah: I am waiting for your landing gists o.

214 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sthill5: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

@Topsmamen, @dumsydsassy1, @raphrulz, @joo2018, @Ifeoma77, @ramj, @Tojued, @Tippex, @zeiya, @fatiah: I am waiting for your landing gists o.

Beautiful! Your gist got me excited

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ibkladunni: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
amdman:

That's the safest thing to do. It will also save you the stress of going to Ottawa to get a renewal in the future. The more documents you can obtain while in Nigeria, the better for you.
You're right. I went to the passport office today. Getting any document in Nigeria is really stressful.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OYASALOF(f): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
Beautiful story, congratulations once again and on your job

dumprep:
My Landing Gist

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by efueh: 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congrats Dumprep! Go on and prosper.

dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement to finally settle in my beloved Canada. My Lufthansa flight to Toronto via Frankfurt was scheduled for 11:40 PM, I got to the airport just in time to check in.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jumdah20: 5:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
What a beautiful story. You're a great writer. Thank you for sharing. May the land favour you tremendously. grin [quote author=dumprep post=75233555]My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep be
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Favoured2505: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations! Felt like I was reading a novel. You write very well. Good luck in your new job!
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement to finally settle in my beloved Canada. My Lufthansa flight to Toronto via Frankfurt was scheduled for 11:40 PM, I got to the airport just in time to check in. After the much dreaded checking in, I had a huge relief. From AoR to PPR to CoPR, village people still wanted to at least try their luck again at the airport. My dad’s car broke down just as we arrived the airport. My other 2 brothers were not allowed in so they had to stay back to check the car, we said our emotional goodbyes and took goofy selfies with plenty hugs. @Topsmamen was not with us as he was out of the country, chillaxing somewhere. Getting to checking in, I had an excess of 13KG and while the immigration lady was still talking, my head was running around analysing what heavy items were in what bag and how I could reduce the weight. A friend in Toronto asked me to bring her some clothing and food items and knowing I would be staying with her, that was the least I could do. I kept thinking - “Should I remove these heavy boots? Do I drop some bags of Semo or the Poundo Yam?”. While I was standing there thinking, from the corner of my eye, I could see the lady staring at me waiting for me to end my drama, I looked up at my Dad and I could see the lines of worry on his face. He’s a conscientious person and seeing him like that pained me. “It happens”, so he said. After weighing my bags at home, my people, it’s like the weighing scales they use at the airports do ojoro for us o.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jhoci: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations on your new job!

dumprep:
My Landing Gist

Fast forward to today, I am now in Oshawa, ON. Just yesterday, I had a 2-hour interview/registration process and thankfully, it was a success. I sat with one of the Directors of the Company and she was so cool and friendly. We got talking like we have known each other for ages. I got the employment offer for the position of a Clients’ Services Advisor and will commence training today. I have a well-established friend based in Edmonton who constantly encourages me to relocate to Edmonton because she says there are several health-related jobs there. Especially in the field I am in, Health and Social Care.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Youtook(f): 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Wow! God bless and prosper you.

wengerly:
It's been a while since I checked in here. I'm glad things are still running well here and many dreams are coming to fruition. Thanks to everyone who has added value to this thread.

Like I've done a couple of times, if there is anyone coming to YYC any time soon, I volunteer to pick you from the airport to anywhere within the city. This offer is subject to conditions such as your time of arrival and size of your luggage.

God Bless.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Zeiya(f): 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2019
My dear @dumprep, my hubby keep asking me of your landing gist, thank God it came in today.

So happy to hear you are doing great. Congrats on your new job.

We may likely be neighbours as we are landing in April and our Airbnb is in Scarborough. We may extend our accomodation hunt to oshawa.

I will keep in touch

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lastruct: 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
Wooow... wey detailed...nice one dumprep...May the land favour you big...cheers. We are coming behind you.

[quote author=dumprep post=75233555]My Landing Gist

So the next thing I heard was “Madam, I like your tshirt. That text is funny. Please bring your bags”. I looked down at my tshirt like I totally forgot what was written there. On my tshirt was written – “I hate being too pretty but someone’s gotta do it”. Well, I don’t blame myself, na excess luggage wahala cause am. I glanced again over at my Dad and gave him a thumbs up, I’m not quite sure but I think I saw his mouth say the word - “Halleluyah”. I don't know what made her to do that but it was divine favor, I thanked the kind lady and we finally cleared immigration, took some more selfies with my Dad, we prayed and made video calls with family and friends.

The flight was smooth. The in-flight entertainment wasn’t bad. I watched some movies like the much-hyped Crazy Rich Asians and A Quiet Place. The food was okay too. It was a 6-hour, 30-minute flight. I sat between an elderly Naija woman and a middle-aged Indian man who was in Nigeria for 1 week and I was surprised that within a week, he had already been to Abuja, Lekki, Ikeja, Ibadan, Yaba, Surulere, Benin, PH, even Abule Egba and Ketu. Talk about being an ajala the traveller. Said he has been hearing about kidnappings in Naija but he was not scared to move around. In my mind I was like, “correct! Shina Rambo”. He kuku looked like a Bollywood actor from one of those funny Indian low-grade action movie clips we see on social media. Very friendly and funny guy. Within a short period, I got to learn a lot from my new-found travel buddy, his name was Susanta. I asked him about their light festival - Diwali and he spoke at length about their culture and religion. I was enjoying his gist until it got to a point where I wished I could give him a tranq shot because I needed some sleep, he eventually drifted off to sleep with his face, in my direction, and too close to my face. I carefully nudged him to adjust on few occasions…and shook my head…..my new Bollywood friend…....sigh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.