Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2180723 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ytp(f): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2019
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

Sorry this is coming late guys
You are such a fantastic writer and it’s effortless. Your stories fascinates me - PPR journey and now this....!!!

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ytp(f): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=dumprep post=75233555]My Landing Gist

Sorry this is coming late guys.

You are such a fantastic story teller and it’s effortless.Your stories fascinates me - PPR and now this......I am so damn jealous!!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sunvick(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
Hearty congratulations!!! You are a good narrator. may the land of Canada favour you.

dumprep:
My Landing Gist

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sunvick(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
Yes, i have sent you an email and my number in it.

wengerly:

you can reach me on alagbaj@yahoo.com, I can't seem to open my NL DM. You can drop your number and I'll call you.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olioxx(m): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t
Fast forward to today, I am now in Oshawa, ON. Just yesterday, I had a 2-hour interview/registration process and thankfully, it was a success. I sat with one of the Directors of the Company and she was so cool and friendly. We got talking like we have known each other for ages. I got the employment offer for the position of a Clients’ Services Advisor and will commence training today. I have a well-established friend based in Edmonton who constantly encourages me to relocate to Edmonton because she says there are several health-related jobs there. Especially in the field I am in, Health and Social Care.

I am grateful to God, my family and friends, for a smooth landing.

I have landed in praise. God bless you all.
OMG!! Congratulations darling!!! Wow you landed smoothly indeed!
I am super super happy for you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dubaiboy1: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Did I just read your write up from the beginning to the end ? ��. You are a great writer .. congrats and success in everything

dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement to finally settle in my beloved Canada. My Lufthansa flight to Toronto via Frankfurt was scheduled for 11:40 PM, I got to the airport just in time to check in. After the much dreaded checking in, I had a huge relief. From AoR to PPR to CoPR, village people still wanted to at least try their luck again at the airport. My dad’s car broke down just as we arrived the airport. My other 2 brothers were not allowed in so they had to stay back to check the car, we said our emotional goodbyes and took goofy selfies with plenty hugs. @Topsmamen was not with us as he was out of the country, chillaxing somewhere. Getting to checking in, I had an excess of 13KG and while the immigration lady was still talking, my head was running around analysing what heavy items were in what bag and how I could reduce the weight. A friend in Toronto asked me to bring her some clothing and food items and knowing I would be staying with her, that was the least I could do. I kept thinking - “Should I remove these heavy boots? Do I drop some bags of Semo or the Poundo Yam?”. While I was standing there thinking, from the corner of my eye, I could see the lady staring at me waiting for me to end my drama, I looked up at my Dad and I could see the lines of worry on his face. He’s a conscientious person and seeing him like that pained me. “It happens”, so he said. After weighing my bags at home, my people, it’s like the weighing scales they use at the airports do ojoro for us o.

So the next thing I heard was “Madam, I like your tshirt. That text is funny. Please bring your bags”. I looked down at my tshirt like I totally forgot what was written there. On my tshirt was written – “I hate being too pretty but someone’s gotta do it”. Well, I don’t blame myself, na excess luggage wahala cause am. I glanced again over at my Dad and gave him a thumbs up, I’m not quite sure but I think I saw his mouth say the word - “Halleluyah”. I don't know what made her to do that but it was divine favor, I thanked the kind lady and we finally cleared immigration, took some more selfies with my Dad, we prayed and made video calls with family and friends.

The flight was smooth. The in-flight entertainment wasn’t bad. I watched some movies like the much-hyped Crazy Rich Asians and A Quiet Place. The food was okay too. It was a 6-hour, 30-minute flight. I sat between an elderly Naija woman and a middle-aged Indian man who was in Nigeria for 1 week and I was surprised that within a week, he had already been to Abuja, Lekki, Ikeja, Ibadan, Yaba, Surulere, Benin, PH, even Abule Egba and Ketu. Talk about being an ajala the traveller. Said he has been hearing about kidnappings in Naija but he was not scared to move around. In my mind I was like, “correct! Shina Rambo”. He kuku looked like a Bollywood actor from one of those funny Indian low-grade action movie clips we see on social media. Very friendly and funny guy. Within a short period, I got to learn a lot from my new-found travel buddy, his name was Susanta. I asked him about their light festival - Diwali and he spoke at length about their culture and religion. I was enjoying his gist until it got to a point where I wished I could give him a tranq shot because I needed some sleep, he eventually drifted off to sleep with his face, in my direction, and too close to my face. I carefully nudged him to adjust on few occasions…and shook my head…..my new Bollywood friend…....sigh.

I had a 4-hour layover in Frankfurt. Connected to WiFi to inform the fam that I had landed safely in Frankfurt, I checked my emails and chatted with a few people. I think my friend-turned sister, @dumsydsassy1 too, to ask her if she had updates on her PPR.
The flight to YYZ was via Air Canada and I was already exhausted. Another 9 hours to Toronto? I just wanted the journey to end. When will scientists make time travel a reality? We are tired of the fiction and the lies. Lol.

The second leg of the flight was smooth at first. 3 hours into the journey, there was so much turbulence, it wasn’t normal at all. I was shaking and scared to my bones, my fear level was crazy. I’m not sure I was still breathing sef. This is no exaggeration fam. A lady about 3 seats behind my row, was repeatedly screaming “Father Lord! Peace be still! Father Lord! Peace be still!”. I had never been scared in my life. A white lady beside me put her head between her thighs and stayed silent. It lasted for about 5-15 minutes and there was calm. I was pressed to go use the bathroom but I just sat there, still shaking. About a few minutes later, I stood up to go to the bathroom and as I was walking in between the aisle, someone touched me. My eyes widened in surprise, it was my Indian friend, I totally forgot he mentioned he was also going to Toronto. How come I didn’t see him at the airport in Frankfurt? Stealth move, perhaps? Bollywood style? Is he a secret agent? Lol. I was like “ss…santa!” I couldn’t remember his full name. I only remembered “santa”. It was Christmas time anyway, lol. We chatted a bit and I got back to my seat, I couldn’t sleep anymore so I just flipped through magazines and listened to music. The flight attendants brought in snacks and more food but I was not in the mood, I just wanted to land already. The thought of being thousands of miles above the Atlantic gave me cramps. Seeing the plane’s path in the graphical flight path on the screens didn’t help much too.

We finally landed in Toronto around 1PM with few sounds of people clapping. I looked round and saw a white folk clapping too. Huh? I thought it was only us Nigerians and Africans that clap when landing is a success? Well, this turbulence was an exception so resounding claps of joy and relief were needed. Lol.

Clearance through immigration was smooth with no issues. I connected to WiFi and gave my host a Whatsapp call. Thankfully, she was somewhere close to the airport to pick me up. I proceeded to the luggage carousel to pick my bags. I wheeled the bags and sat at a waiting area, took a quick selfie and sent to my family Whatsapp group with the caption – “Look who just landed in Toronto”. I looked at the section of the signed copy of my CoPR where it says “Became a PR on December 10” and with a grateful heart, I said a silent prayer of thanksgiving. My friend picked me up and we took off. The weather was chilly but mild. She made me some nice poundo yam and egusi soup and I went to catch a good sleep later.

Fast forward to today, I am now in Oshawa, ON. Just yesterday, I had a 2-hour interview/registration process and thankfully, it was a success. I sat with one of the Directors of the Company and she was so cool and friendly. We got talking like we have known each other for ages. I got the employment offer for the position of a Clients’ Services Advisor and will commence training today. I have a well-established friend based in Edmonton who constantly encourages me to relocate to Edmonton because she says there are several health-related jobs there. Especially in the field I am in, Health and Social Care.

@Topsmamen, @dumsydsassy1, @raphrulz, @joo2018, @Ifeoma77, @ramj, @Tojued, @Tippex, @zeiya, @fatiah: I am waiting for your landing gists o.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fatiah(f): 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement to finally settle in my beloved Canada. My Lufthansa flight to Toronto via Frankfurt was scheduled for 11:40 PM, I got to the airport just in time to check in. After the much dreaded checking in, I had a huge relief. From AoR to PPR to CoPR, village people still wanted to at least try their luck again at the airport.

@Topsmamen, @dumsydsassy1, @raphrulz, @joo2018, @Ifeoma77, @ramj, @Tojued, @Tippex, @zeiya, @fatiah: I am waiting for your landing gists o.

Wow, thank God for a safe flight. So happy for you dear. I'm glad my positive expectations for you in Canada are beginning to manifest. I pray for more success stories for everyone of us.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by princesschuks: 9:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congrats on your new job @dumprep.
Great landing gist. I didn't want the story to end.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Obtay: 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by xcaper(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
Congratulations. May the land favour you.
Amakaota:
*Landing gist part 1*

We left Nigeria on Wednesday 23rd Jan with Ethiopian Airline, actually booked the tickets on 23rd October a week after our ppr to get a great deal but the last time I checked; I think about two weeks to our trip, the price was about 300k difference.
We traveled alongside my mom but decided not to carry too much load. In total we had 5 check-in luggage and 6 carry-on luggage but checked in 9 of the luggage at Lagos. We paid 3k for the food items we had which was mostly fishes. (one luggage was dedicated to azu okpoo). Also paid 4k to wrap the 4 Ghana-must-go luggage at 1k each. Meanwhile the workers at MM2 should be named beggars, they beg with passion that if you didn't give them anything you start feeling bad within you.
Flight from Lagos to Addis was smooth, the flight was 1:40pm but we left Lagos at about 1:50pm and reached Addis in 6 hours which was 8pm (10pm Addis time). The food were fair for the adults but my kids didn't like them, we had to pack the snacks cos we were sure they will demand for it later.
While at Addis, a staff of the ET asked us to check-in the remaining two carry-on luggage and this came as a big relief cos it wasn't easy carrying the luggage and the kids.
We had a 2 hour layover, then boarded and left for Toronto enroute Dublin. It was about 8 hours flight to Dublin with 45 minutes stop over for refuelling and drop off. We continued to Toronto and it was a smooth one even while crossing along the Atlantic but had a small wobbling while approaching Newfoundland.
We touched down Toronto at 8am Toronto time (2pm Nigeria time, which completed it 24 hours trip from Lagos to Toronto) and proceeded straight to immigration, the queue was much with many other immigrants from Nigeria and other countries.
The staff were so friendly and willing to assist with every possible way. We wanted to proceed with SIN but decided to do that later since we already missed our connecting flight to Vancouver which was a 9am flight.
We proceeded to exit and picked our luggage and went straight to Air Canada and we're told that the next flight is 5pm. This was the saddest news of the trip. It was 10 am in Toronto and we had to be in pearson for the next 7 hours doing nothing. It was worst when i learnt that trip from Toronto to Vancouver is 5 hours 20 minutes. Our connecting flight from Vancouver to Prince George (our finally destination) that was 6.30pm had to be moved to 9.50pm to be sure we meet up. Meanwhile, Ontario is 3 hours ahead of BC.
It wasnt easy to control the kids especially my son that just turned 3 and my infant daughter that screams while crying.
Highlight of the hectic day was when my infant daughter insisted on touching a golden retriever guide dog, she was screaming that I had no option than to succumb as everyone was like, allow her touch the dog. Her wish was finally granted and she was glad. (pics later in u guys care).
To cut the whole story short we finally boarded and left for Vancouver and reached promptly to meet up with our connecting flight to Prince George.
Touching down Prince George was funny cos all these while, we haven't come down directly to open weather and my son is always first to proceed to exit. This time he did the same but was welcomed with the cold of -3 (though feeling like -7). He shouted "I don't want to go down again" � � .
Meanwhile, since trip from Vancouver to Prince George wasn't part of our payment to ET, we paid westjet 30 CDN for each of the 5 luggage and had to carry 6 carry-on on luggage, which was very difficult to carry at this stage due to fatigue. I witnessed First Class love from Canadian as they voluntered to assist with the luggage which was almost impossible for me to carry alone. One offered to carry my son as he was crying, my wife was already carrying my sleeping infant daughter, and he was crying that he should be carried along. My mom was tired, my wife was tired, my kids were all tired. I was as well tired but I needed for carry on.
On entering the arrival bay awaits my siblings and it was a great reunion.

*... to be continued*

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Harjeehbaday(m): 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

So I woke up early on December 9, 2018 as I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement to finally settle in my beloved Canada. My Lufthansa flight to Toronto via Frankfurt was scheduled for 11:40 PM, I got to the airport just in time to check in. After the much dreaded checking in, I had a huge relief. From AoR to PPR to CoPR, village people still wanted to at least try their luck again at the airport. My dad’s car broke down just as we arrived the airport.

Congrats and go flourish in your new home!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakaota: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2019
No, the price was about 300k higher
lobell:

Welcome sir...part 2 please...

Did you mean at two weeks the flight cost was cheaper than what you booked in October?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:58am On Jan 30, 2019
joo2018:
All this snow pictures sha shocked. I can feel the chill from here wink wink

Really looking forward to my first winter in Canada cool.

Hmmn...the snow go soon tire you o! grin Here's a funny narrative below to give you an idea of the typical new immigrants' snow experience (of course with exaggeration I believe grin )

Diary of a Demented Snow Sniveler

December 8- 6:00 PM
It started to snow. The first snow of the season and
the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by
the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down
from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses print. So
romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow
covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic
sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole
world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had!

Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a
boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks.
This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered
up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got
to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12
The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a
disappointment! My neighbor tells me not to worry-
We'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on
Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much
snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see
snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such
a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14
Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night. The
temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything
sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed
up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the
life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and
buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to
do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in
shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15
20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4
Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2
extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants
a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think
that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16
Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in
the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The
Wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very
cruel.

December 17
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go
anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to
pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but
stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I
should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to
her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe
I'm freezing to death in my own livingroom.

December 20
Electricity is back on, but had another 14 inches of
the damn stuff last night. More shoveling! Took all
day. The damn snowplow came by twice.
Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said
they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're
lying.
Called the only hardware store around to see about
buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have
another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob
says I have to shovel or the city will have it done
and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more
inches of the white **** fell today, and it's so cold,
it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes
to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I
had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and
dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to
hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of
the winter, but he says he's too busy. I think the
******* is lying.

December 23
Only 2 inches of snow today. And it warmed up to 0.
The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house
this morning. What is she, nuts?!!
Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She
says she did, but I think she's lying.

December 24
6 inches - Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke
the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I
ever catch the ***** who drives that snow
plow, I'll drag him through the snow by his balls and
beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he
hides around the corner and waits for me to finish
shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100
miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just
been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas
Carols with her and open our presents, but I was too
busy watching for the damn snowplow.

December 25
20 more inches of the *** slop tonight - Snowed in .
The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God, I hate
the snow!
Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation
and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife
says I have a bad attitude. I think she's a *****
idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one
more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26
Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It
was all HER idea.
She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27
Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze;
plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he
only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28
Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. The ***** is
driving me crazy!!!

December 29
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or
it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard.
How dumb does he think I am?

December 30
Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plow driver, and now
he is suing me for a million dollars, not only for the
beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the
broken snow shovel up his ass. The wife went home to
her mother.
Nine more inches predicted.

December 31
I set fire to what's left of the house. No more
shoveling.

January 8
Feel so good. I just love those little white pills
they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Copied

83 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 4:05am On Jan 30, 2019
Really laughed my bum off! Thanks for sharing.

Tone23:

Hmmn...the snow go soon tire you o! grin Here's a funny narrative below to give you an idea of the typical new immigrants' snow experience (of course with exaggeration I believe grin )

Copied

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford1: 5:37am On Jan 30, 2019
Tone23:

[i]Diary of a Demented Snow Sniveler

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:45am On Jan 30, 2019
Tone23:

December 31
shoveling.

January 8

Copied
That escalated quickly

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sleekysoft(m): 9:03am On Jan 30, 2019
Good morning seniors, hope all is well with you allheee ? Please I will be landing in Canada in few weeks.. going to NL but passing Montreal.. I will be spending a day there before next day flight to NL. Please anyone in Montreal who can host me and make my stay awesome.. male or female please signify so I can message you or you messaage me.. will be in Montreal by March 4 .. thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kmgb1: 10:46am On Jan 30, 2019
Tone23:

Copied

Oh lawd!!! I have tears in my eyes

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jholarharde(f): 11:23am On Jan 30, 2019
congrats @dear dumprep
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KelvinCX(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2019
WoodcressMayor:
Hi guys!!!...*flaps flippers* cheesy tongue

Edmonton weather has been soooooooo good in the last 3 days. In fact, the snow has been meltioniown and we're dragging weather with BC grin.

In other news, abeg I need contact of correct barber wey fit give me better drip cool
You'll get familiar with it soon

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KelvinCX(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2019
WoodcressMayor:
Hi guys!!!...*flaps flippers* cheesy tongue

Edmonton weather has been soooooooo good in the last 3 days. In fact, the snow has been meltioniown and we're dragging weather with BC grin.

In other news, abeg I need contact of correct barber wey fit give me better drip cool
You'll get familiar with it soon.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KelvinCX(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2019
Tone23:

December 9
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow
covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic
sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole
world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had!

Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a
boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks.
This afternoon the snowplow came along and covered
up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got
to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12
The sun has melted all our lovely snow. Such a
disappointment! My neighbor tells me not to worry-
We'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on
Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much
snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see
snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such
a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 14
Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night. The
temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything
sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed
up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the
life! The snowplow came back this afternoon and
buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to
do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in
shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 15
20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4x4
Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2
extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants
a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think
that's silly. We aren't in Alaska, after all.

December 16
Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in
the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The
Wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very
cruel.

December 17
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go
anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to
pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but
stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I
should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to
her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe
I'm freezing to death in my own livingroom.

December 20
Electricity is back on, but had another 14 inches of
the damn stuff last night. More shoveling! Took all
day. The damn snowplow came by twice.
Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said
they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're
lying.
Called the only hardware store around to see about
buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have
another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob
says I have to shovel or the city will have it done
and bill me. I think he's lying.

December 22
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more
inches of the white **** fell today, and it's so cold,
it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes
to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I
had to piss. By the time I got undressed, pissed and
dressed again. I was too tired to shovel. Tried to
hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of
the winter, but he says he's too busy. I think the
******* is lying.

December 23
Only 2 inches of snow today. And it warmed up to 0.
The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house
this morning. What is she, nuts?!!
Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She
says she did, but I think she's lying.

December 24
6 inches - Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke
the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I
ever catch the ***** who drives that snow
plow, I'll drag him through the snow by his balls and
beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he
hides around the corner and waits for me to finish
shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100
miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just
been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas
Carols with her and open our presents, but I was too
busy watching for the damn snowplow.

December 25
20 more inches of the *** slop tonight - Snowed in .
The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God, I hate
the snow!
Then the snowplow driver came by asking for a donation
and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife
says I have a bad attitude. I think she's a *****
idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one
more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

December 26
Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It
was all HER idea.
She's really getting on my nerves.

December 27
Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze;
plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he
only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

December 28
Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. The ***** is
driving me crazy!!!

December 29
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or
it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard.
How dumb does he think I am?

December 30
Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plow driver, and now
he is suing me for a million dollars, not only for the
beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the
broken snow shovel up his ass. The wife went home to
her mother.
Nine more inches predicted.

December 31
shoveling.

January 8

Copied
grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tojued: 11:36am On Jan 30, 2019
dumprep:
My Landing Gist

Welcome to the Cannyland and congrats on the job. Forward-forward all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njbybrthnly: 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2019
Tone23:

Copied

Hilarious!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ibkladunni: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2019
Tone23:

[i]Diary of a Demented Snow Sniveler

Copied
Hahahaha!! Thanks for sharing. I love it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
In Earnest, I think this thread was open to share experiences and helpful notes whilst living in canada. In my opinion, I think sharing landing gist here is inappropriate. There are specific threads for that purpose.

For any avoidance of doubt, the thread is living in canada or life as a Canadian immigrant. It’s not landing in canada or requesting information on how to land, apply for Canadian immigration or concerns related to immigration process.

There are many relevant topics to discuss. Please let’s observe proper etiquette

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
The moment you land in Canada, your "life as a Canadian immigrant" kicks off and you start "living in Canada".
That's where experiences start from.....Sir.

Boss13:
In Earnest, I think this thread was open to share experiences and helpful notes whilst living in canada. In my opinion, I think sharing landing gist here is inappropriate. There are specific threads for that purpose.

For any avoidance of doubt, the thread is living in canada or life as a Canadian immigrant. It’s not landing in canada or requesting information on how to land, apply for Canadian immigration or concerns related to immigration process.

There are many relevant topics to discuss. Please let’s observe proper etiquette

59 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Boss13: 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
dumprep:
The moment you land in Canada, your "life as a Canadian immigrant" kicks off and you start "living in Canada".

I knew I was going to read something like this to justify spamming this thread with landing topics. That’s not the essence of the thread. Please revert back to the previous thread and the motive of the individual who created it.

When we deviate from objectives, we miss the goal. We don’t allow important topics to be discussed and in turn convert the thread to a gossip section.

If people are more interested in reading landing topics, create a thread for that purpose or post in the POST-PPR thread.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Walegy: 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
True talk... I just don't know why some people just want to derail thread unnecessarily... thread that has been flowing smoothly since morning with different landing gist. Abeggi......

dumprep:

27 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
@Sthill5: Thanks smiley
@OYASALOF: Thanks smiley
@efueh: Amen, thanks. smiley
@Jumdah20, @Favoured2505: Amen, many thanks. I wish I could write half as good as Chief @einsteino.
@jhoci: thanks, congrats on your PPR once again kiss
@zeiya: Yay! Thanks my darling kiss. That's great! For sure, will keep in touch. Hurry oh!
@Lastruct: Thanks. Waiting for your CoPR smiley
@ytp: Thanks a lot dear. Looool@damn jealous.
@sunvick: Amen, thanks boss kiss
@Ifeoma77: Thank you darl kiss. Can't wait for your PPR. It's just around the corner. Really can't wait.
@dubaiboy1: Amen, thanks. I wish you the same, thanks a lot smiley
@fatiah: Amen. I'm deeply grateful. Thanks love kiss
@Obtay: Thanks
@Harjeehbaday: Amen, thanks.
@jholarharde: my darling, thanks.
@Tojued: Yes o! Thanks sis kiss

Thank you ALL.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.