Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:08 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2158226 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
Pwinkle1:
Hello Everyone,

Please is anyone currently in CA, willing to help me order my gcms notes?

I’d very much appreciate the kind gesture.
grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ifegy: 4:39am On Oct 22, 2020
FYI

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adwal2020: 6:11am On Oct 22, 2020
Good day my bosses in the house,

Please I need an accommodation in BC,Vancouver.

Will appreciate if I can get any useful info on this.
Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Xogreo: 10:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Hello everyone, I need your help. Please I intend travelling to New Brunswick before the end of November 2020 but when I checked on Ethiopian Airlines, they don't have a flight to Moncton in New Brunswick . How do I book a flight ticket for me and my family. I'm aware i can bookba connecting flight but i have no idea what it is and how it works. If there are any whatsapp or telegram group for PR in New Brunswick, kindly share the link.

Thank you all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
Xogreo:
Hello everyone, I need your help. Please I intend travelling to New Brunswick before the end of November 2020 but when I checked on Ethiopian Airlines, they don't have a flight to Moncton in New Brunswick . How do I book a flight ticket for me and my family. I'm aware i can bookba connecting flight but i have no idea what it is and how it works. If there are any whatsapp or telegram group for PR in New Brunswick, kindly share the link.

Thank you all.

Only air Canada is going there from November 1st, you might have to fly to Toronto or Montreal from naija, then book separately on air Canada to Moncton, ensure to leave enough layover time at the airport for all procedure to be completed.
This option will be quite expensive though., The cheapest I found was Turkish Air @1100 for adult from naija to Moncton.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by femcold: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
Good day everyone, please can I get the contact numbers of IRCC
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2020
DivineGrace123:

I am trying to imagine this scenario in my head.... grin cheesy grin

I agree with you. Better safe than sorry.

It's not difficult to imagine if you've lived in an area with bad roads before (like Benin). Driving in snow can be just like driving in deep sand or mud. Same skills and strategy needed.

Now driving on ice... That's another matter. Even with the best winter tires this one eh...

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by rainazoe: 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2020
How easy is it to switch to Internal control/Audit with a CPA. I don't want to do Accounting anymore.

If you could also give guidance on other finance areas, I'd appreciate it.

hayor2014:

do you have ICAN, if yes, register and write the ACCA, in order to convert it to CPA( this is for the financial analyst).
The big 4's here will likely recruit a person with big 4 experience from naija, but the CPA ,and CFE will definitely give a super boost for an auditor in the big 4

Financial Analyst = CPA
internal auditor = CIA plus CFE or CISA or CPA(at least 2)
Financial Auditor = CPA
IT Auditor = CISA + (CRISC or CISSP or CIA).

Auditors are paid better than accountants or financial analysts in most places.
Big 4's don't have fantastic pay but give your career profile a lot of boost, ease in getting other subsequent roles.
Most Government audit roles prefer the CIA to CPA.

the above statements are my my personal knowledge and experience, they are not cast in stone

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LordAA(m): 11:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Hello everyone.

Please how can one find a cheap flight?
Is there any recommended website?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:12am On Oct 23, 2020
LordAA:
Hello everyone.

Please how can one find a cheap flight?
Is there any recommended website?

Thank you
wakanow
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:17am On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Good evening house.

I just got PPR today. I want to start making plans ahead. I’ll be going to Vancouver. Please all tips and advice is welcome. But I have special concerns
1) Accomodation is really expensive as I’ve seen. I don’t mind a shared flat but I want my own private bathroom. Also not too far from ubc campus. My budget with bills included is 1,300. Is this realistic? I’m going alone as a student.

2) What airport is best? Can I land in Vancouver or Toronto?

3) I’ve lived in Europe for several years, so living outside is not so new but is there anything I should know specifically for Canada?

4) How can I get cheap flight options?

5) how can I find a house without reference or financial check. I saw it’s required for many houses.

6) I’m going to have to do the 14 days quarantine. After that, would I have to stay in a hotel/some accommodation before I find a flat? What are cheap options please?

Thank you very much.

Ps: I’ll start reading from the first page of this thread now
1. Use kijiji.Com
2. Where else than Vancouver your destination
3. Nothing new
4. Wakanow, Skyscanner
5. You will have to inform the landlords. Out of 10 2 may agree when you show them proofs you can pay.
6. Airbnb

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:18am On Oct 23, 2020
rainazoe:
How easy is it to switch to Internal control/Audit with a CPA. I don't want to do Accounting anymore.

If you could also give guidance on other finance areas, I'd appreciate it.

with covid there are alot of Canadian experience people on ground. You are likely to see what your former JD says. These are not the times to be picky. Na wetin you see first you go do.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Thank you. Please I await more responses. Anyone in Vancouver that can help, please do. Thanks in advance

ednut1:

1. Use kijiji.Com
2. Where else than Vancouver your destination
3. Nothing new
4. Wakanow, Skyscanner
5. You will have to inform the landlords. Out of 10 2 may agree when you show them proofs you can pay.
6. Airbnb
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by eclectic139(f): 3:50am On Oct 23, 2020
Please oh! Important to Note - I know we are all security conscious as per Naija, but incase Canada don dilute am, take note.

Anyone that uses their vehicle for Uber Eats, do not leave your car running with the key in the ignition and go and inside to pick up the food.
There may (may because it has not been proven, but a pattern has been observed) be a theft ring operating especially GTA targeting Uber Eats drivers when they enter the restaurant to pick up their food.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LordAA(m): 7:24am On Oct 23, 2020
ednut1:
wakanow

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jermaineayo: 7:33am On Oct 23, 2020
Hello all, please I want to make a humble request for the list of things I'll need to come with when traveling to Canada.

A link or someone willing to help me draft one will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by saskatoonguy: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
heidepaper:
Good evening house.

I just got PPR today. I want to start making plans ahead. I’ll be going to Vancouver. Please all tips and advice is welcome. But I have special concerns
1) Accomodation is really expensive as I’ve seen. I don’t mind a shared flat but I want my own private bathroom. Also not too far from ubc campus. My budget with bills included is 1,300. Is this realistic? I’m going alone as a student.

2) What airport is best? Can I land in Vancouver or Toronto?

3) I’ve lived in Europe for several years, so living outside is not so new but is there anything I should know specifically for Canada?

4) How can I get cheap flight options? Let me help out here, if you want to book your flight ahead, there are options, look for me on twitter @oginnite or my digit zero 7 zero thirty 9 foufrteen sixty-one 23

5) how can I find a house without reference or financial check. I saw it’s required for many houses.

6) I’m going to have to do the 14 days quarantine. After that, would I have to stay in a hotel/some accommodation before I find a flat? What are cheap options please?

Thank you very much.

Ps: I’ll start reading from the first page of this thread now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ableka001: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
Good day Guys,

I want to know do paper applicants also get a BVL? if Yes then would it be by mail or on passport pickup.
quote author=saskatoonguy post=95241966][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olabisi6438(f): 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2020
���
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NairaLuck: 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Good evening everyone, is anyone residing in Brantford Ontario here. I got some enquires to make
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Good evening house, please is there anyone here who was issued COPR after March 18th that has landed in Canada?

My COPR will expire by the end of November. If there is any WhatsApp or telegram group or personal experience I can get information from, it will be really appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Brownie1003: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2020
Are you for real? When pple don japa since. Pls book your ticket jare.
frailbuzz:
Good evening house, please is there anyone here who was issued COPR after March 18th that has landed in Canada?

My COPR will expire by the end of November. If there is any WhatsApp or telegram group or personal experience I can get information from, it will be really appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Badabada(m): 5:21am On Oct 24, 2020
Good day bro, pls I will like to get some knowledge about this from, I intend embarking on same journey, this next year. Pls reach out tnx
Xogreo:

Thank you all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Natalie27: 6:08am On Oct 24, 2020
Check out OnyekA asamaka on you tube or instagram, she was a student who recently got her PPR and currently lives and work in Vancouver... she seems really friendly and could be of great assistance.

heidepaper:
Thank you. Please I await more responses. Anyone in Vancouver that can help, please do. Thanks in advance

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ftmum: 6:26am On Oct 24, 2020
frailbuzz:

Of course, I have a friend who came in June .....using the emergency flight ✈️.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 24, 2020
Thank you so much
Natalie27:
Check out OnyekA asamaka on you tube or instagram, she was a student who recently got her PPR and currently lives and work in Vancouver... she seems really friendly and could be of great assistance.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks. Please kindly share the details here if you wish. [quote author=saskatoonguy post=95241966][/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lislekelsey: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2020
Good morning. How is everyone doing?

Straight to the point, please what are the chances of my getting a good teaching job in Canada with Bsc and Msc in English. My siblings keep saying it would be almost impossible (they live in Europe). But I'll like to know. Cos teaching is the only thing that actually interests me.

Is it an easy line to get into over there? Is it hard? Should I just do a second masters in another course? Maybe International relations or something? Please I will like to hear from people who are in the system already. I really ain't ready to leave Nigeria for customer service jobs in Canada when I could certainly do better. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by matilda02(f): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hi Everyone, please i need advice. In just got married and we’re about to start the process, i have a few questions
1. My passport hasn’t expired but still has my maiden name, do i have to change it to apply? Or just provide marriage certificate
2. I studied health education with 4years experience as a customer care manager, my husband studied computer science but went into business afterwards (mart, restaurant,bakery, gym, e.t.c) what are our chances of getting jobs. Though o intend to go back to school there at some point
3. Which province would be the best for us to settle in based on job opportunities and cost of living
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2020
All these what are my chances questions are not needed here. Make your research as there are a lot of information online already . No one can tell you what your chances are as we dont know you capabilities, abilities. If you want to migrate please do, but have it at the back of your mind you might do something unrelated to your career to pay the bills in the initial stages which is not new. No one can tell you your chances. Its 50: 50. You may land and get a dream job in week, you may also land and get it 1 or 2 years later. The popular Tunde tash once worked in a sausage factory as a student in canada now works for one of the biggest bank in Canada . Someone up there is talking down customer service jobs.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (708) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Yekebu(f), donshegzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.