Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,758 members, 7,802,317 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2177652 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Deltayankeeboi: 8:55pm On Nov 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Steeles Avenue east cool

Canada always gives off this aura of a lonely and solitude environment even in their major cities.

I guess it's because of the ratio of the small population to the massive land mass or life post-covid. I do bet that there are no traffic or hold Up's on Canadian roads.

Regardless, I love the country so much.
The peace, the quiet, the serenity, the tranquility.

I can't wait.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmatrack(m): 12:00am On Nov 10, 2020
Gabzi28:
yes, for a renewal biometric is not compulsory. When filling the renewal form online just choose no in the question "do you want to recapture biometric" and a new card would be printed and sent to your preferred centre for collection
Wow! That is good. We learn everyday
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jeff5gold: 3:36am On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=NaijaCanadian28 post=95659495]

Please, I really need to do a police clearance certificate, I live in delta
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Innunique: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2020
bLacKGoLd3:
As the Naira loses value before our eyes, just thought to share ways in which new migrants can salvage as much as is possible. I believe you know this already, but my advise is to keep it simple - stick to USD because it's easily sourced/universal and you can carry more of your exchanged Naira.

So here are some go-to sources for USD/NGN or CAD/NGN conversion;

I can hear someone at the back saying Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)...make I laugh small grin. Just knowing how volatile that market is, one might arrive YYZ only to realize that they're left with half the value of their initial sum. Except you're a die-hard masochist or you know how to straddle, you may have better memories watching your money light up a fireplace or treating your loved ones and family to a lavish party (2020 has been a year, mbok!)
well...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by pampem: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hello, how are we doing and how’s prep for landing . And to those who just landed hope you are settling in well. Una welcome o. So if there’s anyone coming in to calgary soon or already in calgary and requires accommodation, a newly built basement 2 bed is readily available for possession in northwest area in a workout and it includes all utilities. Kindly message if you require one. Am in calgary and willing to help you settle in too.
All the best and for those already in calgary please stay warm �

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by pampem: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hi peeps , can anyone please assist with the link to join or add me to the calgary group ? Post ppr ? Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Good day landed colleagues and seniors and new COPR clinchers.. How is the relocation struggle.

Just wanna give u a little head-up especially collaegus coming to Saskatchewan, pls be well prepared in areas of job hunt.

Though all experience may not be the same but generally speaking it may take u a little while to land that dream job, so pls do not let your ego overshadow your sense of right thinking.

Be ready to take up some survival jobs. They are not so bad as it sounds. You need the money and the experience here.

Above all Sask is a pretty cold province, don't be deceived with yaba winter gear. Get here and buy the one meant for the type of cold here. God bless you all.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hello,

For those who received COPR after March 18 and don't know if they can travel or not. I was in your shoes two weeks ago. I dropped my question here and was encouraged to moved.

I DID

Landed Pearson international Toronto yesterday. Anybody with a COPR can travel just make sure you have proof of your POF.

Landing gist coming up soon.

Peace.

If still in doubt, see attached

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chenkes: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
Congrats. May your new home favour you!.
frailbuzz:
Hello,

Landed Pearson international Toronto yesterday. Anybody with a COPR can travel just make sure you have proof of your POF.

Peace.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Folafikemi:
Good day landed colleagues and seniors and new COPR clinchers.. How is the relocation struggle.

Just wanna give u a little head-up especially collaegus coming to Saskatchewan, pls be well prepared in areas of job hunt.

Though all experience may not be the same but generally speaking it may take u a little while to land that dream job, so pls do not let your ego overshadow your sense of right thinking.

Be ready to take up some survival jobs. They are not so bad as it sounds. You need the money and the experience here.

Above all Sask is a pretty cold province, don't be deceived with yaba winter gear. Get here and buy the one meant for the type of cold here. God bless you all.
Saskatchewan picture a friend sent me lol

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LordAA(m): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
frailbuzz:
Hello,

For those who received COPR after March 18 and don't know if they can travel or not. I was in your shoes two weeks ago. I dropped my question here and was encouraged to moved.

I DID

Peace.

Nice.
Please which province are you in and which airline did you use?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Yayyyy..Awesome.news.

frailbuzz:
Hello,

I DID

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmatrack(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
frailbuzz:
Hello,

Congratulations on your landing. You mean they asked for your pof? smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Richdee1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Saskatchewan picture a friend sent me lol

I thought most houses comes with Garage?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Emmy2009(m): 11:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hello guys. Please I need help. And I will appreciate any answers I can get.
I'm a lawyer. Certified and trained in Nigeria for over 3 years now. I'm hoping to migrate to Canada and I'm prepping up to write the IELTS exams soon. I graduated with a 2.2 here in Nigeria in 2015 so I cant go for the full fledged masters because of that so I'm aiming for a diploma in something legal related in Canada and hopefully might upgrade to a masters in the future if I see the need to. I was wondering, hows it like migrating to Canada and practicing law there. MOST people I spoke to about the whole migrating thing adviced that's it's pretty difficult to get admission in a school in Canada if you dont go for a course which you already have a background on. So my questions are.
1. Is it easy to get a law practicing job or a job relating to the legal profession in general in Canada.
2. I'm not really a do or die lawyer so I dont mind having another profession after schooling there as long as it's a clean,professional and comfortable job. Because of this, is it reasonable to just forget the law thing and start thinking of something else if possible?
3. If 2 above is reasonable, what other options should I be opened to. The major point is to get a job in Canada, what sort of profession can someone easily get a job.
Thanks for the replies
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kinkykinky: 1:24am On Nov 12, 2020
Hmm
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stencil: 2:41am On Nov 12, 2020
That's an apartment in the picture.
Apartments/Condos typically have surface and underground parking.

Richdee1:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 12, 2020
Richdee1:

funny.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kinkykinky: 3:13am On Nov 12, 2020
anike2011:
Hello, Please I urgently need a contact at Lautech's transcript Office. My email addy is nikefasesin@yahoo.com . Thank you.

Please, can you help with the number??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by step1: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2020
frailbuzz:
Hello,

I DID

Peace.

Please which airline did you use ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maverick22: 10:30am On Nov 12, 2020
Check out moyosore balogun on LinkedIn
Emmy2009:
Hello guys. Please I need help. And I will appreciate any answers I can get.
I'm a lawyer. Certified and trained in Nigeria for over 3 years now. I'm hoping to migrate to Canada

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2020
Chenkes:
Congrats. May your new home favour you!.

Amen.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
LordAA:

Nice.
Please which province are you in and which airline did you use?

Province: Ontario

Airline:. Ethiopian

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
emmatrack:

Congratulations on your landing. You mean they asked for your pof? smiley

The very first question I was asked at the immigration desk.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
step1:

Please which airline did you use ?

Ethiopian

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by step1: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
frailbuzz:

Ethiopian

Bro can you give me your number so I can WhatsApp you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ManitobaNeet: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
frailbuzz:

Ethiopian

Sorry but did you do a covid test ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LordAA(m): 4:18pm On Nov 12, 2020
frailbuzz:

Province: Ontario

Airline:. Ethiopian
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shattiRed101(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
frailbuzz:
Hello,

I DID

Peace.

Hello Frailbuzz,

I will like to travel, please can you can you please share more light, do I need an exemption or any documents from ircc to travel or can I go with just my copr?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
ManitobaNeet:

Sorry but did you do a covid test ?
I did not
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by frailbuzz: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
shattiRed101:

Hello Frailbuzz,

I will like to travel, please can you can you please share more light, do I need an exemption or any documents from ircc to travel or can I go with just my copr?

Your COPR is enough.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Obanidavid: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
frailbuzz:

I did not

hello sir, still on the covid test, did you choose not to do or you were not asked by the airline cos I have spoken with an Ethiopian airline agent who said it is mandatory for all passengers?

pls help me clarify this information based on your experience before boarding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.