Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2180633 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dameelee: 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hello Naijaforeigner, I remember you saying you graduated from Fanshawe college (I hope I'm not mistaking you for someone else).
I just recently got my PPR and just waiting to get back my passport with the visa on it by Gods grace.
Please what should I expect as an international student going to London Ont? Do you think its possible to transition from Study visa to PR within my 1 year PGWP? Are you still living in London? if yes how easy do you think it is to get a job after school (business administrator with 3 years Naija experience)?
Please can someone tell me which is more preferable choice to fly with, Egypt or Ethiopian air.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Naijaforeigner: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello Naijaforeigner, I remember you saying you graduated from Fanshawe college (I hope I'm not mistaking you for someone else).
I just recently got my PPR and just waiting to get back my passport with the visa on it by Gods grace.
Please what should I expect as an international student going to London Ont? Do you think its possible to transition from Study visa to PR within my 1 year PGWP? Are you still living in London? if yes how easy do you think it is to get a job after school (business administrator with 3 years Naija experience)?
Please can someone tell me which is more preferable choice to fly with, Egypt or Ethiopian air.

Congrats Dameele.

Oh yes I finished from Fanshawe and I had to do 2 PGC programs. I am still in London Ontario, I work and live here.

What should you expect? I don’t even know what to tell you.
Well, it is a cool city and for me, l love it here (except the boring social life). It is also an okay city for international students although COVID has made it a bit challenging for students to get part time jobs.

Have an open mind, embrace other cultures and be willing to unlearn some stuffs we have been used to as Nigerians.

Transitioning from a 1 year PGWP to PR. This is a difficult one to answer as each person will have to evaluate their situation and determine best suits them and assess their apetite for risk.

It also depends on your age, IELTS, how soon you can get a job in NOC O,A or B post graduation and which route you are considering for PR.

Is it easy to get jobs post graduation in NOC 0, A or B? I did and had friends who also got those jobs. I must add, your program of choice also plays a key role.

It is very possible to get PR with just 1 year PGC, I have seen few people do it BEFORE COVID and I have friends in the process as we speak. I must also add, it is risky.

My personal suggestion will be, go for a second program if you have the money so that you can have peace of mind.

If you need anything when you come in to London Ontario, please feel free to reach out, ask questions as much as possible. I am more than happy to help you to the best of my ability.

Fanshawe will likely give you 2 free nights of accommodation while you search for houses.

On this thread In 2018, I got help from a wonderful man The Congo ( he has been in London for over 20 years or there about) and another wonderful Nigerian lady ( I can’t remember her user name anymore) who helped me settle in. God bless them.

22 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shattiRed101(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
frailbuzz:
Hello,

For those who received COPR after March 18 and don't know if they can travel or not. I was in your shoes two weeks ago. I dropped my question here and was encouraged to moved.

I DID

Landed Pearson international Toronto yesterday. Anybody with a COPR can travel just make sure you have proof of your POF.

Landing gist coming up soon.

Peace.

If still in doubt, see attached

Sorry again, but I will want to ask if you have relatives in Canada?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
Teau:
Guess what people!!!

i received my new Nigerian passport from ATLANTA yesterday.
-biometrics done on the 12th Nov
- new pp received via Express courier on 18th Nov

the secret? God, booking appointment on their website ahead of your visit the embassy, getting all necessary documents and Express courier envelope ready.

Just to share.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
snowlordng:
Good morning great people pls am the one that posted earlier that my mum wants to migrate to Canada with caregiver pathway...pls great people we have noticed its hard to get childcare provider job..she is now focused on securing elderly caregiver job which Is also part of caregiver pathway and its high in demand due to Canada aging population and my mum is public/community health nurse with over 10 year experience and its going to put her in the right position to get the job...if you could remember I said earlier that we have been searching for job online for more than a year without positive feedback...please if you can help us secure the job or connect her to employer we will forever be greatful we don't mind if we gonna pay to secure the job ...#

I stumbled on an immigration pathway for nurses to come and do care jobs in New Brunswick. You should probably read on that.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ugosample(m): 5:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
The mass exodus from that failed $hithole country continues.........

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ugosample:
The mass exodus from that failed $hithole country continues.........
total number of Nigerians that have gone to Canada on PR, study or assylum from 2019 are not up to 50000. There is no mass exodus grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ugosample(m): 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
ednut1:
total number of Nigerians that have gone to Canada on PR, study or assylum from 2019 are not up to 50000. There is no mass exodus grin

Canada is just one country

When you check Ghana, US, UK, Russia and even Germany and where I currently live

You will see the mass exodus in real time

I had a discussion with someone not too long ago
And I got to discover that some young Nigerians are even considering study route in countries like Lithuania and Philippines
Freaking Philippines

Some south african unis
You see the number of Nigerians
And you just wonder

And I just glossed through the SA thread
Much more are seeking admissions and committing their life savings

Bro, it's a mass exodus from the country
Especially among younger Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ugosample:

Canada is just one country

When you check Ghana, US, UK, Russia and even Germany and where I currently live

You will see the mass exodus in real time

I had a discussion with someone not too long ago
And I got to discover that some young Nigerians are even considering study route in countries like Lithuania and Philippines
Freaking Philippines

Some south african unis
You see the number of Nigerians
And you just wonder

And I just glossed through the SA thread
Much more are seeking admissions and committing their life savings

Bro, it's a mass exodus from the country
Especially among younger Nigerians
the Nigerian population is over 200m. When 20m people leave we can be talking about exodus. The country is failed and destined to keep failing. Any sensible person will flee.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ugosample(m): 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
ednut1:
the Nigerian population is over 200m. When 20m people leave we can be talking about exodus. The country is failed and destined to keep failing. Any sensible person will flee.

In terms of absolute numbers

Your position is right
It cant be seen as an exodus per se

But I see it from the angle of the increasing desperation among young people to run

It has not been this way since the last time we had a mass exodus in babangida era
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
Natalie27:
CALGARY: Symmons NW

There’s a newly completed,Bright, spacious, quiet, gorgeous 2 BEDROOM and 1 bath basement in a workout building available for RENT in NW Sagehill, Calgary! Utilities included

Apartment is available ASAP.
Rent is $1,100

Serious inquiries ONLY - please pm for more infor https://www.rentfaster.ca/ab/calgary/rentals/basement/2-bedrooms/sage-hill/431209 mation and/or pics. Thank you!

It’s a beautiful apartment and very affordable too.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kekereekun123:
angry

This was early this money(close to my kid’s school), this was our third snow (but first major snow) in my area.

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 8:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

The bolded, was that really necessary?

Majority of your customers are international students right? Do you know that majority of these international students in Canada and USA do survival jobs, which are minimum wage jobs?

So let’s be clear, you are cool talking down on people who do “low ass minimum wage jobs” but you don’t mind collecting their money right? You don’t mind them being your customers grin

I am also very sure, you did those jobs when you were a student.

May God give you the wisdom and humility as you continue in your business and navigate through life.

Amen
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
Quick question guys, given the lockdown that started again today in Toronto area and other regions, do you know if one can still come in from Nigeria?

#Season's greetings❤
#VictoryisfromGodalone

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2020
Mr money changer i don't think anyone sane will want to do business with someone so cocky and arrogant. You are rich then use nairaland adverts or Instagram. Yeye dey smell

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 12:35am On Nov 24, 2020
Sholaystar4me:
Quick question guys, given the lockdown that started again today in Toronto area and other regions, do you know if one can still come in from Nigeria?

#Season's greetings❤
#VictoryisfromGodalone

I don’t think anyone can say for certain, but I never heard of any added travel restrictions.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SIRTee15: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2020
allexy2:

So what do u do with the naira equivalent in naija.
Are u into importation?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alegria07: 12:41am On Nov 24, 2020
Has anyone ever applied for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD) from Nigeria. I will like to know the timeline for this. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wizzzz: 12:49am On Nov 24, 2020
I have sent my passport to ottawa from the US over a week . I see that a visa (counterfoil) was issued on saturday but my return tracking shows nothing. Did anyone experience this and how long did it take after visa was issued on dashboard
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 1:30am On Nov 24, 2020
allexy2:

Just a friendly reminder...

THE "LION" DOES NOT TURN AROUND WHEN THE "SMALL DOG" BARKS

Gbogbo story yi....Eez not necessary..... Be attaching junk up and down

You are a potential fraudster, only you went to university of British Columbia and you also went to Vancouver Island university....Okay...and you paid 2 million in tuition....Ku story

Anyone who does business with you, I repeat, does it at a great risk of getting scammed..

17 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 1:35am On Nov 24, 2020
allexy2:

I don't want Nigerian in this forum to see me as someone who is arrogant. I am not. However, Some[b] FACTS[/b] need to be talked about because it seems like SOME Nigerians have nothing good going in their lives in Canada.

You need to know that all fingers are NOT equal. As humans and Nigerians, we are running a race but NOT all are destined to reach the end of the race. it is the sad reality of life. There are some Nigerians who are blessed and lucky to have well-respected paying jobs in Canada. I am a living witness. I also personally know some Nigerians who are very successful in Canada.

On the other hand, there are some Nigerians who are NOT blessed and lucky in this country. The reality (not my opinion) is that the MAJORITY of Nigerians fall in this class bracket, sadly. A "subset" of these class bracket of Nigerians are the ones that wear a mask the portrays them as being "successful" in Canada( that is, the illusion of success). They often times live paycheck to paycheck, have countless credit cards and loans, always buying things on credit or things they can NOT afford. the list is endless. the pandemic has made life even harder for them to survive.

The successful Nigerians in Canada I know personally with good-paying jobs live within their means. they rarely buy things on credit. their bank account is well loaded with money you can ONLY dream of. Rather than spend money on things they don't need, they constantly investing their money to make it grow. While they sleeping, their money is growing. That is because they have planned their life in such a way that their next generation will not lack in this country.

When I was a university student, I did NOT bother to work. Without working, I was living a comfortable life because my parent sends me more than enough money. That should give you an idea of the type of family I am from in Nigeria. I was ONLY focused on my education. I studied applied mathematics and computer science My parent paid my university tuition fees and living expenses. My school fees was about 30, 000 CAD per year(excluding books). living expenses per year is about 20, 000 CAD per year ( province: BC). Now, I am a graduate working as a software engineer for a well-known IT company. pls, check or goggle the salary of software engineers. that will give an idea of what I make yearly.

My job has given me the opportunity to accumulate wealth in this country. By that, I mean I have more than enough money that most people will only dream of in my bank account. Rather than leave all of my money in the bank, I invest them in different business ventures. One of them is "money exchanger" which is just a side-gig for me. It is a new business venture I started during the pandemic because I notice there was a scarcity of USD in Nigeria. some parent could not send their kids studying in US and Canada money. Besides that, the exchange rate to USD keeps getting worst in Nigeria.

Less I forget, let me quote a comment, someone posted in response to my previous comment

"Do you know that majority of these international students in Canada and the USA do survival jobs, which are minimum wage jobs?"

It is evident that this person did not "carefully' read my PREVIOUS post. If he/she has done so, there will be no need for that question. Most of the international students that I sell USD or CAD (both in America and Canada) are ones that have parents that are either rich or well established in Nigeria. their parent are the ones funding their education while they studying abroad. They do NOT depend on working to survive. the funding they get from their parent is more than enough to live a good life abroad. They usually buy a large amount of CAD or USD from me.

There is someone from this forum (I will keep his name anonymous ) who contacted me last week friday via my email that he wants to buy Canadian dollars. He is an Igbo person with a thick igbotic accent. I spoke with him via phone. He said he wanted to buy about 6000 CAD. From the way he sounds and somethings he was saying, it was evident to me he does NOT have money. However, I gave him the benefit of the doubt tho. He wanted me to credit his bank account without having the naira equivalent. I find it hilarious. Maybe he thought the pandemic situation will make me send him money for free. who does that? grin

Here is my advice to ops, seek some help! the money in my bank account is money you can ONLY dream of. this is not an opinion. this is a fact.if my intention was to scam people, I do not think some people in this forum would have contacted me. some of them, I spoke with them via phone. They have my phone number. If I have scammed them, I am sure they would have announced it on the forum. don't you think so?
I also posted receipt of money I have wired to some of my clients who need USD or CAD in this forum. why don't you contact me to verify for yourself? if you prefer, I can do a video call with you.

Below is another receipt of money I wire to an international student studying in America. I sent the money few hrs ago( today). [b]PLEASE, CHECK THE DATE AND TIME ON THE RECEIPT. the parent of the student lives in Nigeria. They credited the naira equivalent to my account in Nigeria.( pls note: I blocked some sensitive private information on the receipt).

If you are a Nigerian international student both in the US or Canada that needed USD or CAD, please, kindly contact me via my email (billy123457773@protonmail) and I will give you a video or voice call ( whichever one you prefer)

Serious inquiry only, ( pls see a screenshot of the official exchange rate for USD and CAD for today)

Thank you
Your posts already reveal who you are, no need for the long epistle. Transacting business with you leaves a lot to be desired.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sholaystar4me(m): 3:33am On Nov 24, 2020
Thank you

#Bless

NaijaCanadian28:

I don’t think anyone can say for certain, but I never heard of any added travel restrictions.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jossy404: 3:34am On Nov 24, 2020
Mr Rich beyond conscience,.... that his parent owns the whole Nigeria...….. and that has the highest paying job in Canada, Can you please move your insecurity feeling forward a little bit? Go and explain all these to your fellow low-lifers.............

Nobody ask you to shalaye ..........

allexy2:

Your post will make any "sane person" question your LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE. It is evident you can NOT articulate words and lacks basic mathematical skills.

Jealousy is a terrible disease. Get well soon baba Canada grin

Always remember.....

Capitalism does not permit an even flow of economic resources. With this system, a small privileged few are rich beyond conscience, and almost all others are doomed and born to be poor. That's the way the system works. And since we know that the system will not change the rules, the rich will forever rule over the poor!

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 4:27am On Nov 24, 2020
jossy404:
Mr Rich beyond conscience,.... that his parent owns the whole Nigeria...….. and that has the highest paying job in Canada, Can you please move your insecurity feeling forward a little bit? Go and explain all these to your fellow low-lifers.............

Nobody ask you to shalaye ..........

No ooooo..... He offered to pay my one year rent oooo, I like this awoof Abeg

@allexy I clean the glass at bus stops in Calgary in the morning, then I do Warehouse work with home Depot at night....WEREY...

Lemme reiterate.... You are a thief, CON artist, onijibiti ....
And please gimme the email or number to send my landlord's interac email to.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Deltayankeeboi: 5:18am On Nov 24, 2020
allexy2:

Just a friendly reminder...

THE "LION" DOES NOT TURN AROUND WHEN THE "SMALL DOG" BARKS

I thought you are from a very rich social class family. How come you could no longer afford your school fee at a time.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pimp04: 5:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Good day everyone,
Please is there anyone that recently got into Canada, kindly share with us how you went about getting accommodation for the 14days quarantine. I'll be going to Conestoga College 3rd week in December and I need assistance with accommodation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nayo10(m): 5:53am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello guys,
Please is there any group for Nigerian in the atlantic region preferably New brunswick? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2020
You sound just like my dad. He said with the mass exodus in the 80s and 90s, Nigeria is still over populated. That even with the Canadian movement, there shall be no changes.

ednut1:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: damselhoney(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.